Type keyword(s) to search

Girl Meets Spoilers (and Spoiler Discussion)

Is the show even trying to pretend that Maya is not the main character now?

I'm not sure I mind as much as some. While the InstaDad stuff is lame, she is the most compelling actor on the show.

• Love 7

Well, the next episode they are taping is Girl Meets Cory and Topanga. Basically, about Riley and how she got that way. More Riley/Maya friendship scenes :)

But, I really don't mind them going more in depth with Maya. She really is the most compelling character on the show. But, I can not wait to see about Farkle and his parents.

• Love 2

Based on a YouTube video from the curtain call, Farkle's mom looks exactly like Kristanna Loken aka Jennifer Bassett.

This video?

I believe that the blond woman is the one who played Ava's mom. (1:12 mark)

The woman on the far end in the first screen cap looks like it could be Anndi Mcafee.  As mentioned she was in two episodes.  One episode as "Jennifer" where she did not speak (season 2) and one episode as "Melissa" where she did (season 3).  The Melissa role was somewhat crucial - she was Cory's first date after he broke up with Topanga.  Cory goes on a few dates with her and refuses to kiss her despite Shaun's prodding and Melissa's asking him too.  It is not until he sees Topanga kissing another guy that Cory does go and kiss Melissa.  Then he realizes that he still has feelings for Topanga and begins the arc of Cory always knowing that Topanga was the one despite Topanga's initial uncertainty and reluctance.

This all fits with the clues that are out there.  A major minor character that was on multiple episodes across different seasons.  I think IMDB is right and Anndi Mcafee is in fact Farkle's mother.

Not sure if this is the right thread but the description for July 17th indicates we're getting not one BUT two new staff members at the school!

"The New English teacher wants to use a comic book as a learning tool; (Holy recycled plot batman!) the principal is not pleased with her or with Cory, who defends her choice."

• Love 2

Not sure if this is the right thread but the description for July 17th indicates we're getting not one BUT two new staff members at the school!

"The New English teacher wants to use a comic book as a learning tool; (Holy recycled plot batman!) the principal is not pleased with her or with Cory, who defends her choice."

And to expand on the recycled plot the new English teacher rides a motorcycle.

• Love 1

Michael Jacobs recently did a podcast about the future of GMW, TV nowadays....the podcast was really informative.

But, he did give some spoilery tidbits:

1. Stick around cause we will be seeing more stuff for Zay.

2. There will be some fascinating stuff coming up for Ava/Auggie.

3. He described Riley as Eric and Ava/Auggie as the Cory/Topanga of the show.

4. They brought up how fans were worried that when they first introduced Riley/Lucas, they were going to set them up to get in a relationship and have them get married. But, Jacobs said that it will not happen at all.

5. He knows how the story with Maya and Rileywill end.

6. Girl Meets world will end different then BMW.

7. Cory will be the kids’ teacher in season 3, but possibly not past then.

8. Alex Dèserts (Eli Williams) will possibly be making an appearance.

9. There will be time jumps, and the show will most likely end with the kids finishing high school.

http://artistalleypod.com/post/123892748913/in-this-episode-girl-meets-world

The podcast was a great listen for all fans.

• Love 4

3. He described Riley as Eric and Ava/Auggie as the Cory/Topanga of the show.

This part HAD to be a joke. 

Right?  Right?

4. They brought up how fans were worried that when they first introduced Riley/Lucas, they were going to set them up to get in a relationship and have them get married. But, Jacobs said that it will not happen at all.

I suppose the good news is that he doesn't seem to be forcing Riley and Lucas as Twu Wuv.  But that could be more of a reaction to fan input than what the plan always had been.

Even one more season is pushing it, but I suppose the break point here is when they enter High School, right?

I actually hate most of those things.

- I really don't care about Auggie and Ava and don't know of anyone who does.

- Riley has clearly gone from being the Cory to being the Eric because.. what, they want to give Maya even more to do? I don't know how she be the protagonist AND be the Eric. It seems odd since I really thought Zay was the closest thing they had to an Eric. 

- I'm almost positive I heard early on that Riley and Lucas WERE the Cory and Topanga, so I won't be shocked to watch them force Lucas/Maya and totally change course due to fan response. I have to admit that I've lost a little more respect for him. 

Maybe I'm overreacting but honestly? I feel like he's mostly done more harm than good when it comes down to it and it's clear now that none of this is actually his real plan and he's just changing shit to please the majority. Except in the case of Shawn/Angela, of course. He just had to butcher them, regardless of what most people wanted. 

• Love 2

But isn't "The Eric" code talk for "really stupid, but has heart"?

So now after first seeming to say early on that Riley was the clever one, and Maya the not clever one, Riley is also now not the clever one?

But isn't "The Eric" code talk for "really stupid, but has heart"?

So now after first seeming to say early on that Riley was the clever one, and Maya the not clever one, Riley is also now not the clever one?

It is, but I don't think that really fits with who Riley was in the first season and even some of the second. It's like they're intentionally writing her as more over the top so Maya can play the straight character and to me, it's not really entertaining. I know this is the same creator who changed the Boy Meets World canon numerous times, but still. This is the main character we're talking about and I don't recall anything like this ever happening to Cory to give someone like Shawn more to do. It's kind of his problem if he can't come up with creative ways to tell the story with the characters as is. I thought Riley was fine the way she was. 

• Love 2

It is, but I don't think that really fits with who Riley was in the first season and even some of the second. It's like they're intentionally writing her as more over the top so Maya can play the straight character and to me, it's not really entertaining. I know this is the same creator who changed the Boy Meets World canon numerous times, but still. This is the main character we're talking about and I don't recall anything like this ever happening to Cory to give someone like Shawn more to do. It's kind of his problem if he can't come up with creative ways to tell the story with the characters as is. I thought Riley was fine the way she was.

I don't think they've changed Riley to give Maya more to do.

I think if they're changing how they describe Riley in interviews, it's because posing her as "the next Cory" wasn't working very well. They kept SAYING she was like Cory, but in actuality she didn't seem much like him.

Maybe the confusion DOES come back to Maya a bit. They also said that Maya was like Shawn, but really she doesn't fit that bill either, broken home stuff or not. So the two girls don't really fit together as a Cory/Shawn type of unit. Whatever the dynamic was (and it's not like the girls didn't play scenes well together), it wasn't that. It was Riley being "kooky" and Maya rolling her eyes at Riley being kooky. Which when they sat down and looked at it, probably SOUNDED like Riley had turned into Eric.

Honestly when Michael was talking about Riley/Eric stuff, he just meant that like in BMW, Auggie is the little brother aka Cory. While, Riley is actually the oldest aka Eric. I don't think he meant that Riley is Eric's characterization.

It doesn't seem like he wants the core group to be exact matches to the original core group. Just take little bits here and there.

Maybe the romantic pairings are towards to fan reaction, and majority them wanting to change things around. Michael brought up that with a surge in technology and the way society is now, it is very rare to get a Cory/Topanga like coupling. I honestly can see them leaving Riley single at the end, which would be perfect. As much as I like Lucas/Maya idea, having the kids graduated all single and happy would be best.

Maya and Rilay getting engaged in the series finale confirmed.

Also it wouldn't be a ____ Meets World without time jumps.

I WISH. Those two are truly the only ship that makes any long term sense, even if I do enjoy Riley/Lucas, Maya/Farkle and Josh/Maya. 

I kind of see where you're coming from now. It's just that when I read that.. it seemed off. I still think it's a little off since Cory was the main character and not Eric. 

bit off topic, but love the writers twitter sometimes, especially with spoiler drops like:

We have started to plot out this season's two part finale. Something happens. No, really. Something happens.

https://twitter.com/GMWWriters/status/620407753979236352

Anyways, glad they (supposedly) aren't going to do Riley/Lucas true love thing. Ideally I'd like to see Lucas end up with someone else besides Riley or Maya (part of that being I really don't like Mr. 99% perfect). Still can't really see how they can have Maya and Lucas hook up for more then an episode without being way out of character for Maya (even for just an episode it could be argued to be out of character). They kind of painted themselves in a bit there, especially after Meets Mr. Squirrels. 

I think Maya and Lucas have crazy mad chemistry. (Okay, Maya and Corey's desk probably would too, but anyway). I think if they FIRST did a storyline where Riley and Lucas decided "it" just wasn't there and they only wanted to be friends, then let some time pass, I don't think there'd be an issue with Laya/Mucas. Oh god, their "name" would be Mucas, wouldn't it?

As much as I don't want anyone to be out of a job, and as much as I like the actress playing Katy, a part of me hopes the "something" that happens is that Maya's mom dies, just for the storyline possibilities.

• Love 3
(edited)

Michael Jacobs recently did a podcast about the future of GMW, TV nowadays....the podcast was really informative.

But, he did give some spoilery tidbits:

9. There will be time jumps, and the show will most likely end with the kids finishing high school.

From Girl Meets the New Teacher:

"Feeney taught you every year and was also your Principal?"

"Yes."

"That would never happen today."

"We'll see."

I'm calling it now. Cory will be the principle of the high school while the girls are there.

(Edited because I know how to spell Cory)

Edited by Gbb
  • Love 1
(edited)

From Girl Meets the New Teacher:

I'm calling it now. Cory will be the principle of the high school while the girls are there.

I'll counter with "Vice Principal".  

It would make sense in a more Gabe Kotter way.

(Edited because Gbb knows how to spell Cory)

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 3

Yeah, the only way Cory won't somehow still be involved in the girls' school is if Augie's also aged up and he's his teacher.  But, I think that's a long shot.  The show is about Maya and Riley, so he'll somehow be in the thick of things with them at school.  If he's not their teacher, then he's going to have to be Principal or VP.  

Speaking of Augie, though, if we're time jumping, what are they going to do with him?  (Unless the actor is actually older than Augie is supposed to be now?)  I don't see them wanting to recast the role.  And if they plan on Ava being his Topanga, then they have to age her right along with him.  

They already ditched Auggie's horrible baby talk this season (thank god), so they'd just increase his vocabulary, dress him a bit differently, and pretend he's a bit taller (assuming he isn't actually by then).

• Love 2

Right? If I saw him say he was "this many" again I was going to scream. I suspect they were trying to make him seem younger to up the cute factor, but it really didn't work. I loved the slightly snarky original Morgan, they should have went that direction. 

It would make sense for Cory to become vice principal although I don't see how he'd be able to teach his completely random, yet in no way history class appropriate, life lesson of the week. 

• Love 2

[...]It would make sense for Cory to become vice principal although I don't see how he'd be able to teach his completely random, yet in no way history class appropriate, life lesson of the week. 

Hmm, Feeny did his in the hall and over the fence. Or at lunch lady funerals. 

• Love 1

If he's playing 2 years younger than he is, that gives them about a 4 year window to age him up, although it will work best if they manage to do it right around the time of a growth spurt.  But, yes, styling him differently and maturing his dialogue will go a long way. 

• Love 1

He also talks about an upcoming episode with Matthew Lawrence and is it wrong for me to hope that Jack and Eric are married?

Not at all! That would be very amusing, they had a great bromance back in the day.

I hope that Jack isn't married to Rachel...I didn't like her with either of the guys.  

Will Friedle has officially been given permission to refer to his character as Senator Eric Matthews. He also talks about an upcoming episode with Matthew Lawrence and is it wrong for me to hope that Jack and Eric are married?

Http://www.comicsonline.com/2015/07/sdcc-2015-interview-with-will-friedle-batman-beyond-boy-meets-world-girl-meets-world/

Cool.

Interesting. They got along well back in the day. It would be pretty amusing.

(edited)

Okay, checking back in with IMDB,,,as I said previously you have to take their guest casts for upcoming episodes with a grain of salt...

Anndi McAfee is no longer listed as playing Jennifer Minkus on 2.14 "Girl Meets Creativity".  But - hey CheetaraThunder are you listening? - on 2.22 "Girl Meets Normal" they list Kristanna Loken (from two eps of BMW) as playing Jennifer Bassett Minkus along with Lee Norris as Stuart Minkus.  I don't know what to tell you about this - somebody may be playing with us :P

Want to hear more IMDB significant guest cast listings for the remainder of Season 2 that may or may not be true?  Read on...

2.12 "Girl Meets Yearbook" - Katy (Maya's mom), Evelyn Rand (Jackee) and Harley

2.13 "Girl Meets Semi-Formal" - Eric plus the return of Jack Hunter (Matthew Lawrence)

2.14 "Girl Meets Creativity" - Now just shows Zay and Mr. Turner (verified by one of the YouTube videos linked above)

2.15 "Girl Meets Forgiveness" - Katy

2.16 "Girl Meets Rah Rah" - NONE listed but Josh is listed in the episode description...

2.17 "Girl Meets World of Terror 2" (Halloween ep) - Harley, Ava, and the return of Dewey!

2.18 "Girl Meets Belief" - NONE

[corrected 11:00 am CDT 7/27] 2.19 "Girl Meets Commonism" (that's how they spelled it) - Shawn, Chet, Ava, Evelyn, Harley, Zay, Alan and Amy Matthews, the return of Fishstore Phil(!), and Aubrey (Debby Ryan)!?! (Okay, does anyone believe this?)

2.20 "Girl Meets Genius" - NONE

2.21 "Girl Meets Cory and Topanga" - NONE

2.22 "Girl Meets Normal" - As mentioned above, Stuart and Jennifer Minkus, plus the return of Smackle!  (sounds Farkle-centric to me LOL)

2.23 "Girl Meets Sludge" - Ava and Zay

2.24 Title Not Yet Revealed (season finale?) - Shawn, Eric, Harley, Evelyn, Ava, and the return of Morgan Matthews! (Lindsay Ridgeway, Morgan #2) 

I would not be surprised if it was all changed by the time you looked it up on IMDB...but fun to read, huh? :)

Edited by bagert
  • Love 1

Over on the IMDB boards it was pointed out people seem to be messing around on the show pages a bit. Think it was mostly about Commonism, not sure if anything was pointed out for the others. 

From the GMWWriters twitter, Smackle returning in Normal is confirmed and I think they mentioned Dewey being in World of Terror 2. Supposedly some other guest stars as well but I don't think they've mentioned who yet (Just Auggie, Ava, & Doy). Also Semi-Formal is going to have a new kid (Charlie), can't remember if it was mentioned here or IMDB already (one of them did if I recall). 

Doy ALMOST wasn't bad... but it was almost completely because of Topanga and her role in those scenes.

Doy + Auggie + Ava is going to have to be a heck of a lot better written (and less cutesy sickie sweet) than last Halloween for me to not be hurling chunks.

So Yearbook is going to have some connection to The Library scene(s) from Girl Meets Boy:

August 7: Rucas? Lucaya? One moment. Listen for it.
We've been preparing you since they talked in the library.

https://twitter.com/GMWWriters/status/626384910618472449

From the stills and episode description (plus the description of Semi-Formal), get the feeling it may be trolling shippers and the connection will be the vet thing. 

http://www.disneyabcpress.com/disneychannel/shows/girl-meets-world/episodes/girl-meets-yearbook/

Also, didn't see it mentioned, but Sheppard is going to be the band in Semi-Formal:

http://www.disneyabcpress.com/disneychannel/shows/girl-meets-world/episodes/girl-meets-semi-formal/

Nothing mentioned about cool new teacher Harper through the end of the season...I wonder if the subsequent situation with Harper Lee and the author's new book will make it impossible to bring the character back.

Doy ALMOST wasn't bad... but it was almost completely because of Topanga and her role in those scenes.

How about this: in the Halloween special, Dewey/Doy has the power to take away the middle part of people's names - so for instance, "Topanga" is now pronounced "Toga".  (Hey writers - I want credit if you ever use that "Toga" line LOL j/k)

The stills for yearbook seems to have Riley, Maya and Farkle all changing their apparel - with Farkle dressing like Josh??

This is from http://thefutoncritic.com/listings/20150728disney09/

Riley is asked to the semi-formal dance by a classmate named Charlie and is torn whether to go with him or Lucas. Meanwhile, Cory's brother Eric is paid a visit from an old friend.

Guest Starring: Will Friedle as Eric Matthews, Matthew Lawrence as Jack Hunter and Sheppard as the band

Edited by bagert
The stills for yearbook seems to have Riley, Maya and Farkle all changing their apparel - with Farkle dressing like Josh??

When I first saw the pictures, I thought that was Josh and that the picture captions were just wrong.  It took seeing the previews tonight for that episode to convince me that was actually Farkle. 

I got to watch Girl Meets Yearbook today and IMO, it was another great episode. Lucas/Peyton was kind of the MVP of this episode. Peyton has improved leaps and bounds since season 1. He was so unhinged and hilarious this episode.

Some tidbits

Farkle does in fact not change back to his old look.

Riley as the goth girl was pretty cute.

Lucas and Maya seem more and more comfortable and it does seem like their relationship/friendship is growing better.

Continued Lucas/farkle bromance

More Riley/Maya moments

There are some overdue Topanga/Katy scenes, which were really nice.

There is a BIG moment that will most likely expand over the rest of the season:

To bring Riley and Farkle back to their old personalities, Mata decides to dress up like Riley ( pretty funny), but Katy warns her that when you become like that person, you may find out secrets about that person. When Maya started playing Riley in class, she started on this cute little rant to Lucas about meeting him blah blah blah, and then ended it with "that's why I like you so much, you like my brother" and stops herself before saying anything else. Then when Riley asks her if she found out any secrets about Riley when she played her and Maya paused and said no.

The writers said that there is one moment that would carry out over the season..and that was the one. Whether it means Riley figures out that her dream of being like her Parents and finding that everlasting love with Lucas won't happen, we will have to wait and see.

But, I would definitely say this was one of the better episodes of this season. Girl meets the new teacher is still my number 1 so far, but this was in the top 3 with Girl Meets the Tell tale tot.

• Love 1

If you have time Warner cable, they post GMW episodes a week early. Plus, there are fans that posted the episode on Google drive.

the episode really did do a great job of setting up the rest of the season. Lucas and Farkle had a great scene in the end, they keep building that friendship which was great to see. Lucas probably had the funniest scene when he tried to get Riley, Maya, and Farkle back...especially when he was talking to Maya, it was really funny and Peyton played it perfectly.

You can see how much Maya truly loves Riley and how much the Fab Four have grown to love each other. The episode had a good message. But, the only negative was when the class basically said that they will always want Riley arou!d, but basically didn't care that Maya wasn't around

Thanks for the info but ugh at Maya and Lucas happening. I'm happy for the fans who want them but I just don't think in a million years Maya would do that to Riley. I mean why even go there? Sean never developed feelings for Topanga, I'm just so tired of the triangle especially the bestfriends falling for the same guy because Lucas is so great and perfect everyone just has to be attracted to him.

I mean since the fans dictate this show what happends when somewhere down the line if Riley and Lucas become more popular because people grow tired of Maya and Lucas? Are the writers gonna change it up again?

Anyway I hear this is a great episode for farkle, looking forward to that

• Love 2

Maya/Lucas are not happening yet. They are just working slowly to develop more of a friendship between the two right now. If they were took there, the consensus is around season 3/4 or whenever they get done with Riley/Lucas. Maya and Lucas just seem more comfortable. They still tease, but you can see a little growth.

I like a potential Maya/Lucas thing, but wayyyyyyy down the line.

But, Its basically about Riley and Farkle taking the yearbook superlatives to heart. Farkle grows more confident and actually looks like a skinny Uncle Josh. While, Riley changes because they not only said that she is "Most likely to smile herself to death" but, she saw that Lucas/aya got voted Best couple. Lucas and Maya are there to tell there friends that they shouldn't change and listen to what others have to say, especially a 8th grade yearbook. Riley changes back, but Farkle grows more confident and keeps the look.

Edited by CheetaraThunder
  • Love 2