Type keyword(s) to search

Girl Meets Spoilers (and Spoiler Discussion)

Saw Rileytown, and its definitely an emotional episode:

- Riley is not herself in the beginning, but then you find out she is being cyber bullied.

- Riley/Maya have a fight, but tis basically Riley projecting her anger of being bullied towards Maya.

- Zay and Farkle are the first to find out and they tie Lucas down cause when they tell him that Riley is being bullied, he breaks through a countertop.

- The bay window scene with Maya and Riley was pretty darn brilliant. Sabrina is still bar none the best actor on the show, but man Rowan has improved leaps and bounds. Basically, Riley tells Maya what has been happening to her in the last couple weeks (Riley crying made me tearing up pretty good) and it ends up with both Riley and Maya crying. Amazing job by both Rowan and Sabrina.

- You don't find out who is bullying Riley, but you have a great scene with Riley talking to the camera while confronting the bully.

- We finally find out the names of all the kids in Cory's class.

Just curious because I see this a lot in my professional life:)

Did they cover what was actually being said to her by the bully or just  "hey she's being cyber bullied?"

Just general terms will do.

But I'm betting it's probably cyber bully awareness week somewhere

Yeah, they acknowledged it. Riley told the gang that the bully (who was a girl), apparently taped and uploaded Riley doing her antics and said "you exist, and your weird, and you get in the way of where I'm looking, so stop being weird and stop being happy. Nobody should be as happy as you." (Riley said this while tearing up) Riley tried to talk to the bully, but apparently the bully will not stop. Riley felt humiliated and the reason she didn't tell Maya was because she didn't want Maya to see her humiliated.

The scene is hard to describe, but it was really emotional and a damn great job by Rowan and Sabrina. It was great to see the four kids help Riley in their own way.

• Love 2
- Zay and Farkle are the first to find out and they tie Lucas down cause when they tell him that Riley is being bullied, he breaks through a countertop.

His reaction is what I was wondering about as soon as I read the episode description.  I figured that if he got physical with the kid bullying Farkle, it would be even more intense if someone is bullying Riley.  Plus, now we know that he was kicked out of his last school for fighting to defend his friend, and, clearly, his friends being picked on is a big trigger issue for him. 

Yeah, they acknowledged it. Riley told the gang that the bully (who was a girl), apparently taped and uploaded Riley doing her antics and said "you exist, and your weird, and you get in the way of where I'm looking, so stop being weird and stop being happy. Nobody should be as happy as you." (Riley said this while tearing up) Riley tried to talk to the bully, but apparently the bully will not stop. Riley felt humiliated and the reason she didn't tell Maya was because she didn't want Maya to see her humiliated.

The scene is hard to describe, but it was really emotional and a damn great job by Rowan and Sabrina. It was great to see the four kids help Riley in their own way.

Thanks for that info should make for interesting viewing :)

His reaction is what I was wondering about as soon as I read the episode description.  I figured that if he got physical with the kid bullying Farkle, it would be even more intense if someone is bullying Riley.  Plus, now we know that he was kicked out of his last school for fighting to defend his friend, and, clearly, his friends being picked on is a big trigger issue for him. 

Yeah, Maya and Riley figure that one out too, cause after Riley tells Maya in Riley's Room, they both barricade the bay window with all of Riley's stuff, to keep Lucas from entering. They knew he would turn into Texas Lucas, which he did, cause he just bulldozed his way into Riley's room.

Saw the Halloween episode and it was definitely MUCH better then last season. The only bad part is that there was too much Aggie/Ava. The only main characters in the episode are Riley, Maya, Corpanga, Auggie, Ava, and Doy. No Farkle/Zay/Lucas at all.

Actually though Austin/Ally didn't feel contrived like most of these crossovers are. It kind of felt... organic, in a weird way. Or maybe I just got love for Laura Marino.

The only main characters in the episode are Riley, Maya, Corpanga, Auggie, Ava, and Doy. No Farkle/Zay/Lucas at all.

That last bit is okay with me. None of the three are main characters and it's okay to rest them a few times per season.

Frankly the only characters who can't be rested are Riley and Maya. You can alternate parents even and a few times only have one around.

That last bit is okay with me. None of the three are main characters and it's okay to rest them a few times per season.Frankly the only characters who can't be rested are Riley and Maya. You can alternate parents even and a few times only have one around.

But Lucas and Farkle are main cast members. Though I agree Riley and Maya should be in every episode

Riley and her parents should be. Not Maya. Or she can take a backseat for an ep or two

On how many teen or kids shows are parents even main characters at ALL? It's typically the main protagonist and the best friend as the second banana. I mean the parents are in the credits, but sometimes don't show up for more than 2 minutes per episode on some shows.
  • Love 2

Riley and her parents should be. Not Maya. Or she can take a backseat for an ep or two

Actually the parents often take a backseat on Disney Channel shows. Girl Meets World is no different. Kids who are 8-12 years old aren't going to care about Cory & Topanga, the majority of them will have never heard of BMW, and others will have no interest in it or the significance of appearances by characters like Jack, Shawn, Angela, or even Cory & Topanga. Kids wants to see the kids like them, and that means Riley and her BFF (Maya) along with Farkle and Lucas.

There's a reason that the official description of the show reads:

"Life's an adventure, and Riley Matthews' is about to begin! This bright-eyed 7th grader and her quick-witted BFF, Maya, navigate the ups and downs of teenage life under the watchful eyes of her parents, Cory and Topanga."

Edited by grandemocha

That three day episode special is about to start that unnecessary love triangle of doom.

Not liking it at all and I agree with you. How is this good for Riley and Maya. Friendships get destroyed over this stuff

• Love 3

I've got no problem with anyone who isn't Riley or her parents taking a backseat every once in a while.

I felt the same way about Shawn as I do about Maya. Way too much airtime devoted to both characters on the respective series, sometimes to the detriment of the respective shows.

• Love 1

Saw the Halloween episode and it was definitely MUCH better then last season.

Actually though Austin/Ally didn't feel contrived like most of these crossovers are.

Speaking of crossovers, this now means that since Girl Meets World crossed over with Austin & Ally..................

and Austin & Ally crossed over with Jessie.......................................

ans Jessie crossed over with, well, just about everybody (including Spider-man (seriously, that actually happened))

that now means that the DCLAU (do I need to tell you what that means)

is now part of the big huge crossover universe

(How sad is it that I can describe about 65% of these crossovers)

Hey look: There's the Whedonverse................

and David E. Kelley's lawyer shows.............................

and Gary Marshall's comedys, and....................

Boy Meets World is down in the lower right, with the other TGIF shows

and Girl Meets World is ............... seriously, do I need to explain that as well????

Yeah, that diagram is a couple of years old   (It doesn't have all of the NCIS spinoffs, among other things)

but it does show a whole lot of shows that are somehow wonderfully connected

through the "magic" of the TV crossover

(It's not just for Disney Channel shows only)

Who knew that Batman and Balki were connected via "6 degrees of Kevin Bacon"?

(Wait, is he involved in this too?)

Speaking of crossovers, this now means that since Girl Meets World crossed over with Austin & Ally..................

and Austin & Ally crossed over with Jessie.......................................

ans Jessie crossed over with, well, just about everybody (including Spider-man (seriously, that actually happened))

that now means that the DCLAU (do I need to tell you what that means)

is now part of the big huge crossover universe

(How sad is it that I can describe about 65% of these crossovers)

Hey look: There's the Whedonverse................

and David E. Kelley's lawyer shows.............................

and Gary Marshall's comedys, and....................

Boy Meets World is down in the lower right, with the other TGIF shows

and Girl Meets World is ............... seriously, do I need to explain that as well????

Yeah, that diagram is a couple of years old   (It doesn't have all of the NCIS spinoffs, among other things)

but it does show a whole lot of shows that are somehow wonderfully connected

through the "magic" of the TV crossover

(It's not just for Disney Channel shows only)

Who knew that Batman and Balki were connected via "6 degrees of Kevin Bacon"?

(Wait, is he involved in this too?)

You can talk more about it here:  

The Tommyverse: TV Crossover Central!

I'm not really looking forward to "Lets have a guy come between friends" next week

My speculation is that Riley will be okay that Lucas and Maya like each other, because she will realize that she "only sees him as a brother". So everything will be awesome. Either way I hate that they are doing this. Sigh..does there really have to be couples already? Great....more Maya stories.

• Love 2

Don't expect any coupling coming after Texas. I think there will be hint on where they wild be heading towards season 3. I think in the end, Riley and Maya choose each other (though I can see Maya suppressing her growing feelings for Riley). But, I am also tired of hearing about how this could destroy Riley. This won't destroy Riley, she will be fine. Now, she'll be hurt, but if Lucas/Maya ever got together, she would be okay with it in time. In the end, Riley and Maya want each other to be happy.  The real endgame will always be Riley/Maya....remember promos are always misleading.

But,I do wonder how the creators dealt with the Uriah/Josh ordeal. Josh was suppose to be back for the final 2 episodes this season. Obviously, Uriah's health comes first. So, did they just removed Josh from the episodes?

Onto the whole Maya getting screentime...Jacobs said that Girl Meets World, its not just about Riley facing the world, but Maya too. They are the two stars of the shows. So, yes you will get stories for Riley and Maya separately. One might get more screen time then the other, doesn't really bother me. What bothers me, is they need to stop making Riley so unaware of the real world. I want to see Riley face some of the harsh realities. Not, everything can be tied up in a pretty bow. Some things you just can't fix.

Edited by CheetaraThunder
  • Love 1

After seeing the newest GMW "Texas" promo with Maya dumping a smoothie on Lucas's head, I sincerely doubt they'll be a couple by the end of the episode. It seems like the writers are trying to majorly hype up the 3 part episode, but the actual result will be much different than some people expect.

I would be surprised if they move this quickly into a Lucas/Maya coupling.  It's just too soon after the "Riley thinks of Lucas like a brother" stuff started, that there's no way for it to not look shitty by both Maya and Lucas to go there this soon.  I'm sure the "something happened between me and Lucas" thing will be not nearly what they want us to think it's going to be.  

It would be one thing to eventually get there with the two of them, after Lucas and Riley and long since moved on from the idea of being a couple.  But it's just too soon now.  

They're handling this subject fairly well over on Liv & Maddie.  Liv really liked a guy, but her friend didn't know that and asked him to a dance.  The two of them dated for a while, but the guy really likes Liv, and he eventually broke up with the other girl and went to Liv to tell her how he felt.  She told him that they can't be a couple now, because she can't do that to her friend.  We have since had scenes where you can clearly see that the two still like each other, but they're determined to hold off until it's a better time.  Given that the friendship in question there isn't nearly as long standing as the Riley/Maya friendship (and certainly not the focus of the show like Riley/Maya), we definitely need at least that same level of caution on the part of Lucas and Maya here, too.  We should have a decent chunk of time where neither is even willing to admit that they have feelings for the other, to start with.  

• Love 1

After watching part 2 of Texas and that campfire scene, but I am fully rooting for Lucas and Maya. That one scene had more chemistry that I've seen on the show and possibly on Disney. A lot of tension. Sabrina and Peyton knocked it out of the park. Plus, Maya's heartbreaking reaction when Lucas says " Well, what if I don't think we are like that" when Riley talks about seeing Lucas as a brother, was gut wrenching, and kind of proved to me that Maya does really like Lucas but believes she doesn't deserve him. It wa a small moment, but something huge.

And, the ending where Lucas is talking too the bull and sheep. Basically telling the sheep: that she was gentle, but she scared him. He never told her that. He told the bull: when they first met, he got nightmares the first time they met, "but when I found out that I had a chance with you, that was about the scariest moment of my life". Basically the bull represents Maya and the sheep represents Riley.

They could go either way with this. I think both Riley and Maya will sacrifice the potential for happiness with Lucas so the other can have it. In the end, they will choose each other over any boy. Rilaya wins out. But, Lucas will end up more confused. He always and still likes Riley, but he never thought that Maya and him could ever go "romantically", and to find out she likes him, it scares him and I think he is starting to like Maya too. But, they will all stay friends and I think the climax will be at GM Graduation where we will see what direction they will go for season 3/4.

Edited by CheetaraThunder
  • Love 2

I just saw some episode stills for the upcoming episode: Girl Meets Sludge, and damn, the show runners really need to take Peyton Meyer aside and tell him to ease up on the workouts. He already doesn't look like he belongs in middle school or dating Riley (...or Maya one could argue), but the more he works out and gains muscle, the older he looks. 

• Love 2

I just saw some episode stills for the upcoming episode: Girl Meets Sludge, and damn, the show runners really need to take Peyton Meyer aside and tell him to ease up on the workouts. He already doesn't look like he belongs in middle school or dating Riley (...or Maya one could argue), but the more he works out and gains muscle, the older he looks. 

They kind of had the same problem with James Maslow on Big Time Rush.

Girl Meets Belief is out On demand, and I liked the episode, but I already know some people are going to hate it. It deals with God and basically Maya and Farkle doesn't really believe in that higher power. Its more like Riley and Cory kind of force the issue on Maya/Farkle, while Lucas is more tame about it.

Its more like Riley and Cory kind of force the issue on Maya/Farkle

Do they give a good explanation as to why Cory, a middle school history teacher, is being pushy about the topic of believing in God in a public school classroom? Riley is young, so I'll probably give her a pass on being pushy over the subject since she's still learning and her own beliefs could change years later. Cory on the other hand...

• Love 1

It was weird. Cory divided the core four into two groups: Maya/Riley talk about Jefferson and Farkle/Lucas talk about Joan of Arc. When Maya gets tired of Riley trying to get her to believe, Maya tells Riley that she needs a break from Riley. Lucas/Farkle get into it and Farkle/Maya, Lucas/Riley become partners. Farkle tries to get Maya/Riley to reconcile, and Riley/Lucas realize that they agree way too much. So they switch partners again, and its like a happy medium: Maya/Lucas have a really nice conversation and Maya says that she doesn't like it when Riley pushes her into something. Lucas gives her some advice (this episode was done before Texas and I guess was suppose to air before Yearbook, so its kind of prelude to all that).

Its a weird episode to describe, but I think they kind of tackled the topic as best as they could. Like I said, I think this is an episode that people will either love or hate, no real happy medium.

Also, the New Years episode will be airing on Dec 4th, so after that the remaining episodes are Sludge, Girl Meets Communism, and the finale.

Shawn and Eric aren't set to appear in any more episodes this season. However, Rider Strong is directing 2 more episodes, so just picture Shawn behind the camera? 

If we're already up to episode 24, I can't imagine much more of this season left.  What the heck was the order size again?

And no Season 3 news yet (not that it's unlikely to get renewed--it will--it's just a matter of production and scheduling).

When they'll ALREADY have popped out more than 50 episodes by that point, one assumes they won't be in any great hurry.

Disney used to pretty much have a 65-episode limit on most of their shows back in the late 90's/early 2000's, but Hannah Montana really seems to put Disney past doing that. I feel like a lot of shows now had longer runs, more like 4 or 5 instead of the standard 3.

I can maybe see a 5th season, which means they need to get to high school pronto if we're going to see them at graduation.

Edited by methodwriter85

Just watched The New Years episode and well...it's definitely very interesting. If you are a fan of Farkle, you might not want to watch this episode, cause Farkle was definitely a OOC ass. But, before that, here are my pros and cons:

What I liked:

-Miss Harper is backed to teached Sense and Sensability.

-Riley and Maya scene. It's a callback when Maya made fun of Riley/Lucas kiss. But now it's Riley making fun of Maya/ Lucas. But, Riley is pretty shocked when Maya tells her that they didn't kiss. He grabbed her head and pulled her close. Riley said good move, and Maya pretty much admits that she wanted Lucas to kiss her.

-Maya/Corpanga scene. Honestly, they are the only people that are actually listening to Maya. It's a great scene basically talking about being confused about feelings and Corpanga advising Maya in a very paternal way.

- The couple Lucas/Maya scenes there were. Not just saying that because I am a fan, but they were really good. The first one being them playing the couple game ( aka from the BMW ski lodge and Newlywed episodes). Lucas was asked what describes his personality: library or campfire, and he eats the paper. Then Maya is asked "isn't possible to love two people at once, then she eats the paper. Really funny and cute.

The second scene is the rooftop where Maya tells Lucas that she is going to be nice to Lucas and he just gives her this big starry eyed smile. Cute scene.

- Smackle. They continued the whole Smackle thinks Lucas wants her and it's hilarious.

What I did not like:

-Farkle. He blatantly disregards Rileys wishes of keeping something a secret. She wasn't ready but farkle didn't give a shit. He kept pushing her. And, Farkle did not give a shit about what Maya was feeling for Lucas or her reaction to the secret getting out. He basically didn't care about the consequences or how it could effect his friends and Charlie. It was very selfish and OOC.

- this episode really didn't solve anything ( since the resolution will be in the finale) but it was kind of a pinch point for the show and the romances. It basically showcased all the obstacles towards the end goal. Lucas likes both Riley/Maya. Maya likes Josh/Lucas, Riley's secret is out, etc... It definitely was a straight continuation from Texas and sets up for some kind of resolution in the finale.

Just watched The New Years episode and well...it's definitely very interesting. If you are a fan of Farkle, you might not want to watch this episode, cause Farkle was definitely a OOC ass. But, before that, here are my pros and cons:

What I liked:

-Miss Harper is backed to teached Sense and Sensability.

-Riley and Maya scene. It's a callback when Maya made fun of Riley/Lucas kiss. But now it's Riley making fun of Maya/ Lucas. But, Riley is pretty shocked when Maya tells her that they didn't kiss. He grabbed her head and pulled her close. Riley said good move, and Maya pretty much admits that she wanted Lucas to kiss her.

-Maya/Corpanga scene. Honestly, they are the only people that are actually listening to Maya. It's a great scene basically talking about being confused about feelings and Corpanga advising Maya in a very paternal way.

- The couple Lucas/Maya scenes there were. Not just saying that because I am a fan, but they were really good. The first one being them playing the couple game ( aka from the BMW ski lodge and Newlywed episodes). Lucas was asked what describes his personality: library or campfire, and he eats the paper. Then Maya is asked "isn't possible to love two people at once, then she eats the paper. Really funny and cute.

The second scene is the rooftop where Maya tells Lucas that she is going to be nice to Lucas and he just gives her this big starry eyed smile. Cute scene.

- Smackle. They continued the whole Smackle thinks Lucas wants her and it's hilarious.

What I did not like:

-Farkle. He blatantly disregards Rileys wishes of keeping something a secret. She wasn't ready but farkle didn't give a shit. He kept pushing her. And, Farkle did not give a shit about what Maya was feeling for Lucas or her reaction to the secret getting out. He basically didn't care about the consequences or how it could effect his friends and Charlie. It was very selfish and OOC.

- this episode really didn't solve anything ( since the resolution will be in the finale) but it was kind of a pinch point for the show and the romances. It basically showcased all the obstacles towards the end goal. Lucas likes both Riley/Maya. Maya likes Josh/Lucas, Riley's secret is out, etc... It definitely was a straight continuation from Texas and sets up for some kind of resolution in the finale.

Thank you for the spoilers, I think by now we know my feelings for this storyline so I'll try and keep it short.

If you don't mind me asking where the hell did Josh come from now? Wasn't she all about Lucas now it's Lucas and Josh? I hate these writers and what they are doing to this show. So Riley sacrificed her own feelings for Maya, the writers made Lucas like Maya out of nowhere, and now Maya is confused between two boys? Why does this storyline exist if Josh is still in the picture?And all Riley gets to have is creepy Charlie once Lucas leaves? So nothing is solved and we continue with the love triangle of a bunch of 8th graders. That was more directed towards the writes. I had such high hope for this show, for Maya and Riley, I hate it's turned to who does Lucas like and who will he choose, giving those annoying fandoms what they want, pitting fans against each other and choosing sides of the two girls.

Also it's absolutely disgusting that they are talking about kissing the same guy btw (even though I know Maya and Lucas didn't kiss), it's just so wrong. I know they are kids but it's so wrong

• Love 3

The whole Josh thing is up to interpretation. Josh was never mentioned in the episode. When Maya read the question about "is it possible to love two people at the same time", she eats the question. We don't know if it's about Josh/Lucas, or possibly about the Riley/Maya/Lucas situation. Josh wasn't in the episode.

Maya talking about being confused about her feelings: she never brought up anyone specific, she just doesn't know how to tackle these new feelings. It's a great scene.

And l, you shouldn't just feel bad for Riley: she has like Charlie, Lucas, and farkle looking out for her. I honestly feel bad for All four: Maya, Lucas, Charlie, and Riley.

Charlie: he truly likes Riley, and he's a sweet guy, but gets his heartbroken in the episode.

Lucas: he gets all this shit thrown at him and no one is asking how he feels. I do believe he likes nothing else, but no one has asked Lucas his opinion at all.

Riley: lying about her feelings to help her best friend, and has farkle pressuring her when she is not ready. She just wants happiness for all, but she is hurting herself.

Maya: ( Rowan said in a tvline interview that Maya and Lucas have liked each other since season 1, she specifically said that, so to some people it may have come out of nowhere, but Rowan thinks otherwise.) But, she just wants happiness for everyone and she is really a mess. You can see in the episode that she really does like Lucas, but you see her insecurity building back up during the couples game, her talk with corpanga, and the ending.

In summary: they are 14, everyone is confused and have no clue what to do. And in the end, I feel bad for the four.

I know the actor who plays Josh got into a bad motorcycle accident (hope the guy is okay!) but was he supposed to be in this episode? I don't really keep too close an eye on the filming details or dates.

Yup, sounds like I will be irritated with Farkle, but I'll reserve final judgment till I see it. 

LOL, poor Charlie. I know some of his lines are teetering on the edge of earnest vs. creepy, but I can't help but like his character!

• Love 1