Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Wild prediction: TK will be standing with K&J as a "special guest" when K announces the new squad.

Realistic prediction: TK will be waiting just off camera waiting to embrace VK when the team is announced.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

When? I know we talked about her lackluster SG audition, but a confirmed cut hadn't happened that I knew of...is this, like official? 

There should be 9, but since Queen Victoria has to have her spot, there are only 8. 

Sorry wrong person it was Alexandria

2 minutes ago, Dccfan73 said:

Meredith was cut???

Sorry it was the wrong person it was Alexandria that was cut 

7 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Wild prediction: TK will be standing with K&J as a "special guest" when K announces the new squad.

Realistic prediction: TK will be waiting just off camera waiting to embrace VK when the team is announced.

TK will be the one who gives the speech to the girls before their first game, like Meredith's mom did during Season 2.

• Love 1

The funny thing about the VK situation is that they set themselves up for the fall out. If they treated is as truly just a part-time dance job, I don’t think the favoritism would be nearly as glaring, nor would it be such a topic of discussion. I mean, it’s not like these women are performing heart surgery on anyone, so an unqualified girl making the team due to favoritism isn’t a a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

BUT.....they are the one who hold themselves up as shining examples of sophistication and high standards. They are the one who have been all about rules, rules, rules on the show - how many women have been dressed down and/unceremoniously cut for being 5 minutes late (the horror!) or out of shape? And we all remember Kelli shoving the contract in Holly’s face and that they had no problem calling Taylor immature over and over again? Yet, here we are. If it wasn’t obvious before, it definitely is now that the emperor has no clothes. 

I should be clear that I have nothing against VK. Dancewise, I think she’ll be ok as as a DCC, but the “she came back stronger than ever and is now the greatest” narrative will get old quick.

• Love 18
56 minutes ago, Cruisegirl said:

I’m reading Shelleys comment and digging deeper into the comment,  I take it as there were stronger dancers than the ones who made it, but it came down to the vote. Another popularity contest or many just voted for the girl who had a  rough last year. 

I took it more as "everybody did their best, and there was some consideration of previous tenure on SG, but votes went a way that excluded Jalyn" (which could mean she was outdanced).  Which bums me out, because I really like her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

TK will be the one who gives the speech to the girls before their first game, like Meredith's mom did during Season 2.

I don't remember....did Meredith know her Mom (also forget her name) was going to give the speech before the game?

4 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

I took it more as "everybody did their best, and there was some consideration of previous tenure on SG, but votes went a way that excluded Jalyn" (which could mean she was outdanced).  Which bums me out, because I really like her.

Even on Jalyn's worst day, she could not be legitimately out danced by Victoria. Victoria IS a messy dancer. But even if you took her out of the equation; even on Jalyn's worst day, she could not be outdanced by Rachel A. Not ever. 

• Love 21
42 minutes ago, DCCFan197605 said:

Victoria’s treatment represents a continuity problem for the MTT series.   I have watched each season, and can muster no example of such behavior as Victoria’s be nothing other than disqualifying for any further consideration for future squads.  Since there are no other examples that have been shown on the show, the viewer is left with one of two impressions.  

Impression #1-DCC Leadership has gone soft, understands that this generation of young ladies is inherently flaky and untrustworthy, and that going forward,  will be more forgiving of maturity problems for all candidates.  

Impression #2-Auntie Kelli reserves the right to use her staff legacy-nepotistic treatment card on Victoria as Sam seems unlikely to audition.   

I believe it is a strategic error to not address these impressions in the show.  If a viewer believes #1, Victoria’s example will become the precedent against which Kelli’s future decisions will be judged.  I’ve said it before that K&J are far less decisive lately likely due to experience and falling testosterone. So, taking it easy on Victoria is less surprising than it would have been a decade ago.  Still, there will be impacts to future seasons.

More likely, viewers will believe #2.  From the footage of Judy saying nothing throughout about VK last season and the terrible pain displayed by Kelli during Victoria’s cut, it’s clear there is a special relationship; however, to pretend that it doesn’t exist discounts KF’s reputation.  Because there has been no explicit behind the scenes footage of the DCC leadership discussing this conflict between standards and nepotism, we are left with myriad conspiracy theories (aka, buried bodies, steakhouse GM management at the Star).   

Not that at anyone cares.  Perhaps, KF and MTT’s days are numbered, and the VK saga will be an interesting plot at the end of a special, yet niche series.  But if that’s not the case, TPTB should consider the implications of this situation.

Full disclosure: I am a VK fan, and I am disappointed that the Kalinas have put the DCC organization in this position.

Remember Kaitlyn LaRae? After Kelli sent instructions that no one should go tanning before cameos, she ignored her and went anyway and looked orange and horrible. And they didn’t cut her and she made the squad. 

She ended up getting cut mid-season because she put on so much weight, but that was a glaring red flag that Kelli and Judy just looked the other way on.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, TinyHands said:

Victoria’s treatment represents a continuity problem for the MTT series.   I have watched each season, and can muster no example of such behavior as Victoria’s be nothing other than disqualifying for any further consideration for future squads. 

Didn't Season 2's Victoria get cut for not losing the weight, even after she was told to work with Jay - which she didn't cause she felt she could do it herself.  Am I remembering that right?

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Even on Jalyn's worst day, she could not be legitimately out danced by Victoria. Victoria IS a messy dancer. But even if you took her out of the equation; even on Jalyn's worst day, she could not be outdanced by Rachel A. Not ever. 

Absolutely agree! The TPTB made sure the princess is getting her crown this year even if it sends more qualified dancers to the bench or cut from TC entirely. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Didn't Season 2's Victoria get cut for not losing the weight, even after she was told to work with Jay - which she didn't cause she felt she could do it herself.  Am I remembering that right?

Season 2 Victoria had the wrong last name to get away with disrespecting Kelli's directive on weight management.

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

TK will be at the squad announcement, the squad photo, the first game, and VK's first show group performance. And TK will probably be shown on camera for all of it . *shudders*

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Griffin said:

TK will be at the squad announcement, the squad photo, the first game, and VK's first show group performance.

The first date, the proposal, the wedding, the honeymoon...…….

• LOL 12
2 hours ago, TinyHands said:

Remember Kaitlyn LaRae? After Kelli sent instructions that no one should go tanning before cameos, she ignored her and went anyway and looked orange and horrible. And they didn’t cut her and she made the squad. 

She ended up getting cut mid-season because she put on so much weight, but that was a glaring red flag that Kelli and Judy just looked the other way on.

Thanks.  I knew there would be some examples I had forgotten.  Remind me, did these two incidents occur in different seasons?

2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Again, thank you for the reminder.

My point was that I could not remember anyone getting cut for major behavioral transgressions in one season getting invited back to training camp in subsequent seasons.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, DCCFan197605 said:

Thanks.  I knew there would be some examples I had forgotten.  Remind me, did these two incidents occur in different seasons?

Same season.  She made the squad her first try and then was cut during the fall.

3 minutes ago, DCCFan197605 said:

Again, thank you for the reminder.

My point was that I could not remember anyone getting cut for major behavioral transgressions in one season getting invited back to training camp in subsequent seasons.  

Brandi Kilby had scandalous half naked bar pictures on her MySpace that she got talked to about in the office, and then posted more bad pictures. She was also told to cut her long stripper nails and she never did. She was cut, then made it back to training camp and made the squad the next year.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Cruisegirl said:

I’m reading Shelleys comment and digging deeper into the comment,  I take it as there were stronger dancers than the ones who made it, but it came down to the vote. Another popularity contest or many just voted for the girl who had a  rough last year. 

Yes, I interpreted it that way as well...

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Griffin said:

TK will be at the squad announcement, the squad photo, the first game, and VK's first show group performance. And TK will probably be shown on camera for all of it . *shudders*

Is this speculation or inside information?  If its information, how could all of this be arranged unless TPTB arranged everything (shooting etc- they would have to know when the first SG performance would be) in advance because they knew VK would make the squad.

1 minute ago, go4luca said:

Yes.  It was shared last year.

Oh, ok.  I'm late to the party lol 😜  I thought it was interesting her little discussion on favoritism.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, TUOwl84 said:

Oh, ok.  I'm late to the party lol 😜  I thought it was interesting her little discussion on favoritism.

I doubt it's a problem.  I'm sure others haven't yet seen it. 😉

As for your other observation, I'm trying to stay out of it, lol.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, SingleMom9 said:

Do they have TC this week? Lots of vets have insta stories not in Texas.

2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Doesn’t look like it maybe they got the week off 

Probably "Rookie Week"

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Fixing typos and formatting....grrrrrr
  • Love 1
(edited)

@ShellyB can you tell us a bit about "Rookie Week" like what they do during those rehearsals?  Is it the entire week that Kelli, Judy and the Vets are out of rehearsals? Thanks in advance 🙂

Edited by DCCFanInKy
my crappy punctuation
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Cruisegirl said:

You may be missing two key points Shelley made: one, girls are expected to always be moving forward ("improving") and two, they shouldn't take anything for granted. 

• Love 5
On 7/2/2019 at 11:18 PM, ShellyB said:

There are considerations for the previous year(s), but just because your on SG the previous year doesn’t mean your are safe. They are always expected to keep pushing, moving up. 

This should not be overlooked from Shelley's commentd. 

I can see how VK made show group if they were just tallying judges votes after a brief audition.  She stands out. She's tall,  long legs and powerful. Refined technique? nope -  sometimes spastic. But demanding of attention-yes.

You can compare quality by looking at youtube videos of both Jalyn and VK. There is no question that Jalyn is a more skilled, controlled and technical dancer. But did she grab their attention on SG audition day? guess not. And that plain stinks.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Reveala said:

You may be missing two key points Shelley made: one, girls are expected to always be moving forward ("improving") and two, they shouldn't take anything for granted. 

Based on this logic, someone who is a subpar dancer could make Show Group because it doesn't take much for her to improve/move forward. Meanwhile, a great dancer has a much harder time making Show Group because her improvement will be much more subtle.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

Jalyn is a good dancer but anyone can have an off day. It kind of sucks if your off day is auditions, but that's show biz (literally).

This is what I would normally say but Daphne's show group audition was horrendous. She wouldn't have even been taken into training camp if that was her performance standard! So why did Daphne potentially get the excuse of an 'off day,' and Jalyn did not? Both were reportedly stars last season and Jalyn's work ethic was mentioned by Kelli. That is why this board is so confused by Jalyn's cut.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, chrishunt said:

This is what I would normally say but Daphne's show group audition was horrendous. She wouldn't have even been taken into training camp if that was her performance standard! So why did Daphne potentially get the excuse of an 'off day,' and Jalyn did not? Both were reportedly stars last season and Jalyn's work ethic was mentioned by Kelli. That is why this board is so confused by Jalyn's cut.

I've been wondering about that and my guess is that she had an injury and told them about it in advance. You can see how low her right kicks were especially compared with her left, and how low her right leg was in the jump split. That could be a groin or hip issue. This is just a theory, I am not stating this as fact.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

I've been wondering about that and my guess is that she had an injury and told them about it in advance. You can see how low her right kicks were especially compared with her left, and how low her right leg was in the jump split. That could be a groin or hip issue. This is just a theory, I am not stating this as fact.

Yes youre right that would explain low kicks but that doesn't explain missing entire chunks of moves or being behind or ahead of the music. 

I went down a youtube hole and did find some videos of Jalyn dancing from several years ago. And while she is a very clean technical dancer, at least back then, she didn't have really a wow factor. Like yes, lovely technique, not the BEST flexibility. 

One thing that to me makes Victoria interesting to watch is I find her expressive when she dances. She's clearly feeling something and you see the joy when she dances. Whether you call it acting or emoting...she does that. And I can see why a panel would be drawn to her. She has nice lines, her leaps are always high, her turns....are her weakest point. She can turn but falls out a lot. She's tall, high kicks and she does look like she's having a blast as she dances. That makes someone pop. 

So I can see why judges would be drawn to Victoria. Also beyond the getting cut thing last year,  she HAS dealt with some considerable mocking online non-stop for a year, some of which goes beyond valid criticism of immaturity to bullying, like the stuff about her weight. We can say that the nepotism sucks but once that line is crossed, we at least need to be honest and say that she has been treated not great on the internet and on social media. Some deserved but some really over the line. That sucks.  So has she been through a lot? Not more than many who have dealt with serious illnesses and such but more than most especially at her age. So I can see what Kelli may mean by 'all that she has been through'. And hey we don't know the extent of it, maybe it got really REALLY ugly...like death threats and stuff. People online can be absolute monsters. 

However, Daphne making it over Jalyn is what truly baffles and will continue to baffle me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12