Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

From what we saw, Victoria was better than Daphne, so if anyone got favorable treatment it was Daphne. But as usual, every decision the DCC makes has to be run through the VK Filter. Have we even seen Jalyn's SG audition? What was her reputation last year? I mean, they took Daphne over her so there must be a non-Victoria reason for her cut. I know that hurts the narrative, but what can you do.

After the backlash to Victoria's reaction for not making it last year, I hope Jalyn has the good sense to suck it up and not whine about it. If anyone (not picking on Jalyn, just in general) quits over not making SG, I say good riddance. No one needs entitled brats on the team.

Of course, I don't give a rodent's rear who is on SG. Like it literally does not matter to me at all.

People think it’s the end of the world if you don’t make show group !! Like if you don’t your not good enough 

3 hours ago, aimeelou625 said:

Do y’all think that Jaylyn changed her hair color on her own or that Kelly changed her hair color?

I always thought Kelli was in charge of their DCC “look” until they were cut or retired. So I assumed her hair was Kelli’s doing. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

What in the holy hell is happening, Kelli Finglass? Have you lost all your damn minds? Jalyn was robbed. Daphne needs cut or given the op to excuse herself from camp. Girl looks horrible physically and has no stamina. 

I’m shocked they haven’t put Miss Almost America on show group.

i can’t even decide what to comment on VK, except reinforcing my prediction that she’ll hopefully be a one bit wonder.

Also TOLD Y’ALL SHE’D MAKE SHOWGROUP!

Kelli is now on vacation. Lol

• LOL 1
3 minutes ago, tteek74 said:

I’m going to need to know where to get those. For...research purposes. Yeah.

I’m with you! 

Smokey Bones restaurants...and they offer a shot of alcohol mixed in.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Daphne has caused negative PR for the group and every clip we got of her was lackluster at auditions. Her kicks were low, her dancing was sloppy...etc. 

Just wondering ... what negative PR has Daphne caused?

7 minutes ago, Stephieg84 said:

I couldn’t possibly disagree with this more. Maddie was kind, humble and respectful her first year auditioning. She didn’t lie, throw an employer under the bus, or cause any tension amongst the TCCs. There is no comparison to be made between the 2 other than they both got cut their first try

Ok have to begin with y’all know I do not think Maddie is DCC material looks, weight, dance wise. However she and VK are nothing alike. Ok will take out weight for both bc they fluctuate. 

VK is DCC looks wise, and honestly equal to Maddie dance wise. Neither finish moves, both f all out of turns, etc. VK has better, longer lines, better kicks and Maddie knows tricks. 

But seriously I think their personalities are NOTHING alike. Maddie was immature and whiny her first season but she was way in over her head. No clue what she was getting into. She got cut, regrouped, grew up and has been nothing but kind and professional. 

VK was immature but should’ve had every damn Nancy Drew clue in existence based on her whole life since birth has been immersed in training to be a DCC. She never had to leave home. She had two feet in the door of management. Heck she had two feet in the HOMES of management. She was still clueless about the whole process and worse than obnoxious. 

VK has her weight in order and maybe her dance, so we will see now, but so far, not remotely the same situation as Maddie. 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Donna S said:

Just wondering ... what negative PR has Daphne caused?

She got a lot of criticism during the calendar shoot for looking way too thin. Both here and on Facebook, many people commented on it. They even took down one of her pics and changed it out with another at one point on Facebook because of all the comments 

1 hour ago, dotdot 37 said:

can you see VK sitting next to a general or the president and holding a conversation

All she will say is “ I have no words” as she did in media training last season. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, njcate said:

Someone needs to add a "throw up" emoji option to this forum!

🤮  It's there:)

I agree that the show is entertaining, but what is entertainment to us, is another girl's sweat and tears.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dotdot 37 said:

can you see VK sitting next to a general or the president and holding a conversation

There are no words.

• LOL 5
5 hours ago, chrishunt said:

there is no way that’s Victoria is a better over all ambassador than Jalyn.

This comment made me think of something I hadn't before.  Maybe being an ambassador isn't Jalyn's strength.  Maybe like Angela she was turning down appearances.  We won't know until we see it on the show...and even if we do, that doesn't mean we'll know the whole truth.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, tteek74 said:

I always thought Kelli was in charge of their DCC “look” until they were cut or retired. So I assumed her hair was Kelli’s doing. 

Did I miss a picture of Jalyn’s new look? I thought she was still red. Deep red, but red. 

I hope Jalyn isn’t getting the Amy R. treatment from a few years ago and gets cut from TC. It’s so odd how they don’t seem to post about her at all.

• Love 1

Absolutely devastated to hear that Jalyn was cut from SG. Such a beautiful dancer and one of my favorite rookies from last year. If any vet should've been booted from SG, it should be Daphne. She's a beautiful dancer when healthy, but right now she needs to heal. I hope she gets the help she needs soon. 

I hope that perhaps there's an underlying reason for Jalyn's cut that will be addressed on the show, but who knows if that will ever happen. I feel so sorry for her and what she's going through. 

Absolutely sick of VK, TPTB, and what this team is becoming. It's no surprise less and less girls are auditioning each year. They see through the facade that is the DCC now and decide it isn't something they want to be a part of. Don't know how long it'll take TPTB to realize this, though. 

• Love 13
(edited)
7 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I don’t see her quitting over that as it would be quite unprofessional-yes it’s unfair, but she has signed a contract to be a dcc, not SG and she will honor that. Unfortunately, i don’t see her staying for a third year...

VK making showgroup at the expense of a vet will be just the thing to make the locker room toxic -- people will always be whispering and I don't care how much someone denies it, it will always be in the back of that person's head.

NOTE TO KELLIE, JUDY and Other PTB:  no respect.  absolutely none.  You cut a girl because she was five minutes late to a fitting and then didn't bring her back to TC the next year.

On the other hand you bring a girl back who has lied, been a sneak and tattle tale and has an air of entitlement that she got from both her mother and y'all and hand her the world.  I understand that it is your team and your rules and I am just an anonymous poster, but I don't think I am unique in my opinion.

NOTE TO SHELLYB:  If I were you, I would be pissed as hell.

NOTE to VK:  Keep the adderall -- you are going to need it.

Edited by MTTFan
  • Love 20

Any way we could get the new vets and other rookies who made show group?

1 minute ago, MTTFan said:

VK making showgroup at the expense of a vet will be just the thing to make the locker room toxic -- people will always be whispering and I don't care how much someone denies it, it will always be in the back of that person's head.

NOTE TO KELLIE, JUDY and Other PTB:  no respect.  absolutely none.  You cut a girl because she was five minutes late to a fitting and then didn't bring her back to TC the next year.

On the other hand you bring a girl back who has lied, been a sneak and tattle tale and has an air of entitlement that she got from both her mother and y'all.  I understand that it is your team and your rules and I am just an anonymous poster, but I don't think I am unique in my opinion.

Hypocrisy at it's finest. Disgusted with how TPTB are handling the VK situation. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, ThatSlaps said:

Absolutely devastated to hear that Jalyn was cut from SG. Such a beautiful dancer and one of my favorite rookies from last year. If any vet should've been booted from SG, it should be Daphne. She's a beautiful dancer when healthy, but right now she needs to heal. I hope she gets the help she needs soon. . 

Look I've been thinking about this and here's a probably long-winded post about the whole thing:

IF we were to just collectively ignore the background from last year, went purely off of the videos that were seen of the show group auditions, especially Daphne's not great showing, and VK actually doing a very good job IMHO, I have more of an issue with Daphne making it back than VK. Because AGAIN IGNORING THE INFORMATION WE KNOW ABOUT THE LYING/BEHAVIORAL ISSUES, judging from that day alone, one girl did well and the other did not. 

However we DO have the background from last year and IF it was ANY other human being, no matter if they out-danced Gina/Maddie/Bridget/insert other phenomenal dancers, all COMBINED, that girl would not have been allowed in TCC again. She WOULD have been told to never come back. Chelsey got unceremoniously cut for being snarky. Yes it was rude and not her best moment but still, not NEAR to the degree of anything that VK did from multiple sources. 

But hey, maybe she HAS changed. Maybe she HAS shown maturity over the  year and has worked hard and maybe everyone is being unfair to her, I dont know. I try to believe the best in people and think that people CAN ultimately change especially if your bad behavior is aired on national television. 

However, until there's an explanation I will not stop being upset about Jalyn being cut from showgroup. Because that I simply do not get. I don't get how one of their top dancers, a girl highlighted all last year all of a sudden is shoved to the back, cut from show group when there was at least one person put on show group that did a VERY bad audition...

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Stephieg84 said:

I couldn’t possibly disagree with this more. Maddie was kind, humble and respectful her first year auditioning. She didn’t lie, throw an employer under the bus, or cause any tension amongst the TCCs. There is no comparison to be made between the 2 other than they both got cut their first try

I am a huge Maddie fan, she is my favorite current DCC, and from what I have seen these two people could not be more different. Maddie by all accounts is humble, mature, kind. If you listen to her Boots are made for Talking episode she has one of the most interesting back stories in how she even got to audition {basically her mom signed her up and sent her on her way without telling her the first year, it's pretty funny}, and just has a genuinely lovely down to earth personality.  Whether you like her or not she HAS earned what she's gotten with the DCC through hard work and being dependable. 

• Love 15

I have a hard time feeling sorry for Jalyn because I have zero backstory on her as she was not memorable last year except for that horrible hair. Maybe she really fucked up her sg audition.  Perhaps she’s not a team player.   There’s a valid reason why and I 100% doubt it’s because of Vk. She didn’t make SG. boo hoo. is sg even that relevant anymore? 

• Love 5
Just now, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

I have a hard time feeling sorry for Jalyn because I have zero backstory on her as she was not memorable last year except for that horrible hair. Maybe she really fucked up her sg audition.  Perhaps she’s not a team player.   There’s a valid reason why and I 100% doubt it’s because of Vk. She didn’t make SG. boo hoo. is sg even that relevant anymore? 

To me not making show group isn’t the end of the world 

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

On the other hand you bring a girl back who has lied, been a sneak and tattle tale and has an air of entitlement that she got from both her mother and y'all and hand her the world.  I understand that it is your team and your rules and I am just an anonymous poster, but I don't think I am unique in my opinion.

NOTE to VK:  Keep the adderall -- you are going to need it.

Jordan Daigle missed the bus and was late to a game. They didn’t cut her, and she made it back two years after that year, too. Whitney wore blackface, and it was a news story that got major negative attention. They didn’t cut her, and made her a group leader. Every situation is different. I think they cut Keyra and Brittney Delassandro (girl late to uniform fittings) not just because they were late, but a host of other factors too. And they’ve “forgiven” people other than VK. 

I think her dancing was spastic and she gained a ridiculous amount of weight last summer, but it’s a new year.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

To me not making show group isn’t the end of the world 

Tell that to VK who moaned about not making it last year -- 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, TinyHands said:

Jordan Daigle missed the bus and was late to a game. They didn’t cut her, and she made it back two years after that year, too. Whitney wore blackface, and it was a news story that got major negative attention. They didn’t cut her, and made her a group leader. Every situation is different. I think they cut Keyra and Brittney Delassandro (girl late to uniform fittings) not just because they were late, but a host of other factors too. And they’ve “forgiven” people other than VK. 

I think her dancing was spastic and she gained a ridiculous amount of weight last summer, but it’s a new year.

I hear what you are saying, but it also kind of makes my point -- if you are going to cut girls (or not bring girls back) for breaking the rules, don't have shifting rules and don't shift the rules when someone breaks them so egregiously 

VK came into camp last year with a PP attitude and went out with a PP attitude.  I don't think a leopard changes its spots and especially not when stage mom is there egging her on because she is living through her daughter. 

I will bet you a milkshake that she will bitch and moan if she doesn't make calendar next year.

• Love 13
(edited)

FYI

Titled: Top Emotional Eliminations 

On the Facebook DCC making the team page, there is a new video showing previous cuts. 

Meghan F. Malena, Vivian, and Dayton. 

Edited by Jazzmom
Add title
  • Love 1

The irony of the situation is that if they hadn't shown Victoria favoritism by putting her in TC when she wasn't ready, she would not have been in a situation she couldn't handle. She was immature and not fit, certainly, but I don't believe a lot of the allegations, especially when they were either not addressed or contradicted on the show. I know no one owes me receipts, but I don't owe anyone blind faith, either. I'll say it again, if an insider is truly feeding people here gossip about TCCs, she should be fired immediately for being a toxic shit-stirrer.

• Love 2
On 6/26/2019 at 10:33 PM, Tootie said:

I'm aware of that...  I was referring to Kelli handing VK an excuse to use last year.

Iirc waiting to announce it on the next day only started that year when Angela didn’t make it.  Unless editing monkeys fooled us for every other season, they announced it that night.  I remember the girls lined up on the stage season 8 when Mackenzie made it and she jumped into Brittany Schram’s arms.  Samantha (miss her!) and Jennifer K were rookies that made SG that year. 

Yes, it’s a longer night but at least the ones who are disappointed have a night to process it and be sad without it affecting their performance.   I felt so badly for Angela being ripped apart by that bitchy choreographer.  Yes, she was a vet and a performer but she’s still human. And jumping from disappointment to dancing would be hard for most.  

• Love 6

Last year was the first time in my (admittedly failing) memory that the judging panel did not finalize the list of sixteen SG names before they left.  

Every other year, they discuss and dispute but ...I thought....eventually settle on a final list, even if they don’t announce it that night.  

I was just rewatching last years episode and thought it odd that Kelli said, thanks, we are going to take your comments to make our final decisions.   I wonder if they were trying to get Vk on last year.   

Does anyone else remember them doing it this way aside from last year?

11 hours ago, IzzyEnd said:

VK has her own dedicated damage control, prevention team. 

It's a dark night after a long practice.  VK is in her car driving towards the milkshake place, followed by her damage control team in their vehicles.  

"Beautiful Storm is heading for Sonic, over"

"Roger that.  Blue and silver alert!  Beautiful Storm is heading towards Sonic.  Cut her off, over!"

7 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

DCC is much of her identity so I don't understand why she would consider it as sacrificing her life.  She can give her notice any time and go somewhere else.

But then she would have to give up that fab wardrobe.

• LOL 19
59 minutes ago, DAthene said:

Last year was the first time in my (admittedly failing) memory that the judging panel did not finalize the list of sixteen SG names before they left.  

Every other year, they discuss and dispute but ...I thought....eventually settle on a final list, even if they don’t announce it that night.  

I was just rewatching last years episode and thought it odd that Kelli said, thanks, we are going to take your comments to make our final decisions.   I wonder if they were trying to get Vk on last year.   

Does anyone else remember them doing it this way aside from last year?

I watched a couple of eps with show group auditions and everything was done, except for the announcement which they would do the next day.  Last year, they took the comments to look over and discuss, so it is possible they were trying to find a way to get VK on SG.

6 hours ago, Txmomof2 said:

She got a lot of criticism during the calendar shoot for looking way too thin. Both here and on Facebook, many people commented on it. They even took down one of her pics and changed it out with another at one point on Facebook because of all the comments 

For those asking about Daphne and the negative publicity, TXMOMOF2 summarized above ^^^^^^

• Love 2
6 hours ago, TinyHands said:

And they’ve “forgiven” people other than VK. 

Even "toxic" Chelsea was invited to audition the following year while she was being cut.  That's not to say she'd make it back, but at least she wasn't banned.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

is sg even that relevant anymore? 

I really don't understand the point anymore.  Back in the day it looked like they put on variety-type shows.  Now, the"best of the best" get on a stage and do...wait for it...Thunderstruck!  I don't know why they don't just rotate girls to do such appearances, especially since they don't do the USO tours like they used to.  Because SG has the best ambassadors?  I thought they were all supposed to be good ambassadors.

• Love 19

In regards to SG, we know that the judges and TPTB take a lot more into consideration than just the girls performance on that one night. They look at a lot of other factors. I think there could be numerous reasons as to why Jalyn didn’t make it back and Daphne did. From Daphne being a better dancer (I don’t think we saw clips of Jalyn at tryouts and at the Christmas show they could have chose any formation of the triangle of Daphne, Jalyn and Bridget but they chose Daphne as point, and she looked good), to maybe she turned down appearances, Jalyn wasn’t the in the 16 that night, or something a trivial as they need more blondes on SG for a better “bouquet of DCC reps”.  We won’t know until an insider reveals more information or the show airs. 

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, Monique said:

In regards to SG, we know that the judges and TPTB take a lot more into consideration than just the girls performance on that one night. They look at a lot of other factors. I think there could be numerous reasons as to why Jalyn didn’t make it back and Daphne did. From Daphne being a better dancer (I don’t think we saw clips of Jalyn at tryouts and at the Christmas show they could have chose any formation of the triangle of Daphne, Jalyn and Bridget but they chose Daphne as point, and she looked good), to maybe she turned down appearances, Jalyn wasn’t the in the 16 that night, or something a trivial as they need more blondes on SG for a better “bouquet of DCC reps”.  We won’t know until an insider reveals more information or the show airs. 

I don’t disagree with any of this, but (if the insider info is true), the issue isn’t that we on the board don’t know why she was cut from show group, it’s that she doesn’t know why she was cut from show group. 

Whether certain posters care about who is on show group isn’t really relevant to the team dynamics because the girls care about it. We’ve seen time and time again that they care about making show group, they care about their position in the formation, they care about being group leaders, etc. K&J aren’t idiots, so they also have to know this too. It’s not common for people to be cut from show group as far as I know, so it seems like it would’ve been easy enough to pull her aside for 5 mins after practice and give her a reason. The fact that they apparently didn’t do this would worry me if I were her - maybe it’s a simple “other ppl we’re better that day” or maybe it’s not. That’s the problem with no transparency.

With all of this said, I hope there’s no blowback on Jalyn due to this conversation. We know that K&J dislike when girls express disappointment about not getting certain positions, etc.

• Love 19

Does anyone have the full SG list yet?  While everyone is discussing Jayln's cut and VK's addition, I'm over here wondering if either Ashlee or Briana made it to SG seeing how they are the only 2 African American vets on the team.

• Love 6