Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E21: Live Results 5

• Start Topic

• Could Tokio look any less excited to be there?
  • Last night was two hours of adrenaline? Well, I guess mine spiked a bit every time the judges started their inane comments...
  • Dunkin Save: Alex Dowis, Emanne Beasha, Ryan Niemiller. I vote Ryan. If I voted for these things. Which I don't. Initial vote numbers agree with me. Poor Emanne trying not to cry (kinda surprised she's in it). 
  • V. Unbeatable vs Chris Klafford vs Dom Chambers: I wonder how these big groups decide who goes on stage and who sits in the audience. Draw straws? A series of coin flips? Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock?
  • I want to hold Mr. Piffles!!!!!
  • Simon kissing Mr. Piffles on the head is officially my favorite moment of the season.
  • Again, 40 minutes in and only one result.
  • Lukas & Falco vs Marcin Patrzalek vs Detroit Youth Choir: aaaaaannnd we just spent that last 20 minutes of the show waiting for Terry to say who's going through. Good night! On a more serious note, I thought it'd be Marcin. Had to change my bolding. Mr. White loves everybody.
  • Luke Islam vs Voices of Service: It's 9/11 and there's a military singing group. Was there really any question? (Why is Julianne talking like they lost?)
  • I think it's been pretty well established that Piff the Magic Dragon eats just about anything...bananas, sandwiches, Chinese, whatever...
  • LollyPiffles! 😄
  • Dunkin Audience Save: Ryan Niemiller
  • Dunkin Judges' Save: blah blah blahbety blah...and it's Emanne Beasha, who is apparently a space alien sent to us for my upcoming birthday (or "a gift from another planet" as Julianne put it). Howie's never heard a ten-year-old sing opera? Did he not see Jackie Evancho in her season? 
6 minutes ago, DietCokeJunkie said:

Well, the Chicago station decided to cover a possible tornado for the whole freaking hour, and then show only the last 3 minutes of AGT. So the 5 spots went to V. Unbeatable, Detroit Youth Choir (2 youth choirs, really?), the military singers, Emanne and who? 

Ryan Niemiller

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, DietCokeJunkie said:

So the 5 spots went to V. Unbeatable, Detroit Youth Choir (2 youth choirs, really?), the military singers, Emanne and who? 

The short-arm comedian won the Dunkin Save. I just know that V.Unbeatable was the only act I was rooting for, every other act that went through wasn't on my LIKE list. I was going to vote for the Banksy guy in Dunkin Save but my Internet went down at that moment, not that it would have made any difference. So of course the judges picked Opera Girl over Banksy. Big surprise. Not.

@ams1001 actually remembers the names of these acts!

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

@ams1001 actually remembers the names of these acts!

I type as I watch. If I waited til the end my post would be much shorter. If the thread is open I'll just type in the box. If not, I type in notepad and then copy it over and add some formatting. (And I had to google Marcin's last name every time I've typed it. 😛)

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, OfficialJiNi said:

For a glorified singing competition... surprised Chris, the best frickin singer this season, was voted off. 🙄

With that said, V. Unbeatable for the win please. 

I agree. The judges judged Chris on his singing and song selections. However, the judges have been vague when it comes to Kodi Lee. They never judge his singing or song selection. Why not? Could it be they just don't want to be the ones to critique a disabled person? I guess they think America will understand that letting Lee win this whole thing is the right thing to do. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, rr2911 said:

However, the judges have been vague when it comes to Kodi Lee. They never judge his singing or song selection.

Except for Simon to tell the world Paul Simon never allows his songs to be covered, but he agreed to Kodi doing so in a one-half-hour speed-record reply.

I wish Simon would have stopped Kodi just once, made him start over, made him change his song, told him that wasn't his best performance ... you know, stuff he said to every other singer.

12 minutes ago, OfficialJiNi said:

For a glorified singing competition... surprised Chris, the best frickin singer this season, was voted off.

The bright side: Chris can now have a career without being tethered to some Simon/AGT contract for life.

I'm for V.Unbeatable for the win too. Which means they are jinxed now.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Except for Simon to tell the world Paul Simon never allows his songs to be covered

I meant to mention this before...How about Clay Aiken on AI? He killed on Bridge Over Troubled Waters and did Simon ever say there was a problem doing the song? Just wondering!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

No surprises, except Opera Girl being in the Dunkin' Save group.  But to set things the way the producers want, the judges vote her back in.  I'm glad Ryan won out of those three and got put through.  Me judging solely on what DS I'd want to see a set from again, I went with Ryan.

What happened to the other judges' watches Piff collected for the show?  Was Mr. Piffles supposed to go up on stage or not?

I think the AGT audience was more excited to see Stewart Copeland than Tokio Myers; I know I was.

The other surprise was Voices of Service going through.  I thought Luke Islam was a favorite to get sent through to the finals.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Two frickin choirs?? Go to a local HS, church for choirs. 3 if you include VOS. The two choirs belong in already existing CHOIR competitions. Sorry, I wouldn't pay to see them for 1.5-2 hours. 

Marchin, Chris, Luke should've made it. Can't have the best singers to compete against Kodi, whom I adore btw. 

I'm beyond angry... and I'm reminded why I quit watching AGT for years due to people voting for *ss-clowns over actually talented people. (Unless the show is rigged and votes don't matter)

Edited by OfficialJiNi
Excessive cursing :P
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, OfficialJiNi said:

Two frickin choirs?? Go to a local HS, church for choirs. 3 if you include VOS. The two choirs belong in already existing CHOIR competitions. Sorry, I wouldn't pay to see them for 1.5-2 hours. 

Marchin, Chris, Luke should've made it. Can't have the best singers to compete against Kodi, whom I adore btw. 

I'm beyond angry... and I'm reminded why I quit watching AGT for years due to people voting for *ss-clowns over actually talented people. (Unless the show is rigged and votes don't matter)

I want to like this post about a thousand times.  If we have to have singers I would much rather hear Chris or Luke (even though Broadway show tunes are not my first choice) instead of either choir.  I think you're right - they don't want anyone to actually compete with Kodi.

• Love 4

Much like the typical westernized diet, tonight's show was hardly fruitful, but at least the results weren't totally predictable. Never underestimate the power of pity. (hello, this post is being typed by his handler, please be friendly)

Tokio Myers & Stewart Copeland - Whichever of the two men were singing the female vocals of the song gave me confidence that strutting around in my evening gown and pearls will be well received, even though I knew it was a backing track. Kind of an odd pairing of musicians you wouldn't expect, so I thought it came across as a bit pointless, although still decent. Tokio's real name is Torville Jones, a fact that the several Torvilles I know will probably find interesting.

Dunkin Save - Ryan Niemiller vs. Alex Dowis vs. Emanne Beasha:
Smart move for Terry to announce these results all the way near the judges table in case Alex tried to kick him in the balls out of protest. Thankfully, but unsurprisingly, Ryan makes it through.

V. Unbeatable vs. Chris Klafford vs. Dom Chambers:
I threw my 24 hour sobriety chip in the garbage for a celebratory toast upon seeing Dom get kicked to the curb tonight, though I expected him to just "barley" make it through despite the lackluster trick. Both him and Chris were acts I thought would somehow get saved, partially because they seemed to have large fanbases and also because what kind of finale would it be without hating 80% of the contestants? (which seems to happen no matter what) Poor Chris, the Swedish traitor has to return to his secret mistress of a homeland and pray that they're going to welcome him back after he failed to claim greener pastures.

AGT photo booth:
An obvious time sink, but also silly for anybody to find this intrusive since everybody's smartphone is acting as a livestreaming GPS and conversation recorder. Even my fleet of pill-dispensing nurses agree with me on that one. I hate that stupid "ooo the judges" dialogue that pollutes this show, it's so freaking embarrassing. Gabrielle and Julianne are cringe-inducing as well in pretty much everything they do, it's almost like I'm starting to think their appearance directly correlates to how much of their crap I'd put up with. (in a few years time, I'll be oddly confused as to why there are only two judges) Some of the people in the photo booth looked so clueless, not just out of confusion at the instructions they were being given, but barely lucid in general. A true to life AGT themed photo booth, perhaps.

Piff The Magic Dragon:
Simon seems to have played a role in the perception that simply talking in a British accent is hilarious, since Piff's shtick for years is dry humor (contrary to Dom Chambers, apparently) mixed with acting like a douche. There's a slice of magic in the routine after getting through the constant slog of "cute doggo!!" and 5 minutes of setting up the trick, by the time it's over I can't be bothered to care, unless all the tap water I drink has neutered my attention span. Terry forced to portray a negative stereotype by being handcuffed for NO REASON without a lawyer present made me destroy the television in outrage, so the rest of the act I could make out through the neighbor's window shades was just mildly impressive due to everything else about it taking way too long.

Lukas & Falco vs. Marcin Patrzalek vs. Detroit Youth Choir:
Unless NBC just wants to coordinate one giant return flight from Los Angeles next week, I don't see any other purpose for both choirs being in the finals. There's not much of a reason to be invested in either of them because you can't form an individual connection with so many people, so why not condense both of them into one giant backing vocal for Benicio's performance?

Luke Islam vs. Voices of Service:
Unless most of this show's viewership is based in Micronesia and it's already the 12th, today being September 11th has to be the main reason VoS were put through. If not for that fact, this would be a tough call. Americans would be hard pressed on who to support, between a military act and a 12 year old kid who weighs nearly as much as they do. I remain unmoved by VoS' repetitive narrative, as the only time I get emotional over any voices of service are when the GrubHub drivers are finally buzzed through my intercom. When Luke was hugging them, he was so enthusiastic you'd think he was trying to join the group via osmosis. Not so inclusive now, are they?

Alex Dowis vs. Emanne Beasha:
I'm surprised Terry held his ground by remaining close to the stage while Alex could barely contain his seething at losing to a little girl. Julianne said Emanne is "a gift from another planet" - jeez, is any contestant this year a US citizen? She also said Emanne captivates the room like a 60 year old, which makes me want to go on a quantum physics rant and claim that particles of matter only act when they're observed, aka a drawn out way of saying ain't nobody watching that.

Edited by Neet
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Showing that artificial intelligence in technology is getting more advanced, my PVR deleted my recording of AGT, possibly by detecting the sour cloud of dread in the air that I had emitted knowing I'd have to watch it. Not to worry, as some random guy on YouTube decided to livestream a blurry version with the show taking up 20% of the total screen for no monetary gain.

As if living it once isn't enough, the first 10 minutes of the show are comprised of showing clips from yesterday. Nothing worth commenting on other than Mr. White and a girl in the choir breaking down in tears over nothing - can someone fix this leaky faucet already?

Actually my memory is fuzzy and don't remember if Tokio Myers opened the show or not, but it doesn't really matter. I just assumed Tokio Myers would be some fat Japanese woman screeching over an ancient harp, but since there were vocals with nobody singing, I had no idea if it was a band or just one guy, though I am only making note for exactly who it is I will make sure to never look up again.

Alex Dowis, Emmane Beasha and Ryan Niemiller are in danger of being "eliminated", though the same can't be said for the average Dunkin Donuts addict, as their bowel movements must be hard and extremely irregular. The judges once again forget this is a competition where people must lose, as they are surprised as to who is in the Dunkin Save no matter what.

Back from commercial, there is quick graphic shown with voting percentages, also highlighting the fact that Emmane has undergone a 2+ foot growth spurt in the past 3 minutes, as she is the same size as the 2 grown men, unless the two men are also around 4 feet tall sorry, I forgot this isn't Filipeno Idol. It is announced that Dunkin Donuts has had a cup design contest going on, with the old tagline of "America Runs on Dunkin" notably absent, probably because it offended the 80% of the population who consider being able to move oneself at a pace exceeding 2 miles an hour as unrealistic.

V. Unbeatable, Chris Klafford and Dom Chambers - It's a shame the camera didn't pick up Chris spontaneously backflipping onto his own neck to try and sell himself as being as exciting as the dance group, but alas it failed. Dom can make all of that mega beer disappear for real this time, as I don't know where he'll be able to make a living now. Not that anyone can live on the $600,000 after taxes paid out as $25,000 a year in Los Angeles other than perhaps on Army Tent Avenue or Feces Boulevard among the company of a few hundred drug addicted bums.

The Photo Booth segment was so embarrassing, as once again it had to be all about "our friends, the judges". There was one nerdy guy with glasses who somehow acquired a hot girlfriend, which gives me hope that a woman will find my nocturnal bed-wetting endearing, perhaps as a test run for parenthood or can gain college credit by working with those with special needs. At the end, I think it was Terry who popped his head in the booth unannounced, no doubt to implant the seed of privacy in the home being a funny and antiquated concept - anyways, one of the old women who was in there whipped out her phone within 5 seconds to capture the moment, since apparently the memory isn't enough and needs to get Facebook likes. Vapid windbag 😡

Up next is "Piff", which sounds like an onomatopoeia for the sound just before a log of shit comes out. Since I am under the baseless assumption that my word is absolute law, me not liking him means no one else should 😤 The random guy in the audience managing to not gobble an entire cake in the 5 minute window he was entrusted with it must take military discipline, so I was impressed with that.

Lukas & Falco, Marcin Patrzalek and Detroit Youth Choir - I am guessing the mayor of Detroit personally negotiated with NBC to put the choir through, so there were 50 less people competing in the city-wide brawl for the one new job created this month. I don't know why they are filled with so much city pride, since anyone from there who appears on these shows usually precedes their performance with a teary vignette with a very toned down version of "this place is a frickin dump!". I thought Lukas and Falco walking backstage after getting eliminated was depressing, not that I even liked their act that much, I can just feel pity for a few people getting eliminated, though the contestants being boob-ed is usually the deciding factor.

Luke Islam and Voices of Service - I don't believe the voters have a hard time deciding between American soldiers and "Islam", especially on today's date. Not that I care about either act, so I spent this time cramming armfuls of processed garbage into my mouth and clutching my heart, knowing that the free Canadian health care system will be there for me in case anything comes of such an unhealthy diet (albeit after 6 months on the waitlist, when it's too late).

A second annoying segment of Piff made getting kicked in the balls look like a trip to Fiji in comparison to sitting through this. Against all logic, I say "bring on the opera!" if it meant Piff going away.

Ryan Neimiller gets the Dunkin Save, which is impressive, since he doesn't have the normal hands to fling donuts into his mouth, so he has to go the extra mile to get that fat (while paradoxically being completely sedentary). Emmane goes through, likely due to the vast majority of viewers thinking a 10 year old girl has a way bigger cute factor than a sketchy middle aged guy in a hoodie and sunglasses having the guts to tag a wall with thousands of people watching. Julianne must have misspoke, as she said Emmane captures the room like a 60 year old woman - to which I can only imagine the influence said old woman could have is if she took the stage without makeup, causing the audience to form a giant moshpit trying to force their way to the bathroom to vomit.

I got nothing else to say other than the finals looks pretty grim. I'm off to go work my second night job to help support a kid I know isn't mine. Goodnight.

Edited by InternetToughGuy
  • LOL 3
7 hours ago, Neet said:

after getting through the constant slog of "cute doggo!!"

Well, I do like Piff but really, the cute doggo is what I'm here for.

2 hours ago, Keekski said:

Dom didn’t make it?!? Ugly cry! I love him so much! Are there no magicians moving on? 

Nope. Finals list (from Wikipedia):

Benicio Bryant (Singer)
Detroit Youth Choir (Choir)
Emanne Beasha (Opera Singer)
Kodi Lee (Singer and Pianist)
Light Balance Kids (Light-Up Dance Group)
Ndlovu Youth Choir (Choir)
Ryan Niemiller (Stand-up Comedian)
Tyler Butler-Figueroa (Violinist)    
V.Unbeatable (Acrobatic Dance Group)
Voices of Service (Vocal Group)

Six of ten are singers (including two choirs and one "vocal group"). (Which raises the question: how many members do you need to qualify as a choir?)

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

The winners of the last season of World of Dance are an Indian dance crew with tricks and flips that are pretty much the same as V.Unbeatable.

I wonder if they are the same, just changed the name. I had forgotten The Kings won WOD. Good catch on that.

Wow. Looking at @ams1001's list, there are only three acts out of 10 that I like in the finale. Not that anyone on this show is asking me.

Wait, they DID ask me. I voted, too. Oh well.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 4

Out of that list, I'm rooting for V. Unbeatable. I don't want another singer to win. It'd be something different, at least, to have a big group instead of an individual (has any group act ever won?). If they make it to the final two, will they let them cram the entire group onto the stage?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Keekski said:

Dom didn’t make it?!? Ugly cry! I love him so much! Are there no magicians moving on? 

I wasn't terribly impressed by him or the other magician this year. Shin Lim was just way too good last year then in the world competition. These poor guys couldn't compare.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, OfficialJiNi said:

I never watch the result shows, they drag on forever, so getting the news here. Can not believe the Detroit Choir got voted through. Yeah, choirs are HUGE in Las Vegas. And I'm no choir expert, but even compared to others I've seen on this show, they're vocally weak.

I believe that all three acts you mentioned are in the finals for reasons that have little or nothing to do with their talent. This year it's apparently all about being socially uplifting. AGT isn't a talent contest anymore, it's trying to save America.

Seven out of 10 musical acts in the finals. No magicians, which has been one of staples of this show. Simon was worried we've had two, and now we have zero. (Simon clearly sandbagged Eric Chen). And no variety acts. (I don't consider the "dance" groups variety acts.) Simon always says it's the variety acts that make this show special, because you can't see them anywhere else. At the same time, he's always sabotaging the variety acts by telling the audience they didn't "step it up," while singers can just sing another song, week after week after week. (And it's the exact same kind of song. They're not even pushed to show they can sing other genres).

I don't think the show is "rigged" in terms of votes not being counted, but the results are very easily manipulated by Simon and the producers. Maybe there were no truly great variety acts this year, but we had lots of mediocre singers that got pushed through to the finals. I may not even watch next week. Musical act after musical act after musical act. The Light Balance Kids and V Unbeatable have blaring music too. Other than Ryan the comedian, nothing to give the show any variety or pacing.

I guess this is Simon's dream top 10. 7 musical acts, 2 dance acts, one comedian. But for me, it's not why I watch AGT. 

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Well, I do like Piff but really, the cute doggo is what I'm here for.

(Yes, I'm quoting myself.) That said, I kinda forgot he was supposed to be doing a magic trick by the time he got back to the cake..

• Love 1

We were disappointed to see Ryan and Emmane get through.  I thought the comic was not that good on Tuesday - it was his weakest performance of all - and I seriously HATED Emmane's performance on Tuesday.  As far as I was concerned, she totally ruined that song.  It was absolutely god-awful.  And do these judges forget that there's a damn child opera singer practically every single frickin' season?  And the first one on won her season?  I am over child opera singers.  Yes, it sounds lovely, but give her a few years to mature before you crown her the greatest thing since sliced bread.  Alex, on the other hand, was amazing every single time.  What he does is far more unusual and would have made for a more varied finale.  As it is, we are - once again - drowning in singers and singing groups.  

Also, can someone please explain why they bother to call it "America's Got Talent" when it seems like 80% of the acts are from foreign countries?  Can we just start calling it "Some People Have Talent" and be done with the erroneous idea that we're seeing American talent?  

Sorry to sound so grumpy, but we thought last week's semi-final was great, but were pretty disappointed in the way the Dunkin Save went this time.  And I am so over the judges gushing over child opera singers.  You'd think they'd never heard one before.  Sheesh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Except for Simon to tell the world Paul Simon never allows his songs to be covered, but he agreed to Kodi doing so in a one-half-hour speed-record reply.

I wish Simon would have stopped Kodi just once, made him start over, made him change his song, told him that wasn't his best performance ... you know, stuff he said to every other singer.

The bright side: Chris can now have a career without being tethered to some Simon/AGT contract for life.

I'm for V.Unbeatable for the win too. Which means they are jinxed now.

I seem to remember Aretha Franklin coming out with "Bridge Over Troubled Water" back in 1971.....I suppose Paul gave it approval..... She's a forever legend.... then and now.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, bluepiano said:

I believe that all three acts you mentioned are in the finals for reasons that have little or nothing to do with their talent. This year it's apparently all about being socially uplifting. AGT isn't a talent contest anymore, it's trying to save America.

A valid point well made. With all the emphasis these days on anti-bullying and being PC and Being Open Minded and Loving, how many of the finalists don't have a sob back story. Two, maybe three tops? It's unfortunate that AGT giving a kid who used to be/is bullied a million bucks won't stop all the other kids in America from getting beat up in the play yard.

Gosh, I'm cranky today.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I'm generally disappointed by the final and feel I could develop a better final out of acts that are not in the final.  We do not need two youth choirs, I even question why Kodi is going to win.....I believe it's the story over the talent and it's the human in us as for the reasons you may be voting for him.... in order for Kodi to have a long lasting career..... his actual singing talent will have to win out over his story.

Emanne is still a cartoon to me.....she's powerful.....but the world isn't ready for her...... Let her get to 16 or so and maybe she'll grow into her voice.   Plus I don't really like opera.

If Chris Klafford wants a career.... the singing ability is there.... he writes originals which have been good..... lose the duck dynasty beard man..... It makes him look 20 years older than if he was clean shaven.... he needs a female following ala Micheal Bolton.   Because women really control pop culture..... how do you think the Beatles got so big.... the music at first?..... not as much as the elevation they recieved from rabid females screaming for them.

Don't worry Dom fans..... if Piff could have a show.... why couldn't he?   I'll go.  Some tricks he does may be quite simple....it would be silly to believe that beer didn't drain into the floor.... but because he's Mr. Personality..... he sells it.

I'm just not into the military hype over Voices of Service..... they feel like a will you donate sixty nine cents a day to our cause kind of act that will do tours to entertain troops and maybe they can bring Ryan with them.  Not a Vegas act..... not a recording act.

I'm glad I wasn't one of the guys playing behind Marcin because Gabby wrote them off as "just those musicians"..... gee.....just the kind of recognition we want when appearing on national TV....He went for bigger.... but with nothing to lose now..... shoulda gone electric and deliver something Hendrix like to totally smash it.  I know he can.

Two choirs don't excite me,. inspire me,. or anything.   But..... if you put Ndlovu at one end,. Detroit Youth on the other... and have V Unbeatable do their thing in the middle..... you'd have a mess of people. Hands clapping,. people flipping..... general kaos really....... would make for an act that could appear on a season 15 results show.

But I'll watch the final.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sounder said:

Don't worry Dom fans..... if Piff could have a show.... why couldn't he? 

That reminds me .. I wonder if TPTB knew Piff was going to do a 60-second commercial for his Vegas show before doing his trick with Terry's watch. And speaking of watches, who wears a watch these days? Just try and find one.

I like the idea of a finale made of acts sent home. That might be some good teevee.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

A valid point well made. With all the emphasis these days on anti-bullying and being PC and Being Open Minded and Loving, how many of the finalists don't have a sob back story. Two, maybe three tops? It's unfortunate that AGT giving a kid who used to be/is bullied a million bucks won't stop all the other kids in America from getting beat up in the play yard.

You can tell the socially uplifting acts by the way the judges talk about them. Every week Julianne babbles on about how the Ndlovu Youth Choir is saving the world, or showing us the world, or something equally nonsensical.  (For the record, I find them generally entertaining and am okay with them being in the final. A feeling I don't have about the Detroit Choir or VOS, who I think have had only one good performance).

As a pianist/singer myself, I really admire Kodi Lee's talent, and wish that for once the judges would actually talk about him as a musician instead of gushing about how inspirational he is.

Dom unfortunately delivered his weakest performance in the semis, but I still think he deserved to go through based on his "body of work." But I think his real problem is that he's a nice looking, seemingly happy and well adjusted guy. Had he shared on Tuesday night that he used to be 300 lbs., depressed and isolated, and once attempted suicide before he discovered magic which turned his life around, BOOM, instant finalist.

(Actually, given the current PC environment, I'm wondering if he sabotaged himself by doing yet another routine about beer, and in a way that could be seen as making a joke about overdrinking. It could've rubbed enough voters the wrong way to cost him even a chance at the Dunkin Save. Really surprised that he finished that low in the voting).

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 4

He's an Australian magician, of course his routine revolves around beer. That's what they do. 

Probably will come down to Unbeatable and Kodi, with Kodi winning. Monday will be an interesting night, ANW finale vs SYTYCD finale vs DWTS premiere. My DVR will be recording two of those while I'm on vacation. I don't want to watch any of them live without being able to fast forward :(. 

Edited by Vermicious Knid
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Sounder said:

But..... if you put Ndlovu at one end,. Detroit Youth on the other... and have V Unbeatable do their thing in the middle..... you'd have a mess of people. Hands clapping,. people flipping..... general kaos really....... would make for an act that could appear on a season 15 results show.

I keep seeing the choirs with V Unbeatable jumping over them, around them, flinging random members of either choir (they can pick choir members who are only lip synching)....complete chaos.  If you could throw in the dog act it would be perfect.  Now THAT I'd watch.  

• LOL 5
4 hours ago, LadyMustang65 said:

Also, can someone please explain why they bother to call it "America's Got Talent" when it seems like 80% of the acts are from foreign countries?  Can we just start calling it "Some People Have Talent" and be done with the erroneous idea that we're seeing American talent?  

"Got Talent" is the main title of the show. Since it's in the United States of America, it's called AMERICA'S GOT TALENT. It's not implying that the contestants are only from America. If the show is in China, then it would be called....you guessed it, China's Got Talent.

• Love 1

My thoughts on who was put through and who was sent home is a big fat wet raspberry!

I had just 1 act make it though, V.Unbeatable but I couldn't understand what the guy yelled into the mike he took from Terry.

I really believe Simon picked all the acts going through except for the Dunkin save.

That Tokio guy was playing instruments to a song that already had instruments in the track, why? Who was the drummer, is he from a famous band?

Too many singers in the final.

I think the top 3 will be Cody, V.Unbeatable, and a Choir.

Simon will have Cody win.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, rr2911 said:

"Got Talent" is the main title of the show. Since it's in the United States of America, it's called AMERICA'S GOT TALENT. It's not implying that the contestants are only from America. If the show is in China, then it would be called....you guessed it, China's Got Talent.

Well fiddlesticks, you're taking away half of the snark factor here.  How many Americans are there on China's Got Talent?  Joking aside, I think us Americans don't care where you're from if you're in the USA, it's just all this flying in (or boating in) from other countries to audition here, only to go back home again.  Are all the kids from Africa and India making their home here now?

7 minutes ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

My thoughts on who was put through and who was sent home is a big fat wet raspberry!

I had just 1 act make it though, V.Unbeatable but I couldn't understand what the guy yelled into the mike he took from Terry.

I really believe Simon picked all the acts going through except for the Dunkin save.

That Tokio guy was playing instruments to a song that already had instruments in the track, why? Who was the drummer, is he from a famous band?

Too many singers in the final.

I think the top 3 will be Cody, V.Unbeatable, and a Choir.

Simon will have Cody win.

Stewart Copeland was the only American member of a band called The Police.  Very famous rock group from England, lead singer is the famous Sting.

Edited by CrystalBlue
Added YouTube video
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

Stewart Copeland was the only American member of a band called The Police.  Very famous rock group from England, lead singer is the famous Sting.

Thank you CrystalBlue. I know who The Police are but I'm not a fan that's probably why I didn't recognize him.  

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

Thank you CrystalBlue. I know who The Police are but I'm not a fan that's probably why I didn't recognize him.  

You're welcome.  I love Stewart's drumming.  I still remember the first time I heard their first hit in the US, "Roxanne," the song I posted here.  I love the way he drums the ending of that song.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

Don't feel bad; I recognized the name but couldn't think of from where (I like The Police well enough but I wouldn't say I'm a fan, per se).

• Love 1
21 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Finals list (from Wikipedia):

Benicio Bryant (Singer)
Detroit Youth Choir (Choir)
Emanne Beasha (Opera Singer)
Kodi Lee (Singer and Pianist)
Light Balance Kids (Light-Up Dance Group)
Ndlovu Youth Choir (Choir)
Ryan Niemiller (Stand-up Comedian)
Tyler Butler-Figueroa (Violinist)    
V.Unbeatable (Acrobatic Dance Group)
Voices of Service (Vocal Group)

Now that we have the 10 finalists, how many more weeks is this going to go on before finally announcing the winner?

Most of the acts I liked were eliminated (Robert Finley, Chris Klafford ... ). Of the acts that made it to the Dolby Theater, who would be your top 10 finalists?

22 hours ago, LadyMustang65 said:

Also, can someone please explain why they bother to call it "America's Got Talent" when it seems like 80% of the acts are from foreign countries? 

I just checked the winners from each season so far.  The only non-American was Paul Zerdin, a British ventriloquist from Season 10 unless you count Shin Lim, who is listed as Canadian-American.  Most, if not all, foreign acts have been contestants/winners on the Got Talent franchises in their native countries, like Chris K. from Sweden.  They are used as time fillers.  Most likely, an American act will win again, but who knows????

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

It's ok people.... you need to stop complaining..... Remember..... this is America.....Yes, most of the other nations that air a Got Talent show feature acts from their homeland.... they come to AGT for greater opportunities because that's what we are... we are international.

12 hours ago, DoYouLikeMutton said:

Now that we have the 10 finalists, how many more weeks is this going to go on before finally announcing the winner?

The finals are Tuesday and Wednesday next week. Of course Wednesday will be two hours of dragged-out eliminations and special acts and whatnot. 

• Useful 1

It’s interesting that Simon needs to repeat this is the greatest Final ever because this is the weakest group of “talent” ever. Most acts have a weak Social sob story or another obvious fix that apparently Simon has predetermined. As some of those “losers”  walked away there was a clear pattern and the fix was in. There isn’t a chance on this planet that Detroit choir earned enough votes from “America” to finish in the top 3.

Not sure the finals are worth watching. Maybe Simon could just announce who he has chosen ahead of time.

• Love 3

What annoys me the most is that, except for Ryan Niemiller and Voices of Services, all of the finalists are children or young adults.  No one older than 30 anyway.

Simon is always touting how different this show is because there aren't age limits (esp. in terms of older contestants) yet we basically end up with Kids Got Talent. 

• Love 3

Yeah, this is definitely shaping up to be one of the weakest finales that I can remember.

I'd be perfectly happy with V.Unbeatable or Ryan winning. I'm generally anti-singer but if one has to win, I'm pulling for Benicio.

Marcin was my boy for most of the season--I knew he was toast once he needed a save in the quarter finals, but he's still crazy talented and I wish him the absolute best wherever he ends up next.

I too noticed how young this finale is shaping up to be. Both weeks of semis when they were sending finalists over to the side of the stage, I was struck by how many of them were literal children.

This is just a weird season overall.

• Love 1