Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E21: Live Results 5

• Start Topic

I am a bit curious to see what special guests they will trot out to perform with the finalists. Big Sean or Eminem for DYC? Paul Simon for Kodi, which would actually be pretty cool. That comedienne who was on Facts of Life with cerebral palsy, the first prominently disabled person in comedy? I had to look up the name, Geri Jewell. She also appeared on Deadwood.

On 9/13/2019 at 11:03 AM, Babalooie said:

I just checked the winners from each season so far.  The only non-American was Paul Zerdin, a British ventriloquist from Season 10 unless you count Shin Lim, who is listed as Canadian-American.  Most, if not all, foreign acts have been contestants/winners on the Got Talent franchises in their native countries, like Chris K. from Sweden.  They are used as time fillers.  Most likely, an American act will win again, but who knows????

There are actually a number of performers who travel the world doing the "Got Talent" circuit. Even though they're not likely to win it gives them TV exposure and enables them to get booked in other countries. Though I believe that The Regurgitator, who was British, won or was runner-up on Romania's Got Talent. I guess that competing in a smaller country which does haven't as many entrants probably increases your chances.

• Love 1
On 9/12/2019 at 7:28 PM, rr2911 said:

"Got Talent" is the main title of the show. Since it's in the United States of America, it's called AMERICA'S GOT TALENT. It's not implying that the contestants are only from America. If the show is in China, then it would be called....you guessed it, China's Got Talent.

Except to me if they don't live here,  then it's not America that has the talent.  I don't care when they're living here,  but if they're just visiting for the purpose of competing,  what's the point?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LadyMustang65 said:

Except to me if they don't live here,  then it's not America that has the talent.  I don't care when they're living here,  but if they're just visiting for the purpose of competing,  what's the point?

Um..like I wrote, Got Talent is the name of the competition company. It so happens the show is in US, but it's open to the world. Ok, I don't know if your a sports person, but have you ever heard of the British Open? It's a pro golf tournament. It's open to ALL pro golfers, not just the British. Or the U.S. Open on golf and tennis. All athletes all over the world compete in these tournaments. Whether you agree with the format, I hope you understand the name. 🙂