Type keyword(s) to search

S28: Sean Spicer: Can the Politico Perfect the Pasodoble?

• Start Topic

Sean Spicer's political career began long before the former White House press secretary made his mark as one of the most recognized staffers in the Trump administration. Spicer built a decades-long career in Republican politics, witnessing and shaping the inner workings of Washington, D.C., from every vantage point: House of Representatives communicator, heading up incumbent retention at the National Republican Senatorial Committee, assistant U.S. trade representative in George W. Bush's White House, chief strategist and director of communications at the Republican National Committee, top advisor to presidential campaigns and, of course, White House press secretary. Spicer made his way up through the ranks and has experience at every level in Washington. Few are as well-equipped as Spicer to pull back the curtain and dissect what's really happening in the nation's capital. Since leaving the White House, Spicer has become the founder and president of RigWil LLC, a strategic consulting firm that provides insights to C-suite corporate and association executives.

Dancing with Lindsay Arnold.

Sean is already whining.  In a now deleted tweet response to Mike Huckabee who posted this 

Wanna create an emotional meltdown in Hollyweird? Vote for@seanspicer to win "Dancing with the Stars" tonight and every night he's on.@seanspicer is a good guy and a brave sport to go on DWTS. Let's show him some love! https://dwtsvote.abc.go.com

Sean replied 

Thank You Mike Huckabee.  Clearly the judges aren't going to be with me.  Lets send a message to #Hollywood that those of us who stand with Christ won't be discounted.  

https://ew.com/tv/2019/09/17/sean-spicer-tweet-dwts-judges-christ/

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

We are adjusting the site politics policy for this season to allow limited conversation about Trump tweeting for Sean Spicer on this show.  However, personal politics is still not allowed, nor is any other political discussion.

• Love 2

I was hoping with a score of 18 and 24, it would be enough to cancel votes.  People need better things to do if they're just voting to stick it to the liberals without even watching the show.  I would say the same thing if it was the other way around.  I want to enjoy good dancing not stomping.

• Love 9

My theory as to why he's been getting scores above his ability:  he's getting so many votes that scoring him 5s wouldn't make a difference, but would rile up her voting base even more.  I hope they are lulling the base into complacency...

• Love 4

What bugs me the most about him is that he seems to have no consciousness of what he has done wrong.  He just comes on all smiling and acts like he thinks he is a great guy and everyone should love him.  Nothing to see here, folks!

Edited by treeofdreams
  • Love 13

OMG, that ending :D. And this line: "Not only was he bad at lying to the press, it turns out his hips also can't lie for shit." LMAO. 

Ugh, Spicer went to Breitbart to whine. That explains so much. Good God, Sean, spare us all the persecution complex. Those Fox News clips were pretty cringey, too. 

I'd be down for watching Noah and Spicer duke it out. I need to go look up those clips of Trevor now!

Great segment. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, crowceilidh said:

Great article.  I'm wondering about this part though:

In response to last year’s controversy, the show tinkered with its rules to give more weight to the judges’ scores over the audience’s votes—but this hasn’t been enough to overcome the even larger and more energized group of political obsessives who are backing Spicer.

I didn't think that the judges scores have more weight this year.  They just have a chance to pick from the bottom 2.  Unless, the writer means because there are less voters since those of us in the West can't vote during/after the show.

• Love 2
On 11/8/2019 at 12:03 PM, realdancemom said:

Great article.  I'm wondering about this part though:

In response to last year’s controversy, the show tinkered with its rules to give more weight to the judges’ scores over the audience’s votes—but this hasn’t been enough to overcome the even larger and more energized group of political obsessives who are backing Spicer.

I didn't think that the judges scores have more weight this year.  They just have a chance to pick from the bottom 2.  Unless, the writer means because there are less voters since those of us in the West can't vote during/after the show.

And therein lies the problem.  Sean has been cited as stating the west coast doesn't have to watch the show, just vote between 8pm and 10pm Eastern time.  And he specifically states that for Pacific time zone, that would be between 5pm and 7pm - before the show is aired, and that those on the west coast shouldn't wait until the show airs.  Just vote, sight unseen.

• Love 4
On 11/9/2019 at 1:30 PM, ClareWalks said:

Hey, I'm not forcing you to imagine details, here. I'm just saying he cannot move. Meanwhile I can tell why Beek's wife is constantly pregnant.

The thought of Sean and Sex just makes me want to be a virgin all over again and never ever have nor think of sex again, gross on all levels, LOL.

• LOL 7
11 hours ago, vdw84 said:

The thought of Sean and Sex just makes me want to be a virgin all over again and never ever have nor think of sex again, gross on all levels, LOL.

The new way to teach sex ed to teens.   The pregnancy rates would plummet! 

• LOL 8

Just because Spicer's making the Finals & even winning doesn't mean that it is. I say fight fire with fire.

Vote for anyone who isn't Spicer & tell your friends & relatives to do the same, whether they watch the show or not. The irony of Spicer getting kicked off on Impeachment week would be delicious, to say the least.

• Love 9
37 minutes ago, DollEyes said:

Just because Spicer's making the Finals & even winning doesn't mean that it is. I say fight fire with fire.

Vote for anyone who isn't Spicer & tell your friends & relatives to do the same, whether they watch the show or not. The irony of Spicer getting kicked off on Impeachment week would be delicious, to say the least.

And I will not be surprised if he does end up making the finals either.

On 11/9/2019 at 2:25 PM, ClareWalks said:

He dances like he's probably extremely bad at sex.

That's pretty much how I described it to my husband:  "It's a miracle that guy could keep a rhythm long enough to impregnate his wife."

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

My husband and I DVR everything so we can watch without commercials, which means we FF through SS.

Last night, while talking about the show, I said “I’ll just zoom through Sean’s package”... both of us immediately cringed. He teased me for the rest of the night about Sean’s package... next time I will remember the word “video”. 

🤢🤢

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Thank Heaven Spicer's gone. He's one of the worst contestants the show has ever had, regardless of politics. So what if he "tried hard?" So did Sailor, Karamo & Kate, but they improved every week; Spicer, OTOH, either stood around or stomped around while his partners did all the work.

Those who voted for Spicer for the wrong reasons not only didn't do him, the show nor the other/better contestants any favors, some of them don't even watch anyway, which makes Spicer's elimination even better. Best of all, it spares us another Bobby Bones-esque debacle. Tom knew that having Spicer on the show would be a disaster & he was absolutely right. Maybe Tom should become an Executive Producer. Couldn't be any worse than who they've got now, IMO.

Good riddance, Spicer. Better late than never.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 8
On 11/17/2019 at 12:30 AM, DollEyes said:

Thank Heaven Spicer's gone. He's one of the worst contestants the show has ever had, regardless of politics. So what if he "tried hard?" So did Sailor, Karamo & Kate, but they improved every week; Spicer, OTOH, either stood around or stomped around while his partners did all the work.

I'm not even sure Spicer tried that hard. Maybe he did at first, but later on it looked like he just treated the show like the joke he was.

• Love 7
On 11/18/2019 at 5:37 PM, boyznkatz said:

I'm not even sure Spicer tried that hard. Maybe he did at first, but later on it looked like he just treated the show like the joke he was.

Truth. If THAT was Spicer "trying hard" and that was the best he could do...I mean, wow.

• Love 7