Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E05: Surprise!

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

When Zoey turned the corner and saw that fat rooster. And then their conversation. 🤣😂

Jen is an amazing human being. 

I loved it when Zoey said that turquoise was Jen's favorite color.  It was a nice episode.

• Love 8

This was a really cute episode.

I know the Sim gig is probably better for Jen's family life and easier on her body, but damn, she's really good at dealing with people. I liked seeing her as a clinician again, even if it was only briefly. 

Judy looked freaking fantastic during her TH's. I need the number of whatever plastic surgeon or dermatologist she's going to.

Zoey Klein, Chicken Whisperer, was hilarious. 

During the house tour, I got major flashbacks to that episode of Golden Girls where Dorothy and Sophia visited their old Brooklyn apartment and Sophia nearly fell out when a Hispanic man answered the door. Not that Jen's family acted offensively or anything like that, but the set-up was nearly identical to the show, lol.

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

This was a really cute episode.

I know the Sim gig is probably better for Jen's family life and easier on her body, but damn, she's really good at dealing with people. I liked seeing her as a clinician again, even if it was only briefly. 

Judy looked freaking fantastic during her TH's. I need the number of whatever plastic surgeon or dermatologist she's going to.

Zoey Klein, Chicken Whisperer, was hilarious. 

During the house tour, I got major flashbacks to that episode of Golden Girls where Dorothy and Sophia visited their old Brooklyn apartment and Sophia nearly fell out when a Hispanic man answered the door. 

that was one of the cutest things I had every seen. 

12 hours ago, readheaded said:

I loved it when Zoey said that turquoise was Jen's favorite color.  It was a nice episode.

Me too. Most kids would just say blue. She knows the color differences. 😁

• Love 6
12 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Nice new hairstyle, too. 

Jen has the most beautiful smile! She has a warm, lovely demeanor with her patients. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

I loved how Joey clarified to her dad that the thing on the chicken is actually called a wattle

That too! Impressive! I didn't learn the right word for that until I was in my 20s. I always called it the thingie. 

• Love 2

I love this family. It’s a very enjoyable hour and always makes me feel good. Bill really is fantastic relating with his kids. I am so touched seeing him interact with them. Jens house is so lovely. I too love seeing her with patients. 

• Love 14

What a delightful episode.  I was thinking that those kids hit the jackpot when Bill and Jen adopted them.  Their lives are so different than if they had stayed in their home countries.

• Love 19

The children were well behaved again on this episode. I was pleased to see that Will politely waited for a piece of cake rather than attack the cake like we've seen in the past. He definitely has matured quite a bit.

Bill continues to over indulge the children. When they went to the pottery place, he told the salesperson that in addition to a gift for Jen, the children could pick out something special for themselves. Bill needs to learn that the children don't need a gift every single time that they go somewhere. He's the problem, not the kids.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Libby said:

The children were well behaved again on this episode. I was pleased to see that Will politely waited for a piece of cake rather than attack the cake like we've seen in the past. He definitely has matured quite a bit.

Bill continues to over indulge the children. When they went to the pottery place, he told the salesperson that in addition to a gift for Jen, the children could pick out something special for themselves. Bill needs to learn that the children don't need a gift every single time that they go somewhere. He's the problem, not the kids.

I think he is just a softie! But yes, he does overindulge. Dads can be like that.  

• Love 3

Will was still really hyper last year, and this year on the whole he is calm. I wonder if they finally decided to medicate him for it? If so, it was the right choice as he has progressed faster this year than ever before. And Zoey seems calmer because he is, as she often followed along last year.

• Love 2

I wonder if Jen found her groove with parenting. I think she had so much going on in the beginning of her parenting adventure she had Zoey's adoption, her cancer, moving and issues with selling their old home, and starting a new job. 

I've been watching these guys for such a long time and I love how happy this show generally is! Will and Zoey have hit the jackpot! 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Will was still really hyper last year, and this year on the whole he is calm. I wonder if they finally decided to medicate him for it? If so, it was the right choice as he has progressed faster this year than ever before. And Zoey seems calmer because he is, as she often followed along last year.

Maybe he just grew up enough to calm down. My oldest nephew was really hyper as a little kid, to the point that they started wondering if he had ADD/ADHD. His dad didn't want him tested or labeled, and their doctor said to wait until he was at least 7 to even think about it anyway. Somewhere around 7-8, he calmed way down naturally. It is just the age, and I think some people tend to forget how little kids naturally act. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, Libby said:

I just did exactly the same thing with my grandchildren (a couple of years older). They actually threw a pot each for my dil and then got to make a couple of small things for themselves. It added to all our fun.

• Love 3

Like Zoey, my family has an affinity for chickens/roosters.  My dad grew up on a farm.  (REAL farm, where they grew almost everything they ate.)  Of course, they raised their own chickens, which were not pets, but, they had this one rooster who was super smart and loving. He rode on my aunt's bike, perched on the handlebars and followed her around like a puppy.  lol  To this day, my dad LOVES chickens and roosters.  So, I get Zoey on the chicken thing. 

It really does seem like they have an ideal life there in FL.  That outdoor brunch seemed awesome.  I would loved to have had a glass of champagne, sitting out, enjoying the nice weather.  It appeared that only Judy had a glass, though there was a bottle in the ice bucket. lol 

I could tell that Jen's attitude made the patient feel better about the upcoming birth.  She does have a calming way about her. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, flyingdi said:

No judgement, just curious.  Where Jen's parents teenagers?  Just kind of looked like it when they went to visit the first house Jen lived in.

I wondered the same thing.  It sounded like they were living in one room at Judy's parents home.  Loved seeing their young pictures.

• Love 5

Jen is definitely a lot calmer, she rarely does that nervous little laugh anymore, and the house no longer looks like a museum, it looks lived in, still clean, but lived in.  The old house always looked perfect.

I've been watching them since they lived in an apartment, and it's so nice to see them still so much in love, and really happy.

• Love 7

I think Jen has evolved to the point to not sweat the small stuff and just live each day as it comes.  Even the new house is more casual and comfortable.  I want that white sofa with the tufted back that Jen did her exercise on - so pretty.  

• Love 3

I am really enjoying the most recent episodes. Will and Zoey seem very smart, and I expect a lot of that comes from the nurturing provided by Bill and Jen. I wonder if Will and Zoey's exuberance last year was simply a couple of kids who were bored and therefore all over the place with their energy. They seem to have both matured a great deal, and their vocabularies are outstanding. Now that Will and Zoey have found a way to express themselves through their words, they seen much more calm and confident. The kids are delightful, and Will and Jen are wonderful parents.

• Love 8
On 8/24/2019 at 4:56 PM, Honey said:

Jen is definitely a lot calmer, she rarely does that nervous little laugh anymore, and the house no longer looks like a museum, it looks lived in, still clean, but lived in.  The old house always looked perfect.

I've been watching them since they lived in an apartment, and it's so nice to see them still so much in love, and really happy.

Maybe living at the beach and doing a job that might be little less stressful puts her at ease? 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 3

My four year old granddaughter is very precise on colors including violet, lavender, turquoise, and peacock, etc.  Some kids like to pay attention to things like that as much as Jen has said turquoise in some of the shows, I'm not surprised.

Ratings are in: 1.307 M viewers and a .23 rating.

• Love 3

I love how "please", "thank you", "excuse me" all come naturally to both kids now.  I know lots of kids older than these two that ignore the niceties.  Obviously Jen and Bill work with them on being polite.

Watching Zoey talking to the chicken (and having him answer back) was a hoot!

• Love 2
On 8/27/2019 at 9:31 PM, humbleopinion said:

Long timer...I remember when Rocky and Maggie were young doggies...now they are content to be lapdogs.

I remember when they needed a trainer and I can't believe Rocky is now OK with Zoe picking him up and lugging him around.

• Love 1