Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Second Time's the Southern Charm

• Start Topic

Reece and Reagan's big day finally arrives; Barry urges Tamica to stand by Reagan's side; Justin questions whether he can take the next step with Kelsey; Jeff reconnects with his sister and makes big decisions about the next chapter of his life.

Airs August 11, 2019.

YESSSSS Aquistapace’s again! Jeff is so cute with his sister.

”They need to c’mon with this thang.” Hahahha Justin.  Your counselor friend is a good man and you should listen to him often.

’Bout died at Reagan’s dad asking if she didn’t have a tiara or something.  Reece is still gross, and Reagan looked beautiful although I’m sad she wore the doorknocker earrings (and that the bridesmaids wore the doorknocker necklaces). Also holy shit at what her planner (alledgedly) pulled off in a month.

Kelsey, just move on. He’s not in it for you and you deserve better. That whole table knows it’s not happening.

I died again at Moody’s fashion rundown. Not Bear, Not Ostrich, Definitely Not Albino Elephant...frozen Tamica trying to break the door down...Moody yelling about a ring not being needed for Justin to love Kelsey and still chowing down on shrimp creole while standing for Reece and Reagan’s entrance...this show is so damned fun. 

And the dancing was hilarious.  Yay everybody!

Edit: oh shit Jeff!! Good for you, man.

Edited by Toodleoo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

Reagan could explain her excitement about marrying Reece without shitting on her marriage to Jeff and basically pretending it didn't happen. That's just cold.

This wedding is really beautiful, though. Seems a little tacky (?) to have a gender reveal at the wedding but maybe that's just me.

• Love 19
18 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Sooooo.

July 1st has come and gone.....Kelsey...

I thought that was the 6 months later we were gonna get.  

Good for Jeff.  My ex also left closets full of clothes after we got divorced.  What great fun it was to trek it all downstairs and to goodwill.   

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, Anonysaurus said:

Reagan could explain her excitement about marrying Reece without shitting on her marriage to Jeff and basically pretending it didn't happen. That's just cold.

This wedding is really beautiful, though. Seems a little tacky (?) to have a gender reveal at the wedding but maybe that's just me.

Yeah the “It was always you” neon sign was a little gross.

• Love 19

Jeff’s sister coming to see him the day of the wedding was exactly the distraction he needed. Him saying over and over this was the best thing ever made my heart melt. I would eat pad-tay with him any day; glad he is sober; glad he sold the house.

Kelsey girl when your man says “engagement...?” stone-faced and his last line is that he would date Beyoncé in a heartbeat...it is time...to move on.

No eye candy among Reece’s groomsmen AT ALL.

I really, really hope this show gets a third season. 

• Love 23

Y'all know I'm a Jeff cheerleader.

will ferrell snl GIF

But he was drinking wine with his sister.

So when he says he's sober for 5 months, does that he mean he just hasn't been drunk?  Or.  Did he give it up for good a month after the wedding.

Speaking of.  Very pretty.  I got the sense the parents have as much faith as some of us....did think "it was always you" was kind of a middle finger.  However, it's their life and they can't consider Jeff in every decision.  Justin's dad was terrific!

I would dance with Reese.  But he's still a better fit for Vanderpump Rules. 

So let's move Reagan and Reese to California! 

mike myers ok GIF

Jon Moody!  Is a television treasure!  A philosopher for the ages!

Sad the season is over. Also worried there won't be a season 3.  Twitter was slow to start, but it's picked up some juice.  People rave about the show. And asking Bravo to make Rachel full time. 

It's still not so popular that the group is overwhelmed.  Rachel and Jeff have liked a couple of my tweets, squeee, so the fan base is still manageable. 

• Love 6

I actually found this episode kind of boring.  I guess I just wasn't into Reagan's wedding.

I did enjoy the kids grading their parents and Jeff's sister coming to see him the day of Reagan's wedding.  I like Jeff.  Reagan and Reece....not so much.

Justin and Kelsey need to call it quits.  It's just not there. 

I didn't quite understand Jeff's future plans.  Is he going to stay on the west coast?

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, dosodog said:

So when he says he's sober for 5 months, does that he mean he just hasn't been drunk?  Or.  Did he give it up for good a month after the wedding.

Perhaps it was a New Years resolution.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Choco9 said:

Jon Moody is a national treasure and will forever be my favorite Bravolebrity.

Jon Moody cracks me up. I loved the "unknown passionate couple" photo he took of Justin and Kelsey.

I really hope this show gets a third season. It is so much better than original SC. I actually like most of the cast, where as regular SC I do not think I actually like any of the cast anymore.

I am glad Jeff sold the house. I should do some social media digging, because I wondered if Jeff was moving to California.

• Love 7

He seems to still be in NO on Twitter.  Worked the Saints camp and had posts about high school workouts.  Probably just a road trip.  I swear I'm not a stalker. 

Oh.  Did I imagine the editing monkeys showing it as "Reece Charleston Thomas"?  Not Reagan Charleston Thomas?  Either way!  Why have Charleston in there! 

shade creeping GIF by DeRay Davis

Edited by dosodog
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Love the show.  I agree, much better than the original.  

Reece’s groomsmen all looked a little creepy to me.  I still don’t get the attraction.  I know the jewelry is from Reagan’s line, but I had that Anne Klein lion door knocker set in the 90s.

Loved Rachel’s bedazzled satin bonnet.

• Love 6

Sad the season is over :-( and also sad if Jeff leaves the show.  His time wih his sister gave me the warm and fuzzies - go glad he has some family.

'It's always been you'???  Klassy.

This season was way too short.

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Toodleoo said:

Wonder who picked that sign - Reagan seemed surprised when seeing the room, Reece mentioned his father helping out, and there were wedding planners. That message seemed really disrespectful and unnecessary.

• Love 9

Bummed to see this show go; it was just starting to really find its flow! And I genuinely enjoyed everyone on this cast...even Reagan in all her gaudy diva glory. That wedding was just...yeah. It felt so unnecessary and it broke my heart a little to see Jeff stuck simply sharing a cheese platter with his sis while everyone else was whooping it up at the reception. But at least he seems to have found his footing and has moved on from that divorce. Let’s hope he stays sober.

John Moody was the low-key MVP of this season! I just loved his entire chill yet hilariously random commentary; he came off as so stiff and self-impressed last season, so it’s nice to know he’s really just got a nice dry humor. And I loved his whole dynamic with Jeff.

Kelsey...your desperation and lack of self-worth is showing. Lord, move on, girl!!

I’d be *mortified* if my longtime boyfriend acted that way on national television. Methinks Justin’s open to marriage, just not to HER—-if he’s that hesitant to get hitched when he knows how much it means to her, he obviously has second thoughts or thinks he can do better eventually. They’re both just comfortably stuck in a rut together still, like many longtime couples who don’t plan ahead. It’s convenience for now.

I’m worried this show will sadly suffer the same fate of SC Savannah(although that was a deserved fate): no reunion usually means no return. The ratings admittedly weren’t that great either. I think both SC offshoots were given two season guarantees unless they just completely tanked ratings-wise.

• Love 8

Maybe Justin just does not want to get married at all, as in ever.

Which is fine but he needs to start being honest to himself and Kelsey.

Now they're just that couple that stays together for years who eventually marry and are divorced before they even pay for the honeymoon.

• Love 4

I think Reese is the leader of his friend group which is just sad!

I would find the “It Was Always You” tacky if I attended a wedding where the bride was only divorced for two months and a lot of the guests were friends with the ex but it’s even worse when the wedding is being televised when your on a show with your ex! 

• Love 14

I actually thought the wedding ceremony was really cool (sans Reece's vows).  The neon sign was tacky, but I think it was more about Reece's feeling than Regan's.  I did not like Regan's dress at all.  

How long has Justin been dating his girlfriend?  I was with my husband a year and a half when he told me that he was planning to propose on our two year anniversary.  Honestly, it was never even a thing for me prior to him telling me.  I think the more she fixates on it and gives him ultimatums, she's putting the nail in their relationship coffin.  

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Toodleoo said:

YESSSSS Aquistapace’s again! Jeff is so cute with his sister.

”They need to c’mon with this thang.” Hahahha Justin.  Your counselor friend is a good man and you should listen to him often.

’Bout died at Reagan’s dad asking if she didn’t have a tiara or something.  Reece is still gross, and Reagan looked beautiful although I’m sad she wore the doorknocker earrings (and that the bridesmaids wore the doorknocker necklaces). Also holy shit at what her planner (alledgedly) pulled off in a month.

Kelsey, just move on. He’s not in it for you and you deserve better. That whole table knows it’s not happening.

I died again at Moody’s fashion rundown. Not Bear, Not Ostrich, Definitely Not Albino Elephant...frozen Tamica trying to break the door down...Moody yelling about a ring not being needed for Justin to love Kelsey and still chowing down on shrimp creole while standing for Reece and Reagan’s entrance...this show is so damned fun. 

And the dancing was hilarious.  Yay everybody!

Edit: oh shit Jeff!! Good for you, man.

Did anybody get the impression, she doesn't even really like her daddy?  It seems like a weird position to be in but at the same time very Southern girl nicety.  You can't even look this dude in the face but it's your wedding day and you don't have any brothers.  

I get what ya'll are saying about the sign.   {{deep breath}} I might agree if I thought she'd abandoned him or cheated on him with Reece.  But.....it looked like there was some stuff we definitely did not see about Jeff.  Not just the extent of the alcohol addiction, but how deep the consequences were.  The rage outs, the storm offs, the fucking running to get away from whatever made him drink to excess to begin with.  This was not a man she could ever have trusted emotionally or physically.  She definitely didn't trust him enough to try and start a family with him.   It's not that I think Reece is such a great guy but she and Jeff are divorced.  What looks like instantaneous processing may have simply been fatigue.  Maybe she was done mourning the death of her first marriage while it was dying.  Jeff seems like a truly sweet dude and I hope he gets some useful coping mechanism tools out of therapy, but he is not her responsibility anymore and she shouldn't have to act like it was awesome being married to him or tamp down her happiness because he is fragile.   I kinda view this the way Jon does, her happiness doesn't have to equal Jeff's sadness. 

Speaking of Moody.  He's a walking Facebook meme lol.   Give a woman groceries and she'll make you a meal, give her some sperm and she'll make you a human.  Lol!!!!  I'm not kidding, I've seen it on fb.   I appreciated the point though, she'll amplify your life.  Give Moody some time and he'll get there eventually.   "Definitely not Albino Elephant"  took me out for a minute.   Bravo editing needs to team up with Wendy's Twitter Account.  They could rule the world together.   

I was waiting for all those shady preview moments to gimme one shady ceremony moment and come up with a goose egg.   I let em cry wolf every single time and still show up for the next episodes.   Damn you Bravo preview team.

tenor.gif?itemid=5841651

Kelsey talking about their agreement and The Honorable Justin's Daddy talking about a marriage ceremony being one of two of the most joyous occassions of a person's life {{lookspointedlyathissonandKelsey}} were a couple of the most winsome moments I've seen on tv.  I can't look at it anymore.   He is going to marry the next woman he dates 6 months after he and Kelsey break up and that's that but I just don't wanna see him talk to anymore people telling him to shit or get off the pot.  Kelsey boo, git while the getting and these fallopians are still good.  

There's something about Tamika I can't stand and I'm not sure what it is.  The self appointed HBIC or that she feels like everybody should seek her approval to be happy or.....I don't know.  I'm bout thisclose to giving up trying.   I loved the dance off with Reece though, boy got the moves like Jagger lol.   Agree that he should've googled wedding vows, that was....wow.  

• Love 12
10 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

fragile.   I kinda view this the way Jon does, her happiness doesn't have to equal Jeff's sadness. 

It doesn’t but that doesn’t mean you literally have to flash in neon that she was never in love/happy with Jeff. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

It doesn’t but that doesn’t mean you literally have to flash literally in neon that she was never in love/happy with Jeff. 

Which is completely fair if it's how you interpret that.  I'm saying it's not how I did.  But I really wasn't thinking about Jeff at all.  One of them mentioned something that (I thought) alluded to them having known each other before Reagan married Jeff, which made me totally put Jeff aside because this/they wasn't about him.   She has said this was one of the happiest days of her life, as any bride's wedding should be.  I'm sure she said it again when she had their daughter.  My point is she has specifically been cognizant of not isolating Jeff emotionally by including him in what are some of her happiest memories.   There wouldn't be a reason for her to be particularly shitty now.  I can respect that it's not a popular opinion though.  I think I just really hate the idea that her friends kind of hold her responsible for his well being.  

• Love 5
Just now, ZaldamoWilder said:

One of them mentioned something that (I thought) alluded to them having known each other before Reagan married Jeff, which made me totally put Jeff aside because this/they wasn't about him.   

But it is about him because earlier in the season Reagan said the only reason she committed to Jeff was because Reese blew her off a few days before he asked.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Can anyone explain Tamicas last comments about Reagan being the Ex BFF?  I don't follow any of this cast on social media.  Have Tamica and Reagan fallen out?  It would have been nice to have a follow up/caption a la Real Housewives..

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

But it is about him because earlier in the season Reagan said the only reason she committed to Jeff was because Reese blew her off a few days before he asked.

Yeah, mmm, it sounds like I missed some stuff lol.  She was seeing them both *seriously* at the same time? 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Bummed to see this show go; it was just starting to really find its flow! And I genuinely enjoyed everyone on this cast...even Reagan in all her gaudy diva glory. That wedding was just...yeah. It felt so unnecessary and it broke my heart a little to see Jeff stuck simply sharing a cheese platter with his sis while everyone else was whooping it up at the reception. But at least he seems to have found his footing and has moved on from that divorce. Let’s hope he stays sober.

John Moody was the low-key MVP of this season! I just loved his entire chill yet hilariously random commentary; he came off as so stiff and self-impressed last season, so it’s nice to know he’s really just got a nice dry humor. And I loved his whole dynamic with Jeff.

Kelsey...your desperation and lack of self-worth is showing. Lord, move on, girl!!

I’d be *mortified* if my longtime boyfriend acted that way on national television. Methinks Justin’s open to marriage, just not to HER—-if he’s that hesitant to get hitched when he knows how much it means to her, he obviously has second thoughts or thinks he can do better eventually. They’re both just comfortably stuck in a rut together still, like many longtime couples who don’t plan ahead. It’s convenience for now.

I’m worried this show will sadly suffer the same fate of SC Savannah(although that was a deserved fate): no reunion usually means no return. The ratings admittedly weren’t that great either. I think both SC offshoots were given two season guarantees unless they just completely tanked ratings-wise.

Yes, the no reunion at all, much less multiple parts, is the BRAVO kiss of death, unfortunately. It is such a shame, this is one of the few BRAVO shows that we aren't hate watching. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, nexxie said:

Reagan is narcissistic so that sign shouldn't have been a surprise.  Neither should it be a surprise she left her wedding dress & clothing in Jeff's house.  Reece will learn about Reagan's ways but it's too late now; he's stuck with her for life.

3 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Methinks Justin’s open to marriage, just not to HER—-if he’s that hesitant to get hitched when he knows how much it means to her, he obviously has second thoughts or thinks he can do better eventually.

Kelsey looks like a muppet and Justin is not trying to marry a muppet.  The first moment a relatively attractive woman gives him some play ...bye Kelsey.

I think Justin suffers from Nice Guy Syndrome.  He doesn't want to be definitive because then he'll be the bad guy.  He will NEVER dump Kelsey ... if/when the relationship ends it will be because Kelsey ended it, not Justin.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
45 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I think I just really hate the idea that her friends kind of hold her responsible for his well being.  

Tamica, Rachel and the gang were such good friends with Reagan, they would know Reagan had been through the wringer emotionally with Jeff and she was just done and ready to start fresh with Reece.

Instead, everyone seems to be Team Jeff because (IMO) Reagan is flaunting her new relationship and new pregnancy (both conceived while with Jeff) to Jeff and it all seems to be a big FU to Jeff.

I wouldn't be surprised if she invited Jeff to the wedding. Certainly leaving her wedding dress in Jeff's house appears to be a big FU to him.

IMO, keeping Jeff's last name while marrying Reece seems like a big FU to Jeff.  If Reece is the love of your life and you just had his child, why do you still have your ex-husband's last name? You only just passed the bar so it's not like you're established in the legal profession as "Reagan Charleston" and the jewelry line could've been debuted under a different name since it's a start up.

I'm sure some other narcissistic actions by Reagan went down between January and June/July that had Tamica jumping from Team Reagan to be fully onboard Team Jeff. That's why we need a season 3 to figure this stuff out.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

The rage outs, the storm offs, the fucking running to get away from whatever made him drink to excess to begin with. 

Not to minimize the good points made by @ZaldamoWilder, but this just reminded me of his sister saying he used to ride off on his big wheel when he'd get mad.  I literally lol'd - he has never liked to deal with his feelings!  Just get some space and be done. 

• Love 12
41 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Reagan is narcissistic so that sign shouldn't have been a surprise.  Neither should it be a surprise she left her wedding dress & clothing in Jeff's house.  Reece will learn about Reagan's ways but it's too late now; he's stuck with her for life.

Kelsey looks like a muppet and Justin is not trying to marry a muppet.  The first moment a relatively attractive woman gives him some play ...bye Kelsey.

I think Justin suffers from Nice Guy Syndrome.  He doesn't want to be definitive because then he'll be the bad guy.  He will NEVER dump Kelsey ... if/when the relationship ends it will be because Kelsey ended it, not Justin.

It's what I think all the on camera "advice" has been about.   He's forcing her to do the leaving. 

https://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/justin-reese-kelsey-nichols-relationship-tamica-lee-reacts 

3 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Tamica, Rachel and the gang were such good friends with Reagan, they would know Reagan had been through the wringer emotionally with Jeff and she was just done and ready to start fresh with Reece.

Instead, everyone seems to be Team Jeff because (IMO) Reagan is flaunting her new relationship and new pregnancy (both conceived while with Jeff) to Jeff and it all seems to be a big FU to Jeff.

I wouldn't be surprised if she invited Jeff to the wedding. Certainly leaving her wedding dress in Jeff's house appears to be a big FU to him.

IMO, keeping Jeff's last name while marrying Reece seems like a big FU to Jeff.  If Reece is the love of your life and you just had his child, why do you still have your ex-husband's last name? You only just passed the bar so it's not like you're established in the legal profession as "Reagan Charleston" and the jewelry line could've been debuted under a different name since it's a start up.

I'm sure some other narcissistic actions by Reagan went down between January and June/July that had Tamica jumping from Team Reagan to be fully onboard Team Jeff. That's why we need a season 3 to figure this stuff out.

Except that at the end of last season and moreso in the beginning of this one, Reagan and her friends said she was keeping up a good face for the outside world.  They knew each of them well, sure, but in part, the reason their split was so hard to take was because they weren't really aware what it was like for her day to day, even if they understood some of Jeff's issues.  Part of Tamika's complaint was I thought we were cool and you were going through all this shit and didn't say anything to your inner squad?  Girl.  

Well see, this was my initial question.   Were they?  If Reece is her ex, it would be more of a rekindling, pick up where we left off kinda thing than brand new relationship, they already knew each other intimately right?   Now there's a gap for me, I don't know if it's because I missed some episodes or it happened fast, but is there something between her leaving Jeff to go live in the city and starting back up with Reece?  There were divorce papers and unwinding that happened in the off season?  The question I'm asking is did they get back together before she and Jeff had broken up?  In my mind the timeline was:  Jeff was struggling with Reagan not making time for him and he wanted to stay in the house over the bridge.  Reagan's excuse about getting a place in the city was it's closer to the law library.  That season wraps, they come back and they're divorced.    I agree it was accelerated but if they were exes, the timeline for a *new* relationship may not apply.   If Jeff is the guy she settled for, I feel badly for the guy, it means that everything is gonna look like an FU to him.  

• Love 3

Questions:

When Jeff said he's moving to the West Coast, did he mean of the USA or is there some sort of district in NO referred to as the West Coast?

Is the show canceled (I hope not!!!)?  I'm fine with no reunion, but I do want the show to come back!

Observations:

Jeff riding away on his trike is telling.  Running away (literally or by way of alcohol) is his way of coping.  Glad he's in therapy so he can get a handle on it all.  Seeing that Jeff landed on a good note all the way around was the icing on the cake for me.

I hope Jeff stays on the show (assuming it comes back).

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 10

From what I understood about the Reagan/Reece relationship, they knew each other and liked each other in high school/early adulthood but never really got together as intimate partners.  Reece thought and still thinks that Reagan is too hot to mess with the likes of him, so I'm thinking he never approached her like that back then even though she says she always had a thing for him.

IMO the group thinks Reagan is rubbing her new man and pregnancy in Jeff's face and not happy she's doing it in the guise of "We're still friends, right? I just want you to know from me and not from somebody else. Aren't you happy for me? We're still friends, right?"

If it's over, it's over.  Get gone and move on. 

Jeff should auction off all the clothes she left in the closet and give the proceeds to Son of a Saint.

• Love 11

Justin is 37 years old.  I don't know how old Kelsey is.  I think Tamica is right.  Justin is never going to pop the question.  He's waiting for her to break up with him.  Then six months later he'll be engaged to someone else.

He's not ready for a reason.  Given his age and being together for four years, Hmmm.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

From what I understood about the Reagan/Reece relationship, they knew each other and liked each other in high school/early adulthood but never really got together as intimate partners.  Reece thought and still thinks that Reagan is too hot to mess with the likes of him, so I'm thinking he never approached her like that back then even though she says she always had a thing for him.

IMO the group thinks Reagan is rubbing her new man and pregnancy in Jeff's face and not happy she's doing it in the guise of "We're still friends, right? I just want you to know from me and not from somebody else. Aren't you happy for me? We're still friends, right?"

If it's over, it's over.  Get gone and move on. 

Jeff should auction off all the clothes she left in the closet and give the proceeds to Son of a Saint.

A word.  Which is exactly why I say they're lowkey holding her responsible.   A trip, where everybody who's in a relationship brings their partner but me because it'll trigger Jeff?  Kick rocks.  She was a guuut one for going to Destin.

She was a seeing another dude days before you proposed and you were still fairly confident that she wanted to marry you?   I mean this speaks terribly of Reagan, but for the part that belongs to Jeff?  yeah, no.   Jeff is Kelsey.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jack Terrier said:

Can anyone explain Tamicas last comments about Reagan being the Ex BFF?  I don't follow any of this cast on social media.  Have Tamica and Reagan fallen out?  It would have been nice to have a follow up/caption a la Real Housewives..

I haven't seen the episode yet but the two are still good friends. They've both mentioned on a number of occasions that they fight like sisters. I think their personalities clash in the way they address things with one another but there seems to be genuine love there.

1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I think I just really hate the idea that her friends kind of hold her responsible for his well being.  

I think that expectation may have largely been crafted by Reagan's own doing. Right out of the gate, she was reassuring everyone how she and Jeff were still great friends, that they confide in each other and talk every day. In her mind, I think that's the relationship she hoped to have with Jeff but in reality, it wasn't something she could truly pull off, especially given how quickly things were happening in her life and we saw her starting to realize that as the season went on. It's what eventually led her to not telling Jeff about her pregnancy.

Given the way she sold her relationship with him, I can understand why her friends thought she was the best person to help Jeff when they started to see him spiral out of control. Not as his ex-wife who was responsible for his well-being, but as a good friend who knows him better than anyone else and was in the best position to help him.  Reagan was doing the bare minimum with her friends and so she was left being reactive to things rather than proactive. Instead of sitting down with her girls, shooting the shit and bringing up honest thoughts and feelings, she was forced to bring it out after confronted by her friends about her being the one to reach out to Jeff and see what's going on with him. Generally speaking, I absolutely agree with you that she shouldn't be responsible for his well-being as they've both moved on from one another, but I'm not convinced it would have gone down the same way had Reagan been a bit more careful in the way she was updating her friends on the status of her and Jeff's relationship.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I haven't seen the episode yet but the two are still good friends. They've both mentioned on a number of occasions that they fight like sisters. I think their personalities clash in the way they address things with one another but there seems to be genuine love there.

I think that expectation may have largely been crafted by Reagan's own doing. Right out of the gate, she was reassuring everyone how she and Jeff were still great friends, that they confide in each other and talk every day. In her mind, I think that's the relationship she hoped to have with Jeff but in reality, it wasn't something she could truly pull off, especially given how quickly things were happening in her life and we saw her starting to realize that as the season went on. It's what eventually led her to not telling Jeff about her pregnancy.

Given the way she sold her relationship with him, I can understand why her friends thought she was the best person to help Jeff when they started to see him spiral out of control. Not as his ex-wife who was responsible for his well-being, but as a good friend who knows him better than anyone else and was in the best position to help him.  Reagan was doing the bare minimum with her friends and so she was left being reactive to things rather than proactive. Instead of sitting down with her girls, shooting the shit and bringing up honest thoughts and feelings, she was forced to bring it out after confronted by her friends about her being the one to reach out to Jeff and see what's going on with him. Generally speaking, I absolutely agree with you that she shouldn't be responsible for his well-being as they've both moved on from one another, but I'm not convinced it would have gone down the same way had Reagan been a bit more careful in the way she was updating her friends on the status of her and Jeff's relationship.

Thanks for laying it out this way.  I can see this.   I'm projecting a little too.  I'd be able to tell my closest now lissen! everybody just gimme 5 feet and about a week to turtleshell, I'm going it.   Which they'd know really meant:  there's a lot of processing happening right now and I'm not together enough in my shit to articulate that as soon as I digest I'll explain everything in detail, from the top but I still need you all in the meantime. 

So when the season opens remember they're having this talk at the pool party and it's very I'm glad we can move on and don't have to divvy up our friends and we're happy for each other kind of talk.  It looks like she believed they were or were gonna be cool.  I believed it too.  But the pacing of everything that happened next tanked progress that would normally take more time to unfurl.   Which is why I think she hid the pregnancy from him.   Not out of guilt but that hearing she'd moved on already helped him spiral.  So if he wasn't about hearing she was involved, then 5 minutes later, engaged to be remarried........hearing about the baby he'd been bothering her for was finna be a whole problem.  I wouldn'tve told my ex either, but I also wouldn't be hanging around where he is on purpose. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jextella said:

When Jeff said he's moving to the West Coast, did he mean of the USA or is there some sort of district in NO referred to as the West Coast?

He didn’t say he was moving to the west coast he said he was taking a motorcycle road trip to the west coast.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

I don't think it was days.  IIRC, Reagan and Reese stopped dating because Reese wasn't ready to settle down.

According to this link, they met in 2009 and married in 2012.

https://www.bustle.com/p/how-did-reagan-jeff-charleston-meet-the-southern-charm-new-orleans-couple-can-thank-football-for-their-marriage-8761164

Reagan and Reese dated in college and he broke up with her but she mentioned this season that she ran into him when Jeff and her were getting serious, I forget if it was the proposal or just a trip to Chicago and a more committed relationship they had a moment and than Reese blew her off so than she decided to go all in on Jeff a few days later.

etb: I looked it up in the thread and it was episode 2, Reagan said she and Reese hung out when she was dating Jeff but he got wasted and threw up and so the night ended and the next day Jeff proposed and she accepted.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

It doesn't sound like Jeff knew about Reece's reappearance as anything but a friend.  But he shoulda known...

But Jeff seems to take a lot a face value, so I ain't surprised he didn't know she would have leapt into Reece's arms back then if those arms hadn't been covered in Reece's vomit.

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

etb: I looked it up in the thread and it was episode 2, Reagan said she and Reese hung out when she was dating Jeff but he got wasted and threw up and so the night ended and the next day Jeff proposed and she accepted.

This still doesn't make Reagan look any better; she was cheating on Jeff the entire time she was with him and only settled for him when Reece was too wasted/unavailable.  Why are you "hanging out" with another dude when you're dating Jeff?

Doesn't make Jeff look good either.  It makes him look like the simpiest of simps and I wonder if he proposed to Reagan to "lock her down" from Reece, just as I wonder if Reece got Reagan pregnant to "lock her down" from Jeff.

Except Reece played a stupid game and has ended up with a stupid prize while Jeff got to escape and zoom away on his bike.

Edited by drivethroo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, drivethroo said:

This still doesn't make Reagan look any better; she was cheating on Jeff the entire time she was with him and only settled for him when Reece was too wasted/unavailable.  W

I wasn’t suggesting it made her look better I was saying it added to the tackiness of the sign at the wedding that it was always Reese.

Reagan isn’t responsible for Jeff’s happiness and she should move on with her life but that doesn’t mean she actively has to shit on her past relationship with Jeff when she keeps trying to say they still close and she still loves him in a friendship way.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

He didn’t say he was moving to the west coast he said he was taking a motorcycle road trip to the west coast.

Thanks for clarifying.  I like Jeff and if the show returns, I'm interested in following his journey.

• Love 2

Another sign of the death knoll:  None of the cast was on Watch What Happens Live.  It would have been a perfect time for Reece/Reagan to be on or Reagan/Tamika.... 

Yet, this cast and the situations are SO MUCH BETTER than the original.  I appreciate that this is a diverse articulate cast with so many interesting MEN who seem to have JOBS.  New Orleans is such an interesting, glittery city; I appreciate that the FAMILIES are shown--no spouses who only appear via phone; I like the storylines:  art shows, weddings, fancy NO parties, serious conversations between fathers and sons which we NEVER hear on TV... 

WHY ANDY, WHY??? 

• Love 18