Type keyword(s) to search

Daytime Emmys: This Year, It's Actually on TV…Oops, Spoke Too Soon

• Start Topic

Aren’t pre-noms just the show putting people’s names in the running? It has nothing to do with the Academy or the nominations. It’s more of an ego thing I think. The actual nods won’t reflect any of this except of course Mo because for some reason they’re in love with him.

8 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Aren’t pre-noms just the show putting people’s names in the running? It has nothing to do with the Academy or the nominations.

It doesn't sound like it per this quote:

"Out of all the performers who submitted themselves for Emmy consideration on The Bold and the Beautiful, The Young and the Restless, Days of our Lives, and General Hospital, a round of voting has narrowed down this year's list of contenders to the following performers"

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Took the words right out of my mouth.  I can't even imagine what's on his reel.

I going to bet it's the episode he made the big speech to Faison in the hospital.

I'm rooting for DZ to get the nom over MG (shocker) but if they both could get one that'd be great.

1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Aren’t pre-noms just the show putting people’s names in the running?

No, some people submit and don't get a pre-nom.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

What the hell did WR do to deserve to get a pre-nom besides be sleeping with LW??!

Nothing! That's exactly why he got cause of who his GF is. I would've submitted Hudson West, or any of the kid actors in supporting before I would dare fix my face to ever let him submit or submit him.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

going to bet it's the episode he made the big speech to Faison in the hospital.

Nah, it'll be a scene in the cabin when Liesl was holding him hostage. Because that was such intense drama...

A little surprising that Jon Lindstrom is in the lead category, no?  

Anyway, I don't think daytime emmys mean what they used to... just glanced at the winners in 2017 and 2018 and raised my eyebrows at most of them. (Can Greg Vaughan really be daytimes best supporting actor?  The best?  And Kate Mansi, really?)

2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Nah, it'll be a scene in the cabin when Liesl was holding him hostage. Because that was such intense drama...

Don't forget his shirtless hyperventilating panic attack while stuck in the elevator with Maxie. 

These noms are a joke. All of those listed from GH minus, Jon, Maura and maybe Will Lipton for young actor, shouldn't be anywhere near in the running. Of course Mo is there. Again. Best teleprompter reader in the biz. Hasn't memorized a line since '99.

And ok, Tamara Braun. She hasn't had one minute as Kim that was Emmy worthy. Frankly I think she's been awful. Yes, the writing sucks, BM gives her squat but its mainly her own performance. I don't understand why a director hasn't told her to stop the constant smile cry. It's irked me for months. Has she ever been sad and cried in her lifetime or seen someone who has? It's not standard to grimace while telling someone something utterly devastating, like your son's cancer treatment failed and his brain tumor is getting worse. She looks nuts. When she was speaking to Elizabeth the other day she was doing the same smiling while speaking of devastating things and next to BH's appropriate demeanor she looked even worse. 

Edited by CharethCutestory
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I am assuming that since there are only 4 shows left, all will be nominated for best show.

Believe it or not, no. I think they have sometimes only nominated two or three shows, so that's not a guarantee. 

3 hours ago, Ladybyrd said:

Can Greg Vaughan really be daytimes best supporting actor?  The best?  

Last year? Yes. I saw his submission and I was rooting for him (despite years of Larry jokes) because it was shockingly good. I don't know what happened during that stint on Queen Sugar but it was very good for him.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

Don't forget his shirtless hyperventilating panic attack while stuck in the elevator with Maxie. 

These noms are a joke. All of those listed from GH minus, Jon, Maura and maybe Will Lipton for young actor, shouldn't be anywhere near in the running. Of course Mo is there. Again. Best teleprompter reader in the biz. Hasn't memorized a line since '99.

And ok, Tamara Braun. She hasn't had one minute as Kim that was Emmy worthy. Frankly I think she's been awful. Yes, the writing sucks, BM gives her squat but its mainly her own performance. I don't understand why a director hasn't told her to stop the constant smile cry. It's irked me for months. Has she ever been sad and cried in her lifetime or seen someone who has? It's not standard to grimace while telling someone something utterly devastating, like your son's cancer treatment failed and his brain tumor is getting worse. She looks nuts. When she was speaking to Elizabeth the other day she was doing the same smiling while speaking of devastating things and next to BH's appropriate demeanor she looked even worse. 

Agreed...TB has been awful.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Which is why she’s up for ‘guest’

She was on for practically 5 seconds.  Almost a dayplayer.  I'd consider Sasha a "guest", if they don't bring her back for months coming up.  But Mary Pat was like any other anonymous hospital scene-filler.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 2

The rules are pretty strict for the guest category. I’m pretty sure they can only have been on for a very short time. There was a whole uproar last year because they rescinded the award after determining the winner exceeded the limits.

and Mary pat was actually on fairly regularly when Carly was first admitted to ferncliffe.

• Love 2

I think Max Gail deserves his spot on the list and if not for him I'd be pulling for Dom 100%. I have issues with the story itself, but, Max is bringing it, even having to listen to his scene partner mumbling through everything. 

I usually don't care about the Emmys but I want JL and the kid playing Cam, to win more than anything.  It probably won't send a message to the show but it'd be nice. I'm surprised Hudson West isn't on the list but maybe most of Jake's big stuff was the year before? Also shocked Frank didn't put the fix in for NBs very special guest appearances 😬

• Love 3
5 hours ago, paisley said:

Past winners include Lexi Ainsworth (Kristina,GH) and Kate Mansi (Abby, DOOL). Need I say more?

And never forget Natalia "Umm" Livingston. The Daytime Emmys stopped being relevant ages ago, basically when most of the other soaps died. Now it's more like a participation trophy.

• Love 5

Outstanding Drama Series

The Bold and the Beautiful CBS
Days of Our Lives NBC
General Hospital ABC
The Young and the Restless CBS

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series

Marci Miller, as Abigail Deveraux DiMera
Days of Our Lives NBC

Heather Tom, as Katie Logan

Maura West, as Ava Jerome
General Hospital ABC

Jacqueline MacInnes Wood, as Steffy Forrester

Laura Wright, as Carly Corinthos
General Hospital ABC

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series

Maurice Benard, as Sonny Corinthos
General Hospital ABC

Peter Bergman, as Jack Abbott

Tyler Christopher, as Stefan DiMera
Days of Our Lives NBC

Billy Flynn, as Chad DiMera
Days of Our Lives NBC

Jon Lindstrom, as Ryan/Kevin Collins
General Hospital ABC

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series

Kassie DePaiva, as Eve Donovan
Days of Our Lives NBC

Linsey Godfrey, as Sarah Horton
Days of Our Lives NBC

Martha Madison, as Belle Black
Days of Our Lives NBC

Beth Maitland, as Traci Abbott

Mishael Morgan, as Hilary Curtis

Vernee Watson, as Stella Henry
General Hospital ABC

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series

Max Gail, as Mike Corbin
General Hospital ABC

Bryton James, as Devon Hamilton

Eric Martsolf, as Brady Black
Days of Our Lives NBC

Greg Rikaart, as Leo Stark
Days of Our Lives NBC

Dominic Zamprogna, as Dante Falconeri
General Hospital ABC

Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series

Hayley Erin, as Kiki Jerome
General Hospital ABC

Olivia Rose Keegan, as Claire Brady
Days of Our Lives NBC

Victoria Konefal, as Ciara Brady
Days of Our Lives NBC

Chloe Lanier, as Nelle Benson
General Hospital ABC

Eden McCoy, as Josslyn Jacks
General Hospital ABC

Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series

Lucas Adams, as Tripp Dalton
Days of Our Lives NBC

William Lipton, as Cameron Webber
General Hospital ABC

Kyler Pettis, as Theo Carver
Days of Our Lives NBC

Garren Stitt, as Oscar Nero
General Hospital ABC

Zach Tinker, as Fenmore Baldwin

Outstanding Guest Performer in a Drama Series

Philip Anthony-Rodriguez, as Miguel Garcia
Days of Our Lives NBC

Patricia Bethune, as Nurse Mary Pat
General Hospital ABC

Wayne Brady, as Dr. Reese Buckingham

Kate Mansi, as Abigail Deveraux
Days of Our Lives NBC

Thaao Penghlis, as Andre DiMera
Days of Our Lives NBC

I’m so exhausted with the constant nominations of LW and MW. Nothing they’ve done in years has been special or different. It’s the same type of performances over and over. Can we give them a consistent effort nom and move on? Geez.

• Love 6
On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:41 AM, LexieLily said:

What the hell did WR do to deserve to get a pre-nom besides be sleeping with LW??!

On the bright side, at least that wasn't enough to get him an actual nod. /HAHAFakeCarlyLaugh

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I really hope Jon and William (Cameron) win. Still don’t understand how Garrett Stitt got a nomination when the kid is a horrid actor.

Also rooting for Max Gail and Maura.

the rest? Meh.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I’m so exhausted with the constant nominations of LW and MW. Nothing they’ve done in years has been special or different. It’s the same type of performances over and over. Can we give them a consistent effort nom and move on? Geez.

Yup.  I have no issues with MW and LW, they do their jobs but so overrated at this point.  Especially MW.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Sake614 said:

Yes it’s for calendar year 2018.

So depending on when they had to put their reels together Jon might not have even gotten to submit the best of the Ryan stuff, because the Kevin/Ryan story didn't start, really, until The Switch in late August. 

5 hours ago, Fellaway said:

What the heck is their age range for the Younger performers' categories

24 and under. Kids almost never win because they can’t possibly compete with adult storylines.

• Love 1

Interesting. I guess  Chloe was 24 when the voting took place because otherwise she’d be too old for the younger category. I suppose she could have been nominated in supporting or even lead since she drove story. But I wasn’t overly impressed with her regardless. 

So GH won every acting award except Best Actress and Younger Actor.

Maurice won best actor (BLEH).  More Sonny than you can ever imagine coming up.

2 minutes ago, Hater said:

So GH won every acting award except Best Actress and Younger Actor.

Maurice won best actor (BLEH).  More Sonny than you can ever imagine coming up.

Jon was robbed. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Can't wait for a comment from Frank praising everyone, especially the star of "General Hospital" for his win and blessing the others' reels. #ugh

This felt rigged.  Not gonna lie.  Not showing the reels and Maurice bringing his entire family to the show tonight.

Whatever.

• Love 5