Type keyword(s) to search

Daytime Emmys: This Year, It's Actually on TV…Oops, Spoke Too Soon

• Start Topic

How the F*#K did Mo win?? He was even flubbing his lines in his speech? 
Good to see the show back even if it was weird though. 
I know we had a lot of noms in the Best actress category but JUST based on the clips they showed that woman deserved to win. 🤷‍♀️

With only four soaps left and the same people getting nominated every other year, what’s the point of this show? It was enormously boring to me so that I turned it off very early.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

How the F*#K did Mo win?? He was even flubbing his lines in his speech? 
Good to see the show back even if it was weird though. 
I know we had a lot of noms in the Best actress category but JUST based on the clips they showed that woman deserved to win. 🤷‍♀️

Yup JMW deserved it based on the clips.  The stuff the GH actresses submitted looked flat.

• Love 1

I really have liked Heather Tom in the past but that dress she wore on the Emmy’s was terrible on her. It was way too short and she needed a good bra. Her boobs were hanging down to her elbows or lower. Not flattering on her at all. She could and has done much better.

4 hours ago, Gam2 said:

With only four soaps left and the same people getting nominated every other year, what’s the point of this show? It was enormously boring to me so that I turned it off very early.

to be fair when there were more soaps -  good chunk of the nominees were the same people every year too. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

I really have liked Heather Tom in the past but that dress she wore on the Emmy’s was terrible on her. It was way too short and she needed a good bra. Her boobs were hanging down to her elbows or lower. Not flattering on her at all. She could and has done much better.

I also wondered if she had work done on her face? It didn’t move at all! And yeah the dress did her no favors.

(edited)

There's some dust-up going on, via Twitter (at least). Apparently Frank said somehow in connection to Mo's win that he is the star of the show. (Blech). That has Genie fans pissed off, which seems to be leading to Genie-directed insults from either Mo lovers or just general trolls.  

Edit: I guess Mo is fighting with some people on Twitter, and said something about Genie being "boring" and then accidentally said something about Dom being overrated, LOL.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Mind Blown 2
(edited)
46 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

There's some dust-up going on, via Twitter (at least). Apparently Frank said somehow in connection to Mo's win that he is the star of the show. (Blech). That has Genie fans pissed off, which seems to be leading to Genie-directed insults from either Mo lovers or just general trolls.  

Edit: I guess Mo is fighting with some people on Twitter, and said something about Genie being "boring" and then accidentally said something about Dom being overrated, LOL.

I saw the tweet he responded to that mentioned Genie and he replied with a boring GIF (seriously, Mo?), but I didn't see the thing about Dom. Yeah, right. Overrated. Like your sorry ass?

EDIT: I just saw the one where he QT Dom and said he used to think he's overrated but now thinks he's great. Then he corrected himself and said he meant underrated. 😂

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Do not watch GH. Who is MO? Do you mean Bernard?

19 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I saw the tweet he responded to that mentioned Genie and he replied with a boring GIF (seriously, Mo?), but I didn't see the thing about Dom. Yeah, right. Overrated. Like your sorry ass?

EDIT: I just saw the one where he QT Dom and said he used to think he's overrated but now thinks he's great. Then he corrected himself and said he meant underrated. 😂

I think in both cases he wasn't trying to be insulting and was kind of unclear -- but just another reason why he might want to run those tweets by a publicist. Also, fans of the show pointed out that they didn't tag Mo with their commentary, but he must have been searching for the show or himself and ended up arguing with them! Classy.

8 hours ago, rcc said:

Do not watch GH. Who is MO? Do you mean Bernard?

Yes.

• Love 3

Mo does look up himself and his projects. I follow Ice T and he tweeted out a poster for a movie he did and Mo was in it but wasn't tagged, I said something like "didn't expect Finn and Sonny Corinthos to show up on my timeline but okay" and about an hour later I got a notification Mo liked my tweet. 

Mo calling anyone boring or over rated would be rich no matter who it was but Dom and Genie? GTFO.

• Love 6

It's almost painful that GH basically relies on final approval from someone as unimpressive and insecure as MB.  His little "method acting" cult is literally just cheap random tics that he conned people into believing has some deep, hidden meaning.  

• Love 9

As I have said millions of times before, it's kind of sad at just how much prestige the Daytime Emmys have lost. When I think of how millions used to tune in to see if Susan Lucci would win or not, and prime-time soap specials airing beforehand, it's sad to see it become nothing more than a Participation Award ceremony.

I'm even more surprised the ceremony is back on TV.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

As I have said millions of times before, it's kind of sad at just how much prestige the Daytime Emmys have lost.

Definitely.  I mean, let's be real: with only four measly shows competing, the competition to get nominated or win is ridiculously small compared to the days when there were a dozen shows. 

I hate how GH submits trumped-up special episodes that have nothing to do with the actual storylines and are clearly Emmy bait, yet the judges fall for it all the time.  Clips submitted for Best Daytime Drama should feature the shows’ ongoing storylines, with the actors playing their regular characters.  That’s a true reflection of the quality delivered by the soap that year.  Submitting a black & white special on the suffrage movement tells me that the actual storylines that year weren’t worth a damn.

4 minutes ago, plotpointer said:

Clips submitted for Best Daytime Drama should feature the shows’ ongoing storylines, with the actors playing their regular characters.  That’s a true reflection of the quality delivered by the soap that year.  Submitting a black & white special on the suffrage movement tells me that the actual storylines that year weren’t worth a damn.

Right?  Why not submit the episode when Mike died?  Emmy-bait, for sure, but at least it was the culmination of an ongoing storyline. 

1 minute ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Right?  Why not submit the episode when Mike died?  Emmy-bait, for sure, but at least it was the culmination of an ongoing storyline. 

They submitted the suffrage episode and the one with the Floating Rib explosion because they have to submit 2 episodes. I’d argue the latter was more reflective of average episode and was more engaging than the one where Mike died, which stories were also heavily in multiple actor reels so it would have come off as repetitive.

They tend to submit a lot of standalone episodes in the non-acting categories because there is a more cohesive story in them but I see the point in it not being reflective of the true show when this the second year that they submitted essentially a fantasy episode. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, plotpointer said:

I hate how GH submits trumped-up special episodes that have nothing to do with the actual storylines and are clearly Emmy bait, yet the judges fall for it all the time.

It's not the judges fault, IMO. They can't judge what they can't see. The rules should be changed so that anything submitted is a regular story, not a one-off. 

• Love 1

GH deserved its win. This is a damn good soap opera. The acting is excellent. The plots are great. The writing is mostly great. And the stories aren't dragging, they are building out of other stories and creating continuing drama. We have a nice handful of new and old couples that are appealing to a wide variety of fans. GOOD SOAP! I'm thrilled it won.

• Love 1
On 6/26/2021 at 4:20 PM, Gam2 said:

Given the game shows/kids shows/talk shows that are still successful and still on the air, there's an argument to be made to refocus the show towards them, and away from the soaps. It's unfortunate, of course, but it would make more sense. 

• Love 1
(edited)
16 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

As I have said millions of times before, it's kind of sad at just how much prestige the Daytime Emmys have lost. When I think of how millions used to tune in to see if Susan Lucci would win or not, and prime-time soap specials airing beforehand, it's sad to see it become nothing more than a Participation Award ceremony.

I'm even more surprised the ceremony is back on TV.

The weird thing is, I was 12 in 2001 when I first watched the ceremony, and that was two years after SL's win. I would argue that it still had some relevance for about a decade after that, perhaps until GL, ATWT, AMC, and OLTL were all cancelled. (I'm not counting PC or Passions' cancellations, because PC was only on for a short amount of time, and Passions--come on, let's be serious here, that show doesn't count and we all know it--it was a joke, a parody, not to mention that it had a target on its back for replacing AW.)

Like I said above, refiguring it towards the genres in daytime that AREN'T soaps would make more sense at this point, although I certainly think those still on the soaps should be recognized; it's not their fault their genre is in this weird, unmoving stasis that will only continue until another soap is finally dropped. 

Edited by UYI

Emmy noms are in:

OUTSTANDING LEAD PERFORMANCE IN A DAYTIME DRAMA SERIES: ACTRESS

Marci Miller as Abigail DiMera
Days of Our Lives, NBC

Mishael Morgan as Amanda Sinclair
The Young and the Restless, CBS

Cynthia Watros as Nina Reeves
General Hospital, ABC

Laura Wright as Carly Corinthos
General Hospital, ABC

Arianne Zucker as Nicole Walker
Days of Our Lives, NBC

OUTSTANDING LEAD PERFORMANCE IN A DAYTIME DRAMA SERIES: ACTOR

Peter Bergman as Jack Abbott

Eric Martsolf as Brady Black
Days of Our Lives, NBC

John McCook as Eric Forrester
The Bold and the Beautiful, CBS

James Reynolds as Abe Carver
Days of Our Lives, NBC

Jason Thompson as Billy Abbott

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING PERFORMANCE IN A DRAMA SERIES: ACTRESS

Kimberlin Brown as Sheila Carter

Nancy Lee Grahn as Alexis Davis
General Hospital, ABC

Stacy Haiduk as Kristen DiMera
Days of Our Lives, NBC

Melissa Ordway as Abby Newman

Kelly Thiebaud as Dr. Britt Westbourne
General Hospital, ABC

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING PERFORMANCE IN A DRAMA SERIES: ACTOR

Bryton James as Devon Hamilton

Jeff Kober as Cyrus Renault
General Hospital, ABC

Aaron D. Spears as Justin Barber

James Patrick Stuart as Valentin Cassadine
General Hospital, ABC

Jordi Vilasuso as Rey Rosales

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER PERFORMER IN A DRAMA SERIES

Lindsay Arnold as Allie Horton
Days of Our Lives, NBC

Nicholas Chavez as Spencer Cassadine
General Hospital, ABC

Alyvia Alyn Lind as Faith Newman

William Lipton as Cameron Webber
General Hospital, ABC

Sydney Mikayla as Trina Robinson
General Hospital, ABC

OUTSTANDING GUEST PERFORMANCE IN A DRAMA SERIES

Robert Gossett as Marshall Ashford
General Hospital, ABC

Ted King as Jack Finnegan

Michael Lowry as Dr. Clay Snyder
Days of Our Lives, NBC

Naomi Matsuda as Dr. Li Finnegan

Ptosha Storey as Naya Benedict

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

It was very nice to see the Emmys in primetime. Happy to see Jeff, Kelly and Nicholas winning. Sydney looked fabulous in that dress and it was nice to see the trio with William.

I felt for Susan Lucci. She did a wonderful job introducing the In Memoriam segment. Michael Bolton though… terrible, I’m sorry.

I thought many people looked gorgeous. That pink glitter pantsuit of the co-host was fabulous and kudos to the “I CHOSE this dress” bit.

The actress playing the Commissioner has much better energy in person and that dress. 🤩

And great speech by Mishael Morgan as the first Black women to win best actress.

• Love 7

I saw William Lipton sporting some big-ass diamond studs in his ears on the red carpet - will he be on the chopping block like the actor who played Rafe Kovich, Jr. when he made the same style choice?