Type keyword(s) to search

Daytime Emmys: This Year, It's Actually on TV…Oops, Spoke Too Soon

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

For what? She was on for like, five minutes? 

Wasn't it said that her reel was full of histrionics? For whatever reason, "subtle" for soap reel winners barely happens. Maybe one of the reasons Daytime Emmys are not taken seriously.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Wasn't it said that her reel was full of histrionics? For whatever reason, "subtle" for soap reel winners barely happens. Maybe one of the reasons Daytime Emmys are not taken seriously.

Her reel was horrible. Lot's of crying, shrieking, and jumping up and down. Soap acting isn't taken seriously because those who over emote are always favored. The little girl who plays Faith on Y&R showed much better acting in hers. Of course she was subtle though.

Funny thing she wore Brenda's wedding dress to the show. I don't think it worked well for either of them. The back bow is ugly and it really would be better suited on someone taller. 

C-tENFlVwAAUONU.jpg

C-tEMyQVoAAEeDo.jpg

7 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

So, they actually gave another one to Steve Burton and Bryan Craig and they actually gave one to Lexi Ainsworth.  See, this is why people don't take the Daytime Emmys seriously.

All three of them are horrid and overhyped. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

So, they actually gave another one to Steve Burton and Bryan Craig and they actually gave one to Lexi Ainsworth.  See, this is why people don't take the Daytime Emmys seriously.

God.  Take this as a sign.  Come to set, act a fool, get award.  Don't even bother acting.  You'll win awards.  

-from the GH Training Manual.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

When you have those boobs that neckline just doesn't work.

Her boobs look saggy in that dress. If they were sitting higher it would've probably looked better.  But it's really not a flattering neckline for small or big boobed women.

• Love 1

Chad and Bryan were cute. Sue me lol.

I don't think Kelly should have chosen to show as much boob as she did, fashion-wise, but she looked fine imo.

• Love 2

Eh, Kelly's boobs don't bother me. But I've always thought she has fabulous boobs.

Even though there are only 4 soaps left, it was a well done production. Better than the last few years. But GH winning for best drama? Um, NO. I mean, did they draw names out of a hat? Because otherwise, I just don't see it.

Frank can fuck all the way off with his sucking up to Mo in his acceptance speech. SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY, WE ARE FUCKING SICK TO DEATH OF HIM.

• Love 6

Just to clarify, Kelly's bamboozalinas don't bother me either. Just that dresses that have that much of a neckline, whether hers or CL's, I'm not a super fan of.

(edited)
5 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Even though there are only 4 soaps left, it was a well done production. Better than the last few years. But GH winning for best drama? Um, NO. I mean, did they draw names out of a hat? Because otherwise, I just don't see it.

What? How?  Not unless that was the equivalent of an Emmy pity fuck. I think it's kind of an insult to the other existing shows to give GH an Emmy for best drama at this point. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7
(edited)
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Just to clarify, Kelly's bamboozalinas don't bother me either. Just that dresses that have that much of a neckline, whether hers or CL's, I'm not a super fan of.

They needed more support. The dress wasn't giving her enough.

EDIT: She sure looked damn pretty with DT though. Not that it matters, they'll never pair Sam and Curtis.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Frank can fuck all the way off with his sucking up to Mo in his acceptance speech. SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY, WE ARE FUCKING SICK TO DEATH OF HIM.

With it being four soaps and all, I guess it was their turn.  

And everyone has to suck up to Maurice Benard.   It feeds his ego, makes him stronger.  I guess that shows who they value more.

Either way, these winners just prove why no one takes the Daytime Emmys seriously.

• Love 1
(edited)
14 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

With it being four soaps and all, I guess it was their turn.  

And everyone has to suck up to Maurice Benard.   It feeds his ego, makes him stronger.  I guess that shows who they value more.

Either way, these winners just prove why no one takes the Daytime Emmys seriously.

They won best show in 2016 as well.  The show they submitted for that year was from the anniversary show. I don't know what episode they submitted for this latest win?  Something involving Morgan perhaps?  

Edited by coffee drinker
(edited)

Scott Clifton won for Lead Actor?! Meanwhile, his counterpart Private Mayo is stuck in a nothing story with Kiki.

IT's nice that B&B has actually allowed its 20/30 crowd to emerge as leads on their show

Edited by Oracle42
4 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Scott Clifton won for Lead Actor?! Meanwhile, his counterpart Private Mayo is stuck in a nothing story with Kiki.

IT's nice that B&B has actually allowed its 20/30 crowd to emerge as leads on their show

It be nicer is those folks on B&B that have emerged as leads could act.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, coffee drinker said:

They won best show in 2016 as well.  The show they submitted for that year was from the anniversary show. I don't know what episode they submitted for this latest win?  Something involving Morgan perhaps?  

They won last year?  That goes to show how much I know or care.

39 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

From what I can tell, SC is the Sonny/Victor/Ryan Lavery of B&B.

• Love 1

I think B&B is much better about distributing story and time between characters.  SC ends up being more like the New Ridge. He's a wishy washy mess who is constantly in the center of a triangle and some woman somewhere is always, always pining for him

I love that GT won for Phyllis but I'm afraid that means we are not going to be rid of MSt until/unless she decides to go

2 hours ago, In2You said:

Lexi won with these incredible scenes in her reel

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

If only she'd died at the end of these scenes instead of making me wish I had.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I'm seeing something on Twitter that he also said that LA and BC basically only won because Mo was in their reels, enhancing them with his brilliance.  Just fuckin' stop, Frank! 

• Love 5
(edited)
42 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm seeing something on Twitter that he also said that LA and BC basically only won because Mo was in their reels, enhancing them with his brilliance.  Just fuckin' stop, Frank! 

He didn't even mention LA and BC by name! It the 'younger actors'.
Edited by Vera
  • Love 3

Motherfucker.

I like CL's dress, which shocked me after that monstrosity she wore to the Creative Arts awards. I'm not a fan of LW's dress. 

Most people's dresses and suits just did not fit well. It was kind of embarrassing.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, ulkis said:

@HeatLifer!! Burton won lol!!

I think Burton is decent when he tries.

And he already has one other Emmy, from 1998. 

At the risk of being jailed for bad taste (The Fashion Police are REAL, y'all! RIP Joan.), I actually kind of like LW's dress. I like the flower print. 

• Love 2

I don't mind KM's boobalicious dress, but tiny straps aren't her friend there.

LOL that LA wore one of Brenda's wedding dresses. 

11 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Scott Clifton won for Lead Actor?!

He's the first to win in the three daytime acting categories: younger, supporting, and lead. Good for him!

26 minutes ago, UYI said:

I actually kind of like LW's dress. I like the flower print. 

Same here, and it looks great on her. CL's dress is better than the last one that was posted, but she looks like she knows she could still do batter. Own it if you're going to wear it!

I can't believe BryDog won another Emmy. 

It's a lot easier to rage and cry than it is be subtle, and it's irritating the showier stuff is what usually gets rewarded. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, UYI said:

At the risk of being jailed for bad taste (The Fashion Police are REAL, y'all! RIP Joan.), I actually kind of like LW's dress. I like the flower print. 

I don't hate the skirt, but the top part is not flattering on her at all.  

(edited)
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

He's [Scott Clifton] the first to win in the three daytime acting categories: younger, supporting, and lead. Good for him!

I know these awards mean nothing, and it's extremely petty, but given how stupidly he was tossed aside by OLTL/Frank/Ron in favor of JPL and Farah Fath, Clifton's continued success makes me smile.  #schuyler4eva

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, ulkis said:

Bryan Craig should have recited Cate Blanchett's speech from Lord of the Rings.

I can't un-imagine this, now. "All shall love me and despair." 

13 hours ago, In2You said:

Her reel was horrible. Lot's of crying, shrieking, and jumping up and down. Soap acting isn't taken seriously because those who over emote are always favored. The little girl who plays Faith on Y&R showed much better acting in hers. Of course she was subtle though.

Funny thing she wore Brenda's wedding dress to the show. I don't think it worked well for either of them. The back bow is ugly and it really would be better suited on someone taller. 

C-tENFlVwAAUONU.jpg

C-tEMyQVoAAEeDo.jpg

All three of them are horrid and overhyped. 

I'm going to laugh about this all day. Good catch, IN2YOU.

• Love 6

I will never, ever understand why one EP after another has sucked up to Maurice Bernard.  It is frustrating and infuriating that this one man has so much power over a show I used to love.  As a viewer it's bad enough; but what a demoralizing, toxic work environment it must be for everyone else.  ABC sucks for letting this situation go on and on and on.

• Love 13

Actually I don't think anyone has sucked up as hard to MB as FV has. I think MB lost a lot of his influence later on. I wonder if it was because Soily was such an epic failure.