Type keyword(s) to search

Daytime Emmys: This Year, It's Actually on TV…Oops, Spoke Too Soon

• Start Topic

Sadly, I think Tequan won't get recognized because of the obvious.

I was wondering if that might work in his favor this year, what with all the talk of diversity. Plus, he can act and would actually deserve an Emmy.

• Love 2

I was wondering if that might work in his favor this year, what with all the talk of diversity. Plus, he can act and would actually deserve an Emmy.

He absolutely deserves it. It's an excellent, subtle non-showy reel. And I truly hope I'm wrong. I still don't think the other three are any competition unless it's rigged for the CBS stars to win. So like I've said, I see it as a two-person race. I'd be mildly shocked if anyone else won.

• Love 2

If they're not going to reward Alison Sweeney after 20 years, I doubt they'd care much about two young guys who have only been around a little while.

Sadly, I think Tequan won't get recognized because of the obvious.

Yeah, but Max Ehrich and Tequan Richmond are two actors that already have had prime time roles, are getting outside buzz, and will go on to better careers. Chandler Massey and Freddie Smith were supposed to as well. So was Roger Howarth when he won. If winning this award is a curse, then I'll root for BC because I can't curse a kid. Plus, BC becoming a trivia question and throwing a hissy when any of their names are mentioned in the future on social media is bound to be hilarious. Especially since he'll be a douche for gloating over beating a kid and I'm sure the other three won't care. I definitely do not think Tequan will care while he's on the set of his Showtime show. He'll be getting primetime money.

I watched them. My take is this:

Jacob Young's was actually my favorite. He's either improved as an actor or Rick Forrester is the right role for him. He showed really good range and the scenes were very well written. B&B is a Bill Bell soap, so that's not surprising. Their writing is amazing compared to the crap on GH now. It was literally a breath of fresh air to see that actual stuff happened, but I could follow along. I like that in a reel. There was good show of anger and betrayal in the first with no yelling, then sadness and heartache in the second. Never thought JY could make me feel feels. It was a long reel, but I didn't notice till after.

Steve Burton is not as orange and now displays more emotions, but it was a boring reel. I don't really get his character. I guess he got dumped for playing cards with Sharon. I do know who Sharon is. She married, like every Newman and blew up the ranch. Watch out, Steve Burton. I think Phyllis's sister dumped him. It wasn't bad, just boring. But it might win because he usually wins.

Bryton Something. The kid from Family Matters. I really liked this reel too, even if the writing was wonky. The guy seemed to be decent. But he'll get lost in the category. I have no idea what the hell those writers did to Neil either.

Sean Blakemore- I really liked his reel. He didn't have much actual acting to choose from, but he picked his two best scenes. And once again I see TRi cry, so I cried.

Dom- First half was great, second half, meh. But he didn't have much to choose from. The writing for Dante, like Shawn was total garbage.

Should be Jacob Young that wins, but will probably be Steve again.

• Love 1
Jacob Young's was actually my favorite. He's either improved as an actor or Rick Forrester is the right role for him.

JY did a much better job on AMC after he left GH, so I think he's one of those actors who really needs the right role to shine.

• Love 4

Yeah, I'd actually forgotten that he'd played JR on AMC. Mostly because I loathed Babe. JY is great at shades of gray or a kind of villain but not rreally character. Lucky was too heroish for him. I think he was my favorite JR as well. I also don't get how the actress playing Maya from B&B wasn't nominated. The B&B writers really handled that story well. I actually hope JY wins it. I got a peek at the Younger Actress reels. I watched three, and so far Ashlyn Pierce from B&B is my favorite. She's just really captivating and good. Crying child can only get you so far, and I've always found Brooklyn Rae Spitzer to be robotic. I'm just not a fan of child actors unless they actually are good, like the kid from The Room. I also liked the girl from Days.

• Love 1

Tyler's reel

Geary's reel

I wonder if it's too much to hope Geary doesn't get handed a retirement emmy. He already had a swan song emmy last year.

God, I hope not. I'm glad I saved Kristoff St John's reel for last because it was my favorite. Holy crap everything was on point. The writing, the acting, hell the editing. Note to GH- you can use people of color in leading roles. I'm posting it because I loved it so much.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=tg1Z-Vlu-No

Geary is either delusional or wanted to feature the actor playing Young Luke because he was really outacted by that guy. TC's was just struggling to cry and then yelling. Mo deserved an Emmy nom for something. I don't know how Days didn't get any Lead actor noms. I'm sure they had something, anything better than TC. Seriously, it should be between KSJ and JH because they had the genuinely best reels.

I haven't seen the reel yet, so I can't comment on the specifics. I think all of it's overblown, but whatever. It's her choice, so she can put whatever she wants in there. She wasn't going to win whether she submitted a Denise or a non-Denise scene, so I guess I really don't see the problem. 

I watched it. If she was going to put a Denise scene in, she should have put Denise/Ava on the stand imo. That was some of her best work. She did, however, showcase Michael Easton in this reel. Now I wish he'd have submitted a reel because he'd have been way more of a contender than TC. These reels make you notice actual acting. Say what you want about Easton, but he's not bad. But about the leading actress reels, I want to say Finola, but then I watched Kassie DePaiva's reel. I can't say no to hers. It's too good. She can spin crap into gold, diamond, and platinum.

• Love 7

I don't watch Days, but I wouldn't be unhappy with a KDP win.  I still feel like she was completely robbed by not even getting a nomination from her live week scenes on OLTL.  I'm pulling for either her or Finola.  

• Love 5

KDP has a hell of a reel. And the bulk of it is against A Martinez who is about a good a screen partner as you can ask for. It was their first interaction on the show but they managed to incorparate a lot of bitter history between the two of them. Frankly, I'd give it to her based on the venomous line reading of 'Too late!' 

• Love 8

Still have to watch Mary Beth Evans' reel but so far I think Kassie deserves the Emmy hands down. I don't watch Days but damn she was amazing! I thought FH was OTT in those scenes. Maura's 'deathbed' stuff was good but Kassie still gets my vote

• Love 4

Sean Blakemore (Shawn) won for Best Supporting Actor. He wasn't there to accept so Vinessa Antoine (Jordan) accepted on his behalf. I got lazy and didn't watch the reels, but I heard his was good.

• Love 3

Ugh.  Bryan Craig won in a category which was basically set up for his win.   He really had no competition.

I wonder how he reacted.  Did he run to the stage?  Did he act like a giant fool?

2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

His speech was fine, alas. Just thanking Kelly, Frank and  Mo.

And Ron. Weirdness.

Oh lord. Please don't let TG show up on the show. This picture and the hair is bad enough. And speaking of bad hair:

• Love 2

Say what you will about Roger Howarth now.  Say what you will about Franco, but it's pretty messed up af that we live in a world where Roger Howarth and Bryan Craig have the same award, where Tequan Richmond - who starred in a critically acclaimed film and tv series- lost to Bryan Craig.  It's politics af now and that's bs. 

Spoiler

• Love 5
(edited)
20 minutes ago, ulkis said:

His speech was fine, alas. Just thanking Kelly, Frank and  Mo.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PFossil/status/726936597745176577?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Let's talk about TG's hair:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Chadat3UcAA493x.jpg

I'm waiting for him to flex his dick over this on Twitter and Instagram, telling off the "haters" since he won. I think that's basically inevitable.

I love how he was looking down at his cheat sheet. Many actors do it, but Bry-Dawg probably felt like he had to stick to the script in order to avoid pissing people off.

Side note: PFossil sounds like a rap name a 45 year old soccer mom would come up with to embarrass her kids when their friends come over. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2
(edited)

GH won the Directing Team Emmy.

Also, the Daytime Emmy Twitter page tweeted out congratulations to BC for being named Outstanding Younger ACTRESS. Oops. :P

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Say what you will about Roger Howarth now.  Say what you will about Franco, but it's pretty messed up af that we live in a world where Roger Howarth and Bryan Craig have the same award, where Tequan Richmond - who starred in a critically acclaimed film and tv series- lost to Bryan Craig.  It's politics af now and that's bs. 

Reveal hidden contents

Roger Howarth won when he was Todd Manning.  So, don't bring him into the nonsense of Bryan Craig winning.   He deserved his.   Bryan Craig's win was basically set up and created for him.

Tequan Richmond is going to win a real award some day.   If his show on Showtime takes off, maybe a real Emmy.

• Love 2

Glad for Tyler! He gets lazy as hell a lot of the time but he's done a lot of good work in his 16 years on GH. And thank goodness it wasn't Tony.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

Glad for Tyler! He gets lazy as hell a lot of the time but he's done a lot of good work in his 16 years on GH. And thank goodness it wasn't Tony.

See, I'm happy for Tyler overall, I really am. But him winning made me laugh, I can't lie. He's been half-asleep for years.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

He thanked Stephen Nichols! Aaaaaaw.

And Genie, Becky, Tony, Nancy and JJ. Getting me right in the feels, Tyler. (Oh, and Nicholas Bechtel.)

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

And GH wins for best show. LMAO. For Ron's writing. It's just too funny, really. They also won for directing, forgot to mention that one.

I am drinking coffee right now, and it likely would have been all over my monitor had I been drinking it when I read this.

• Love 2
(edited)

I feel a little for DZ both his tv brothers have emmys and he doesn't lol, but I have hated everything about that story since Halloween, so honestly not too upset. If it turns out he really is leaving then I will be maybe a bit more bummed he didn't get it.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Harmony233 said:

They won for the annivesary show.

This may be a UO, but I thought that episode made ZERO sense and was just pulled out of Ron's ass when the audience figured out his Fluke crap.

I'm just like...I can't. It's absolute comedy that they won.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

They won for the annivesary show.

Which was deserved actually. But it's still just funny because the rest of the episodes were pretty much utter trash.

• Love 5

Sigh. They've destroyed so many characters and the stories they've written have been hot garbage and they've just been applauded for it. Man. That just sucks. Nothing will ever change. 

• Love 3

Joey Lutham was awesome in the anniversary episode.   I think Ron winning GH an Emmy is like saying no one wants more Sonny.  At least, I'm taking it like that. Sigh.  Kassie was robbed again.  That really hurts my heart.  She's literally the most underrated actress in soaps today.