Type keyword(s) to search

Bridgerton In Media: Bodice Ripped From the Headlines

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, GaT said:

Wow, the article doesn't say when he got sick, but 3 weeks ago he was at the Creative Arts Emmys, & he isn't wearing a mask in that photo. That's a little (OK, a lot) scary. All those behind the scenes people could be spreading covid through the entertainment industry. Being double vaccinated didn't help, so everybody showing their cards & taking the tests doesn't seem to have helped.

Yep, the Emmys did that stupid thing where they held it outdoors...but built a tent with walls, creating an enclosed space, which defeats the whole purpose of having it outdoors in the first place. So dumb. In the linked video of his win, no one is wearing masks.

https://www.emmys.com/video/2021-cae/hairstyling-period

(He closes his backstage remarks by thanking his two-year-old dog. Hopefully one of his friends gave it a new home. 😥)

Edited by TheOtherOne
On 9/25/2021 at 10:13 PM, scarynikki12 said:

It says we have to wait to 2022. 

Nooooo! I was counting on this show to get me through the festive season! That is so disappointing. Its the perfect Christmas show, too.

• Love 2

How fantastic does Kate look in that blue brigade? I am perturbed that the Featheringtons are im pale, unremarkable dresses. Boo.

The third dude in the hunting scene is someone new, right? Maybe Edwina's guy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, BetterButter said:

I am soo glad they de-poofed the guy's hair. I was wondering how they were going to make us believe the guys were sexy with those laughable hairstyles.

• Love 1
On 1/19/2022 at 8:35 PM, PatsyandEddie said:

I , for one, don’t mind seeing the Featheringtons in more subdued colours. Those garish gowns from last year were terribly unflattering. 😳 They may find suitable mates yet!

Yes, but that's the point that they're horrid, yet they can't see it. Penelope's the only one who can and suffers because of it.

• Love 1

When I saw the Featheringtons in the more normal dress, I thought that meant that the new guy in charge wants to marry 'em all off and took all control away from Mama Featherington. Will be interesting to find out.

Edited by marina to
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, marina to said:

When I saw the Featheringtons in the more normal dress, I thought that meant that the new guy in charge wants to marry 'em all off and took all control away from Mama Featherington. Will be interesting to find out.

The lot of you are blinding! No, don't smile, that's not a compliment. We're getting you all a new, normal wardrobe so I can foist you off on some suckers post haste.

• Love 4

Entertainment Weekly has an article about season 2.  The photo shoot is mostly supporting characters.  

https://ew.com/tv/bridgerton-season-2-cover-story/

There is also a video with the people from the photo shoot and Jonathan Bailey and Simone Ashley doing some call in interviews.  

Most of it is not that spoilery if you've seen the previous season but the actors in the videos do mention a few small specific tidbits of the next season.  Simone talks about an anticipated scene by book readers.

So once again, if you'd like to talk about the more specific plot points dropped, bring it to the spoiler thread.  Otherwise, more general talk can be had here, especially if you're otherwise unspoiled. 

• Love 5
On 2/7/2022 at 6:49 PM, RealHousewife said:

For those who enjoy Bridgerton in large part to how pretty it is, what other shows do you recommend?

Just started The Gilded Age on HBO Max. I'm mainly watching for the wardrobe. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I wish they would stop changing the covers of my ebooks though. I really liked the originals, dislike the ones that were autouploaded when season one came out, and don't want them to keep changing. I like to recognize my books.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Ailianna said:

I wish they would stop changing the covers of my ebooks though. I really liked the originals, dislike the ones that were autouploaded when season one came out, and don't want them to keep changing. I like to recognize my books.

I had no idea that happens with already purchased books.

1 hour ago, bijoux said:

I had no idea that happens with already purchased books.

It's up to the publisher, but many push out updates on ebooks that include the new cover.  A quick look at my Kindle library shows I am now stuck with the movie tie-in cover of The Hating Game and a really ugly new cover of Wolf Hall.  I also see the updated cover on a couple of Tessa Dare's books and a few other movie tie-in covers.  

5 hours ago, incandescent said:

I'm afraid I'm not gonna be able to tell the men apart. I had trouble enough when Anthony at least had the big sideburns and swoopy bang.

Me too. They look like triplets to me. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, incandescent said:

I'm afraid I'm not gonna be able to tell the men apart. I had trouble enough when Anthony at least had the big sideburns and swoopy bang.

They did cast men who look alike. I love the show, but it can be tricker getting into a series when you don't even know who you're watching. 

• Love 1

To me, Anthony is The Hot One, which leaves you with The Older One and The Baby-Faced One. 

Seriously, I did have some trouble at first. But the energy of the characters is so different that once the real action started I didn't have an issue. 

• Love 9

I will say - and I know this isn't the book thread, but it's not a spoiler - that the Bridgertons all looking alike is a theme straight from the books. So while it may be momentarily confusing, it is a nice nod to book readers. :)

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

Season 2 trailer-  You can discuss the contents here UNLESS you talk book knowledge.  Then take it to the book talk thread.  Thank you!

Oops.  This is the right one.  

It looks so good!!

I have to say, the costume designer knows how to dress women of color in GORGEOUS rich hues, and their makeup is FLAWLESS. 

Seems like a “Taming of the Shrew” type theme. 

• Love 10