Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: The Big Decision

• Start Topic

(edited)

Yes, the ratings for the other episode are in that thread.  It did a little better.

well that's amazing, because the second ep managed to both annoy the crap out of me and put me to sleep...

The situations and "drama" are so obviously manufactured, that it must be driving both the Browns and the producers nuts, remembering those days when they'd get 2.8 million viewers.  I'm guessing TLC isn't so concerned, as they probably realize this whole polygamy thing is probably running out of steam.  If they want to be different, how about a REAL poly situation where both the husband and wife can be in multiple relationships?

Edited by DakotaJustice

I don't know if they are real investors but the woman with the cleavage has a facebook page called the Stevie K Show.  She will have a reality show about bartenders on the CW soon.  Check out the fb page!

• Love 2

How can they seriously expect to sell joolry with the Latin word for faithful on it? They have not been faithful to one another at all. They don't even like each other.

This is an oft asked question but never answered because there just isn't a reasonable answer. Maybe since its the 'sister wives closet' and not Kodys closet... After all the women are faithful to him... He's just screwing four women.

I think they should just stop pretending to work and get on a crowd funding site--one that doesn't require a serious illness or massive natural disaster to qualify. They could tell their sad stories of fleeing imminent persecution, needing a wet bar to display snacks, wanting to add another baby to the dozens, having to plan and staff a celestial planet, needing a private college education, or whatever entitlement they can think of. The fans would send money, and the website of ugly jewelry could die a natural death. 

• Love 9

Surely the "investors" must realize that website traffic does not equate to sales, since I'd imagine much of that traffic is just people who watch the show and are curious, not interested in buying anything.  More selection will not change this.

Surely the "investors" must realize that website traffic does not equate to sales, since I'd imagine much of that traffic is just people who watch the show and are curious, not interested in buying anything.  More selection will not change this.

Nothing is going to change this... even if they manage to turn the money into a professional website with quality, fairly priced, attractive products. At this point it's too late. When you are using your 15 minutes of fame to catapult something else (a business, another tv show, speaking engagements etc) you have to get that secondary product right the first time. All the people who would have flocked to their website to buy their stuff because they are fans went there already and saw a crappy website. Nothing can undo that lost time. Their viewership is nearly non-exisitent now and even if they had pulled the quality up there aren't enough people left who don't already consider it a lost cause. 

• Love 2

I would sincerely like to do this, but if I don't it'll only be because I'm in that "over 55" age bracket and I can't remember which scenes were in which episode!

That said, to whoever said they're getting tired of seeing Meri stuffing herself into too-tight jeans, ITA.  The problem is also that they are not the right cut for her at her present weight.  She can still wear form fitting jeans, just not ones she has to paint on.  She should stick to darker colors, adopt a more forgiving, higher rise, and ditch the boot cut in favor of straight legs.  Her jeans are too fitted around the thighs and it's only exaggerating how big she is getting around the middle.  I think it's hard for some women to accept that they're getting older (and bigger) and need to revise the cut of their clothing.  I think she thinks she'll look thinner and younger if she continues to wear jeans like she wore when she was a lot thinner and in her 30s, but it's only having the opposite effect.

Meri's jeans are so tight she looks like a walking yeast infection commercial.

Did you notice Janelle's jeans on the couch sessions?  They looked new and trendy.

I don't know if they are real investors but the woman with the cleavage has a facebook page called the Stevie K Show.  She will have a reality show about bartenders on the CW soon.  Check out the fb page!

That fake investor, "Stephanie K" ("Stevie K"),  posted a couple of pics from the show and she's on there right now complaining about anonymous internet people who are "hateful evil beings" who bash people they know nothing about. She's also defending the website, ("I know for a fact that they don't have the ONLY site on the internet that goes down."):

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=722207237836775&id=448352091888959

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Stevie-K-Show/448352091888959

• Love 1

So now that we know that whole "investor" load of crap was fake, did they get any money?  If so, where did it come from - TLC?  And it sure as hell didn't go to that crappy website so how was it reakkt used?

Maybe we need a "Find the $250K" speculation thread!

• Love 3
(edited)

I think they should just stop pretending to work and get on a crowd funding site--one that doesn't require a serious illness or massive natural disaster to qualify. They could tell their sad stories of fleeing imminent persecution, needing a wet bar to display snacks, wanting to add another baby to the dozens, having to plan and staff a celestial planet, needing a private college education, or whatever entitlement they can think of. The fans would send money, and the website of ugly jewelry could die a natural death.

All they have to do is have Kody heavy up on the gob-mint persecution, the Bible, and maybe wave a flag and an automatic around---then he can say he's forming a PAC to "explore the possibility of running for office" and then sit back and watch the donations roll in. Then to keep the money coming, he could actually run for office, say something amazingly offensive, lose decisively, and become a news "commentator." Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 2

That fake investor, "Stephanie K" ("Stevie K"),  posted a couple of pics from the show and she's on there right now complaining about anonymous internet people who are "hateful evil beings" who bash people they know nothing about. She's also defending the website, ("I know for a fact that they don't have the ONLY site on the internet that goes down."):

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=722207237836775&id=448352091888959

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Stevie-K-Show/448352091888959

If I had a business  where I was given a weekly shilling platform in front of my supposed "fans", who might actually buy my product. I'd move hell and high water to make sure it does crash every.single.week  during peak time. Because people might forget to come back during less busy times, especially if they can’t get on several weeks in a row. That’s to say nothing of the general basic fact that people serious about online retail in general should know that whilst lots of sites crash, every minute a site is not up is a minute they’ve lost a sale. Bozos.

I still think that eventually (of course, they'll stretch it out as long as they possibly can just like the house buying and the Rent A Womb and of course the WET BAR ugh!) it will come out that 'the financing fell through' for some made up reason.  TLC won't fund it, at this point with the snarkers running neck and neck with the fans on the show FB page, they're going to just let the cards fall.  The Browns never intended to make $ on MSWC, it was purely set up 2 years ago as a future plot device, and that's what this season (and probably the next season after that) will be focused on, along with Janelle's purported weight loss journey (I know it wasn't the most flattering pose, but to me she just hasn't lost all that much weight for all the time she's spent on her efforts, based on the rock climbing scene.) which is starting to get to be old.

• Love 1

So the fake investor (the large woman with the dark hair at the pitch) is actually a talk show host? Never heard of her, but how bizarre of TLC to pass her off as a real investor. And how bizarre of this woman to go on the show posing as an investor. Mind you I guess she could invest her own money, but the whole stint was certainly passed off as legit, serious, investors. Minds you legit, serious investors would have laughed at the Browns' pitch and walked out.

• Love 3
This is an oft asked question but never answered because there just isn't a reasonable answer. Maybe since its the 'sister wives closet' and not Kodys closet... After all the women are faithful to him... He's just screwing four women.

I don't really see Kody as being unfaithful, because it's well known and expected that he is going to have relations with other women. They all signed up for this. He's not breaking any kind of vow. I would be more apt to describe the women as being unfaithful to each other. Of course I don't know what kind of vows, if any, they made towards each other but they certainly don't act like sisters most of the time. 

So the fake investor (the large woman with the dark hair at the pitch) is actually a talk show host? Never heard of her, but how bizarre of TLC to pass her off as a real investor. And how bizarre of this woman to go on the show posing as an investor. Mind you I guess she could invest her own money, but the whole stint was certainly passed off as legit, serious, investors. Minds you legit, serious investors would have laughed at the Browns' pitch and walked out.

It's very bizarre indeed. So what of the other "investors" in the meeting? Were they ALL fake? Surely that can't be the case, can it? But why let some impostor sit in and pretend to be one of them? 

• Love 1
o what of the other "investors" in the meeting? Were they ALL fake? Surely that can't be the case, can it?

My bet is yes, they were all fake.  What legitimate investor would a) appear on a reality show of this low caliber, b)  not fall off their chairs laughing at that Junior Achievement level presentation by the Browns, and c) give these yahoos one thin dime.

I'm voting for fake all the way.

• Love 7

I just checked that Facebook post again and someone from the Stevie K show replied to a comment:

...the question is really do you know Stevie K and what she does when she's not doing the Stevie K TV show? She is in fact part of a venture capital group that has several projects on the table right now that they are considering for funding. But being that all you're trying to do is throw dirt and talk negatively about people you wouldn't know that information. Maybe if you checked your facts before you ran your mouth, things would be a lot different.
(edited)

so Sarah Palin?

Nah.......he'd get much more in donations if he takes the "Hillary" route and goes on talk shows and whines about how dead broke he is. 

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 1
(edited)

Um hmmm....and everyone in LA is "writing a screenplay "or "in talks about several exciting projects" or is a "life coach/spokesperson/actress/model."

They call VCers "sharks" for a reason. A real potential investor would never bother being on a reality TV show that has nothing to do with making real money, let alone have a big old wounded public case of the butt hurts on Facebook.

Nor would they hand over $250k for 8% of a business that has had 500 sales of less than a hundred bucks each, and I'm being generous.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 4

do you know Stevie K and what she does when she's not doing the Stevie K TV show? She is in fact part of a venture capital group that has several projects on the table right now that they are considering for funding.

That cracked me up.

He doesn't say that she has funded projects in the past!  Maybe she's looking for her first project to fund, LOL.  What an expert!

• Love 1

Comparing these people with reality is like watching the movie Airplane! and thinking it's a documentary on Flight 93. Airplane! on its own is hilarious in its absurdity. Much like Sister Wives! is.

• Love 3

But being that all you're trying to do is throw dirt and talk negatively about people you wouldn't know that information. Maybe if you checked your facts before you ran your mouth, things would be a lot different.

Wow, that is super professional. Maybe that is why she was dumb enough to invest in MSWC.

Meri's jeans are so tight she looks like a walking yeast infection commercial.

Did you notice Janelle's jeans on the couch sessions?  They looked new and trendy.

We are a bit behind in seasons, however I have seen Janelle's pics on social media and she has lost a ton of weight and looks gorgeous. Sadly, pics of Meri looks like she found the weight janelle lost.. Meri is always in jeans and dresses in a very masculine way. She even walks like a man. Nothing attractive about her in the slightest. In fact Meri and Kody could pass for brothers.

I've heard several wives say it a time or two.  Apparently it must not be a big deal.

Which reminds me... In the episode when the RV spewed forth excrement on Kody. As Robyn opened the RV door to get out, a freezing gust of wind smacked her in the face and she yelled something, Kody was behind her and warned her about neighbours parked nearby, she shouted back .."I don't give a shit" ..ooops! Naughty girl!

Wait, so an investment by an outside group=more money so you don't have to work as hard and can have babies and have an easier life? Gee, I always thought that the bigger the business, the MORE you work, not LESS. 

The bigger the business, the more you can hire employees to run it for you, giving the family the options to work less and have babies. Not a smart option, just an

available one.

If they want to be different, how about a REAL poly situation where both the husband and wife can be in multiple relationships?

They actually can't due to the fact the Browns claim their lifestyle is faith based. Only their men are allowed multiple partners. So if their credibility

is wrecked now, just imagine if they did THAT, lol!

Edited by youcantbeserious

Ok, Hulu has this season up as Season 7. So I finally got to see the business presentation. O.M.G. They did so awful, and the speeches were very generic. Janelle gave a vague presentation and then told them to look it up in their report. So lazy. What Christine said was ridiculous about not asking for more money so they say motivated? It was like a bunch of children playing pretend. Then when the "investors" stated that was a poor thing to say, everyone told Christine otherwise. My jaw also dropped when they said they wanted nationwide retail stores. 

Ok, Hulu has this season up as Season 7. So I finally got to see the business presentation. O.M.G. They did so awful, and the speeches were very generic. Janelle gave a vague presentation and then told them to look it up in their report. So lazy. What Christine said was ridiculous about not asking for more money so they say motivated? It was like a bunch of children playing pretend. Then when the "investors" stated that was a poor thing to say, everyone told Christine otherwise. My jaw also dropped when they said they wanted nationwide retail stores. 

MSWC has next to no inventory and has a big fire sale for the Be Values stuff.  I guess Christine's prediction came true.

• Love 1