Type keyword(s) to search

Phaedra Parks: Undertaker, Esq.

• Start Topic

He's probably getting prepped for life in the big house. They have a handbook with all sorts of rules they have to follow, what they can/cannot have in their cells. He's got a lot of studying to do!

Well...more like a refresher course for him.  Been there, done that.

• Love 5

About the Phaedra situation, I have no clue of Phaedra was or was not involved. However, I know of a woman in a similar situation. Her hubby was and is a slimey thief and she is an attorney (ironic no?) Anyways, hubby stole money from a business partner and moved it into their joint account. She did not steal it herself but he has dragged her into his mess. Smart people marry losers all the time.

Also similar to Phaedra, this woman is from a very (outwardly) religious family.

About the Phaedra situation, I have no clue of Phaedra was or was not involved. However, I know of a woman in a similar situation. Her hubby was and is a slimey thief and she is an attorney (ironic no?) Anyways, hubby stole money from a business partner and moved it into their joint account. She did not steal it herself but he has dragged her into his mess. Smart people marry losers all the time.

Also similar to Phaedra, this woman is from a very (outwardly) religious family.

I might, might, might have been tempted to give Phaedra the benefit of the doubt, but that deposition has sealed the deal for me.  She knows what a deposition is, if she is an attorney she has prepared for depositions, her attorney has prepared for depositions.  She would have had some idea of the subject that would be discussed, she kept trying to fight doing the deposition, and so now that the deposition can be done, now that she has had so much time to prepare for it, you mean to tell me she magically "can't remember" anything?  If she needed to brush up her memory, she had weeks to do it.  And her doodling on a piece of paper instead of answering questions, insisting she can't remember stuff, she can't recall, she lies and then "suddenly remembers" when confronted with an exhibit that directly contradicts what she just said.  Nah, IMO, she is just a liar and a most likely a criminal, not just someone who was dragged into something. 

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 7

The most telling part was that she had to be coaxed into admitting she was "refusing to answer." The deposer needed that on record so he certify the questions and ask the judge to order them answered. She wanted her vague non answers to stand without a refusal. Bitch is beyond crooked.

• Love 3

He's probably getting prepped for life in the big house. They have a handbook with all sorts of rules they have to follow, what they can/cannot have in their cells. He's got a lot of studying to do!

I cannot imagine Apollo studying for anything unless the words are written on a stripper's butt.

They have prison handbooks?  As James Evans would say "ham mercy."

• Love 3

@ToukieSmith, I never knew it before I Googled where federal prisons in the Atlanta area were located, etc. I read through the thing, life isn't too harsh as long as you keep your cell clean.

At the one Bernie Madoff is housed they  have movie night...with popcorn!

The federal facility I visited had fairly new treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes and flat screen TV's in the common area.

I might, might, might have been tempted to give Phaedra the benefit of the doubt, but that deposition has sealed the deal for me.  She knows what a deposition is, if she is an attorney she has prepared for depositions, her attorney has prepared for depositions.  She would have had some idea of the subject that would be discussed, she kept trying to fight doing the deposition, and so now that the deposition can be done, now that she has had so much time to prepare for it, you mean to tell me she magically "can't remember" anything?  If she needed to brush up her memory, she had weeks to do it.  And her doodling on a piece of paper instead of answering questions, insisting she can't remember stuff, she can't recall, she lies and then "suddenly remembers" when confronted with an exhibit that directly contradicts what she just said.  Nah, IMO, she is just a liar and a most likely a criminal, not just someone who was dragged into something. 

I wholeheartedly agree with this assessment.  I know that lawyers sometimes make the worst clients, but dayum, girl!

Phaedra's parsing of words and evasiveness sealed it for me, too.  I'm glad to see that her opposing counsel is having none of it.  I agree that smart people make stupid decisions all the time when it comes to spouses.  But, in this instance, I suspect Phaedra was a little too smart for her own good.  Had she not sued Ms. Staunton in the first place, that little tattletale-all would have died a quiet death with no one the wiser.  Ms. Staunton would have been dismissed as a bitter ex-felon and possible jump-off who is pissed because she did the time and nobody broke her off at the end of her bid.  But, noooooo!  Phaedra just had to go and sue old girl and now all her dirty laundry is being aired for all to see.  While I have no doubt that she has no regrets about having her sons, I bet that anonymous sperm donor is looking mighty good to her right now!

• Love 7

http://www.inquisitr.com/1437538/apollo-nida-conviction-reality-of-separating-from-phaedra-parks-and-his-sons-loom/

Nida is ordered to report to a Kentucky prison on September 10 by noon, according to Radaronline. Feds are ordering the Real Housewives of Atlanta husband to surrender himself at the FMC Lexington prison in Lexington.
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1437538/apollo-nida-conviction-reality-of-separating-from-phaedra-parks-and-his-sons-loom/#RjOkhw3z8b8UWcyk.99

Bye, Felicia!

• Love 1

Well it sure didn't take long for Phaedra to find out Apollo was going to have to pay some $$$ back after the prison stint to file for divorce!  Wonder if she's going to be able to keep that new house or will she have to downsize?

If any of you are like me and have missed Apollo tweeting and interviewing, it looks like TMZ has uncovered the reason why...he is working on finishing his autobiography before he is sent off next week. 

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/05/apollo-nida-real-housewives-atlanta-prison-writing-book/

Wow, I have so many snarky thoughts its hard for me to even express them, which has left me in a state of speechlessness.  I just....can't...I want to, I mean there is so much to say....but I just....wow.

• Love 6

Which one of you is willing to take one for the team and buy the book (if it is ever released)?

Chrissytd, that is tough.  Depending on the price and availability, I would take one for the team.  Not for Apollo of course, but for the team. But I am talking bargain bin prices, lol

Buying the book is half the battle.  

You must also read the Pulitzer Prize winning masterpiece and probe into the deepest recesses of the mind of Apollo Nida.  I mean sure, thats like an inch deep, but still.  On the bright side though, you may come out with a whole new vocabulary after reading it.  

So SpringTulips I can't wait for your book report!

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 4

When it hits Dollar Tree, I'll buy it.

Does this idiot realize he won't make a penny off a book about his life, or anything else? There's this little law about not profiting from your crimes once you've been convicted, right? If there's one word in there about his life of crime, POOF!

http://criminal.lawyers.com/criminal-law-basics/crime-doesnt-pay-taking-the-profits-of-crime.html

Or maybe he's delusional enough to think he'll make up the $2 million he owes his victims? HAHAHAHAHA!!!

• Love 1

When it hits Dollar Tree, I'll buy it.

Does this idiot realize he won't make a penny off a book about his life, or anything else? There's this little law about not profiting from your crimes once you've been convicted, right? If there's one word in there about his life of crime, POOF!

http://criminal.lawyers.com/criminal-law-basics/crime-doesnt-pay-taking-the-profits-of-crime.html

Or maybe he's delusional enough to think he'll make up the $2 million he owes his victims? HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I would not be surprised if it turns out to be a coloring book.

And yes, he is just that delusional.

• Love 8

I would not be surprised if it turns out to be a coloring book.

And yes, he is just that delusional.

You are not right. 

Does his prison allow media visits?  If so, there is no need to buy the book.  He will spill all to 20/20, 48 hours, Who the #$%^ did I marry so he can stay in the limelight.  He is going to jail in 4 days and he is still trying to stay relevant.

• Love 2

You are not right. 

Does his prison allow media visits?  If so, there is no need to buy the book.  He will spill all to 20/20, 48 hours, Who the #$%^ did I marry so he can stay in the limelight.  He is going to jail in 4 days and he is still trying to stay relevant.

ha ha, I think he would  be the second guy in history to ever give an interview to "who the #$%^ did I marry"

I sure hope he does do interviews though, especially now that he is starting to realize that Phaedra may not be standing by him....

• Love 2

APOLLO NIDA RHOA @apollonida03     ·   Sep 5   

GOOD MORNING TO ALL!! YES EVEN TO THE NEGATIVE ONES.. THANKS 4 ALL THE  SUPPORT & KIND WORDS. WE MUST LEARN TO HAVE A LIGHT HEART

Apollo must have made a lot of progress on his book because he did find time to tweet yesterday.  Sending a greeting EVEN TO THE NEGATIVE ONES, lol. That would include me!

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 2

And why would we want him to?

At one time I would look at my husband and say to myself "geesh, this guy really is half idiot", but now I can look at him and say " At least he's not Apollo"!

Thanks Apollo! You've increased my husband's value tenfold. Don't ever change.

• Love 11

Nida’s last few days have being spent filming for RHOA Season 7 and getting his affairs in order so that he will have opportunities available to him when he is released. His time has also been spent reflecting on his life choices as he tells his personal story. Although he was hoping to spend his last few days enjoying time with his boys, he has been unable to see them.

So that he will have opportunities available to him when he is released? Does this interviewer realize the man owes $2 million in restitution?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellypope/2014/09/10/miseducation-of-apollo-part-2/

Then.... there's this

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/10/apollo-nida-prison-partying-phaedra-parks-rhoa/

No strippers for 8 years. Gotta get those lap dances in.

How does divorce go when one of the parties is in prison? Apollo is screwed on everything - especially custody and especially since his wife is a lawyer.

Eagerly anticipating Juviality: From Convict to Con Man and Back Again - My Story by Apollo Nida.

• Love 6

He still hasn't turned himself in....This is PRICELESS.

Oh, Apollo, no words...except maybe juvial.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/10/apollo-nida-prison-phaedra-parks-real-housewives-of-atlanta-arrest-warrant/

But apparently he got cold feet ... because we're told he pulled up to the home of his wife, "Real Housewives of Atlanta" star Phaedra Parks and went nuts because Phaedra refused to put money in his prison account while he was locked up. She also refused to bring their kids to prison to visit him and that caused him to lose it.

We're told Nida forced his way inside and started screaming at Phaedra, "What the f*** is the matter with you," adding, "I don't give a f*** about the police, call them, I dare you."

An eyewitness tells TMZ ... he was demanding property and went inside the master bedroom and starting putting stuff in a big bag. 

Fortunately for Bravo ... we're told RHOA cameras were rolling and got the whole thing.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/10/apollo-nida-prison-phaedra-parks-real-housewives-of-atlanta-arrest-warrant/#ixzz3Cx0bVZON

Like a big bear hug from baby jeebus, right there in bold.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 9

Juvial is right! This is too good. I can't believe what I'm reading! And for once - the cameras are there to capture something real and something good!

Now he's apparently AWOL. Can Dog the Bounty Hunter go get him and capture that on film, too?!

• Love 3

Honestly, I feel badly for Phaedra but relieved the Bravo crew was there filming.  Who knows what he would be capable of if he was that pissed off?

And expecting her to fund his books?  Ahahahahahaha, buddy, she didn't show up at your sentencing.  Pretty sure she's not inclined to fund your stay at Club Fed.

On the other hand, I think Phaedra's had it with him.  Maybe he should be thankful Bravo was there filming.  Phaedra could have put a cap in his ass in self-defense if there were no witnesses.

I knew he was a bonehead, but I never envisioned he was quite this...juvial.

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 3

He still hasn't turned himself in....This is PRICELESS.

Oh, Apollo, no words...except maybe juvial.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/10/apollo-nida-prison-phaedra-parks-real-housewives-of-atlanta-arrest-warrant/

Like a big bear hug from baby jeebus, right there in bold.

I share in your joy, Persnickety. I don't think we saw that gold coming! Gold, I tell ya! Thank u bravo for capturing that particular series of events! Bravo indeed. Please, Jesus, let no legalities of any kind prevent them from what will surely be a shining moment in RHOA history. There is no way in hell that will not be glorious entertainment. Going to coordinate what I'm wearing on the hell train.
  • Love 3

Guys - Tamara Tattles (blog) is reporting that the TMZ story is totally fake. It says Apollo arrived at the federal prison in KY at 12:35 PM today (a half hour late, but he's there). He was never at the house today (in Atlanta), and he's not AWOL. Again, according to her "spies on the ground," the police were at Phaedra's house because of a malfunctioning alarm, and left after 5 minutes. I knew it was too good to be true!

we're told he pulled up to the home of his wife, "Real Housewives of Atlanta" star Phaedra Parks and went nuts because Phaedra refused to put money in his prison account while he was locked up

^^ I CANNOT stop laughing...

• Love 5