Type keyword(s) to search

Phaedra Parks: Undertaker, Esq.

• Start Topic

I read in various online sites about a month ago that Phaedra was ordered to sit for her deposition in her case against Angela Stanton  by August 3rd.  I wonder if it has already happened, is happening now, or if its been delayed.  I cant find any updated info.  Anyone know?

I can't wait to hear news of this either. Phae has 2 more days to comply! Although, she is hella smart and really good at slithering out of these things. I'm sure she thought that simply filing suit would shut Angela up and didn't expect it to go this far - which is why she's been ducking and dodging this deposition for a year. That only tells me that she has something to hide and Angela is probably telling the truth. It was stupid of Phae to even file the suit because she gave it publicity, so now more people are interested in checking for the book.

Even I (who is not a Phae fan) thought Angela was a liar who was either a jilted lover mad that Apollo chose Phae or trying to come up on the back of Phae's reality fame, but now with Phae running scared of this deposition, Phae's actions make me believe Angela. We shall see in 2 days time!

Randomness: I see Apollo grew out his beard. I wonder if he did it to be less pretty going to jail.

Edited by WimminWinning

Honestly don't think Phaedra has any thoughts at all about the Angela issue.  She appears to be on her book tour and not letting any of the Apollo or Angela mess bother her.  She has to think only about her boys and how to keep them safe and worry free.

Honestly don't think Phaedra has any thoughts at all about the Angela issue. She appears to be on her book tour and not letting any of the Apollo or Angela mess bother her. She has to think only about her boys and how to keep them safe and worry free.

Really? She's a poser and she will always be one. Brazen it out is the only way, so she does that.

She's not dumb enough not to be worried.

• Love 1

So Apollo received an 8 year sentence.  Wow!! Wonder what Phaedra's gonna do now? Stand by her man for 8 freaking years or just go ahead and get a divorce? Will her preacher parents agree to this?

Honestly don't think Phaedra has any thoughts at all about the Angela issue

I think Phaedra has thought lots about the Angela issue which is why she did not show up for depositions previously.  No one is reporting on what's going now that she was ordered by the judge to have her deposition taken by Aug 3.  My guess is she is trying to settle with Stanton on her counterclaims, which would be odd because Phaedra was the original plaintiff.  Stanton's motion for summary judgment stated that Phaedra wanted to drop her lawsuit and therefore not have to take a deposition. Once Stanton added her counterclaims it seems it was too late for Phaedra to drop the matter all together.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 2

According to Tamara Tattles Phaedra has been deposed in June  but refused to answer most questions about Apollo and her knowledge/participation, financial benefit from his criminal activities. I think Tamara stated that James Radford , angela's attorney filed another motion to compel and the end result of that is that Phaedra must again be deposed. I think I got that right. If I am understanding this correctly the Judge has ordered Phaedra to sit for a second deposition. If what Tamara Tattles is reporting is correct. There is absolutely no way in hell that Phaedra was ignorant of what Apollo was involved in. I personally believe that she was involved as well. I read Angela Stanton's book and everything I read and what Phaedra has shown me about her character , mostly at the reunions but also in her talking heads seems to me to make me feel like Angela is telling the truth.

• Love 2

grethchenfetchen juicy indeed. 

Credit to Tamara Tattles

I am just getting started but had to stop with Stanton's attorney saying Phaedra must answer questions regarding her relationship with Apollo.

This line of questioning is closely related to Parks’ claim for damages, since her very public marriage to, and business partnership with , a man with multiple convictions for felony financial crimes obviously has an impact on her reputation separate and apart from any damage thereto caused by Stanton’s book.”

Edited by SpringTulips

Q. Okay, you don’t think that your husband’s involvement in numerous financial crimes is relevant to the question of whether a reasonable person could believe that you are also involved in those crimes?
A. No it is not.

Question and  answer from the deposition, could not get it to link to me previous post. Tamara Tattles credit

So Phaedra showed up but refused to answer most questions

This refusal to answer questions is the latest instance of Parks’ abusive and bad faith conduct in this litigation. She has filed a frivolous lawsuit against Defendant Stanton, used her wealth to stifle the publication of Stanton’s truthful narrative, and then refused the basic obligation of any litigant to fully participate in the discovery process. Parks apparently believes she is above the law, even in her own lawsuit. She must be compelled to fully cooperate in her deposition, and her conduct must be sanctioned. The credibility of the civil discovery process is very much at stake here.”

Edited by SpringTulips

I hope Bravo doesn't invite Phaedra back. She's been fake from Day One - being "uncertain" about Ayden's due date, pretending her business arrangement of a marriage was the real thing, looking down her nose at the other housewives while hiding her filthy hands behind her back. When she began studying for her funeral license I thought that her law license might be in danger. I ALSO thought that many areas have the funeral home send in death documents to the state. If proof of death never makes it to the proper authorities, benefits like social security and pensions may still arrive monthly--as long as they're routed to a different address.

Phaedra is just as bad as Apollo if she thought her misdeeds wouldn't come to light. I've watched people on boards just like this dig up info on reality stars all day long. She had to know that the IRS and law enforcement probably watch these shows closely (NJ's Giudices can attest to that). Criminals and the personality-disordered always believe they're smarter than everyone else. That's why they're so bold. It's also why they usually get caught.

I wonder if Peter will be next. His businesses always have a whiff of stank on 'em. Poor Cynthia.

• Love 3

Honestly, I don't even think about whether or not Bravo should invite Phaedra back, what I don't understand is why SHE would want to come back. This case majorly backfired on her and especially in light of that pathetic deposition, she is going to be investigated by the feds, so why not just get out of the public eye? She should've tried to settle with Angela and dropped the lawsuit. The smartest thing from the beginning would've been to let the book come out dismiss it as rubbish tabloid fodder and move on. Now that all the stuff with Apollo has come out, plus the way she's dodging her own lawsuit it just screams guilt. I don't think it will be fast, but I imagine within the next 18 months she'll be in the same trouble as Apollo and the Gudice's.

• Love 1

Honestly, I don't even think about whether or not Bravo should invite Phaedra back, what I don't understand is why SHE would want to come back. This case majorly backfired on her and especially in light of that pathetic deposition, she is going to be investigated by the feds, so why not just get out of the public eye? She should've tried to settle with Angela and dropped the lawsuit. The smartest thing from the beginning would've been to let the book come out dismiss it as rubbish tabloid fodder and move on. Now that all the stuff with Apollo has come out, plus the way she's dodging her own lawsuit it just screams guilt. I don't think it will be fast, but I imagine within the next 18 months she'll be in the same trouble as Apollo and the Gudice's.

From your mouth to God's ear.

• Love 1

what I don't understand is why SHE would want to come back.

I think its part megalomania and part cash-strapped.  Who would give this woman money to provide any kind of services for them? Apparently she is touring trying to sell her book.  (Did not know she wrote a book)  There may be loot somewhere that she cant touch now with this cloud around her.  Angela's attorney was questioning her about her involvement with Nida Fitness for some reason.  He actually caught her lying about that in the depo.  The judge is not going to be happy.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 1

If not for the existence of her children I wonder if Phaedra regrets marrying Apollo. She's all about appearances so she has to know that it only takes the appearance of impropriety for folks to begin doubting your integrity. She may have felt pressured/shamed by her family by having Ayden out of wedlock, but how would that decision have affected her in the community? Is Atlanta so close knit that an independent single woman would have a hard go of it if she decides to raise a child alone? This is a sincere question, by the way.

I just feel like it might have been better for her career and quality of life to have been a single mother from the beginning. She was older, could definitely afford to care for any child's needs, and other than what she wanted to tell her family, her decision would have been no one's business but her own.

Now she's an attorney who knowingly married an ex con. An ex-con who re-offended as soon as he got out. I'm not surprised (given her client list and watching her receive money in a parking lot) but what does shock me is that Phaedra doesn't appear to have thought this through. Apollo appears to have some *quality* that makes the normally smart, canny Phaedra to lose her mind. Hmm.

Since she's gone into entertainment, though, my misgivings probably don't matter. Even if no one takes her seriously as an attorney again or trusts her to manage their loved one's funeral, I know she'll find a way to bounce back. I respect that about her. I just wish I'd gotten to see more of that Phaedra--the real, scrappy, determined woman I know lurks beneath that mask of fake gentility.

• Love 3

I think she married Apollo because she wanted to be married to Apollo. I recall her first season when she went on and on about their names, Greek gods, etc., her kid's a "prince," and so forth. She seems to have genuinely liked the guy and he was surface presentable, as well as points for "lifting him up" from his past.

It's pretty clear that she could have been a single parent; Kandi's career didn't suffer from her single parenthood.

Phaedra throws out so much unadulterated BS that it's hard to know where the real P begins. Don't know who she's trying to impress. She never made a dent with me; phony as a three dollar bill from the git!

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 5

The entire deposition is posted here.  Deposition begins around page 23 of the 74.

http://www.realitytvscandals.com/court-and-legal-documents/court-documents-phaedra-parks-vs-angela-stanton/phaedra-parks-vs-angela-stanton-phaedra-parks-deposition/

Angela's attorney Radford is no joke.

Too much to say about Phaedra's evasiveness, lying, forgetfulness, lack of preparation to the point I am speechless. 

Using the words of Judge Judy, did she think she was coming to a tea dance? 

Better yet, Dwight...how dreadful.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 2

The entire deposition is posted here.  Deposition begins around page 23 of the 74.

http://www.realitytvscandals.com/court-and-legal-documents/court-documents-phaedra-parks-vs-angela-stanton/phaedra-parks-vs-angela-stanton-phaedra-parks-deposition/

Too much to say about Phaedra's evasiveness, lying, forgetfulness, lack of preparation to the point I am speechless. 

She is truly slimy.  That deposition tells me all I need to know about her.  I thought I could have some nugget of respect for her as a person, but based on that deposition, there is no respect.  She doesn't agree she is a public figure, she acts like child doodling when someone is asking her a question?  She thinks she is being slick, but she lies about stupid shit and ends up looking like a slimy moron. If she comes out of this with her bar card intact the GA Bar Association should be ashamed of itself.

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 3

It's hardly a surprise that PP is slimy as a bag of snakes dipped in horse manure. What an exhibition.

LOL @ as slimy as a bag of snakes dipped in horse shit.  Pretty much.  I knew she was sneaky after the whole Cythia "let me attempt to deny I curse when I'm cursing on this voice mail" but this is much lower than I ever thought she would sink.  Absolutely disgusting.  Those poor boys.

Edited by RealityGal

She is truly slimy.  That deposition tells me all I need to know about her.  I thought I could have some nugget of respect for her as a person, but based on that deposition, there is no respect.  She doesn't agree she is a public figure, she acts like child doodling when someone is asking her a question?  She thinks she is being slick, but she lies about stupid shit and ends up looking like a slimy moron. If she comes out of this with her bar card intact the GA Bar Association should be ashamed of itself.

I'd like to know how she ever passed the bar in the first place because she comes across like an idiot in that deposition.  At one point the opposing counsel even asked her if she was a speaker of the English language.  She also says she has about 30 clients which doesn't seem like much.  She has no idea where or when she met anybody, including her own husband. She has no idea that she is listed as an officer of such-and-such corporation or how her name got on the papers filed with the state.  She doesn't know how much money she makes or from what sources.  You can ask her accountant, but she doesn't know his full name or address---just "Charles".  When shown a photo of her holding Angela Stanton's child, she will only concede that "it looks like her".

I also find it interesting that Phaedra worked for Geico for a number of years in the claims department and such, where she might have found out a lot about car titles and things.  Just interesting.

Edited by technorebel
  • Love 5

So she said that half era income is from her law practice and half from RHOA but she doesn't know how much she earns in her practice. So she has staff that she has to pay but she doesn't know how much she earns. What a bold face lie. If she doesn't know how much she earns - seriously - how does she know that it is half. Her answers don't make sense.

• Love 3

I also find it interesting that Phaedra worked for Geico for a number of years in the claims department and such, where she might have found out a lot about car titles and things.  Just interesting.

I found this tidbit interesting as well.  She also had access to fraud cases that could be used as a tutorial for what works and what does not.  She would be privy to what types of cases the company writes off because the amount of the theft is not worth pursuing.

• Love 2

Phaedra may be slimy and was definitely stupid to marry Apollo, but I do not think she would risk the wrath of her parents and losing her children by participating in her husband's criminal activities. She may have turned a blind eye to what he was up to, but I don't think she was an active participant or asking for any details. That's probably why she refused to accept the fancy car he bought for her.

• Love 1

Phaedra may be slimy and was definitely stupid to marry Apollo, but I do not think she would risk the wrath of her parents and losing her children by participating in her husband's criminal activities. She may have turned a blind eye to what he was up to, but I don't think she was an active participant or asking for any details. That's probably why she refused to accept the fancy car he bought for her.

I wanted to believe that about Phaedra, too, but there are too many curious circumstances and coincidences swirling around her.  As far as the risks go, there is a certain type of criminal that thinks they will never get caught because they're far too clever.  I think Phaedra falls into this category.  We won't ever know for sure, though, unless the Feds go after her. 

She certainly didn't make herself look good during this deposition, behaving as if she has a great deal to hide.  I could understand the attitude if Phaedra has been dragged into a lawsuit against her will, but it was her lawsuit.  She was the one filing suit against Stanton and should have been eager to show just how she has been damaged by Stanton's book.

Edited by technorebel
  • Love 2

Has the link to the transcript been removed? I've spent 30 minutes on that website clicking links that I thought were taking me to the transcript. I am only seeing excerpts. TamaraTattles also appears to be only posting excerpts a little at a time.

Has the link to the transcript been removed?

It looks like they did some rearranging to make comments about parts of the deposition and have not put the entire court docs back up on the site.  Maybe they will put it back up because there are links to it that just aren't working right now.

On top of Angelas attorney being very thorough with his research, he was also very detailed with the questions.....   Does Apollo have only one testicle?  Phaedra, tell me about your freak number on RHOA,.  Cant exactly quote now because the deposition is down.  Oy.

I especially loved how he busted her about implying Angela was trying to extort money from her.

Phaedras attorneys didn't say much.  I have been in depositions where  lawyers object and then tell their client to go ahead and answer anyway because they want to know every detail as well.  The objectionable stuff would not be allowed in court.

I don't think Phaedras attorneys even objected to the questions she refused to answer.  How is that going to work for her at trial?  A plaintiff who refuses to testify.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 1

I go back and forth.  At the very least, she cosigned his behavior.  Its hard for me to believe that she did not know about his activities.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 2

I think criminals rarely think about the repercussions of their actions.  She was straight up lying in that deposition, I remember one about AS not being in her office or her kids not being in her office and BOOM! there is a picture.  If you can't tell the truth about little things that don't even matter, then it stands to reason that you're perfectly willing to lie about the big things that can get you into trouble.

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 3

I don't think Phaedras attorneys even objected to the questions she refused to answer.  How is that going to work for her at trial?  A plaintiff who refuses to testify.

I remember reading that in a civil case, a jury can construe a failure to respond against the person who refuses to testify.  Because a plaintiff has the burden of proof, I think it would be tough going for Phaedra as a plaintiff, but I think AS also has a lawsuit against her, and her failure to respond can be construed against her to find her liable for civil harm to AS.

I wanted to believe that about Phaedra, too, but there are too many curious circumstances and coincidences swirling around her.  As far as the risks go, there is a certain type of criminal that thinks they will never get caught because they're far too clever.  I think Phaedra falls into this category.  We won't ever know for sure, though, unless the Feds go after her. 

She certainly didn't make herself look good during this deposition, behaving as if she has a great deal to hide.  I could understand the attitude if Phaedra has been dragged into a lawsuit against her will, but it was her lawsuit.  She was the one filing suit against Stanton and should have been eager to show just how she has been damaged by Stanton's book.

When she started to try to say that she wasn't a public figure you could tell that she does think she is too clever and too slick.  I hope the Feds go after her.  Apollo called it a "diposition"  you can't tell me that was the brains behind the operation, not even in all juviality.  She is the one that filed suit and appears to have no evidence of how exactly her reputation has suffered.

• Love 3

Apollo has not been deposed by James Radford so I am not sure what he was talking about. He also said that he is the "key" Hmmmmmmmmm. Phaedra was asked if she had introduced Apollo to Angela and she said no. But Apollo gave an interview and said that he knew Angela. I am thinking that maybe when the Feds deposed Apollo they asked him about Angela.

• Love 1

Apollo has not been deposed by James Radford so I am not sure what he was talking about. He also said that he is the "key" Hmmmmmmmmm. Phaedra was asked if she had introduced Apollo to Angela and she said no. But Apollo gave an interview and said that he knew Angela. I am thinking that maybe when the Feds deposed Apollo they asked him about Angela.

Um...I think the word you're looking for is "diposition" or "disposition" because I believe that is what they quoted Apollo as calling it.  Which I thought was just special.  :)

• Love 2

Um...I think the word you're looking for is "diposition" or "disposition" because I believe that is what they quoted Apollo as calling it. Which I thought was just special. :)

It was downright juvial.

That is my favorite Apolloism. :)

• Love 2

But Apollo gave an interview and said that he knew Angela

And according to Phaedra, it just so happens by coincidence I suppose that one of Apollo's groomsmen at the wedding, Eric I believe (who it seems was picked up at a halfway house to attend the wedding) was indicted along with Angela for the car theft schemes.

• Love 1

The one she is selling is one she has owned since the early 2000's, 02 or there around. I saw the headline but didn't read the article.

liquidating assets....interesting, I wonder if she is going to start trying to hide money

• Love 1

Damn I got a headache from trying to read through that disposition, wading through all of Phaedra's "I don't recall" answers in all its forms. I love how the lawyer called Phaedra out on her "possibly" and "possibly not" answers. He said "well anything is possible, I need an answer".

Did she think she was being slick? Her refusal to cooperate should result in disciplinary action with the bar, AFAIC.

• Love 5