Type keyword(s) to search

Phaedra Parks: Undertaker, Esq.

• Start Topic

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Will Apollo protect his wife and claim that she knew nothing? I can't see him doing that unless she promises to stand by him and send money while he's in prison. Things are expensive in prison. The little things that make life more comfortable are pricey at the commissary. I was surprised how much things cost that we, on the outside, could purchase for much less at a store.

The only thing is whether or not the feds will go after Phaedra.

(edited)

Everything just seems too close to home for this not to affect Phaedra at all. I would think at the very least there will be (or have been/ongoing) investigations of bank accounts/resources etc. It just seems too extreme for there to have been absolutely NO comingling of funds in a 4 year marriage. I get separate accounts etc, but at least one shared one for household bills, credit cards, something. On top of that, there is the fact that she was around before/during/after his first bid for the exact same type of crime. I would think that a nosy/suspicious investigator or AUSA would definitely find reason to take a closer look at her. There is no way that I can see that she is coming out of this completely unscathed. Even if she is found to have her hands clean, it's got to be a very long and messy process. 

Basic facts:

There before/during his issues with same crimes

Also involved with other financial crime perpetrators (his brother, A. Stanton)

Married (therefore automatic investigation of funds)

Attorney (character and fitness implications, basic assumption of investigators/prosecutors that she should be intelligent/discerning enough to realize a man felon with no official job shouldn't have unaccounted for cash)

Incorporated at least one business for him with her as an officer

Joint financials (Donkey booty videos etc)

Oh, Phaedra is getting poked and prodded. Believe that. Even if Apollo doesn't rat on her. Which I can easily see him doing if he doesn't get his way/money on his books etc.

Edited by sunsheyen
(edited)

I remember reading on a couple of tabloid gossip sites that there were whispers around Atlanta that Phaedra herself had pulled the final trigger, so to speak, on Apollo when she found out about his mistress and that she'd been played for a fool.  If I recall correctly, there was speculation that she knew Apollo was under surveillance and made the investigation a little easier.

I have no idea whether that rumor is true, obviously, but if it were the case, I wonder if Phaedra could have cut herself a sweet deal in the process of rolling over on Apollo.

I'm curious to see what happens after the sentencing.  I don't think Phaedra will immediately hop off the supportive, loving wife train.  I think we'll probably see a single mom Phaedra on the next season with lots of references to Apollo "being away."

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 1

I remember reading on a couple of tabloid gossip sites that there were whispers around Atlanta that Phaedra herself had pulled the final trigger, so to speak, on Apollo when she found out about his mistress and that she'd been played for a fool.  If I recall correctly, there was speculation that she knew Apollo was under surveillance and made the investigation a little easier.

I have no idea whether that rumor is true, obviously, but if it were the case, I wonder if Phaedra could have cut herself a sweet deal in the process of rolling over on Apollo.

I'm curious to see what happens after the sentencing.  I don't think Phaedra will immediately hop off the supportive, loving wife train.  I think we'll probably see a single mom Phaedra on the next season with lots of references to Apollo "being away."

Ooh, interesting! Ok, I can certainly see Phaedra as a vengeful person, getting him sent away. The only question I would have regarding that rumor is what was her involvement. She certainly seems smarter than Apollo, and I would think she would have a bigger role, so there would be no reason for authorities to get a smaller fish and keep her free. Also, I can't see AUSAs and the feds letting a lawyer/celebrity go. They are really all about making sure celebs pay the same price as regular folk, especially after years of public grumbling. In addition, there is the ethics portion of being a member of the bar which would have to be addressed if she had some involvement that she admitted to roll over on him.

Maybe she actually had nothing to do with it, therefore no deal, but did pull the trigger. Not only would affairs be something to piss her off, she might have just gotten sick of his hateful and abusive (I'm not saying physical, yet) ways. He has a nasty mouth and ugly attitude. What better way to be rid of him? No unseemly divorce, this would excuse it, because a good Christian upstanding woman cannot be married to a felon. Reduce the possible embarrasment of a side chick coming forward. Get rid of a financial leech. Win-win, especially since she's still playing the dutiful wife role, I'd guess she'd rather be called stupid or naive than a sugar momma freak who knowingly hooked up with a crook. I can definitely see that happening, but I still think there would be some kind of probing into their (her) financials.

I want to see what comes of his agreement to testify. Will there be other "celebrity" names associated? Like mentioned before, Peter is just shifty (and thinks very highly of his intelligence) enough to try some stuff like that. Even if it's shell businesses or something instead of taking directly from individuals, he just never quite seems on the up and up. 

I always pictured Phaedra as one of those wives on "Snapped."  Her angle:  Christian [cough! cough!] church-going good girl hooks up with bad boy felon, whom she believed had changed his trifling ways.  However, he caused her to snap, and it is believed she disposed of his remains at her mortuary before an autopsy could be performed.  Her poison of choice?  Antifreeze, which looks like lime Kool-Aid.  And, we all know that Apollo is dumb enough to drink the stuff full strength without thinking about how weird it tastes.

Frankly, I hope people have enough sense to think twice before using her legal or mortuary services given her connection to known identity thieves, as well as the information and belief (yet to be proven false) that she was the mastermind.

From what I have read here and there, JP Morgan Chase Bank alerted the Feds to Gayla St. Julien aka Pollo's right hand bitch when she was opening multiple accounts and depositing checks into them and withdrawing cash. She , in turn, flipped on Apollo and wore a wire when she met with him and conversed with him about their respective business and by that I mean thievery. This gave them all they needed to arrest him, seize his auto and laptop (containing much more information about his dummy corporations) so I really don't think Phaedra got him busted out of jealousy. She sued A. Stanton thinking she could stop publication of her book and use the court to silence her. What Phaedra didn't count on was the attorney who came to Angela's defense. He is working probably on a contingency fee and he is one of the good guys. See Phaedra thought Angela would run out of money to pay her legal fees and have to settle with Phaedra. I have seen unscrupulous attorneys use the court system this way before against someone. I would love to know how that case is going, is it over? From what I understand Phaedra is somehow dodging being deposed and Angela's attorney filed a motion for sanctions against Phaedra. First a motion to compel and then one for sanctions. That is when Phaedra's attorney withdrew from the case because sanctions mean a fine against his law firm. Anyone know how that case is going? I think everything is coming down on Phaedra's head now and I think it might get very interesting.

(edited)

I haven't seen much information on this case.  I did not know that Phaedra's attorney withdrew.  It would make sense if the attorney quit because most lawyers like for their clients to be deposed to avoid being embarrassed with surprises later on.  The court could come down hard on her for refusing to be deposed.  She seems more and more shady.

Edited by SpringTulips

“I think Phaedra, in a perfect world, should be supportive as a wife should be...But if she chooses to derail from the plan, then that's what she chooses to do,” he said. “Apollo is prepared for whatever happens in life. Whatever's been thrown at me, I deal with it. I would like to say I would want her to stay around and do what a wife should do. But tomorrow’s not promised."

IDK, seems like some undertones there. "Derail from the plan?" And more of the Apollo is his own man crap. Like,"I can handle it, let do this." Kind of threat sounding to me, but maybe I'm reading more into it than there really is.

It seems that Apollo is staying off the radar a little more recently, according to http://tamaratattles.com/2014/06/22/um-yall-where-is-apollo-nida/#more-11044 . About damn time. I hadn't seen http://www.tamaratattles.com/2014/05/30/all-the-tea-on-apollos-upcoming-deposition-phaedra-needs-to-bring-the-receipts-too/# which lists the requirements for financial disclosures that include Phaedra's records too, not just joint! I knew she was going to get some serious scrutiny too, just hope for the boys' sakes that she is clean.

(edited)

I think she is or, at the very least, is the brains behind Apollo's criminal enterprise. The whole scheme just sounds kind of complicated. Too much so for him to mastermind it.

Well, someone has to be the brains, and you've heard Apollo speak - you know it couldn't possibly be him.

You know - now that I think about it, I wonder if the timing of her interest in the mortuary business wasn't well timed.  If she feels like she might lose her law license she might have wanted to have a back up career.  And I think most any bar association will sanction someone hard for fraud that involves money.

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 2
(edited)

Well, my oh my, Miss Parks, put on your Sunday best and get ready for a little court-ordered sip-and-see (of reportedly fraudulent documents, that is)...

http://realitywives.net/blogs/judge-orders-phaedra-parks-to-sit-for-deposition/

Phaedra Parks can run from the law, but she can’t hide! After months of dodging requests to take a deposition in her ongoing defamation lawsuit, Radar Online.com has learned that the Real Housewives of Atlanta star has been slapped with a court order stipulating that she must sit for the interview within 45 days — or face the wrath of a judge!

I have a feeling this is going to get very interesting indeed....  

Edited by Persnickety1
(edited)

Between this new development, Apollo's sentencing which is now just mere days away, the Guidices looming sentencing, and Lisa and Ken's Vanderpump recently being named personally responsible (out of their own finances, not Villa Blanca) to pay for the workplace harassment claims and all of the legal fees, Andy must seriously be wanking himself comatose every night.

Although I have to say, as far as titillation goes, nothing for me will beat those dastardly Salahis and their sneaking into the White House and being blasted all over CNN.  I about laughed myself into a seizure over that one.

I wonder what it is about these people engaging in criminal activities who appear to honestly, truly believe they'll never be suspected, much less caught.

Maybe I'll tweet Apollo and ask him.  Yeah, he should be forthcoming with an answer.  

“I try to stay focused on a higher power and know that there is a God, and know that something else is guiding me. Psychologically they say that your upbringing will make you who you are, but why can’t I pull out the positive out it.”

http://www.allabouttrh.com/apollo/

Yes, Apollo, and in your case that "something else" guiding you would be the stank of ill-gotten gold.

C'mon, July 8th and Phaedra's deposition!  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 3

Oh I can't wait for WWHL! DVR already set. Andy won't be able to control himself. At least I hope not! I know it would never happen, but oh to have Apollo on a live feed--how much juviality would that put in my heart?

• Love 2

I am so mad at that sketch artist in your link, Persnickety1! Was (s)he just terrible or took liberties to magnify the miserable situation? It reminds me of the exaggerated work in political cartoons. Oh, i want to know NOW the fate. I guess we will just watch what happens!

As Apollo Nida's sentencing date draws near – as in TOMORROW! – he is not holding back.Apparently the soon-to-be-former Real Housewives of Atlanta star has the opposite strategy of Teresa Giudice, who has been keeping a low (and mum) profile to prepare for her sentencing. Apollo, on the other hand, has been giving countless interviews discussing his situation and focusing on drama. But perhaps since Apollo is facing up to 30 years in prison he just has nothing to lose. “I’m cool, just trying to keep everything in stride. I’m just waiting to get an update from my attorney."  Although Apollo admits he is relying on others to get him through – no word on whether or not reportedly estranged wife Phaedra Parks is in that category! “Support is definitely needed,” Apollo admits. “I appreciate everyone [reaching out].”

One person who Apollo is disappointed in is Peter Thomas. His former bestie joked in an interview that Apollo is “as well as someone who is getting ready to go to jail [could be]!”

"At this time, I don’t have time to waste to get into what he was saying,” Apollo told Radar Online. “I didn’t really think he would count me out like that. I haven’t even been sentenced yet.”

“I talk to him, I just didn’t think he would have anything to say. I guess it doesn’t surprise me,” Apollo acknowledges. Ouch. Apollo has also been spending some of his remaining free days with Todd Tucker. At the strip club, of course. I suppose if ever there is a time when a man needs to appreciate a strip club…

And Phaedra was recently on vacation with Kandi Burruss. If your husband was headed to the slammer for decades would you be spending time on a vacation away from him? To me that only adds credence to the rumors that the couple is all but divorced. 

Tomorrow Apollo receives his sentence unless his court date is rescheduled at the last-minute. Reality Tea will be updating you on the information.

http://www.realitytea.com/2014/07/07/apollo-nida-prepares-for-sentencing-slams-peter-thomas-for-counting-him-out/

Well, Apollo, you have about 24 hours before sentencing.  I don't know about "support," but I'll definitely be hoping that you get exactly what you deserve.  

I am so mad at that sketch artist in your link, Persnickety1! Was (s)he just terrible or took liberties to magnify the miserable situation? It reminds me of the exaggerated work in political cartoons. Oh, i want to know NOW the fate. I guess we will just watch what happens!

I'm more offended that he chose to wear a plaid coat to court.  Rodney Dangerfield is, was, and will always be the only man that could pull off that look.

• Love 1
(edited)

Apollo must be thinking that his attorney will pull some hail mary out of his ass and save him from jail. Delusional as ever. Let's all hope the judge is not one that gives pussy sentences to white collar criminals.

Edited by cooksdelight

And to help tide us over as we anxiously await Apollo's sentencing tomorrow, this little gem just in.  

Apollo Nida Loses Georgia Home at Public Auction After Failing to Pay Taxes on It...  

via Radar Online:
With only a couple days to go before his sentencing, Apollo Nida recently had to deal with another big problem: losing one of his houses at a public auction.

Radar Online.com has learned exclusively that the Real Housewives of Atlanta star’s house was sold at an auction for failure to pay the taxes on the property. He originally purchased the Atlanta home for only $9,000 in 2010. But on May 6 someone bought the 4,687-square-feet home for only $2,800!

According to documents obtained exclusively by Radar, the Sheriff’s department held the sale for paying the “taxes owed, the interest and penalties on said taxes, and the expenses of the sale, all of which were mature and payable because of failure to pay same interest and penalties on said taxes…”

The three-bedroom home was sold to the highest bidder at the local courthouse.

Nida has other issues to concern himself with, however, as he will be sentenced July 8 after pleading guilty to conspiracy to commit fraud. He has already served five years for racketeering.

http://realitywives.net/blogs/apollo-nida-loses-georgia-home-public-auction-taxes/

So, let me get this straight.  He had literally THOUSANDS of dollars to drop at the strip clubs but just gave a great big oh well to paying taxes on this house?

Makes perfect sense.  In Apollo-Land anyway, apparently.  

• Love 2

How stupid! That would have at least been something they could have counted toward his restitution to lessen the amount he has to pay. Even if it wasn't worth much, it's better than zero! But, like you said, this is Apollo.

And to help tide us over as we anxiously await Apollo's sentencing tomorrow, this little gem just in.  

Apollo Nida Loses Georgia Home at Public Auction After Failing to Pay Taxes on It...  

http://realitywives.net/blogs/apollo-nida-loses-georgia-home-public-auction-taxes/

So, let me get this straight.  He had literally THOUSANDS of dollars to drop at the strip clubs but just gave a great big oh well to paying taxes on this house?

Makes perfect sense.  In Apollo-Land anyway, apparently.  

How much could the taxes possibly be on a house that costs less than a used Honda Civic?  Geez.

• Love 2

I've got the champagne chilled, watching the Atlanta news sites, waiting for word.... 

With as much legal trouble as these reality show participants find themselves in, maybe in the future they can launch a live feed for reality starts appearing in court.  

Something like, "Reality TV:  Shit just got Real!"

I'm on the west coast so I'll have to rely on good old PTV to find out his sentence.  If he just gets a slap on the wrist, I'm not going to be a happy citizen.  

• Love 4

WSB's noon news broadcast mentioned it, it's happening this afternoon. There was a bomb scare at a central MARTA train station downtown, for a second there I thought it was a diversionary tactic to delay court proceedings. :)

The hammer is coming down at 2 p.m. eastern time.

http://sandrarose.com/2014/07/source-apollo-nida-faces-sentencing-by-harsh-federal-judge-today/

A source in the legal community tells Sandrarose.com exclusively that Nida will be sentenced to serve “a lot of time” in prison for his white collar crimes.
Apollo Nida is scheduled to be sentenced at 2 p.m. this afternoon at the federal court house in downtown Atlanta. Nida’s legal team (The Cochran Firm) begged the judge for leniency. But the prosecutor’s office wants Apollo to serve as much time behind bars as the law allows.

In other developments, we have learned that author Angela Stanton is planning to make a surprise appearance at the courthouse today.
Stanton will ask the court to give Nida a harsh sentence because she believes he along with Phaedra Parks has ruined her life and prevented her from making an honest living with the sale of her book, Lies of A Real Housewife.
  • Love 1
(edited)

Apollo Nida is scheduled to be sentenced at 2 p.m. this afternoon at the federal court house in downtown Atlanta. Nida’s legal team (The Cochran Firm) begged the judge for leniency. But the prosecutor’s office wants Apollo to serve as much time behind bars as the law allows.

That portion I've bolded just really pisses me right the fuck off.

I would love to know just what this chucklefuck thinks he has been contributing to society that he should be granted leniency.  Seriously.  

It's not like he's been out performing charity work, volunteering in his community, helping out underprivileged kids, delivering meals to the elderly and ill, or anything even remotely altruistic.  

No, good old Apollo has been hanging out at strip clubs, bragging about the thousands of HIS dollars he drops every visit, puffing his chest out and acting the peacock to be filmed for the show, treating his wife pretty much like she's a herpetic piece of crap in front of the cameras, assaulting a man (Brandon) while the cameras were rolling, and in general has done NOTHING that indicates a whit of redemption or anything that even remotely indicate he's entitled to leniency by the courts.

OMG...Again, if this assclown gets off with a slap on the wrist, I'm going to be extremely unhappy.  He had every opportunity to turn his life around when he was released and instead he apparently dug his heels even deeper in his criminal lifestyle.

I hope the judge makes an example out of him today.  He's pissed away every golden opportunity he had to turn his life around once, and I'd hate to see him get that chance again.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 2

Some interesting details here about Apollo's lawyer trying to get his criminal history category reduced.

http://tamaratattles.com/2014/07/07/how-much-time-will-apollo-nida-serve-in-prison/

Her prediction

I think it is likely that the judge will grant the downward departure and he will be treated as a Category 4 and if he is a level 30 offender the judge will sentence him to something in the 168 months in prison (11 years 3 months to 14 years). That’s a lot of missed speaking engagements and club parties.

Some interesting details here about Apollo's lawyer trying to get his criminal history category reduced.

http://tamaratattles.com/2014/07/07/how-much-time-will-apollo-nida-serve-in-prison/

I think it is likely that the judge will grant the downward departure and he will be treated as a Category 4 and if he is a level 30 offender the judge will sentence him to something in the 168 months in prison (11 years 3 months to 14 years). That’s a lot of missed speaking engagements and club parties.

Her prediction

How will the local strippers manage without Apollo's THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS being bestowed upon them on a regular basis?

I'm shaking my head so hard at this shit that I think I may induce brain damage.  

• Love 2

I would love to know just what this chucklefuck thinks he has been contributing to society that he should be granted leniency.  Seriously.  

It's not like he's been out performing charity work, volunteering in his community, helping out underprivileged kids, delivering meals to the elderly and ill, or anything even remotely altruistic.  

[...]

I hope the judge makes an example out of him today.  He's pissed away every golden opportunity he had to turn his life around once, and I'd hate to see him get that chance again.  

He mentors the young men, don't you remember? 

Normally I'm not one who's big on calling for justice, getting angry, etc...I'm more like blah, their sentence will take care of it, just dont really concern myself. But this fool just kills me. He had a chance that very few felons get, especially as a Black man, and a man that came from what I assume is an underprivileged/impoverished background, since his mom was an addict. Why wouldnt you be kissing the ground and jumping on those fake jobs and businesses your wife created for you? Even if he still ultimately ended up hating her, despite the emasculation, etc, he still could have turned out more exercise videos, capitalized on his physical attractiveness in some way, flipped houses, something to use the opportunity she provided! He didn't have to work odd jobs out in the hot sun because his felonies kept him from employment. He didnt have to live in a shitty apartment complex due to his background. To be able to get out of prison, and walk into a life that most hard working, even college educated people don't get, and just piss it away, is so damn prideful and arrogant and stupid.

I hope when he gets to prison, those felons who WISH they had a second chance would, to paraphrase Miss Celie, "set around and whup [his] ass!" 

• Love 5

Eight years. That's not much, but it's something and he had a strong legal team. Wonder how long Phaedra, who reportedly was not in court to support her man, will expect him to surrender his house keys.

TamaraTattles just posted. Eight years and surrendering at a later date.

ETA link, hopefully: http://tamaratattles.com/2014/07/08/apollo-nida-sentenced-to-8-years-in-prison/

Only 8 years?

Holy snitchfest, he must have rolled over on quite a few people to get that relatively light sentence.

I hope that's a solid 8 years without any wriggle room to get out sooner on parole.  We all know how that worked out for him last time.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I just wonder how much of this will be included in next season. They'd have to, the world hasn't been living under a rock.

He was a level 5 offender, he'll be in a high-security federal prison. In other words, no country club perks.

BTW, they keep updating that article that I linked to, so check back every now and then.

Updated to say he will probably have to surrender within 3 to 6 weeks. Watch him make a run for it!

Edited by cooksdelight
  • Love 2
(edited)

I think the very minimum should have been equal to the amount of years he was initially sentenced for when he violated parole, to finish serving out his initial sentencing.

Not positive and correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't something in the range of 12-15 years have been more in keeping in finishing out his original sentence?  I think he was released on parole quite early on in his original sentence.

Well, at least 8 years is better than a slap on the wrists, which is what I was expecting.  I agree with you, though, I don't think it's suitable considering the circumstances, and a longer sentence would have definitely been justified (whether Apollo in all his wisdom thinks so or not).  

Edited by Persnickety1