Type keyword(s) to search

Phaedra Parks: Undertaker, Esq.

• Start Topic

That's the second tweet he's sent and deleted since his sentencing.  The first was something just as dumb like "who will ride with me?"

He keeps it up, he'll catch up to Richie Wakile in the Tweet and Delete department.

I'm confused, does Apollo have some sort of dedicated fan following?  He seems like such a douche, I can't imagine him having a legion of fans who will "ride with" him.

I'm confused, does Apollo have some sort of dedicated fan following? He seems like such a douche, I can't imagine him having a legion of fans who will "ride with" him.

Isn't he in prison? Can you tweet from prison?

• Love 1

Isn't he in prison? Can you tweet from prison?

LOL - I had assumed he might be out on some sort of bail.  He better hope no one has internet access in jail, although at the federal facility I visited I know they had computers.  

What does he even care what anyone has to say on twitter!  He is either in jail, or going to jail, why doesn't he care about people he doesn't know who are leaving him 140 character messages!?!??  I don't know if I'm more disappointed in Apollo for actually caring about twitter, or for me entertaining his shenanigans!

He's not in jail yet. The newspaper and news station said it's usually 3 to 6 weeks before one has to report to the Big House.

I don't think this drama is over yet. Something tells me he's going to try to take the money and run. He didn't think he'd be going to prison for more than a few months. 8 years, even 7 if he gets out early, is a helluva long time to be away from the stripper pole.

LMAO @ the comment about him playing with his kids.  Truer words were never spoken, but I'm sure that playing with his children before he goes off to prison never even crossed his pea brain.

We know Apollo's last days are going to be spent hitting up strip club with the "young men" that he mentors, to spend the last of Phaedra's money that is still in his pockets.  He might also visit a couple of jump offs for some last minute quickies.  I do not think being a father was ever high on his list of priorities.

• Love 4

We know Apollo's last days are going to be spent hitting up strip club with the "young men" that he mentors, to spend the last of Phaedra's money that is still in his pockets.  He might also visit a couple of jump offs for some last minute quickies.  I do not think being a father was ever high on his list of priorities.

well..nothing like heading into prison with a few STDs, memories of lap dances, and a wallet sized picture of your kids.

• Love 3

He's not in jail yet. The newspaper and news station said it's usually 3 to 6 weeks before one has to report to the Big House.

I don't think this drama is over yet. Something tells me he's going to try to take the money and run. He didn't think he'd be going to prison for more than a few months. 8 years, even 7 if he gets out early, is a helluva long time to be away from the stripper pole.

I always assumed they take you to jail immediately.  I learned something new thanks to Apollo.

• Love 1

Apollo's restitution is set at $2 million.  I assume Apollo and Phaedra have spent or hidden most of the money from Apollo's "asset recovery" ventures.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/07/16/apollo-nida-restitution-bank-fraud-money-laundering-real-housewives-of-atlanta/

Unless the federal government is willing to search the g-strings of various strippers in Atlanta I feel like they aren't going to get that money back.

But I personally suggest they start at the strip clubs.

I would not assume that Phaedra is involved in Apollo's nefarious doings. She may have noticed and said something like, "I don't know what you're up to and I don't want to know but if your ass gets caught and convicted, we're done." I do not think she would risk her children's futures by getting involved in BS and it may be what has driven her to expand her skill set to become a mortician. She can say, "While your daddy was acting like a two-bit criminal, I, who already hold two degrees, sought a third certification in a new field."

I can't wait to hear what she's been thinking and doing, but if she stands by that man, I'm done with her!

• Love 3
(edited)

Apollo still giving interviews...smh.  The marriage seems to be over.

How in the heck did he get his restitution reduced from $14 million to $2 million?  I wonder what is the story on that. Anyone have details?

Link is here for anyone who has 20 minutes to spare listening to Apollo.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2697628/Apollo-Nida-slams-wife-Phaedra-Parks-says-marriage-readies-jail-fraud.html

Edited by SpringTulips

Apollo has not shown the slightest bit of solidarity with Phaedra, but she is suppose to keep the home fires burning because he got in trouble?

So they send acceptance letters to convicted felons?  Wow.

I'm confused, does Apollo have some sort of dedicated fan following?  He seems like such a douche, I can't imagine him having a legion of fans who will "ride with" him.

Evidently, he does, as is evidenced by the excitement some women exhibit when he makes appearances at various clubs.  And, I'm not talking about the strippers.  I'm not that surprised though.  Anytime Ted Bundy, the Menendez brothers and any other number of sociopaths can get hundreds of marriage proposals from behind bars, then there is hope for pretty boy felons everywhere.  Look at how ga-ga women went over that foine ass blue-eyed felon's mugshot, which went viral on social media.  I also have no doubt that some of Apollo's female admirers will happily hold him down by putting money on his book.  He wouldn't want to be in a position where he has to borrow money or trade commissary stuff with other inmates.  That would lead to a whole other set of unpleasant circumstances.

• Love 2

Evidently, he does, as is evidenced by the excitement some women exhibit when he makes appearances at various clubs.  And, I'm not talking about the strippers.  I'm not that surprised though.  Anytime Ted Bundy, the Menendez brothers and any other number of sociopaths can get hundreds of marriage proposals from behind bars, then there is hope for pretty boy felons everywhere.  Look at how ga-ga women went over that foine ass blue-eyed felon's mugshot, which went viral on social media.  I also have no doubt that some of Apollo's female admirers will happily hold him down by putting money on his book.  He wouldn't want to be in a position where he has to borrow money or trade commissary stuff with other inmates.  That would lead to a whole other set of unpleasant circumstances.

I've watched enough MSNBC Lock Up to know that everyone has a hustle in prison.  Now I have no idea what Apollo's would be, I think prison lawyer is out of the question given his dubious hold of logic and the English language.  

What do you guys think his prison hustle could be?

Read the article. "Foundated"? Alrighty. Way to elevate it, Apollo. You, sir, are a scholar...a SCHOLAR!

A juvial scholar?

• Love 2

I've watched enough MSNBC Lock Up to know that everyone has a hustle in prison.  Now I have no idea what Apollo's would be, I think prison lawyer is out of the question given his dubious hold of logic and the English language.  

What do you guys think his prison hustle could be?

A juvial scholar?

Why, a preacher, of course! Did you ever read this article?

http://www.realitytea.com/2014/05/01/apollo-nida-marriage-to-phaedra-parks-his-criminal-history-prison/

He talks about his time as a religious scholar during his first bid, as well as the ministries he ran.

The full article is a treat. He talks about how the car theft scam worked, his time in college in the Bahamas, studying "international marketing" (human trafficking, maybe?), and his white uncle cutting his hair/how he came to be a master barber. He has a bountiful blessing of foolery.

I had a dumb ass, pretty boy, ho-ish, verbally abusive, non working, good dick, hustler boyfriend in my early 20's. Basically a smaller scale Apollo. Had to cut him loose. How in the world Phaedra MARRIED one when she was damn near 40 absolutely baffles me. I mean, DAMN! How is being married to him even CLOSE to being less embarrassing than being an unwed mother? How did she even look in the mirror and come up with that tired ass "read" of Kenya about a criminal baby daddy? Seriously, how?!?!

• Love 7

How did she even look in the mirror and come up with that tired ass "read" of Kenya about a criminal baby daddy? Seriously, how?!?!

First of all, she was delusional enough to marry Apollo. But somewhere along the line the reality TV life she was leading got blurred with the real life and she woke up. I think that she convinced him he wouldn't get very much time in prison if he snitched. Knowing full well that a snitch won't have a very good time in prison. Maybe all that shit she threw at Kenya was her plan all along, to convince the dumb boy that he was only going to have to serve a few months in a white collar facility, not a federal pen. Oh, revenge is so sweet sometimes. :)

• Love 3

First of all, she was delusional enough to marry Apollo. But somewhere along the line the reality TV life she was leading got blurred with the real life and she woke up. I think that she convinced him he wouldn't get very much time in prison if he snitched. Knowing full well that a snitch won't have a very good time in prison. Maybe all that shit she threw at Kenya was her plan all along, to convince the dumb boy that he was only going to have to serve a few months in a white collar facility, not a federal pen. Oh, revenge is so sweet sometimes. :)

LOL!  You know what?  Somehow, I can see her doing that with a Southern belle simper on her face.  Lord knows neither she nor his attorneys could convince him to stay off of social media, to stop giving interviews and to stop flapping his gums before he was sentenced.  Not only did she convince him that he wouldn't get much time if he snitched, it wouldn't surprise me if Phaedra led him to believe she was willing to renew their vows and was going to hold him down.  Other than those little boys and herself, Phaedra loves money.  She was probably done when her hopes of having her own reality show went down in flames.  Since Apollo messed up her money in more ways than one, he had to go.

At least she won't end up on Snapped for disposing of his remains at the pet mortuary.  I suspect the Nidas' next gig will be either American Greed  or Who the Bleep Did I Marry?

• Love 5
(edited)

I had a dumb ass, pretty boy, ho-ish, verbally abusive, non working, good dick, hustler boyfriend in my early 20's. Basically a smaller scale Apollo. Had to cut him loose. How in the world Phaedra MARRIED one when she was damn near 40 absolutely baffles me

Yes, it reminds me of a few of my favorite lines in City of God.....Hoods don't love, they desire,  Hoods don't talk, they smooth talk; Hoods don't stop;  they take a break

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 5

All you have to do is look at "Who the Bleep did I  Marry" and figure out that many many women in their mid 40s and allegedly very intelligent will fall for the felon or the potential felon or serial killer.  It is called loneliness and despiration.

• Love 2

Heck, you don't even have to look at women in their forties...look at who Britney Spears ended up marrying and divorcing. 

For the record, I have no problem with women marrying men with less money then them as long as the guys exhibit that they have the good character values that is key to being a good husband.

An ex-convict who sticks his nose up at any legitimate work you offer him and refuses to curtail his criminal activities, is not husband material.  All pretty Pollo had to do was keep his head down and take care of his kids.  Heck, he could of even had a career doing work out videos (that his wife set up for him).

I have no idea if Phaedra is complicit in his schemes, but she better get rid of him before he hurts her where she cares the most (for Phaedra this would be her pocketbook).

• Love 2

Heck, you don't even have to look at women in their forties...look at who Britney Spears ended up marrying and divorcing. 

For the record, I have no problem with women marrying men with less money then them as long as the guys exhibit that they have the good character values that is key to being a good husband.

An ex-convict who sticks his nose up at any legitimate work you offer him and refuses to curtail his criminal activities, is not husband material.  All pretty Pollo had to do was keep his head down and take care of his kids.  Heck, he could of even had a career doing work out videos (that his wife set up for him).

I have no idea if Phaedra is complicit in his schemes, but she better get rid of him before he hurts her where she cares the most (for Phaedra this would be her pocketbook).

I don't know how long they have been married, is Georgia a community property state?  Did they have a pre-nup? I thought they were married before the show started, so all of these "show related" ventures, would they be subject to her having to give him half?  

I don't know how long they have been married, is Georgia a community property state?  Did they have a pre-nup? I thought they were married before the show started, so all of these "show related" ventures, would they be subject to her having to give him half?

Apollo isn't getting half a sandwich from this relationship.  He told Todd that he signed a prenup and I suspect Phaedra took the opportunity to leave him out of most her earnings during the marriage.

• Love 4
(edited)

All you have to do is look at "Who the Bleep did I  Marry" and figure out that many many women in their mid 40s and allegedly very intelligent will fall for the felon or the potential felon or serial killer.  It is called loneliness and despiration.

That is absolutely the case for some women, no doubt, but I don't think it applies in Phae's case. She was engaged to another man when she started messing around with Apollo. She liked this fiance well enough to accept his ring, so she wasn't lonely or desperate unless her fiance was so triflin' that Pretty Pollo was an improvement (although, who the hell can be worse than an ignorant convicted felon with no job that disrespects her constantly?).

I had a dumb ass, pretty boy, ho-ish, verbally abusive, non working, good dick, hustler boyfriend in my early 20's. Basically a smaller scale Apollo. Had to cut him loose. How in the world Phaedra MARRIED one when she was damn near 40 absolutely baffles me. I mean, DAMN! How is being married to him even CLOSE to being less embarrassing than being an unwed mother? How did she even look in the mirror and come up with that tired ass "read" of Kenya about a criminal baby daddy? Seriously, how?!?!

I think I figured out how/why Phae married Apollo. Bear with me as I work the calendar.

I doubt that she married Apollo out of love based on the evidence of the dates in their timeline (and also because I've never seen love/lust/like between the two). Apollo "served nearly 5 years of his 18-year sentence before being paroled on May 27, 2009. Parks and Nida married November 1, 2009, and Phaedra gave birth to son Ayden Adonis Nida in May 2010".

Ayden's birth date puts the date of conception in August, just 3 months after Apollo was released. More importantly, that makes Phae 3 months pregnant on her wedding day. This suggests to me that an engaged Phaedra had a fling with an old flame over a summer, got pregnant, and tried to protect her southern belle image by marrying the man. She had known Apollo since 1995 - why else would there be this sudden rush to break her engagement to another man and marry Apollo - all in 6 months - if it wasn't for the pregnancy? She suddenly fell in love? I highly doubt it.

A second theory - with far less evidence - perpetuated by Angela Stanton is that Phae married Apollo so he couldn't testify against her in court. Apollo started his latest set of criminal activities just a few months before their wedding and Apollo is known to snitch, so...

The second theory kinda makes sense. Apollo's first conviction in '98 was just him stealing shit and he served a year. Angela says that Phae came on the scene around 2001 and orchestrated bigger crimes. This makes sense given that Apollo went down in 2004 for a sophisticated crime like racketeering despite the fact that Pretty Pollo ain't all that smart and his previous crimes were rather simple - so somebody had to organize that scheme for him. There's not enough evidence to say Phae did it, but I sure as hell don't buy her claim that she was ignorant of everything given that she's known the man since before his first conviction. At the very least, she's a criminal lawyer, thus would have run a background check on the man before marrying him and would have known to look out for certain behaviors. There's no way she didn't know, and if she's lying about knowing, she may also be lying about participating and that would give Angela's theory of why they got married some validity. 

Edited by WimminWinning
  • Love 4

I feel like we should have a party or something. I'll put in a call to Dwight...

Oh wait, Phaedra will probably already have that handled by now. What will she call this party? We've had the Sip & See... could this be the Loosing The Booty party? Cut Dick & Run?

• Love 4
(edited)

I just hope she doesn't bring the same strippers to THAT party that she brought to poor Kandi's worst bachelorette party ever (all cuzayou Phae).

Edited by leisawoo
  • Love 2
(edited)

I am not even sure what she gets out of the divorce at this point.  She waited until....sentencing?  She was so on his side when he lied about Kenya, when he pummeled Brandon for not apparent reason. When he was spending thousands a night in strip clubs.   She is as shady as they come.  Divorcing will not erase that she has to co parent with a thus far twice felon.  She perhaps will get full custody but it will be hard to placate the situation of one parent missing without some major drama...especially when the "First Family" is all caught on film.  The kids seem really  bright so I am  hoping that the shadiness isn't hereditary.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 5

Apollo commits a crime and the Nidas are apparently getting a divorce. The Giudices commit crimes and they are staying married. I guess this all goes to show that the family that preys together stays together.

• Love 4

What? You mean.....the donkey booty exercises don't work? :)

I guess that means we'll be seeing her on upcoming commercials. Oh, my head is hurting already.

LMAO.  Yeah, who would imagine a workout that doesn't require a drop of sweat wouldn't be the key to a total transformative weight loss!?

• Love 2

Yahoo news feed is reporting that Phaedra is going to skip this season and return for the next season. Says it will be a leave of absence, not fired and did not quit. 

Of course.  I hope she never comes back.  If you can't be on a reality show, and be real when life is difficult, I'm not all that interested in your life when its awesome.  I'm not a fan of Porsha, but she let us see her pain when she was getting divorced.  Cynthia let us see all her problems with Peter, Bar One, her sister, etc, etc.  Kandi let us see her crazy ass mother acting crazy.  Phaedra is the only one who wants all the benefits of being on a reality show, with none of the drawbacks.  She only wants to be on camera if she can convince us that her life is perfect and she is great.  But the minute things get sticky and she'll have to answer a few questions she is out.  And yes, I know she has young kids, but they don't have to be on camera, and I think at this point they are too young to know, and even if Ayden is smart enough to figure things out, I think most of any damage has already been done by his father going away, and since she is going to be the spokesperson for Xenadrine its not like she is going to be out of the public eye, so whatever dirt people are going to dig up and use on her they will use anyways...so in short I don't buy her sons as an excuse to not return to the show.

But in more important news, who is going to take her place???  I hope its not either of those two lame ass broads they were trying to bring on last year.  Natalie, and the other chick who was married to big Chuck.

• Love 2

The kids seem really  bright so I am  hoping that the shadiness isn't hereditary.

The kids being bright could make it even worse... If someone as dumb as Apollo could commit those crimes, then just think what someone as seemingly bright as Ayden could mastermind and possibly not get caught for.

• Love 1

I read in various online sites about a month ago that Phaedra was ordered to sit for her deposition in her case against Angela Stanton  by August 3rd.  I wonder if it has already happened, is happening now, or if its been delayed.  I cant find any updated info.  Anyone know?

The kids being bright could make it even worse... If someone as dumb as Apollo could commit those crimes, then just think what someone as seemingly bright as Ayden could mastermind and possibly not get caught for.

If they are smart as they seem, they will be smart enough not to commit a crime.  Plus they will be well taken care of and won't have the life Apollo had growing up

I think it could be good for her and the show to have limited screen time next season.

There's really nothing to be gained by filming them during this time. Look at the NJ fiasco. Endless scenes of Theresa and Joe feeling sorry for themselves and claiming to be persecuted. Scenes of their crying kids which seems exploitive. I don't feel sorry for them at all and I resent having to watch that shit.

Apollo knowingly committed crimes for a lifestyle he couldn't afford. Their marriage has been crumbling for months. Their kids are adorable and deserve better. I'm sure Phaedra is embarrassed, furious and humiliated but she'll probably never admit that on camera.

Once Apollo is locked away, she'll file for divorce and after a few months of laying low will be ready to film for the show and her "new life."

Apollo knowingly committed crimes for a lifestyle he couldn't afford. Their marriage has been crumbling for months. Their kids are adorable and deserve better. I'm sure Phaedra is embarrassed, furious and humiliated but she'll probably never admit that on camera.

Once Apollo is locked away, she'll file for divorce and after a few months of laying low will be ready to film for the show and her "new life."

I don't know...IMO, if you want the perks and advantages that come with being a reality show star, you should take the crap that comes with it too.  A reality show should be a full view into a persons life.  If you only want to be on the show when your life is awesome and amazing, I'm not sure I'm all that interested.  If I want to watch a show with people who have the most amazing lives and are doing awesome, I would prefer to watch Biography.  I think the most interesting and compelling moments come when a persons life hits the rocks.  Phaedra just seems too concerned about projecting a certain image, and I generally don't find that image very interesting because I think its fake.  I have liked Phaedra when I thought she was being real, which has happened a little, but not nearly enough for me to really hope she comes back, or to not think that there isn't someone a little more interesting out there.

• Love 2