Type keyword(s) to search

Phaedra Parks: Undertaker, Esq.

• Start Topic

Eight years is light, but apparently a lengthier sentence was reduced due to him snitching. Maybe the scheme was wider than was reported. Or maybe he gave up names in other criminal rings. Who knows, but at least he's getting locked up, and the time is pretty substantial. AND....he and Phaedra can't pretend they're victims anymore and continue this fake, wealthy lifestyle. To Phaedra, esp., reputation is everything, and her status is damaged forever.

• Love 1
(edited)

Phaedra is smart enough to rig up some offshore accounts.

Apollo isn't going to have Phaedra's money to fall back on when he gets out the next time. If she's smart, that is.

Seems like she's already starting to distance herself from him. After he was sentenced a local Atlanta news station asked him point blank where was Phaedra. He told them that they have other issues going on. Then corrected himself to say she had to take care of their kids. If she was determined to stand by her man I can't imagine her skipping out on his sentencing hearing. I think she might be trying to get the hell out of dodge.

The judge still has to decide how much Apollo has to pay to the victims of his scheme. As his wife will Phaedra also be responsible for paying the money? If so, I'm sure she's trying to figure a way to legally and quickly extract herself from this mess.

It's going to be interesting to see how she plays this next season. One thing is for certain, Kenya is going to have a field day with the pot shots about her broken family and inmate husband.

Edited by Enero
  • Love 1

I wouldn't go too much by Tamera, when legitimate news sources in Atlanta said that the very earliest he could hope to get out would be after he's served 7 years, according to articles and news reports. She's not exactly a great legal mind, and her grammar sometimes makes me wonder if she's even a professional writer, in my opinion.

Would it be cruel to speculate on all the ways the world will change while he's in prison? Will Sheree finally have her house built? Will Nene still be a rich bitch? Will Kenya have her blue-eyed baby?

No. No. And probably yes. But the biggest change will be Apollo's new lifestyle of being Bubba's new bitch. :)

• Love 1

I wouldn't go too much by Tamera, when legitimate news sources in Atlanta said that the very earliest he could hope to get out would be after he's served 7 years, according to articles and news reports. She's not exactly a great legal mind, and her grammar sometimes makes me wonder if she's even a professional writer, in my opinion.

I was thinking the same thing. She provides some good info., but I think she sometimes jumps to the wrong conclusions. Plus, she's angry that the sentence is so light and feels that the moral of this story is that crime pays. I don't know if she knows that Apollo (and/or Phaedra?) has to pay restitution. Apollo's days of high living (now and whenever he's releases) are over.

$3.2 million in restitution. Not sure how much of that is all on Apollo, but I am guessing since his name is the only one I've seen linked to that amount... Phaedra better get a divorce, pronto.

Is she liable for it if they stay married?

Seems like she's already starting to distance herself from him. After he was sentenced a local Atlanta news station asked him point blank where was Phaedra. He told them that they have other issues going on. Then corrected himself to say she had to take care of their kids. If she was determined to stand by her man I can't imagine her skipping out on his sentencing hearing. I think she might be trying to get the hell out of dodge.

She started distancing herself months ago when she repeatedly stated, "Apollo is his own man; he does what he wants to do."  That was her code for "I had nothing to do with Apollo's schemes; that was all on him!"  Mr. Nida was just too dumb to pick up on it.

Phaedra will certainly have her hands full with her Angela Staunton litigation, which isn't going away anytime soon.

• Love 1

She started distancing herself months ago when she repeatedly stated, "Apollo is his own man; he does what he wants to do."  That was her code for "I had nothing to do with Apollo's schemes; that was all on him!"  Mr. Nida was just too dumb to pick up on it.

Phaedra will certainly have her hands full with her Angela Staunton litigation, which isn't going away anytime soon.

Yes, I completely agree about the separating herself, at least in the court of public opinion. I think she never should have pursued litigation against A.S. Now she has opened up this can of worms with depositions, court sanctions etc. all she had to do was deny and cast doubt. Let her publish the book, then do the whole "would you believe a criminal over me?" schtick. At least there would still be some question instead of just exposing it all further. Dumb move. Of course Apollo's conviction would have cast even more of a shadow but then she could still maintain some semblance of ignorance, whether folks believed her or not. That aggressive move is going to cost her. Reputation as well as coins.

• Love 2

Here's what gets me:  why didn't they take him into custody IMMEDIATELY??  Why do crooks get to enjoy themselves (and find more opportunities to bury their money) once they've been found guilty??  

Same for Joe Giudice.  His father dies and he gets THREE MONTHS to mourn?  Families can't get three DAYS off from work when a loved one dies and this a-hole gets THREE MONTHS?? 

They hire high-priced lawyers who want the notoriety for themselves, and they work out deals with the judge, based on how much bail money they've already put up. If Apollo had murdered someone, he'd have never gotten bail, being as high-profile as he is in the area. But, all he did was steal millions from innocent people.

The thing Apollo hasn't figured out yet, he's a snitch. Snitches don't last long in prison. Even federal prison. First time around, he was in your usual run-of-the-mill prison and he'd not snitched on anyone or worn a wire. This trip to the pokey isn't going to be a comfortable one. That much gives me comfort, at least, for all his victims.

• Love 1

No. No. And probably yes. But the biggest change will be Apollo's new lifestyle of being Bubba's new bitch. :)

I understand not liking Apollo and enjoying the fact that he is being punished with jail time for his crimes. But do we really have to go there with rape jokes? Rape of men or women is not funny or a joke.

• Love 7

I apologize, I didn't mean it as such.

Sorry if I was rude. I just find jokes about rape hard to take. The young men I have dealt who have been victimized often talked about the double standard between male and female rape victims.
  • Love 1

I say Bravo( pun intended) to Phaedra. It takes a lot of balls to continue on  AHW  with  this Apollo mess, being the white elephant in the room.

But I guess someone had to have balls in the marriage.

To me, Phaedra is as phony as a three dollar bill.

Her need to ape aristocracy and her exaggerated sang-froid and her protestations that she is innocent and had no knowledge of her husband's activities are all one of a piece. She is a poser and a liar.

• Love 6

Poor old Apollo.  I'm guessing that Phaedra is filing for divorce as we speak.  She won't be able to finish that nice house in Buckhead with the pool.  Maybe she can go back to her old house??

I know who won't be making ignorant comments at the next reunion special. Bloop!

I'm picturing Kenya and Brandon off together somewhere clinking glasses. I hope Kenya sends Apollo some 8x10 glossies of her and her ass to hang in his cell.

• Love 3
(edited)

I am going to miss Apollo.  He was entertaining to hate watch.  All I have is Peter now.

Its a shame to watch people who have so much going for them screw it all up.  This RHOA platform could have been the springboard to something good.  The fitness thing seemed like a good niche.  Oh well.

Regarding Angela Stanton, did the lawsuit occur before Apollo was caught?  If it was filed before the criminal allegations against Apollo, then it may show that Phaedra did not know about Apollo's criminal activity.  It does not make sense to me that she would file suit against Angela knowing that Apollo is dirty.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 2

Poor old Apollo.  I'm guessing that Phaedra is filing for divorce as we speak.  She won't be able to finish that nice house in Buckhead with the pool.  Maybe she can go back to her old house??

Naw, Phaedra will hire herself some handsome, sweaty men to finish her renovations. That will be an episode or two all by itself.

How did I forget that one of Apollo's jobs was being the contractor on their house?! I guess Phaedra can forward his final paycheck to Kenya so she can put that money on his books. Gotta keep him in ramen, Lil Hugs, and Andy Capp's Hot Fries. 

• Love 2

Unless she had a really good ironclad prenup, I think his attorneys will try to use joint property as assets that will have to be sold in order to make restitution.

Thanks. That makes sense. And I agree with what you wrote re: snitching. I think that should be Apollo's greatest fear, both while in prison, and when he gets out.

Joe Guidice's trial date (I think that's what was moved) was actually scheduled to be moved regardless of his father dying.  That his father died when he did was just coincidence.

No. The July 8 date that was rescheduled for September was the sentencing hearing for the federal case. There's no trial, as they accepted the plea. (Although I, too, read that the date had been rescheduled prior to the father passing). There is, however, another hearing coming up for Joe's DUI state case. If he doesn't accept a plea deal, then that is due for trial. It's been postponed so many times, though, that people seem to forget about it.

Eight years is light, but apparently a lengthier sentence was reduced due to him snitching. Maybe the scheme was wider than was reported. Or maybe he gave up names in other criminal rings. Who knows, but at least he's getting locked up, and the time is pretty substantial. AND....he and Phaedra can't pretend they're victims anymore and continue this fake, wealthy lifestyle. To Phaedra, esp., reputation is everything, and her status is damaged forever.

Phaedra has explained away, ignored, or just used her "religious southern belle, prayer cloth" routine to cover up some of the rumors that have flown her way.  Many times on the show someone would make it sound like she had been a slut.  From Chuck to Nene (neither of whom, IMO, have any room to judge), but when those rumors would come up, you would see someone address it in a TH, or maybe it lasted an episode.  I'm sure she is going to have some explanation for how she wasn't a part of this, she was busy praying and burying cats, she was doing a video, she doesn't know, or she will just ignore it.

There are two Phaedra's IMO, the one that is a "faux southern belle" with the fake voice, and what I consider a holier-than-thou, I'm perfect attitude.  And then there is the real Phaedra, who will admit that there is trouble in paradise, that something is wrong, that maybe she made a mistake in choosing Apollo as a husband, and will let you see the cracks in the facade.  I generally like the second Phaedra and despise the first.  A reality show is about putting your life, both the good and the bad out there.  Life isn't always a party thrown by Dwight, its not always a staged picture taken in your home.

How did I forget that one of Apollo's jobs was being the contractor on their house?! I guess Phaedra can forward his final paycheck to Kenya so she can put that money on his books. Gotta keep him in ramen, Lil Hugs, and Andy Capp's Hot Fries. 

Gosh, Andy Capp's Hot Fries are good, but I can't find them anywhere.  Now I'm thinking about them!

Thanks. That makes sense. And I agree with what you wrote re: snitching. I think that should be Apollo's greatest fear, both while in prison, and when he gets out.

No. The July 8 date that was rescheduled for September was the sentencing hearing for the federal case. There's no trial, as they accepted the plea. (Although I, too, read that the date had been rescheduled prior to the father passing). There is, however, another hearing coming up for Joe's DUI state case. If he doesn't accept a plea deal, then that is due for trial. It's been postponed so many times, though, that people seem to forget about it.

I don't know, I visited a federal detention center and everyone there had pretty short sentences so they wanted to do their time and get out.  And they were happy to be in a federal facility which is much, much, much nicer than regular prison.  The one I went to had internet access, treadmills, a basketball court and flat screen TV's....I believe they had cable too!  Most of them seemed to be trying really hard to not fuck it up by getting into more trouble.

Re: Kenya - yes, she is going to have a field day with this.  And you know what, good on her, I say.  Phaedra put herself in a position to be mocked because all of last season she would pick on Kenya for not being married and not having a husband.  Well Phaedra, not all of us are in such a rush to get married that we'll marry a criminal.  I'm not saying that Kenya didn't make her mistakes, she did, but I hate the idea that women are somehow "less than" because they aren't married, its that sort of thinking that leads women into marrying men that are no good.

• Love 5
(edited)

He better hope they send him here

http://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/atl/

I'm not so sure Apollo is smart enough to "not fuck it up" no matter where he is. The minute he got out the first time he was right back into the thick of things. He had to have been planning that while still inside in order to hit the ground running so quickly.

Either planning it, or the person(s) on whom he snitched already had it all in place. I want to know who was getting their cut off the top! I wonder if it will ever come to light. Any of us with legal fed experience? If the upper level goes on trial/pleads out, will Apollo's name be included as a witness or will it be forever hidden? I can understand it being blocked now, especially if the subject doesn't know they are the target...but duh now.

Phaedra has explained away, ignored, or just used her "religious southern belle, prayer cloth" routine to cover up some of the rumors that have flown her way. Many times on the show someone would make it sound like she had been a slut. From Chuck to Nene (neither of whom, IMO, have any room to judge), but when those rumors would come up, you would see someone address it in a TH, or maybe it lasted an episode. I'm sure she is going to have some explanation for how she wasn't a part of this, she was busy praying and burying cats, she was doing a video, she doesn't know, or she will just ignore it.

There are two Phaedra's IMO, the one that is a "faux southern belle" with the fake voice, and what I consider a holier-than-thou, I'm perfect attitude. And then there is the real Phaedra, who will admit that there is trouble in paradise, that something is wrong, that maybe she made a mistake in choosing Apollo as a husband, and will let you see the cracks in the facade. I generally like the second Phaedra and despise the first. A reality show is about putting your life, both the good and the bad out there. Life isn't always a party thrown by Dwight, its not always a staged picture taken in your home.

Gosh, Andy Capp's Hot Fries are good, but I can't find them anywhere. Now I'm thinking about them.

I don't know, I visited a federal detention center and everyone there had pretty short sentences so they wanted to do their time and get out. And they were happy to be in a federal facility which is much, much, much nicer than regular prison. The one I went to had internet access, treadmills, a basketball court and flat screen TV's....I believe they had cable too! Most of them seemed to be trying really hard to not fuck it up by getting into more trouble.

Re: Kenya - yes, she is going to have a field day with this. And you know what, good on her, I say. Phaedra put herself in a position to be mocked because all of last season she would pick on Kenya for not being married and not having a husband. Well Phaedra, not all of us are in such a rush to get married that we'll marry a criminal. I'm not saying that Kenya didn't make her mistakes, she did, but I hate the idea that women are somehow "less than" because they aren't married, its that sort of thinking that leads women into marrying men that are no good.

Have we ever seen humble/real/open Phaedra though? I can't really think of any instances where she was open about anything that was less than perfect in her life. The closest I can remember is the "Apollo is his own man" party line. She's looked miserable or we've heard the off camera fighting, but never any real openness from her, like Kenya and Velvet or her struggles with her mom or Porsha being upset over Kordell or Cynthia kind of acknowledging problems with Peter. I certainly may be wrong, so I'm open to examples.

AFAIK as well, if one must go to prison, fed is the way to go, even if maximum security, especially for the reasons you mentioned. All prison limits movement, but the little comforts certainly make a difference.

I think Kenya will get little digs in, don't know if she would be outright ugly unless Phaedra came out of pocket with her (which would be incredibly stupid IMO). But like you, I have no problem with it. Especially after that stupid shit at the reunion about a criminal sperm donor. At least if Kenya has a baby, she won't have to drive hours for the kid to look at its dad behind plexiglass! For a lawyer, she certainly didn't understand logic on that one. How do you attack based on a hypothetical when the same is an ACTUAL in your case. Sometimes she is just as stupid as Apollo, actually dumber, because she fucked up her life by marrying him, whereas he just got a come up.

I would be highly impressed if she reached out and humbled herself enough to say something like "my comments about Kenya were unnecessary and harsh" or even something simple like "Kenya, I took it too far, and I apologize." That doesn't acquit Kenya from the responsibility of the initial flirting with Apollo, but it does acknowledge Phaedra's part, and to me would make her look like a bigger person, especially if Kenya keeps acting nasty.

I doubt that she'll do that though.

Burying cats! LOL

ConAgra foods has a link on their page about where to find hot fries in your area, but a quick search showed them on amazon, walgreens, and walmart websites. Dunno if you want a case lol. I made that mistake on one of my favorite childhood treats. Can we say greedy pig? That box was gone so fast!

ETA: that link...the commissary list is ridiculous! There is just a little too much shopping they can do in damn prison. It's PRISON! Pantene and Jock straps and St. Ives face scrub! And why do you need Ambi and Sportin' Waves in prison? WTF? There's not even a big markup so it's not like they are bringing in revenue!

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 4

I wonder if Apollo's prison sentence has inspired Phaedra to start any new businesses? A new workout video done inside the prison? A new matchmaking site for women who want to meet the prisoner of their dreams? A hot prisoner sperm bank? Cheap funerals for the in-mates? I bet her wheels are spinning.

• Love 1

8 years.  Hmm. I thought he would get more too.

From the moment I first heard about this, I thought Phaedra was involved.  I never understood why she went into the mortuary business - a lawyer with two children, reality show, etc - until Apollo was arrested.  I think she is in this up to her neck.

• Love 2

I think Kenya will get little digs in, don't know if she would be outright ugly unless Phaedra came out of pocket with her (which would be incredibly stupid IMO). But like you, I have no problem with it. Especially after that stupid shit at the reunion about a criminal sperm donor. At least if Kenya has a baby, she won't have to drive hours for the kid to look at its dad behind plexiglass! For a lawyer, she certainly didn't understand logic on that one. How do you attack based on a hypothetical when the same is an ACTUAL in your case. Sometimes she is just as stupid as Apollo, actually dumber, because she fucked up her life by marrying him, whereas he just got a come up.

I would be highly impressed if she reached out and humbled herself enough to say something like "my comments about Kenya were unnecessary and harsh" or even something simple like "Kenya, I took it too far, and I apologize." That doesn't acquit Kenya from the responsibility of the initial flirting with Apollo, but it does acknowledge Phaedra's part, and to me would make her look like a bigger person, especially if Kenya keeps acting nasty.

I doubt that she'll do that though.

Kenya was so shocked and hurt by Phaedra's read that she really couldn't respond.  I'm glad she didn't.  Sometimes, its best to keep one's mouth shut and allow the universe to deal with people.  I still can't believe that Phaedra, who knowingly married a criminal, would shame Kenya for opting for a sperm donor.  Not to mention how woefully ignorant Phaedra's comments were given that fertility clinics very carefully screen the donors.  The read was well-rehearsed, I'll give Phaedra that.  Yet, her ass was sitting on stage with her huzzzbin, a known felon who publicly humiliates and disrespects her, including calling her vile names, leaving her locked outside of their hotel room at 2 a.m. so he could go party, and telling her she could walk home.  I won't even touch how Apollo attacked Kenya and arrogantly invited her to put money on his book--basically inviting another woman to hold him down while his wife is sitting there.

And, no she won't apologize to Kenya.  That's not how the Nidas roll.  They put out a false narrative about Kenya and they kept that mess going months after Apollo was exposed as a liar.  It was easier for Phaedra to focus on Kenya as the source of her problems instead of Apollo's self-proclaimed "right-hand bitch" and Angela Staunton, who refuses to go away.

• Love 5

@MulletorHater That was perfect and I agree wholeheartedly. Kenya doesn't need not one single word. If Phaedra comes back with that mess next season, I will be assured of her stupidity.

On another note, I always am dumbfounded when people applaud Phaedra's read. If it's practiced, it takes away from the quick wit that really goes with a good read.

• Love 9

@MulletorHater That was perfect and I agree wholeheartedly. Kenya doesn't need not one single word. If Phaedra comes back with that mess next season, I will be assured of her stupidity.

On another note, I always am dumbfounded when people applaud Phaedra's read. If it's practiced, it takes away from the quick wit that really goes with a good read.

Yes  but you know what I truly think it is?  I think a lot of that applause come from women who feel like they are in Phaedra's position, with a husband that looks at other women, and they don't want to blame their man, so its much, much easier to blame the woman.  But IMO, I don't care if you love Phaedra, that read was lame, she needs to get with some of the queens from RuPauls Drag Race, because those ladies can read for days....

• Love 4
(edited)

Kenya's tweet from July 8: 

KENYA MOORE @KenyaMoore  ·  Jul 8
You can't kick someone while they are down even if they fell trying to trip you. Offer them a hand instead. #killthemwithkindness
Retweeted 139 times Favorited 148 times
Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 3

I bought Angela's book on Amazon today. Skipped right to the part about Phaedra . I believe Angela. Phaedra is guilty as hell. Apollo is not snitching on his wife. He needs her to put money on his books. He had to do all the time. He did snitch on other criminals tho. I would urge everyone to buy and read this book Angela wrote.

(edited)

Apollo is tweeting

"Question?? DOES ANY-1 HAVE ANYTHING POSITIVE TO SAY WTF!!!!"

https://twitter.com/apollonida03/with_replies

I thought you were kidding. 

I think the last thing on my mind would be the Twitterverse if I was sentenced to 8 years in jail.  What was Phaedra thinking when she married this guy?

Cookdelight, I saw comments when I looked.  My favorite is "I'm POSITIVE your ass shouldn't be on twitter with your limited amount of free time left. Go. Play. With. Your. Kids!!!" and "whoa they let you tweet from jail now?"

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 3

I thought you were kidding. 

I think the last thing on my mind would be the Twitterverse if I was sentenced to 8 years in jail.  What was Phaedra thinking when she married this guy?

Cookdelight, I saw comments when I looked.  My favorite is "I'm POSITIVE your ass shouldn't be on twitter with your limited amount of free time left. Go. Play. With. Your. Kids!!!" and "whoa they let you tweet from jail now?"

Apollo is just so self obsessed and so self absorbed that sadly I could absolutely imagine him checking Twitter to make sure people like him, or seeing what people think about him.  

LMAO @ the comment about him playing with his kids.  Truer words were never spoken, but I'm sure that playing with his children before he goes off to prison never even crossed his pea brain.

Apollo is tweeting

"Question?? DOES ANY-1 HAVE ANYTHING POSITIVE TO SAY WTF!!!!"

https://twitter.com/apollonida03/with_replies

I love that any-1 is exactly the same number of key strokes as anyone. You stay classy, Apollo!

I'm not one to pile on, but I feel like the punctuation is all wrong.  He has a question, he isn't asking if anyone else has a question, so I don't feel there is any need for a question mark after "QUESTION."   I feel like a comma, or semicolon would have done the trick. And then, after he asks the question, he uses no question mark.  WTF is also a question, but I feel like its a separate question from "DOES ANY-1 HAVE ANYTHING POSITIVE TO SAY?"  

Come on Apollo, WTF?

If he is lucky they offer some remedial English, and grammar courses in prison.

• Love 1

I bought Angela's book on Amazon today. Skipped right to the part about Phaedra . I believe Angela. Phaedra is guilty as hell. Apollo is not snitching on his wife. He needs her to put money on his books. He had to do all the time. He did snitch on other criminals tho. I would urge everyone to buy and read this book Angela wrote

I've got a copy but it's been lying in a stack of other books I am slowly working my way through. I'll take a peek at that chapter today and get back to y'all.

• Love 1

The Twitter stuff is gone so I have no idea what anyone else said, but no, Apollo. There is nothing positive to say about a felon who ripped innocent people off and stole their identities.

That's the second tweet he's sent and deleted since his sentencing.  The first was something just as dumb like "who will ride with me?"

He keeps it up, he'll catch up to Richie Wakile in the Tweet and Delete department.