Type keyword(s) to search

Kandi Burruss: Atlanta's Own Willy Wonka

• Start Topic

It looks like she and Todd got married over the weekend. I'm on my phone or I'd post a link.

I hope they're crazy-happy and Mama Joyce didn't dampen the day with her shenanigans.

Centrictv.com had a "documentary" about Candy, Unfortunately I can't get that channel,but I did see glimpses on the internet. Kandi is heading for big (bigger) things. Kandi is talented,smart and has paid her dues.and she is rich but you never hear her say that. In comparison to NeNe's fake-ass docu-visit with bill rancic's wife (cant remember her name)  Its like, well you really get to see a real professional who has staying power,because she has talent and brains. to a wild moose, who got blinded by the headlights but still continues to run in traffic.,not expecting a semi to come along an leave treadmarks down her back. leaving her like so much roadkill. If NeNe had what Kandi has, her future would be soooo much brighter.

BTW Kandi and Todd got married in THEIR home ,with ONLY close friends and family in attendance.That speaks volumes about who Kandi and Todd really is.nothing fake about those two.

I hope that they are happy. They seem like really nice people and Todd is one of the few House Husbands who has this reality show stuff figured out. Of course that stands to reason because he has worked on these shows. Good luck to them!

• Love 1

Happy to hear the news of their wedding.  Todd seems like a good guy.  I wonder if Bravo filmed any of it (are they currently filming for next season?).

They are signed up for a wedding special. Bravo did indeed film the wedding and apparently Miss Joyce attended the wedding.

I just saw pictures of Kandi's wedding. I really like Kandi but she has no taste at all. I'm hoping to see better shots soon because what I did see wasn't good. That dress was overdone and tacky looking. Say what you will about Nene, her 2nd wedding to Greg had a really beautiful 1920's vibe. She and Greg looked great. Kandi's dress just had one element too many for my taste.

(edited)

I can't seem to locate any good pictures of Kandi's wedding. At least nothing I could see to make out any of the details. I must say however,NeNe's wedding was more of a Hollywood production (IMO) than a marriage of two people in love usually have.It was more like a over the top wedding featured on the soaps,which we know is pretend. But I'm sure it was what NeNe wanted, it pleased her. I suspect Kandi had the same goal and accomplished it. I wish she and Todd, Riley and Todd's daughter a Blessed life together.with each other's extended family.

Edited by coloradoqt

OoooK,finally saw Kandi and Todd wedding picture, gotta say the dress is beautiful, it looks like it fit her well. Not a fan of tiaras, but I guess if I just had to like one  I would like this one If I was shopping with Kandi and she ask my opinion when she was buying a tiara I would say yes to this one,with out seeing what else was available. 

Here's a picture of the dress.  I'm sorry but I am not feeling it at all. I think it's okay from until it gets to the knees. That fur mermaid skirt and train looks like she skinned a muppet. That is 20K of tacky. Like I said, I love Kandi, but I cannot cosign on this dress. Also not loving the giant tiara. It looks too homecoming queen. 

ETA: This picture shows the train.

Edited by Milaxx

Just read mama Joyce is starting a management company AND writing a book. WTF at least on the bright side if she is hired to manage someone (can you imagine what a loser one has to be to hire Joyce to manage them) she would have somebody else's business to get in.Bet Kandi is bankrolling this knowing, believing  Joyce would be good at telling someone  what to do.

I think Kandi looks beautiful in the wedding pics I've seen online, and Todd is really handsome as well. He has such a kind face, and (so far) a demeanor to match.

One little typo, though, and Kandi becomes Mrs. Todd Fucker. Which I actually think she might find as cute as I do.

Congrats to the happy couple.

I have often felt that Kandi is among the smartest of all Housewives in all the franchises.

She might not have the education some of the NY ladies have, but she is every bit as smart if not more so.

I completely agree, I even liked her crazy wedding gown. Edited by Neurochick

Kandi looked beautiful, although I can't say I loved the dress. I didn't care for the feathers, the train, and overall style of the dress -- but it's her day and she obviously loved it so who can argue with that?

Mama Joyce just looked silly squeezed into her dress, lol. It wasn't age appropriate and was 2 sizes too small. Riley looked adorable but her dress looked like something a 6 year old would wear -- maybe the hem was too short?

Congrats to Todd and Kandi!

Kandi looked beautiful, although I can't say I loved the dress. I didn't care for the feathers, the train, and overall style of the dress -- but it's her day and she obviously loved it so who can argue with that?

Mama Joyce just looked silly squeezed into her dress, lol. It wasn't age appropriate and was 2 sizes too small. Riley looked adorable but her dress looked like something a 6 year old would wear -- maybe the hem was too short?

Congrats to Todd and Kandi!

I felt Kandi's dress was appropriate for the theme of the wedding as it looked very similar to the one worn by the princess in Coming to America.  Yes, feathers and all.

As for Joyce's dress; I have to agree with you that it was just so ill fitting and did look to small.  And yes, Riley look way off kilter with that dress.  It definately did look like a party dress for a 6 year old and yes it was WAY too short.

I've got a feeling that Kandi might be pregnant... There was a picture she put on Insatgram a few days ago and she just had that pregnant look about her face, plus there have been a few pictures in the past couple of days with a seemingly strategically placed hand over her stomach.

Kandi's a millionaire but she can't seem to find reliable people. She had a deal go bad with Kim over that song, now this. Wonder if she was being frugal when she hired this promoter and it bit her... well, no, if she's out spending money on another house for Momma. Maybe the answer is a better business manager than Don Juan.

She gets royalty checks from all of the songs she's written. Anytime, anywhere someone sings one of her songs, or the music is used, they have to pay her. That can add up over time if you've got a lot of songs out there. I have no idea how else she's invested her money.

I should know this but, how did Kandi become a multi-millionaire? I get that she is in music, but how does the money get to her? And was it building up some profit through investing or is it an ongoing thing where she has to keep adding to it? I am really interested in how it worked for her. It seems to me that she was a slow and steady person but I can't wrap my brain around how she managed to accumulate so much money, because I don't know what she actually does. And also, how do you make money on plays? Is it just through ticket sales? Does anyone know how much the tickets were going to be if the tour had not been cancelled? Any insight into Kandi's world would be interesting to me.

Kandi, has investments.

Edited by fgoldberg

Kandi has multiple income streams:

• Music business royalties from songwriting
  • Producer of other artists
  • Clothing store
  • Bedroom Kandi/Kandi Coated Nights Radio Show
  • RHOA
  • Stage Play Producer
  • Acting in stage plays that are not produced by Kandi
  • Real estate holdings/Other Investments
Edited by ToukieSmith

Kandi also made money when she was in the group Xscape.  She's proven to be very frugal so I'm guessing that she didn't make the mistake that most new artists make and spend every paycheck on expensive cars, jewelry and the like.  She's also proven that she doesn't spend a lot of money on her clothes.  lol  I'm also of the belief that she has a guardian angel (her brother) guiding her in her decision making which has proven to be mostly good with the exception of dealing with Kim and this most recent play promotion bullshit.

• Love 1

When they had Chuck and Monique on the show, I remember Kandi talking about how Chuck used to give her money to pay her bills. It sounded like when Xscape first hit, she did go crazy with the credit cards, but learned her lesson about that early. Good for her. Some never do.

• Love 1

I've also heard Kandi say she set monetary goals. When Xscape was ending & her money wasn't right, she started to hustle & stayed with her mom. She says she planned & didn't move out until she had a revenue source & 100 grand saved in the bank.

I don't think it was Xscape money either. I doubt Xscape was lucrative given that every other girl group of that time is now broke cause they all had crappy record deals. If she had to live with Joyce after Xscape, then it clearly wasn't a cash cow for her. Plus, when that TLC docu-movie came out last year, Kandi did press and made it sound like her Xscape deal was much like the TLC deal. I think she makes her money through songwriting. It can be quite lucrative if you write songs that hit big and Kandi has written several songs that hit really big and quite a few songs that weren't hits themselves, but were on albums that were huge (like the song she wrote for N'Sync's No Strings Attached album) and songwriters get a percentage of album sales no matter if their song was the hit that sold the album or not. Kandi had side businesses, but I'm sure that songwriting was her bread and butter before RHOA.

• Love 3

The thing I love about Kandi is that she doesn't spend her time counting other peoples money. She is a very intelligent business woman and she IS rich! She is smart with her money, and makes sound business decisions. She did a lot of research on the industry before launching Bedroom Kandi, and it is growing like crazy with a great business model. She is my favorite RHOA!

Edited by sunflowers83823

Kandi is talented and has definitely made good money as a songwriter and producer, but she herself has said that she is not as rich as reported, and IMO her frugality and work ethic/hustle are even bigger reasons that she has more to show for her efforts than most singers and reality stars.

I am willing to bet that in the past five years, more money has passed through Nene's hands than Kandi's but Kandi has and will have for decades to come, more to show for it because Kandi is putting most of the money she is making towards tangible and appreciating assets and Nene is going the immediate gratification route, i.e., choosing Louboutins and Birkin bags over buying a house.

Kandi is talented and has definitely made good money as a songwriter and producer, but she herself has said that she is not as rich as reported, and IMO her frugality and work ethic/hustle are even bigger reasons that she has more to show for her efforts than most singers and reality stars.

I am willing to bet that in the past five years, more money has passed through Nene's hands than Kandi's but Kandi has and will have for decades to come, more to show for it because Kandi is putting most of the money she is making towards tangible and appreciating assets and Nene is going the immediate gratification route, i.e., choosing Louboutins and Birkin bags over buying a house.

If I were Kandi I would say that too.  I would be very invested in letting all my family know I was poorer than they thought.

• Love 2

If I were Kandi I would say that too.  I would be very invested in letting all my family know I was poorer than they thought.

But Kandi comes from a humble background and any relative who is the type to have his or her hand out is going to have it out whether she has $5 million or $50 million.

• Love 2

But Kandi comes from a humble background and any relative who is the type to have his or her hand out is going to have it out whether she has $5 million or $50 million.

Yeah, but the hand might get a little bigger if they think there is 50 million vs. 5 million

Well, to Kandi's detriment, she just bought Big Momma another house. I'm not sure if she's trying to apologize for marrying Todd, or to just keep Momma quiet... or her version of love is totally screwed up. Seriously, in my own humble opinion, Momma J had a nice house already, why does she need a bigger, more lavish one? Save that money for your daughter!

• Love 3

^ IMO Kandi is rewarding her mother for keeping her relevant on her RHoA job which is a major source of income for Kandi and the vehicle for her to get other projects and promote those projects.

• Love 7

I really don't think Kandi is as rich as people believe. Yeah, she was a writer, but none of the big songs that she wrote were written by solely her. I know for a fact that ALL of original recipe destiny's child has writing credit for their songs, after Kandi, Tiny, and some other guy.

You can make millions writing, but it's a little different when things are split between 2 and 7 people.

She's got long money, but I'd bet it's nowhere near as long as folks think.

• Love 4

RHOA star Todd Tucker's mother Miss Sharon has 'died after being hospitalized for a stroke'

By MailOnline Reporter

Published: 20:17 EST, 2 December 2014 | Updated: 20:23 EST, 2 December 2014

Real Housewives Of Atlanta star Todd Tucker's mother passed away on Tuesday in New York, a source exclusively revealed to Mail Online.

Tucker was in Atlanta when he received a call notifying him that his mother had fallen ill in New York, according to the insider.

A friend of the reality star's is reported to have discovered his mother Miss Sharon before she was rushed to a hospital, where she died the following day.

Sharon was reportedly unconscious after suffering a stroke when Tucker arrived in New York. She then slipped into a coma overnight before passing away on Tuesday, the same source claims.

When Sharon was hospitalized Tucker's wife Kandi Burruss is reported to have been in Los Angeles while he was in Atlanta.

Miss Sharon was known for making vibrant appearances on her son's reality series RHOA, with many memorable fights with her daughter-in-law's mother Joyce.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2858421/RHOA-star-Todd-Tucker-s-mother-Miss-Sharon-died-hospitalized-stroke.html#ixzz3KndzxSvo
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Edited by quinn
  • Love 2