Type keyword(s) to search

Kandi Burruss: Atlanta's Own Willy Wonka

• Start Topic

As far as the prenup goes, was it that he waited til the last minute or that Kandi didn't even give it to Todd until right before the wedding? because I remember it the latter way.  

The bonnet situation is a part of a bigger picture where Kandi lets all her friends and family shit on Todd. It's not hard to see why he may not be as attracted to Kandi as before the wedding.

Well, he married her and she always was family oriented, so no surprise there.

I can see why he would want to escape to LA for peace however that bonnet comment and that dig about her not being Rihanna.....

Not right, IMO.

Comment winner:  "she wants a kept man but don't wanna pay to keep him"

I don't know the specific terms of their prenup, but in terms of splitting assets in a divorce, this is a presumption of every marriage.  Each spouse is only entitled to a percentage of the marital assets (money made during their marriage) for money made beforehand, each keeps that.  Exceptions are made for complications like retirement plans and money made as a result of the other's emotional support but generally, you don't need a prenup to state this, so this can't be Todd's interest, she was already protected.   Todd doesn't strike me as a golddigger at all because he don't need to wait no time to start diggin, his pain and suffering is right there on screen, he could file today and get a check.

Yep, Kandi is tight with her money.
  • Love 1

Eh, that same sentence he also said he wasn't Tyson Beckford.

They just aren't sexy. They may enjoy sex together, but neither one of them is sexy.

I found Kandi to be quite attractive and since she is a self proclaimed freak. They got to make it work,lol.

And that bonnet situation????

That speaks volume regarding his true attraction toward his wife.

I can't remember who said it, but some actress said she keeps her marriage hot and heavy by never wearing sweatpants. She got dragged for her comment, but I understand what she was saying. Humans are very visual creatures - it's not sexy to some people to see their SO in lounge/bed attire. I think that's what Todd was saying when he made the 'bonnet' comment.

• Love 1

^^  That right there.   All I'm gonna say is whatever you did to get him.     Guarantee he didn't see any hint of that damn prairie hat the first time they got it on.   Furthermore the hair she's protecting is a weave.  Girl, huh??

• Love 2

I can't remember who said it, but some actress said she keeps her marriage hot and heavy by never wearing sweatpants. She got dragged for her comment, but I understand what she was saying. Humans are very visual creatures - it's not sexy to some people to see their SO in lounge/bed attire. I think that's what Todd was saying when he made the 'bonnet' comment.

Well, he can use his imagination then.

Kandi seems to keep herself together (for the most part) and if she wants to keep her hair neat, so what?

Todd has to know the deal.

Maybe he doesn't want to use his imagination? I'm not going to criticize Todd for not wanting to be intimate with his wife while she's wearing a hair bonnet. People have preference.

I don't know when you are newlywed, bonnet or not you kinda of have the hot for one another.

Everyone keeps forgetting Todd's daughter, who lives with them in Atlanta. Granted, she's in college now and is probably living in a dorm (I would, just to have the peace and quiet....and to get to know my new friends). I think this entire thing with Kandi and Riley not wanting to go to L.A. is a put-on for the show. Riley isn't a good actress, and that bit about being worried about her education was BS. Given the opportunity to be in L.A. with the famous people she'd meet via Todd, the beaches, the fun stuff to do.... honey, I'd take L.A. for a little while over being stuck in Atlanta for the winter any day of the week!

In fact... I remember some photos Kandi posted of the four of them in LA standing up in the hills under the Hollywood sign. Having a wonderful time. :)

• Love 1

I don't know when you are newlywed, bonnet or not you kinda of have the hot for one another.

My husband wears a bonnet (or du-rag) to bed to protect his locs. He is sexy to me - that du-rag is not. Todd is allowed his preference of a non-bonnet Kandi. I'll agree to disagree.

• Love 3

My husband wears a bonnet (or du-rag) to bed to protect his locs. He is sexy to me - that du-rag is not. Todd is allowed his preference of a non-bonnet Kandi. I'll agree to disagree.

But would you be saying this out loud in front of the cameras?

It felt wrong and hurt Kandi's feelings IMO.

• Love 1

But would you be saying this out loud in front of the cameras?

It felt wrong and hurt Kandi's feelings IMO.

Considering the way that Kandi has let her family and her employees disrespect Todd over and over again on camera, plus the fact that Kandi is talking to people about the problems in her & Todd's sex life on camera, I struggle to have any sympathy for her over this issue. 

If she didn't want Todd to tell her what the problem was in front of the cameras then she shouldn't be broaching the subject with him in front of the cameras. 

• Love 11

Kandi and Todd were on Dr. Oz yesterday. She was talking about having had fibroids for many years and having multiple surgeries. WTH? Was this ever mentioned when Cynthia was going through her bout with them? She also needs to learn to keep her knees together as I could see straight up to her coochie region.

They were talking about their relationship being better than ever, that MJ and Todd were getting along much better, and that the baby would bring the entire family closer. Ummm..... I will wait to see how they change the storyline for the future. Again, it goes back to them playing up the drama for TV, and the real life they lead being much more normal and boring.

I still can't get over how many surgeries Kandi is revealing she's had for fibroids since Riley was born. Heavy bleeding, passing out, having surgeries from different regions, blood transfusion.... it's crazy that she's never mentioned any of this.

Wait... I think I know what the storyline will be next season.... trying to get pregnant with a history of severe fibroids.

• Love 3

I'd have to go back & rewatch (& I really don't want to since Papa Smurf was even uglier than usual at that time) but I remember Kandi saying she had fibroids too when Cynthia was talking about hers & her symptoms.  I don't remember her going indepth or anything but she could have & it was edited to just a snippet.

I have the new show set to record but I am still on the fence about whether I will watch it or not, since I detest Don Juan & Joyce!

You'll start seeing photos today of Kandi's birthday party, and everyone was there.... Kenya, Cynthia, Claudia, Demetria, AND Phaedra! No NeNe. Looks like everyone had a great time.

What a coincidence.

• Love 1

She's 100% correct about her support of NeNe's various successes, as I follow Kandi on Facebook and remember her ALWAYS posting about NeNe's stuff. But NeNe..... dead silence

I would agree with this except....  Nene appears to want to give her support quietly.  If you go by pictures on the other housewives FB or instagram sites, you see pics of Nene with them supporting their ventures and these are never posted to her site nor does she go on twitter or facebook to hail anyone.  She appears to prefer giving her support without the fanfare or announcing it.  Yes, she brags about what she has or that she's arrived but she never brags about what she does to support the others and we never really hear about it until the women themselves tell us.

Kandi, on the other hand, wants to paint this picture of being everybody's friend and always have a "reason" for not being there for them.  Like now, even when she and Phaedra supposedly made up and are friends again, she has taken to twitter to "explain" that Phaedra was never her "best" friend, just one of her many friends which is why she didn't come to her aid.  Even though I have seen Nene support Kandi, that is never acknowledged.  She (at least to me) is like a much quieter version of Cynthia.  She is just as much a pushover with her mother as we see Cynthia being a pushover to Petra.

I also feel Kandi is just a less aggressive version of Joyce, using tears as apposed to anger to get her way.

Anybody catch the XScape episode of Unsung? Some interesting tidbits about Kandi:

The original XScape lineup was 5 members which included Kandi's best friend, Tamera. Remember she was the one who had beef with Carmon in the lead up to Kandi's wedding. Tamera was voted out of the group because she didn't get along with their manager at the time who was also the father of The Boys (Hakeem, Khiry...)

One of the sisters, did a radio interview and said that not only Kandi sleep with Jermaine Dupri, but she also tried to sleep with JD's father. Joyce called the sister up and cursed her out and told her to apologize. I don't know if she threatened to drag her like she was a rag.

• Love 3

I've often wondered why Kandi has such a weird smile. I saw someone once compare her to the Joker, the way her smile looks so concocted.

I just now saw this on Bravo, and it's an old photo of Kandi during her XScape days. No posed smile, and it's big! And I like it! I wish she'd just let her teeth show and look happy naturally. Stop posing with your one hand on your hip while you're at it.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/kandi-burruss-sends-birthday-love-to-xscapes-tiny?cid=soc_dg_fb_RHOA

It will undoubtedly be her big storyline for the next season. Cannot wait to see the reaction from Joyce.....and especially Riley. I am sure in real life Riley will be excited to be a big sister, but on TV I am going to bet they make her play the jealous sibling.

• Love 1
(edited)

Whelp! Looks like MJ got bumped to dead last on the inheritance list. Todd's life just got a cabillion percent harder.

Or he just found a way to ensure financial security. Edited by nexxie
  • Love 3

Kandi has been the one pushing to have a child, I don't put this on Todd. But yeah, Joyce has to realize her place in line just got smaller. Sort of like when a new prince is born in England, the others start taking stock of what they have and what they won't get.

• Love 3

Or he just found a way to ensure financial security.

By trapping her into having the baby she's coveted for the last 5 years?   I wouldn't be mad at him if it was his plan.  Amongst the OLG, Riley, Weenie nem, he's earned every penny.

• Love 12

By trapping her into having the baby she's coveted for the last 5 years?   I wouldn't be mad at him if it was his plan.  Amongst the OLG, Riley, Weenie nem, he's earned every penny.

I was just remembering Todd's problems with the prenup, and how spouses of wealthier people sometimes make those financial ties stronger by having a child - just a snarky maybe on my part.
  • Love 1

Anybody catch the XScape episode of Unsung? Some interesting tidbits about Kandi:

The original XScape lineup was 5 members which included Kandi's best friend, Tamera. Remember she was the one who had beef with Carmon in the lead up to Kandi's wedding. Tamera was voted out of the group because she didn't get along with their manager at the time who was also the father of The Boys (Hakeem, Khiry...)

One of the sisters, did a radio interview and said that not only Kandi sleep with Jermaine Dupri, but she also tried to sleep with JD's father. Joyce called the sister up and cursed her out and told her to apologize. I don't know if she threatened to drag her like she was a rag.

Thanks for the heads up.  I don't TV One but managed to find it online to watch and am already five minutes in, it's pretty interesting.

• Love 1

I was just remembering Todd's problems with the prenup, and how spouses of wealthier people sometimes make those financial ties stronger by having a child - just a snarky maybe on my part.

Snarking's what we're doing here girl you're perfectly entitled, I apologize if my tone gave you any other impression.   I got what you meant, I just disagree that Todd's in his marriage for the money - could've delivered that less shittily sounding, sorry. 

• Love 2

Snarking's what we're doing here girl you're perfectly entitled, I apologize if my tone gave you any other impression.   I got what you meant, I just disagree that Todd's in his marriage for the money - could've delivered that less shittily sounding, sorry.

No worries. I don't really get those two, Kandy and Todd. On one hand, his attitude toward the prenup made me suspicious. On the other hand, there's not enough money in the world to make most people put up with a narcissist like Kandy's mom! lol
  • Love 1

I don't think Riley will need to be prompted to play the jealous sibling.

Yeah, she seems like she'll be jealous. She's been an only child for a long time. Then again, did she have relationships with any of AJ's kids when Kandi was engaged to him?

Congrats to Kandi and Todd. Kandi has been through some things and she's wanted a baby since she's been on the show, so I hope this brings her happiness. And I hope Joyce acts right, but I doubt she will. But maybe the pregnancy will give them strength to check her evil ass.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm just thinking of that voice. Whenever I think of anything with them after I process the existence of the demon called Mama Joyce, I think of Kandis clenched teeth monotone strange voice.

Congrats for her though I do like Kandi for the most part and she's wanted this baby for so long : )

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 1

During a Nielsen sweeps month, would be my guess.

Kandi got reamed yesterday on Facebook when Bravo posted a photo of her with Sharon, saying how excited Sharon would be if she were alive. Not a whole lot of people think too much of Kandi where Sharon is concerned.

• Love 5