Type keyword(s) to search

Frankie Grande: Overwhelming No

I have a feeling that Frankie's appearance on The Talk was part of his 'deal' before he entered the house. I found it odd that he kind of squealed when Julie mentioned Derek was going to be on - I have a feeling it was a squeal of disapproval, not surprise, because he was going to have to share his spotlight... I'm thinking he'll probably find a way to get on the soap opera, as well.

The only redemption I'm getting is knowing that famewhore is googling himself like mad and seeing how much he was detested by the majority of viewers.

• Love 7

Someone must've already hinted to Frankie (or he already googled himself) about the stance he took about lesbians.  When Sara Gilbert brought this topic up, he seemed prepared to answer.

I hope I never see him again on my screen.  I knew they were going to have Derick but was surprised when I saw Frankie at the table too and was pissed that they didn't have Cody instead as the runner-up.  Frankie was awful on The Talk, primping and butting into every answer so he could get screen time.

Frankie was awful on The Talk, primping and butting into every answer so he could get screen time.

Detestable but understandable.

Frankie has to make the most out of every media opportunity.

Who with half a brain would have him on their show a second time?

He will travel with her on her tour when out.  She is rising at break neck speed.  He will hitch his wagon to that and become an integral part of her entourage.

Right up to the point where she fires him and he writes a book.  

• Love 1

I watched a couple of Ariana's music videos expecting to see Frankie appearing as a dancer, but didn't.  However, the one she released this summer for "Break Free" has an introduction that Frankie would seemingly write:    "What you are about to witness is scientifically authentic.  It is just one step ahead of present day reality and two steps ahead of present day sexiness.  Prepare yourself to attempt to conceive an inconceivable outer space adventure. Brace yourself for something so fantastically fantastical you'll soil yourself from intergalactic excitement..."  Or maybe Ariana has the same personality/style as Frankie.  I, however, cannot see any glaring physical resemblance between these two half-siblings.

This was the first season since BB2 I was finally able to stop watching. Still, I find Frankie reprehensible. He is now talking to media about he "fell in love" with Zach in the house - while of course saying things like, "The Zankie reality show needs to happen immediately!" It is so glaringly obvious that he knows the public liked Zankie as an entity and now he is totally trying to leverage that for more exposure (kind of like what that skeezbag Nick did with Gina Marie last year). Frankie has clearly learned nothing from his time in the house and I don't understand what Zach sees in him.

• Love 3

Right up to the point where she fires him and he writes a book.  

Ha!!  I read the book Madonna's brother wrote about her and when watching Frankie talk about his sister and how HE is famous and how close they are I just couldn't help but compare the situation.  From all reports, she's becoming a diva like Madge...  I'm sure having such a cloying, fame addict brother breathing down her neck will get tiring and the split will eventually happen.  Hope he's put some money away.

• Love 1

I can't stand Frankie, which is funny because I didn't mind him until the big reveal. With that being said it seems like him and Ariana are pretty close. She seems to really care about him this was the busiest summer of her life and she was in the live audience twice and was pretty up to date about what was going on in the  house.

Like you choclatechip45, I liked Frankie for the first several weeks in the house. That changed quickly starting with his "grande" reveal. Perhaps Ariana was up-to-date on house happenings because, like me, she found it irresistible to watch a full-on train wreck.

I'm not a live feeder, but do visit many BB forums, and one Frankie comment, made early on during the season I think, wasn't caught by many live feeders. Avid fan that I am, I was also surprised that I didn't hear of it until after last week's finale.

In addition to misogynistic, rape-encouraging, famewhoring POS, you can add racist to the growing-longer list of adjectives commonly used to refer to Frankie delusions-of-GRANDEur.

To back up accusations of racism, two sources; a travelogue he penned describing the start of a trip to Africa... (ya, that's quite a mind-bender, to spout off racist comments while embarking on a charity trip to Africa).

The second source is a little clip where he is describing the stagnant, dirty, dark coloured pool water as being "Devin-coloured".  (For those who don't know - Devin was another houseguest this season).

In the travelogue, "be forewarned, our little pink-haired charity worker’s heart is filled with disgust for Delta employees, fat people, black people, Israel, Jewish people…the list goes on.  The mission of the trip seems completely lost on him, but his true nature rings through quite loudly."

http://tamaratattles.com/2014/09/06/frankie-j-grande-is-a-despicable-human-being/

And the Devin-coloured water comment: http://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_n93h8xcvdb1qzhwjo.mp4#_=_

As for his millions of twitter followers, Frankie, like all "arianators" participates in twitter follow-me I'll follow-you trains. A fan tweets announcing the start of a train. Everyone who wants to increase their number of followers, retweets that tweet. Everyone who retweets it follows everyone else who retweets it. Works slick. I increased my number of followers x 5 in just 3 days. I have seen the Arianators tweet trains. (90% of these fans have nothing but Ariana pics and tweets, user names based on Ariana's name... like the grandeA@fanariana... and show little to no other content, so probably most of them are fake accounts too... one would think if they were real people they would also be tweeting about school, friends etc, but took a close look and nothing but ariana content).

• Love 1

Frankie had the audition of a life time.  He could have gone from crazy Frankie in the house and showed up to the show outside the house in a suit and normal hair and talk normal.  No!  No way in hell!  He dresses up like a 40 year old elf, glitter and all.  He truly is delusional.

He could have milked that appearance for all it is worth but he fucked it up.

• Love 4

That's a good point. Now that would have made him interesting! Staying with the same old schtick for weeks on end was wearing on me, but apparently not on him. Also, you'd think his circulation would be cut off by those tight shorts he wears all the time. Deep vein thrombosis, here we come!

I'll just pop this in here -

@FrankieJGrande: @justinbieber thank u for the support man! U are a true talent & ur music helped me get through my toughest week in the house.

Yeesh.

Someone must've already hinted to Frankie (or he already googled himself) about the stance he took about lesbians.  When Sara Gilbert brought this topic up, he seemed prepared to answer.

And if I stood on my head and twirled around five times I could almost understand the point he was trying to make. First he paraphrased his original statement, but Sara Gilbert (Yay!) gave him a baleful look and he tried to dig himself out of the hole again. He said that he studied sexuality and gender a lot in college, and that the studies show that some lesbians will recognize their sexuality at a later point in life and then decide to live it. Or something.

I watched The Talk, too, and was disappointed that Frankie got more than half of the attention. Not surprised, but disappointed. 

I have a feeling that Frankie's appearance on The Talk was part of his 'deal' before he entered the house. 

I hadn't thought of that, but that makes sense. He's the only fifth-place winner I've ever seen on CBS This Morning or The Talk, and especially not with the other three places there as well. It also made it clear to me (as did an interview from a couple of weeks ago), that Julie is really entertained by Frankie. I thought she was just barely tolerating his non-stop sycophancy, but I think what I read as irritation at his antics was actually "Chenbot must keep show moving so don't say anything more!" tension. I thought better of you, Julie, I really did. 

Edited by Kris117

After All-Stars it was pretty well known that The View would only have Boogie & Erika on if Janelle came on with them. The final 4 houseguests this season were really that interesting at least with Frankie they have the Ariana angle to promote and at least Sara GIlbert called him out. The only reason I don't think it was included in his pre show contract is because I think Frankie would of told everyone on the feeds. He really does not have a filter.

• Love 1

I thought I'd bring this over here..as I mentioned on another board I belong too; it looks like Frankie's 3 month long audition on Big Brother worked out

broadway.com ‏@broadwaycom · 1m1 minute ago  Manhattan, NY
Don't stop believin'! BIG BROTHERS's @FrankieJGrande joins Broadway's @RockofAges: http://bit.ly/1t8qyjn @BBAU9

That's interesting because a casting director pal of mine says he cannot sing and is a terrible actor. I can't see his name being a draw so I have to say what the fuck man?

They're probably hoping he has some name recognition which might help put butts in the seats.

Time will tell.

A show starring Frankie and Constantine from American Idol? It's like reality TV hell.

I'm no fan of his, but Constantine got a Tony nomination for the show. What Frankie brings to the table I have no idea,

• Love 2

They're probably hoping he has some name recognition which might help put butts in the seats.

Time will tell.

That is what I am thinking, too.  And he probably has a very small part.  In Mama Mia he was a dancer/singer and there were many of them.  

He has a part with actual lines.  I saw Rock of Ages last year (the touring show, not in NYC), so I'm sort of familiar.  It's about two German developers in the 80's that want to knock down Rock & Roll clubs in LA. It mainly focuses on the people working in the club (wannabe rock stars). Frankie is playing one of the developers (the son) who, iirc, is an over the top "generic flamboyant homosexual" with lots of squeals and overreacting.  He is kind of playing himself.

In related news, I occasionally catch up on twitter, and Frankie tweeted a German flag a few days ago, which many people took as some sort of Zach reference.  Clearly it was about this part, and I laugh at the drama on social media, which is a scary, scary place.

• Love 1

I just read the synopsis of RoA online, and apparently Frankie's character isn't gay.  My bad.  He is cartoonish and flamboyant, but has a relationship with a woman.  He is described as "foppish", so that's where I got confused.

Kind of off-topic, but I thought some of you might find it interesting.

http://guff.com/ariana-grande-the-scientific-explanation-for-why-she-sucks/

Well, I think it's pretty common knowledge that her ponytail is fake. In fact, Arianna  publicly whined about it being an extension, because she claims her hair was "ruined" by the ugly red dye job Nickelodeon made her do for her character on their shows.  So this writer is wrong saying she pretends it's real.

The stuff about her having a tude seems to vary in the amount of backup it has.  She's clearly sounded like an arrogant idiot on Twitter and in interviews before on occasion. I suppose it would be nice to have inside info on what kind of rider she has for personal appearances.  The Gozdilla sized egos often can't help revealing themselves in those.

Honestly from the title of the article I thought it would be more about her singing and why IT sucks. Her actual range and tone is pretty good--when she's compared to Mariah in those categories it's not totally inaccurate. But what's nightmarish is her diction.  She mumbles and rolls words like 95% of the time.  She's got the whistle tones and vibrato and all that neat stuff, and then inside that the words are SO indistinct she makes Bob Dylan sound like he's good at enunciation in comparison.

• Love 2

Just a few days after I saw how Ariana was with Frankie after he opened/appeared in Rock of Ages, I saw the article today that it's closing on Broadway in January.

Casting him may have been a ploy to get more butts in the seats - either for the last few weeks or an attempt to keep the show going.

Wonder if he knew ahead of time (like Nene Leakes who's going to be in the last few weeks of Cinderella on Broadway) or if he found out after he signed on for the show.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/11/18/rock-of-ages-to-close-on-broadway/

• Love 1

He was on ABC's Nightline last night in a segment about social media moguls. Of course, now he's more insufferable than ever. http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/turning-social-media-fame-big-hollywood-breaks-27075478

Are his social media numbers really good enough to deserve that coverage? His numbers may seem like a lot, but I don't think he's even in the Top 100 YouTubers. Even post a whole summer of being on BB. And his most viewed videos all seem to be about Ariana anyway.

Giving him a break here, of course the entertainment bizz is all about getting attention.  I do not fault him for anything he does to do that.  I did not care for him in BB but I do see a young man looking to make a mark in Hollywood/Broadway. 

One of the biggest snarks against Frankie was that he would forget about his BB family post show, never looking back... and that hasn't been the case.   I think outside of Brittany, Donny, Devin, Victoria, and Joey he seems to be relatively close to everyone if his Instagram and Twitter feeds are any indication.  All seem to really enjoy being around him, so good for him being able to mend fences and for everyone to realize it was just a game.    

One of the biggest snarks against Frankie was that he would forget about his BB family post show, never looking back... and that hasn't been the case.   I think outside of Brittany, Donny, Devin, Victoria, and Joey he seems to be relatively close to everyone if his Instagram and Twitter feeds are any indication.  All seem to really enjoy being around him, so good for him being able to mend fences and for everyone to realize it was just a game.

I think him and Victoria are somewhat friends. I remember her tweeting I wish I could be there when he made his Rock of Ages debut.

Edited by choclatechip45

I think him and Victoria are somewhat friends. I remember her tweeting I wish I could be there when he made his Rock of Ages debut.

I thought so.  I added Victoria to the list because I wasn't entirely sure but figured they were good.  I also wanna say him and Brittany are good too, she had posted a Flashback Friday tweet awhile back with her and Frankie kissing from BB.  

It's amazing he still gets hate for just being within the small BB community when the majority from his cast actively interacts with him and has moved on.  Some fans act like what happened in that house is still transpiring and simply can't let go.   The comments he gets on YouTube & Twitter are brutal, the hate now is for the sake of it because he's actually conducted himself well post show.  He hasn't lashed out at haters or his detractors but instead has focused on being positive and just doing him. Which has lead to some pretty solid bookings (namely his run in Rock of Ages) and though his last name surely doesn't hurt, he seems to have been networking for years and knows a lot of people in the show biz world on his own.  This is coming from someone that didn't like him at all but midway thur the show I started to realize the hate he was getting wasn't always justified and now post show even more.  

It's amazing he still gets hate for just being within the small BB community when the majority from his cast actively interacts with him and has moved on.  Some fans act like what happened in that house is still transpiring and simply can't let go.   The comments he gets on YouTube & Twitter are brutal, the hate now is for the sake of it because he's actually conducted himself well post show.  He hasn't lashed out at haters or his detractors but instead has focused on being positive and just doing him. Which has lead to some pretty solid bookings (namely his run in Rock of Ages) and though his last name surely doesn't hurt, he seems to have been networking for years and knows a lot of people in the show biz world on his own.  This is coming from someone that didn't like him at all but midway thur the show I started to realize the hate he was getting wasn't always justified and now post show even more.

I couldn't stand Frankie during the latter half of the show, but I'm not really surprised that him and the cast are on good terms. Like you said based on his last name he has a lot of network opportunities and this cast seems pretty close (which makes for a boring season). Reality tv fans are notorious for that behavior so I'm not surprised Frankie has received it.

I don't get hate for any contestant. There are things that we see with a large number of contestants that set of red flags for me but the vast majority of reality show contestants go one to lead some what normal lives. Some don't and we are not surprised. But these are young folks, the vast majority are in their 20's, who are selected for over sized personalities, their looks, and a competitive drive who we watch on TV for a few months. Snark I get. Discussing some of the more dominant characteristics that we see I get. But hate? Nope, don't get it.

It is a TV show. We don't know these folks so let it go. Dislike or hate the character that was portrayed but that is not always indicative of the people that they were when filming. Even if it, allow for the possibility that the person can change.

Ah well, different strokes for different folks

• Love 5

ProfCrash, that post needs to be pinned.  

I couldn't stand Frankie during the latter half of the show, but I'm not really surprised that him and the cast are on good terms. Like you said based on his last name he has a lot of network opportunities and this cast seems pretty close (which makes for a boring season). Reality tv fans are notorious for that behavior so I'm not surprised Frankie has received it.

BB16 was the first time where I watched the show and followed along on social media and it made for an interesting experience.  There was a strong distinction between how he was viewed in the RL and online, I personally only know about five people that only watch the show and don't go online so they loved Frankie.  Even after informing them all about the ~controversial~ statements he had made, they didn't care.  Meanwhile people online were acting like he murdered someone with a headline claiming him to be the "Most Hated Houseguest Ever." As bad as Frankie got I could never fully get behind the hate because some of it was seeped in homophobia (IMO), even now I see a lot of "He makes me ashamed of being gay..." "He is just way too gay..." "Someone should beat his face like he does with his makeup" type of remarks.  He's harmless and everyone that has met him have nothing but good things to say and that includes his cast.  Some I thought would never speak to him again -- Cody, Nicole, Jocasta, Victoria -- have all let it go.