Type keyword(s) to search

Frankie Grande: Overwhelming No

Ariana tweeted last night about the episode:

hating tonight's #bb16 episode. wanna hug @frankiejgrande n then slap some sense into him. grrr. save zach! put up derrick. please. so upset

Must be frustrating to have him show what an ass he is, hope she talks sense into him when he goes home. 

• Love 3

I can't believe this twit said people can't tell who's younger him or Ariana. Granted she looks mature but Frankie is pretty ghastly, must have been a rough 31 years.

I think the pink hair and dressing like a twenty-year-old ages him more than anything else. Stacy and Clinton would agree, I'm sure! Really, Frankie's clothes are just a slightly older version of S15 Andy's Garanimals. They both look stuck in a previous decade, and they both would look much better with age-appropriate clothing. 

• Love 1

Wouldn't it be appropriate if Frankie is evicted before the finale if they play "Problem" for his procession to the Chenterview? "One less problem without you" seems to fit what everyone thinks of him these days.

She talks about Frankie and the BB house in this article:

"Derrick is running the whole house right now, which is annoying," she said of the undercover police officer, who has kept his job under wraps and is friendly with everyone in the house. "And I feel like if Frankie -- I want to telepathically tell him, 'Just backdoor Derrick!' Because that would be the greatest, bravest move he could possibly make. Oh my God, it would be incredible."  Unfortunately, that telepathic message didn't reach Frankie, who backdoored onetime BFF Zach (RIP #Zankie!) much to his sister's dismay on Wednesday night.

But Grande was happy when Frankie finally revealed his big secret last week: You know, that his sister is the biggest pop star in the country.  "I'm just so proud of him, because I love what he did when he came clean and told everybody about his career and what he does and about his family," she said. "I thought that was a very bold move, especially because Derrick -- he's a cop. He's like [mimics Derrick's voice], 'I actually am who I say I am.' Um, but you're not though."

While she really hopes Frankie wins, most of all, she's just ready for him to come home. "It's been amazing to watch him, but it's been frustrating. It's been -- ugh -- annoying. I miss him so much. Like, I miss my best friend. I love him so much. But I'm so proud of him, because this is something he's wanted to do for a very long time."  Since ESP isn't working out for her, Grande is ready to move onto something more drastic, like renting an airplane with a banner behind it to get a message to Frankie as superfans have done in previous seasons. "Don't think I didn't think about it!" she laughed, adding that she's also trying to send him hints through her letters. "I literally thought of every possible code to put in."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6228970/ariana-grande-frankie-big-brother-interview

Thank you, mod with the magic powers! Good idea, DAngelus. 

To give him credit, I was surprised at how well he handled the "Overwhelming No!" moment on the air. I don't plan on saying anything nice about him ever again. 

• Love 2

Well when he's not hamming it up or acting like a s****** idiot he can probably act I mean at least good enough to get a part once on Broadway and to convince a few people he's not a lying asshole. So at that moment his ego convinced him to play it off and he was able to stifle his reaction.

Why did his old HOH letter say his sister was opening the VMAs? I didn't watch but heard it was Nikki Minaj atrois.

His sister opened, performed part of one of her songs, then Nikki Minaj performed part of one of hers, then Jessie J, Ariana and Nikki performed "Bang Bang". They were the opening act.

• Love 1

In reference to the old title thread, check out Frankie when he really was about 28:

I seriously feel sad. He was infinitely better looking when he had a natural-looking haircolor, allowed himself some carbs, and had a face that wasn't botoxed to hell.

Frankie being a former fraternity guy explains so much about his game and how he seemed to know exactly how to be the flaming gay guy but still have the straight guys be comfortable with him. I don't remember him saying he was in a frat to the other houseguests, but he might have.

I kind of suspect though that he played up the flaming gay guy routine and the whole "I'm partly a girl inside" to get the women of the house to feel non-threatened by him while at the same time he was setting up his Brigade II Frat. When he wants to, he can drop the swishy gay act pretty damn fast.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 6

He's definitely had some work done.  The video, though gag-worthy, was infinitely more tolerable than his usual prissy, preening self.

I about died laughing when I ran across this pic:

ariana-grande-defends-brother-frankie-ho

ETA:  The thread title change gets my stamp of approval.

Edited by Overwhelming No
  • Love 5

He was infinitely better looking when he had a natural-looking haircolor, allowed himself some carbs, and had a face that wasn't botoxed to hell.

Agreed. He looks sooo much more handsome and...mature in that audition tape.

• Love 1

In reference to the old title thread, check out Frankie when he really was about 28:

I seriously feel sad. He was infinitely better looking when he had a natural-looking haircolor, allowed himself some carbs, and had a face that wasn't botoxed to hell.

Frankie being a former fraternity guy explains so much about his game and how he seemed to know exactly how to be the flaming gay guy but still have the straight guys be comfortable with him. I don't remember him saying he was in a frat to the other houseguests, but he might have.

I kind of suspect though that he played up the flaming gay guy routine and the whole "I'm partly a girl inside" to get the women of the house to feel non-threatened by him while at the same time he was setting up his Brigade II Frat. When he wants to, he can drop the swishy gay act pretty damn fast.

Thanks for posting that Survivor audition tape methodwriter.   I don't watch Survivor but if name dropping Probst's name didn't help then it must be a tough show to get onto.  The sad part is, the guy in that video seems athletic, good looking, and likeable.   I would have said he is overacting on BB but no one can keep an act like that up 24/7 for months on end. 

• Love 4

I wouldn't say he keeps up the act 24/7. There are times when he drops his "I'm part-girl gay cuddle boy!" act.

The main point is, that video basically underscores what I think is up with Frankie- he freaked out when he turned 30 and still wasn't famous, and he responded by jacking up his face, putting on the loud outfits, and dialing things up by 10.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 4

He's definitely had some work done. The video, though gag-worthy, was infinitely more tolerable than his usual prissy, preening self.

ETA: The thread title change gets my stamp of approval.

That picture scares me!

• Love 1

That picture scares me!

Wow, he looks like a little Liberache wanna be.   His sister probably had a nose job before this pic was taken.   Nothing wrong with that. 

• Love 3

The family of "Big Brother 16" houseguest Victoria Rafaeli is fuming mad over a joke Frankie Grande made about 2 guys teaming up to take Victoria's virginity ... and they want apologies from him AND his sister Ariana.

During the livestream on Saturday, Grande told two male houseguests they should "double team" Victoria and "take all her virginities." He then made a bunch of extremely sexual gestures. Just watch the video.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/31/frankie-grande-big-brother-victoria-rape-joke/#ixzz3C3kjGztS

and more: http://guardianlv.com/2014/08/frankie-grande-in-hot-water-for-rape-joke/

Edited by JerseyGirl

The family of "Big Brother 16" houseguest Victoria Rafaeli is fuming mad over a joke Frankie Grande made about 2 guys teaming up to take Victoria's virginity ... and they want apologies from him AND his sister Ariana.

During the livestream on Saturday, Grande told two male houseguests they should "double team" Victoria and "take all her virginities." He then made a bunch of extremely sexual gestures. Just watch the video.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/31/frankie-grande-big-brother-victoria-rape-joke/#ixzz3C3kjGztS

and more: http://guardianlv.com/2014/08/frankie-grande-in-hot-water-for-rape-joke/

And his famous sister has exactly what to do with his joke? Her fame and wealth for potential lawsuit?  I admit the joke is creepy and should require an apology.   

Caleb is concerned about evicting Frankie "too soon" and having his fans hate him.   I guess Frankie exposing his backgound is turning out to have served him. 

ugh

I want to slap Caleb.  Snap out of it!

He's definitely had some work done. The video, though gag-worthy, was infinitely more tolerable than his usual prissy, preening self.

ETA: The thread title change gets my stamp of approval.

Maybe when the music career fades they can try ice dancing?

• Love 7

I wouldn't say he keeps up the act 24/7. There are times when he drops his "I'm part-girl gay cuddle boy!" act.

The main point is, that video basically underscores what I think is up with Frankie- he freaked out when he turned 30 and still wasn't famous, and he responded by jacking up his face, putting on the loud outfits, and dialing things up by 10.

I think it was that he wasn't famous…and Ariana was!  Outshone by little sis, how humiliating.

(Once upon a time, the WB had a short-lived comedy called Movie Stars, where Harry Hamlin and Jennifer Grant played movie stars who were trying to raise a family.  The best character in the show was the Hamlin character's bitter brother, condemned to a life of second banana-hood;  a running gag had him having a regular poker game with other stars' brothers, played by real-life star-bros Frank Stallone, Don Swayze, and Joey Travolta. Frankie clearly hasn't accepted his fate and learned to pull up a chair, yet.)

(Sidenote to a sidenote:  Frank Stallone has actually gotten a decent amount of work, over the years; many actors wish they could have his IMDb.  I mean, after you've seen the Frank Stallone remake of the Agatha Christie classic Ten Little Indians, what more can cinema offer?)

But this bit (from the Liberty Voice article) just makes me sick:

Just a few days ago, he voiced his opinion that lesbians choose their sexuality, and that no woman is born that way. He believes that women change their mind after dating multiple men and not being successful in the relationship, whereas men are born gay and can do nothing about their orientation from the start.

I don't know what's worse, that Frankie is so misogynist/thinks he's such a special snowflake that even his sexuality is more "real" than women's, or that he's lived as a gay man (in New York/LA/South Florida, none of which are lacking in vibrant gay communities)  and never heard the term "goldstar lesbian".  (A woman who has had no relationships with men, "unsuccessful" or not.)  What an ignorant dick, his vile Victoria- and Jocasta-specific comments aside. 

(Which are also vile, obviously, but at least have a personal basis; he's reacting to people he's lived with. [Again, not excusing those comments, just saying it's different.]  But this "only gay men are REALLY gay" nonsense is insulting to millions of lesbians he has never met.  Most of whom are very grateful for that, I'd bet.)

Gee, I wonder how Ariana feels about having big bro get her some free publicity now?  I mean, working in Hollywood, she'll never have to deal with any angry lesbian executives or co-workers, I'm sure…

Edited by DAngelus
  • Love 2

Wow, he looks like a little Liberache wanna be. His sister probably had a nose job before this pic was taken. Nothing wrong with that.

I think he wants to look and have the persona of Johnny Weir. Except Johnny Weir is more talented and original.

He def always looked way way older than his real age. His sister is pretty bland looking and I see the rhinoplasty.

• Love 2

Gee, I wonder how Ariana feels about having big bro get her some free publicity now?  I mean, working in Hollywood, she'll never have to deal with any angry lesbian executives or co-workers, I'm sure…

Ariana is too busy going on about how the epic celeb nude photo leak wasn't her, because "My Lil Ass Is a Lot Cuter Than That" (that's an exact quote from her, said on Twitter).

Which may or may not be true, but you can certainly once again see the Grande ego at work in feeling it has to be expressed that way, rather than he simply denying it's her in a standard manner.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 3

'BIG BROTHER' FRANKIE GRANDE'S 7 WORST QUOTES PROVE HE'S DEFINITELY IN VILLAIN TERRITORY::

“YOU MAY ONLY HAVE A FEW DAYS LEFT TO DISCOVER YOU’RE A HOMOSEXUAL AND TO HAVE SEX WITH ME.”

“IF [JOCASTA] IS PISSED AT ME FOR PUTTING UP SOMEONE WHO’S GOING TO GO HOME NEXT TO HER, THEN SHE CAN KILL HERSELF.”

“ANY LESBIANS CHOOSE TO BECOME LESBIANS LATER IN LIFE.”

“[CALEB AND CODY SHOULD] BOTH DOUBLE-TEAM [VICTORIA]… I THINK YOU SHOULD TAKE ALL OF HER VIRGINITIES IN ONE NIGHT. ALL OF THEM.”

“I’M GONNA TAKE A PAGE FROM MY BEST FRIEND ZACH ATTACK. BUT I’M GONNA DO IT BETTER ‘CUZ YOUR SHIT WAS KINDA WACK… SO ZACH MY FRIEND, PLEASE GO AND HAVE A SEAT. IT’S TIME FOR YOU AND JULIE CHEN TO FINALLY MEET.”

“GUESS HOW MANY FUCKS I GIVE [ABOUT AMERICA HATING ME]: ZERO. I’M GOING TO BE A SUPERSTAR. SUPERSTARS ARE HATED.”

“THE FANS DON’T CARE WHO I AM. THEY DON’T CARE WHO MY SISTER IS.”

http://www.bustle.com/articles/38867-big-brother-frankie-grandes-7-worst-quotes-prove-hes-definitely-in-villain-territory

http://youtu.be/aJCbP8dNjwU

Edited by JerseyGirl

Ariana is too busy going on about how the epic celeb nude photo leak wasn't her, because "My Lil Ass Is a Lot Cuter Than That" (that's an exact quote from her, said on Twitter).

Which may or may not be true, but you can certainly once again see the Grande ego at work in feeling it has to be expressed that way, rather than he simply denying it's her in a standard manner.

Not surprising. The Australian media is currently having a field day with tell of how much of a diva she is.

• Love 2

Watching Frankie's Survivor audition video makes him even harder to watch on BB. It can't possibly be an act, because who could keep that up 24/7? Even Meryl Streep would struggle, me thinks. But the difference in him in that video and on this show is unbelievable.

One of my ex-husbands (the middle one...haha) worked at Mama Mia for the entire run on Broadway. I'm gonna ask him which one is the real Frankie...stay tuned!

• Love 5

And his famous sister has exactly what to do with his joke? Her fame and wealth for potential lawsuit?  I admit the joke is creepy and should require an apology.   

http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/31/frankie-grande-big-brother-victoria-rape-joke/#ixzz3C3kjGztS

What the hell is the "PRRRRRAPPPS!" joke, with the hand motions?  I didn't see a rape joke, just drunk morons making tasteless jokes about sex with other house guests.  

I think most of what Frankie's said has been pretty innocuous.  I don't like his preening, fame-ho personality but some of the hatred level is a little odd to me.  

Ariana is an odd one.  When I see her on tv, she acts like a shy, dumbstruck little diva.  But in the media, every single quote I've seen of her has curse words and is outspoken.  

What the hell is the "PRRRRRAPPPS!" joke, with the hand motions? 

He's saying "props" and the hand motions are allusions to certain sexual maneuvers.

Comedians who use props are called prop comics and are generally (and lowly) regarded as maybe a couple of steps above vaudeville. Zingbot's whole shtick is rather campy and vaudevillian and so while Frankie's jokes about doing certain things to Victoria were way out of bounds (IMO), he was on target with the reference to prop comedy.

He's saying "props" and the hand motions are allusions to certain sexual maneuvers.

Comedians who use props are called prop comics and are generally (and lowly) regarded as maybe a couple of steps above vaudeville. Zingbot's whole shtick is rather campy and vaudevillian and so while Frankie's jokes about doing certain things to Victoria were way out of bounds (IMO), he was on target with the reference to prop comedy.

It is slang for giving proper respect or kudos.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=props

Edited by wings707

It is slang for giving proper respect or kudos.

Yes but I'd bet cash money that's not the meaning he was using. He was imitating Zingbot.

ETA: rewatched the Zingbot segment. You're probably right, I stand corrected. He was imitating Zingbot while it was still malfunctioning.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu

Suggesting two men 'double team' a young woman and take 'both of her virginities' is a rape joke in my book. I can't stand him.

Actually, as quoted earlier, he said "all", not "both", so he may have been thinking types of acts rather than just orifices.