Type keyword(s) to search

B99 In The News

• Start Topic

Andre Braugher has joined Twitter...

https://twitter.com/AndreBraugher

And his first tweet is all sorts of Captain Holt delightfulness

I suspect that with the positive momentum of the show. He's going to make one more push for that Best Supporting Actor Emmy, and that those around the show have suggested a social media presence will help. The female cast is pretty twitter active supporting the show, so I'm sure they'll help carry him.

Edited by Traveller519
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Traveller519 said:

Andre Braugher has joined Twitter...

https://twitter.com/ABraugher

And his first tweet is all sorts of Captain Holt delightfulness

I suspect that with the positive momentum of the show. He's going to make one more push for that Best Supporting Actor Emmy, and that those around the show have suggested a social media presence will help. The female cast is pretty twitter active supporting the show, so I'm sure they'll help carry him.

I just clicked on the link to read his tweets, but you have to Follow first, and then your request needs to be approved. I haven't gone thru that before. Also, isn't that Charles' photo for his avatar?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, peeayebee said:

I just clicked on the link to read his tweets, but you have to Follow first, and then your request needs to be approved. I haven't gone thru that before. Also, isn't that Charles' photo for his avatar?

It's to prevent the onslaught of trolls who would swarm to the site of a black gay police captain.

3 hours ago, peeayebee said:

What a Twitter Diva! Since this afternoon he has already changed his Twitter Handle. It's now @AndreBraugher 

Somebody has already swooped in on the old one.

I've updated my original post to hopefully head off confusion. Thanks for highlighting it.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Traveller519 said:

What a Twitter Diva! Since this afternoon he has already changed his Twitter Handle. It's now @AndreBraugher 

Somebody has already swooped in on the old one.

I've updated my original post to hopefully head off confusion. Thanks for highlighting it.

It would be my guess that someone already had that handle and his reps reached out to them and perhaps got twitter’s help if the person wasn’t a frequent poster which has happened before. 

I saw the news on Facebook, but I only got around to posting about it now.  Thrilled to hear since I did hear the ratings fell a little after the premiere, but I remained hopefully because A) I suspect it does better streaming/On Demand and NBC tends to pay more attention to that than FOX did and B) NBC and Mike Schur clearly have a good relationship.

Either way, no matter how it lasts, I'm glad that the journeys of the Nine-Nine will continue on for another season!  Congrats to all involved! 

• Love 5
On 2/27/2019 at 7:12 PM, Danny Franks said:

Wow. Thank you, NBC! It's so great to have a network that completely believes in the show.

To be fair, NBC has a financial stake in the continuation of the show, whereas FOX never did.

Still good news, though. 

It's Lin-Manuel Miranda as Amy's Brother David Santiago Day! I am SO excited (and honestly cannot get over how much the he and Melissa Fumero look like). This quick trailer featuring a sibling dance off has my expectations through the roof.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

So was episode 11 the last episode or will it be back? Will & Grace is in the timeslot next week and Abby’s is starting.

They really need to drop A.P. Bio. It is killing NBC's Thursday night. Since it returned, B99's ratings have dropped to FOX level lows. 

Thank god for dvr's & streaming. 

• Love 1
On 3/22/2019 at 10:11 PM, chitowngirl said:

So was episode 11 the last episode or will it be back? Will & Grace is in the timeslot next week and Abby’s is starting.

Answering my own question-April 11 is the return date.

• Love 3

Looks like another "Guardian of the Nine-Nine" will showing up this season!  Sean Astin will be guesting on the episode airing April 25th.

I guess they just need to find a way to get Mark Hamill, Seth Myers, and Guillermo Del Toro on the show, and the set will be complete! 

• Love 2

Stephanie Beatriz Joins The Movie Cast of IN THE HEIGHTS

She will play Carla!

She joins the recently announced Anthony Ramos, Melissa Barerra, Corey Hawkins, Leslie Grace, and Jimmy Smits.

Additionally, it's been reported that Olga Merediz is in talks to reprise her role as Abuela Claudia. She was Tony Award-nominated for her performance.

Actor Rhenzy Feliz is in talks for the role of Sonny, Usnavi's cousin, and Daphne Rubin-Vega may be playing salon owner Daniela!

In the Heights will hit theaters on June 26, 2020.

• Love 2

Well, this makes me sad: Stewart, the main corgi that played Cheddar has passed away.  Sniff!  I hope the good boy knows that he help make Cheddar one of the best animal characters out of all of television.  Certainly no common bitch!

• Love 2
(edited)

For anyone with Hulu, there are clips up from this year's ComicCon - looks like they even have all 47 minutes of the entire B99 panel, but I haven't watched it yet.

Edited by Maelstrom
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Just saw an ad in the digital edition of my local newspaper. Apparently, a bunch of stars will be attending the Williamstown Theater Festival in Massachusetts. André Braugher is on the list, with others including Jesse Tyler Ferguson of Modern Family, S. Epatha Merkerson of Law & Order, and Jamey Sheridan of Law & Order: Criminal Intent, just to name a few.

• Love 2

Congrats to Melissa and David! (Though personally I dearly hope the show doesn't write her pregnancy in) 

And best of all:

On 11/14/2019 at 10:50 AM, biakbiak said:

Woot, woot!! No waiting for renewal this year! Renewed for season 8!!!!

Nine-nine!!!

image.png.ca70a606bcbf7d18b8b0fe433e1582ab.png

Edited by Maelstrom
the gif doesn't want to work, so just imagine Terry's victory dance please
  • Love 2