Type keyword(s) to search

Season 21 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

When I was at store getting hurricane supplies I saw a kid hauling a big watermelon and thought about Blockhead and was going to go back to produce to get one (but forgot). Anyway, here in NC the storm hits us tonight and into tomorrow morning...I think (don't REALLY know as this MoFo has taken it's sweet ass time and changed course so damn much I wan't to call it my husband's name). We won't get much here as I am a couple hours inland but our power is persnickety so....😕. I hope it stays on long enough to watch the DE tonight. And if I were an energetic sort I'd go to the packie and get stuff to make watermelon martinis or some such. Alas I am too lazy (and, fruck, such work to get watermelon juice).

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/214802/watermelon-martini/

Edit to add...so I ran out to the packie and look what I found (watermelon booze for the lazy, like me). It will prob taste like crap.

I6OBUowl.jpg

Edited by Lamima
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Nashville said:

You got one that hadn’t ripened enough.  Didn’t anyone ever teach you how to thump a melon?  😉

1 hour ago, xKHANx said:

Thumping is good, but to really gauge the ripeness turn the melon over and have a look at the yellow spot the melon has been sitting sitting on while growing.  The larger the yellow spot the riper it will be; But be aware, if it is too big and you thump it and it doesn't sound good then it may very well be too ripe.

I also look at the darkness of the green rind and how shiney it is, but that is just me

43 minutes ago, watch2much said:

I recently read an article on getting a good watermelon and I've been following it and have done pretty well.  look for a flat yellow area on the watermelon- it's a "ground spot" -that means it spent some time on the ground ripening before it's been picked.  you also want one with brown webbing on it.  It's a sign of pollination and the more there is the sweeter it will be.  I use to thump and thump and it did no good.  now I look for flat yellow spots and brown webbing and bingo--great watermelon.  so all those times I thought the totally green, unblemished ones were the best, I was wrong.

These are GREAT tips and I appreciate them tremendously.  I will try them next summer for sure!  But the mood I’m in now,  for what’s left of summer I will just go back to my Manhattan upbringing and buy nice red ones already cut up!

39 minutes ago, Lamima said:

When I was at store getting hurricane supplies I saw a kid hauling a big watermelon and thought about Blockhead and was going to go back to produce to get one (but forgot). Anyway, here in NC the storm hits us tonight and into tomorrow morning...I think (don't REALLY know as this MoFo has taken it's sweet ass time and changed course so damn much I wan't to call it my husband's name). We won't get much here as I am a couple hours inland but our power is persnickety so....😕. I hope it stays on long enough to watch the DE tonight. And if I were an energetic sort I'd go to the packie and get stuff to make watermelon martinis or some such. Alas I am too lazy (and, fruck, such work to get watermelon juice).

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/214802/watermelon-martini/

Edit to add...so I ran out to the packie and look what I found (watermelon booze for the lazy, like me). It will prob taste like crap.

I6OBUowl.jpg

Why waste all that time?  Here’s an idea I saw online lol

also stay safe, hope you do not lose power 🤞🏻 

FA832A70-D9A9-4B3A-A7D7-2D26DE39F285.jpeg

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Otherkate said:

It's truly amazing what Jackson has done for the watermelon industry in just 2 short months. 

All this watermelon talk makes me wish I could eat the stuff.  At least I have some of the world's best peaches for another week or two.

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, Jackson knew where Nicole and Cliff would hide their vetos. What did happen is that Big Brother told Cliff, when he was trying to hide his veto, that he couldn't hide it in specific places. It's likely that they were trying to prevent that type of collusion. 

But Cliff did try to tell Jackson where his veto was, Jackson misheard, and found his veto anyway. 

These idiots can't even cheat right.  smh.

I assume Jess is still first out tonight.

• LOL 1
7 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Given the Chance.  

Who thinks Christie & Tommy take each other to F2?

I think they will.

Also, who is Jackson taking to F2?

Yall think he picks Holly? 

I think C and T will take each other. They probably have plan to go to F2 and share $ (though not supposed to). I do not think J would take H but H would take J. J probably wants to take Nicole or Cliff, probably Cliff. Though maybe even Tommy as they all (J/H/C/N) seem to be totally oblivious to how hard T and C are playing.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

I am so unreasonably happy about BB getting an early renewal with the Chen-bot included. 

Thiiis. This season may blow but it's like any relationship: it has its ups and downs. Right now I'm making it sleep on the couch so it can think about what it did wrong but we'll be back in a good place come next June. 

28 minutes ago, alihart41 said:

How many times will Jess say "like" to Julie?

I don't have enough fingers and toes to count that high. 

HOLA, JULIE JURY HOUSE!

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

I have never cringed so much during a BB broadcast sequence before in my life--and there have been many, many cringeworthy moments in these past 21 seasons.   Those scenes between Jackson and Holly last night were just full on embarrassing to watch.  And it isn't like Holly cant say she didn't know who he was or how he was--I got some strong call backs to how he treated Kat when he was "breaking up" with her and horning on Holly.  The difference is that Kat didn't keep weepily pursuing Jackson, she had some fucking self respect.  Holly crawling after Jackson like that is just pathetic.  His treatment of her makes me want to slap him, but her continuing to take it and come back for more also makes me want to slap her.

I agree.  It was cringe worthy.   Can’t understand why a 30 year old woman would put up with that treatment from a 20 year old frat boy.  If Holly wins any money, she really should invest in a good therapist.  

2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Tommy has been safe because of his own gameplay, not because of Christie. 

Agree 💯.   But the same could be said regarding Christie.   Both have played well.  

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Given the Chance.  

Who thinks Christie & Tommy take each other to F2?

I think they will.

Also, who is Jackson taking to F2?

Yall think he picks Holly? 

I think Christie would take Tommy.  I don’t think Tommy would take Christie.  I can see him orchestrating her eviction, keeping his hand clean, so it doesn’t come down to a Christie or Tommy final two.

Jackson won’t take a female.  His ego couldn’t take losing to a girl.  He’d rather lose to Cliff or Tommy before taking Holly or Nichole. 

Edited by LGGirl
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, Lamima said:

I think C and T will take each other. They probably have plan to go to F2 and share $ (though not supposed to). I do not think J would take H but H would take J. J probably wants to take Nicole or Cliff, probably Cliff. Though maybe even Tommy as they all (J/H/C/N) seem to be totally oblivious to how hard T and C are playing.

I read somewhere that the prize money is  awarded in payments instead of a lump sum.

$500,000 is really $374,000 after taxes.

If there was a pick from this group to do Amazing Race.....I can see Christie & Tommy.

Social game wise...they have done exceptionally well in the house.

I think both being gay .....gave them the perfect cover to become a ‘couple.’

Yea, I feel they knew each other before and knew each other very well.  Those photos do not lie! It was indeed, an unfair advantage. Especially, since they didn’t tell the other houseguests. Maybe BB was hoping C&T would tell the others and be off the hook....but, it didn’t happen.

And, Aunt.   She dated Tommy’s mom sister...???  Is this the correct relation?

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Thiiis. This season may blow but it's like any relationship: it has its ups and downs. Right now I'm making it sleep on the couch so it can think about what it did wrong but we'll be back in a good place come next June.

So true. I'm barely watching the broadcast show this year, so it feels like BB has been demoted to FWB, but if I made it through BBs 15 and 19 without dumping it, the tortured saga will clearly continue. Because through all the bad spells, I live in perpetual hope of another Season 10 or 20. Or at least another 11/12/17, where I don't totally hate myself come September.

And really, when the low bar has been reset like it has this year, the only way is up, right?

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, S.Batts said:

Just out of curiosity, to whomever watches the live feeds, do the house guests have to clean up that mess they made in the house after the veto comp?   Or does BB send in a clean up crew?

They have to clean it up.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Rbonnie said:

I hate Jackson again.  Number one, I’ve now seen the fight, so, ugh

But also bc this kid got me so in the mood for watermelon, and it IS summer, so I just bought a whole one, was about to cut it and then said hey lemme try Jackson’s way, it looks weird but interesting, so I did it his way which took just as long and the watermelon was not good it was white and light pink inside not red and if I had cut it the normal way I would have seen that with the first knife cut but I did it his way and I was too far in before I saw it was a dud and now I’m salty

So yeah, hell with you, Jackson

This is one of my fave posts ever!

2 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

I am so unreasonably happy about BB getting an early renewal with the Chen-bot included. 

I've spent the last several seasons wishing they would cancel it because I am so over it but I don't have willpower to stop watching lol.

ETA: Another good tip for picking a watermelon (or I believe any melon) is to find one that feels heavier than it looks.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

I think she did explain where the nickname came from but I think it was used on the show because BB can't seem to find people with no similar names - her name is Angie/Angela and there was already another Angela in the house. 

(I know this because she's surprisingly cool on social media. Terrible taste in friends, but if that's the worst thing you can say about someone...) She's gone by Rockstar for years. Even if there hadn't been an Angela in the house, she still would have used Rockstar. 

• Love 1

I've spent the last several seasons wishing they would cancel it because I am so over it but I don't have willpower to stop watching lol.

As much as people have complained about the cast and how boring this season is, this is the first season I didn't bow out early since 2016. Could not stand the return of Paul the year before last, and was bored out of my mind watching everyone help Tyler win last year. So yeah, I haven't lasted this long in awhile. 

The secret (for me) is to record the episodes and skip thru the recaps and commercials, then just keep up with live stuff here. I watch a little bit of BBAD every now and then but I don't know how anyone can bear to watch the live feeds. It must be torture.

It helps that there's so little else on in the summer, especially this month. I probably would have been done with this show years ago if it debuted in the fall.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Biosynth said:

Geez, is there no slop this year?  I would take away all the watermelon and make that moron eat slop the whole season.

Well... there was slop and Have Nots for a whole two? three? weeks. But see, Jackson was a Have Not - he volunteered for it - and he was thisclose to a mental breakdown, he snuck food into the cold side of the shower to eat while he pretended to take four forty minute showers a day, and honestly seemed like he was about to go on a psycho murdering rampage. So for his week, they ended Have Nots early and filled the storage room with his special treats, like watermelon, and things they told him he could only get in his HoH basket, like powdered peanut butter. And then they did Have Nots on a week that he was guaranteed not to be one (first three out of the HoH comp, I believe that was the FELL IN HIS PEE! comp) and possibly one other week when it was guaranteed that the HoH wouldn't choose him and then Have Nots and Slop died a fizzly death, just like every twist this summer.

In conclusion: Jackson ruins everything by being a big whiny man-baby. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
5 hours ago, Rbonnie said:

Yes I’m a thumper but apparently not a very good one!  I thought it sounded hollow enough. Usually I do okay but I think I was lazy and impatient today and the produce section was crowded.  I’m going to take my time next watermelon and I’m also going to slice it in half first like usual.  Lesson learned!

Not only do you need to thump but you have to choose one with a big yellow patch. That indicates it was vine ripened in the sun for a longer time. Makes for a sweeter watermelon.

Oops...someone beat me to this tidbit of info.

Edited by Maggie Mae
  • Love 2

First time in a very long time, I do not care who gets evicted in the second eviction. Once Jess is gone, I think they are all deserving and have played good games in their own way , to the best of their abilities.

• Love 2

Kinda nervous for tonight, then I hate myself for feeling that way about a bunch of tv weirdos. 

Also undecided if I want to watch in real time or binge a few more episodes of Foresnsic Files while checking a twitter for spoilers so I know if I’m going to be disappointed or not. 

Ugh....I need some ice cream. 

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:
8 hours ago, Rbonnie said:

I hate Jackson again.  Number one, I’ve now seen the fight, so, ugh

But also bc this kid got me so in the mood for watermelon, and it IS summer, so I just bought a whole one, was about to cut it and then said hey lemme try Jackson’s way, it looks weird but interesting, so I did it his way which took just as long and the watermelon was not good it was white and light pink inside not red and if I had cut it the normal way I would have seen that with the first knife cut but I did it his way and I was too far in before I saw it was a dud and now I’m salty

So yeah, hell with you, Jackson

This is one of my fave posts ever!

This is the biggest compliment, I know you don’t hand out praise that you don’t mean. You made my night!  For real 😀 

Taping show I’m 12 mins behind going to watch now.  This DE has me excited! Hope it all goes right lol 

thanks again @peachmangosteen!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Lamima said:

Damn...CBS doing non stop Dorian coverage...we are central NC...why????? Anyone have a link to watch via live stream, please?

Things I will NEVER miss about the East Coast! Constant live coverage of every snowflake or raindrop, except when Sandy hit ...when we could have used it in NJ! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Try refreshing it, or opening it in a private browser tab. That link usually works.

Is it a DQ commercial now

It's working...yayayayay!!! Thanks so much!

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 3
Just now, JD5166 said:

Things I will NEVER miss about the East Coast! Constant live coverage of every snowflake or raindrop, except when Sandy hit ...when we could have used it in NJ! 

As a West Coaster who takes advantage of the time-shifting package from my cable company, I've noticed that Michigan has a lot of thunderstorms. A whole lot. With lots of beeping and text scrolls and everything. (90% of my east coast channels are from Michigan. And one lonely Newfoundland station that cracks me up.)

1 minute ago, urusai said:

Jess's eviction interview was the most cringeworthy for a long time.  It seemed like Jess was on a time delay.  

Hands down, this is the best decription of Jessica's game. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4