Type keyword(s) to search

Season 21 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

I'll never forget Nick not understanding the idea of a "greatest hits compilation."

He's up there with Sis.

On another topic, does anyone think Kat has tracked down Brett yet? How long will that take? 

• LOL 3
12 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

And come on, you will never give up BB! I know BB20 irked you, but you were still here with us the whole time!

But I did give up watching, which I had never done before that season. And this season I gave up watching even earlier. Maybe in a couple more seasons I'll have worked up to never even starting to watch at all! I just need to break this cycle, dammit!

I'm disappointed in how boring post-show has been so far. But on the plus side I can forget about this season even earlier than usual now!

• Love 2

I was only able to watch the finale last night and the look on Michie's face as he walked out was priceless!!  He won but his glory was all taken away from him.  I LOVED it!   Nicole was happier to win AFP then Michie's win of $500,000

I couldn't vote for AFP since I'm in Canada but I want to thank you Americans for voting for Nicole to win.   Yay!!!

I've read in a few places about Michie possibly going on Survivor?  Would CBS really go there?  How would they sneak him watermelons and food?  That guy would have a breakdown after 12 hours of not being able to eat.  I can see him starting to shove dirt in his mouth.   He's be the only contestant on Survivor that would actually gain weight at the end from CBS catering to his every need.  

While Jack and Michie were bullies and nasty, Kemi was no saint.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, S.Batts said:

I was only able to watch the finale last night and the look on Michie's face as he walked out was priceless!!  He won but his glory was all taken away from him.  I LOVED it!   Nicole was happier to win AFP then Michie's win of $500,000

I couldn't vote for AFP since I'm in Canada but I want to thank you Americans for voting for Nicole to win.   Yay!!!

I've read in a few places about Michie possibly going on Survivor?  Would CBS really go there?  How would they sneak him watermelons and food?  That guy would have a breakdown after 12 hours of not being able to eat.  I can see him starting to shove dirt in his mouth.   He's be the only contestant on Survivor that would actually gain weight at the end from CBS catering to his every need.  

While Jack and Michie were bullies and nasty, Kemi was no saint.  

He has talked about WANTING to go on survivor. But I thnk that's slim to none chance. There haven't been too many BB/Survivor crossovers. 

12 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

He has talked about WANTING to go on survivor. But I thnk that's slim to none chance. There haven't been too many BB/Survivor crossovers. 

That's true. Although the two BB players who did go on to play Survivor were BB12 Hayden (who won that season) and BB16 Caleb (twice). So it's entirely possible. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

If Jackson did indeed lie on his application, I don't know why he wasn't automatically booted from the show.   I also don't know how TPTB can allow anyone who potentially lied on their application to win.

I agree. 

But what if Jackson did not have an eating disorder and psychological problems?  What if that was the lie?  Jackson is a liar.   I don’t believe anything he says.  He could have made all that up to manipulate production.  

If it wasn’t a lie and Jackson falsified his application, then CBS has every right to terminate their professional relationship.  It would have been a liability to keep him in the show.  Why they didn’t, is beyond me.  

The Jackson pile on during the last 30 minutes of the finale was a first.   Although throughly enjoyable to watch Jackson get raked over the coals, it really wasn’t necessary.   It obviously was orchestrated to humiliate Jackson and Julie Chen was totally on board.   I think Jackson is a manipulative POS and spent his summer manipulating and threatening the houseguests, as well as production.  We have no idea what really went on behind the scenes but production had to be pretty fed up with Jackson to throw their golden boy under the bus at the end

15 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

I mentioned the student athlete being helped in school before, but others correctly noted that that really doesn't happen with the less-lucrative sports and it REALLY doesn't happen with the benchwarmers like Analyse. 

I have a child currently in a lesser known state college and good friends with quite a few male and female athletes.   Athlete arrest records just magically disappear and charges dropped.   Athletes with interpersonal issues with woman are just shuffled to another school instead of losing their scholarship.  Teachers giving passes to athletes and padding their grades, especially if they are Hispanic.   Many athletes have bragged that they don’t attend classes or turn in any work but will still get as A. 

Analyse lack of knowledge doesn’t surprise me.  Preferential treatment for athletes is alive and well. 

12 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

That's true. Although the two BB players who did go on to play Survivor were BB12 Hayden (who won that season) and BB16 Caleb (twice). So it's entirely possible. 

Yeah, but Hayden and Caleb were pretty well liked.  Jackson is not.  

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

If Jackson gets his problems under control, I can actually see him doing well on Survivor, if only because if he seems to excel at comps in uncomfortable conditions. And he can get along with others when he has to. 

He would probably do better on Survivor than BB, because I don't think he's someone who is good at managing his emotions in a confined situation. He would never had made it to the end with Holly to constantly pull him back, no matter how little he wants to admit that. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Y'know what?  Kemi was mean girl bitchy but she did not deserve the shit that was piled onto her by these assholes.  

Of course she didn't, no one does.   But my beef with Kemi is that when she was talking in the dairy room she had this arrogance about her that her poop don't stink and everyone else's does.   She had a HUGE ego and she showed it.   

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

If Jackson gets his problems under control, I can actually see him doing well on Survivor, if only because if he seems to excel at comps in uncomfortable conditions. And he can get along with others when he has to. 

CBS would be foolish to allow Jackson on Survivor.   His problems are not easily fixed and I get the feeling CBS is done with Jackson.  

• Love 5
14 hours ago, hhawks said:

Did CBS think her particular skillset would get her far in the game, when they cast her?

No, they were just filling the "beautiful, athletic girl" slot.

And if she ended up a goat like Victoria, even better. Which could've been possible if Jack wasn't a overtly racist a-hole.

An interview with Nicole tells the "parents locked in basement story"!!

Gold Derby: That was definitely your comp. One of my favorite anecdotes about you is that you locked your parents in the basement when you were a kid. What’s the full story there?
Nicole: OK, so the full story there is that I was home with my mom and my dad came home with a Rudolph bag. I opened the door, like, “Oh, dad!” He was like, “No, no, you can’t see this” and went down to the basement. And I was like, “What’s in the Rudolph bag?” And nobody was answering me. Then my mom went down with him and I was like, “What’s in the Rudolph bag?” They were like, “You can’t come down here, you need to stay upstairs.” And I was like, “Oh, yeah?” So I flipped the latch on the basement door and I stood in the kitchen waiting for them, and when they came up the stairs, the door was locked. They were like, “Nicole, what’s going on?!” And I was like, “You’re not allowed in this kitchen until I know what’s in the Rudolph bag!” It took them at least an hour to coax me with chocolate. I finally gave in to chocolate, but to be honest, to this day, I still don’t know what was in the Rudolph bag.

Gold Derby: So chocolate is your Achilles’ heel.
Nicole: I got distracted by chocolate! Dammit!

Gold Derby: You need to find out what’s in the bag. It’s like “Seven”: What’s in the box? Hopefully it wasn’t a head.
Nicole: [Laughs] I know! This is my new mission.

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Y'know what?  Kemi was mean girl bitchy but she did not deserve the shit that was piled onto her by these assholes.  

She did not deserve the shit she took.  That is so true.

I have a good side and a 'don't you treat me like that' side with everything in between.  Might I say if I were treated as she was (and in all fairness there is a time frame that we don't have access to also) I'd come off as mean girl bitchy X 10.   And, then to be in a situation where one has to hash, rehash everything.... Ackkkk....  change the X 10 to  X 1000.

We don't really know Kemi.  Do we?

Edited by Ellee
  • Love 5
55 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

Don't forget that Caleb was not initially liked at all. Remember, he was the guy who was basically stalking Amber (somehow...in the house where they can't escape), pressured her to go on a date and, when she rejected his advances, got her evicted. 

He only became likeable after she left, when he became the "comic relief", so to speak.

So if Caleb can do that, Jackson could certainly get onto Survivor.

39 minutes ago, S.Batts said:

Of course she didn't, no one does.   But my beef with Kemi is that when she was talking in the dairy room she had this arrogance about her that her poop don't stink and everyone else's does.   She had a HUGE ego and she showed it.   

To be fair, I do think Kemi has a bit of an ego, but production pushed her to play the Bitchy Black Girl stereotype. She confirmed several examples where production would ask her to say a line in a different way, or "wag her finger like a sassy black woman". So I wouldn't take Kemi's DRs as seriously. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Vixenstud said:

True dat....but what I liked about her was the fact that her very existence bothered the hell out of Jack.  

Oh yeah and I totally wish that she was able to stick around awhile longer.  

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Classic symptoms of bipolar disorder.  Borderline personality disorder almost always comes with eating disorders and body issues as well.  Both have promiscuity cycles as well. 

Bipolar folks most most often commit suicide.  

I don't know much about Borderline but a cousin was just diagnosed as such.  What about Jackson made you think he has Borderline Personality Disorder?  And I thought it was those folks, not bipolar, who most often killed themselves.

Thanks to those of you who answered my question about Jackson's mental health issues.  I am truly shocked they would hire him as a cast member with any of those issues, and especially, going off medication right before he entered the house.  If it was truly cold turkey, that is potentially dangerous and he should have been monitored by a doctor.

I didn't like Jackson, but sometimes I enjoyed watching him having so much fun with the others, like the pie throwing.

Still, they need people who have their shit together before going into that house.

See y'all next summer!  Even those of you who said, I"m out!"

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
18 hours ago, zorak said:

Analyse in that interview, yeesh.  "America, I swear I'm really smart.  I was a student athlete and that's really hard and I made good grades in college."  I don't even know where she went to college but I'd say if she really did make good grades it means that the college in question had the lowest standards possible or they should be investigated for a scandal involving people helping the athletes cheat their way through their classes, which has been known to happen.

I don't know.  This girl is DIM.  She may be thinking C's and D's are good grades because your still passing.  Maybe there was a lot of extra credit, like cleaning the white board or picking up lunch for the prof.  I still can't get past her lower than low hair line.  That's the smallest forehead I've seen and if it's a theory that people with high foreheads are smart well then...

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

She confirmed several examples where production would ask her to say a line in a different way, or "wag her finger like a sassy black woman".

That's so messed up.  She seemed really capable of being a strong, independent woman all on her own who doesn't have to resort to stereotype to get her point across.  Production was wrong to do that.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

It sounds like Nicole was a real asshole as a child.   I don't think that story is the least bit funny.  If I pulled that type of shit when I was a child I would have been spanked and grounded.

ETA:  Yes, I was a child before the era of timeouts.

AN ASSHOLE?  No, just a kid. 

I've worked with kids, I've raised two kids, and it's not unusual for any kid to have that one story of the time the kid crossed a line and did something outrageous.  Nicole is talking about the one incident in which she got stubborn and insisted on having her way.  Big deal.  She's not saying she was the kind of kid who did this all the time.  I guess what I'm saying is that even generally good kids have "asshole moments."  it doesn't define them.  For most kids, you can pull up one particular day, or moment, or behavior, and either laugh it off as "remember the time you did this?"  or paint them as total assholes because of one incident. 

• Love 22
2 hours ago, LGGirl said:

Oh, I definitely remember Caleb having his fair share of detractors. Some people did come around on him, but others didn't until maybe when he pulled from Survivor for heat exhaustion.  But in the BB world, I would say he had a decidedly "mixed" reception.

And Hayden always seemed inoffensively bland more than anything. Maybe I'm forgetting, but I really don't remember the fanbase raving over him like they do others. Now it's especially hard to remember as Rachel and Brendon and then Brittany seem like they are the ones most people think of from that season.   

My point is if Survivor took Hayden and Caleb, I can easily see them taking Jackson. He fits right in with them. And Survivor loves to have someone who might play the villain role.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Yeah, I really think the show is naive enough to think that the rest of the people that they cast are ready to accept a black "mean girl" and they just aren't. They cast people who are going to ostracize people like Kemi right away.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, vb68 said:

And Hayden always seemed inoffensively bland more than anything. Maybe I'm forgetting, but I really don't remember the fanbase raving over him like they do others. Now it's especially hard to remember as Rachel and Brendon and then Brittany seem like they are the ones most people think of from that season.   

Didn't hayden get on because he was dating a survivor player?  Caleb was always perplexing to me but he did grow on me while on survivor.  I wouldn't mind seeing JAckson on survivor just to see how he handles it.  No watermellons, no sex, and you can't really go off on people when you feel like it - everyone else is too hangry to deal with that shit. 

1 minute ago, Vixenstud said:

How I wish that Da'Vonne had been on....she would have shanked those fools and wore their balls like earrings.

She's too busy trying to get back on the challenge (another perplexing addition) 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, S.Batts said:

Imagine if the diary room was really the dairy room, a magical place filled with cheese and ice cream?

Until next year's horror show (or the Survivor threads): so long, farewell, auf weidersehen, adieu. Adieu, adieu, to you and you and you.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

It was Bella and Kimi arguing in a hotel room. It was on David's instagram.

Um, I come here in shock. Today I learned that season 1's Jamie is the ceo and cofounder of It Cosmetics. Did everyone know this but me? She did well for herself!

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Otherkate said:

Um, I come here in shock. Today I learned that season 1's Jamie is the ceo and cofounder of It Cosmetics. Did everyone know this but me? She did well for herself!

I found that out years ago and was like wow lol. She recently sold the company though.

I don't know how much attention Survivor pays to their psych evals, but if Jackson really went off the deep end when he was on slop, I can't imagine how he'd do when all he had was a little coconut meat and some rice (if they had gotten their fire going).  I hope for his sake he doesn't go on.

I didn't watch all the Rob Has a Podcast interviews, but I saw most of Jackson's, and they asked him about going on the Challenge, and he said he'd be into it for the challenges but not for the social stuff.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 9/26/2019 at 9:08 PM, Tuxcat said:

The backyard interviews were fun. What we need though is live feeds as the HG watch the show back - and scroll through social media to learn all that they missed (and was said about them). Now that would be entertaining,

I would pay BIG money for this.  Can we make it happen?

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, Ellee said:

Nicole has been such a bright light in all her interviews.   Great things are going to come her way. 

Go, Nicole. 

She needs to be really careful of who she lets into her circle. I imagine many of the BB alum latching onto her popularity for clout.

• Love 8