Type keyword(s) to search

Season 21 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Is Kat Team Jack?  'Cause I think we could have a tie right?

RIGHT?!

She could surprise us, but she'll likely vote out Bella. I'm also not sure that Nicole will VTE Jack, since Bella was so very Bella to Nicole last week.

On 7/19/2019 at 11:48 PM, Dance4Life said:

There was uproar last night about David.  Some blacks feel that David is playing the race card a little too much.  Nobody was convinced with the......’I wanted things to be different’ .....with a face full of tears during the Julie interview.

Yea...we didn’t see him stand up for Kemi.  And, as a matter of fact....he was all snuggly with Kat and kissing Gr8tfuks butts.  He planned to work with them if he returned to the house. He told Jackson in the pantry.

So, that is that!!!!! 

Kemi kept it classy!

I never took that to mean that David wanted the Jacks to magically learn to stop being bigots or anything like that.  I presumed he was saying that he wanted to succeed in a game where, historically, African-American men (especially heterosexuals who might be thought "threatening") have done very poorly.

I mean, unless I've forgotten someone, Swaggy was the first straight black male in the house since Howard in BB15.  Jozea was gay.  Ramses was gay, and even denied being black.  Lawon was gay.  BB 11 Kevin was gay.  The show hasn't seen a straight black man make Jury since Bryan Ollie in S10.

So when David kept saying "this year", I assumed he was wanting to do better than Swaggy and Howard and BB13's Keith.  It's not as if he had any history of personal failures…and it's not as if bigotry has been an ongoing theme (thankfully) post-BB15.  He just wanted to be the "Scary Black Dude" who could survive in a game that hasn't been easy for black men to do well in.  No attempt to earn "sympathy" via the "race card", at least not IMO.

And, as we saw, had he won re-entry, David was positioned rather well, I thought.  But we'll never know, of course.  JMO.

• Useful 5
  • Love 12
(edited)

I'm hoping if it's a wall comp it will still be airing after midnight EST. At least, I can watch it on AfterDark. I'm too cheap to buy the feeds. In theory, I would like someone like Nicole or Nick to win to just mix it up a bit. I wonder if people like Christie or Tommy want to win. They're in a good spot and probably don't want to be HOH, right? I just don't want a Jackson or Jack HOH. I couldn't handle a whole week of that. Ugh!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Is Kat Team Jack?  'Cause I think we could have a tie right?

RIGHT?!

I'm 100% pessimistic. I can't take any more disappointment. 

22 minutes ago, Halting Hex said:

I mean, unless I've forgotten someone, Swaggy was the first straight black male in the house since Howard in BB15.  Jozea was gay.  Ramses was gay, and even denied being black.  Lawon was gay.  BB 11 Kevin was gay.  The show hasn't seen a straight black man make Jury since Bryan Ollie in S10.

This is... astonishing. I never even noticed, but you're right. 

• Love 2

And I think Kalia was the last African-American woman to make it as far as fifth? Eight seasons ago, in Season 13. (Though she probably would've gone further if not for Grodner blatantly jacking the process so a vet could win.)

43 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I'm hoping if it's a wall comp it will still be airing after midnight EST. At least, I can watch it on AfterDark. I'm too cheap to buy the feeds. In theory, I would like someone like Nicole or Nick to win to just mix it up a bit. I wonder if people like Christie or Tommy want to win. They're in a good spot and probably don't want to be HOH, right? I just don't want a Jackson or Jack HOH. I couldn't handle a whole week of that. Ugh!

you can get feeds free for a week or something i think? it's super easy to sign up and cancel. just a click of a button.  lately these endurance comes only last a couple hours if that. 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

This is... astonishing. I never even noticed, but you're right. 

In the past I have rolled my eyes at claims of racism in BB, with the obvious exception being Season 15 - because that shit was awful, but this season? You can't argue it.  It's really depressing and sad.  Looking back, it does make you wonder.  I think casting is somewhat to blame because we only get one or two people of color each season, and honestly that's not enough.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

you can get feeds free for a week or something i think? it's super easy to sign up and cancel. just a click of a button. 

And usually, if you cancel the day the free week is up they ask if you want to stick around for another month free.  I unsubscribed after BB ended last season and didn't get them for the start of this one because I was going to missing the first two weeks due to vacation.  While I was gone, I got an email asking if I would come back for a free month, so when I got home I used that code and won't have to pay until that month is up.  I'm a cord-cutter and always looking for deals because I'm cheap.  LOL   

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

jackson is whining again

ohhhh he's complaining about kat.  he must be the reason why she was crying this morning. 

jackson has SO much stuff on his plate that isn't even game related. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Why wasn't he allowed to bring his Xanax into the game? Surely people are allowed to bring prescription meds with them. Maybe he's over the withdrawal, but there was a reason he was on it in the first place. 

He isn't the first unstable houseguest to start cracking up in this game. I think they put Sam on meds last season, right? And there was the transgender HG whose name I forget who ended up hidden in a blanket for 2 days. 

I'm not being critical of them. After a couple of days in there with no privacy, being plotted against, eating slop and not even having a real bed, I'd be hiding in a closet. Wait, they don't even have closets. I'd be under a blanket then. (Then again, I think I'm self aware enough to know this game is not for me.) 

This is assuming he had a legit prescription to begin with. Jackson admitted in the first few days of feeds that the Big Brother house was like a detox for him because otherwise he'd be out drinking and whoring it up and partying. Another times, he brought up steroids (but he never said he used them, that was just guessing). That's not to say that you can't do those things with a real prescription but Xannies are pretty easy to get from non-legitimate sources - whether you're getting the real thing is a whole different issue, of course. (Don't get your drugs from the streets, kids. Go see a doctor.) (Unless you want the number of my weed guy.)

With a real prescription, you can bring it in the house. Usually when we hear about a HG taking meds, it's Adderall which is its own issue from Amanda hoarding it to Vanessa claiming that they purposely waited too long to give her her daily dose, causing her to lose a comp. I don't know if a HG has ever openly admitted to taking a benzo in the house. They definitely gave Sam a anxiety rescue med the one day and Audrey was definitely zombie-like when she finally emerged from the DR hours later - which is what Xanax is used for, not sleeping. I don't know whether they already had prescriptions for anything or if they got prescriptions from that point. I don't know how that works in the States. Out here, I have a better chance of getting Ativan from my dentist (but only 1 mg) than I do from my family doctor (none). 

I'm just saying: if Jackson really has an issue, putting powdered peanut butter and watermelon in the storage room isn't going to fix it. If he has a problem, they should be pulling him from the game. We know Big Brother won't because they don't like to pull anyone from the game and will actively try to convince you to stay. If he's just throwing a fit (which is what I suspect), kowtowing to his demands aren't going to help, either. If Jackson gets to blatantly break the HN rules (c'mon, he wasn't doing deep knee bends in the shower for his health), why should anyone this season follow the rules? Just claim you're having a hard time and you too can get all your favourite foods stocked two days before you can technically eat them. 

But I will die laughing if Jackson tries to smuggle a watermelon into the shower. Not that we'll get to see it because Jackson comes with a high probability of FISH on the feeds now. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

jackson says he couldn't bring in his insomnia prescription either (and then fish) 

now we get 4 feeds of nick and jack hashing it out

nick - it's funny how the games changes... yea i did want to get you out, but now no i don't (to jack)

Edited by Dmarie019
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Callaphera said:

To be honest, it doesn't matter what anyone in the house says that may or may not be insensitive because Tommy will be there quickly to tell you that it's all right, there there, it's being misconstrued.

Didn’t you mean to say, “misconstructed?”

17 hours ago, KootieTaw said:

Sis looks SO PISSED that she had to play Sporty Spice. 😂😂

She really looked cute, though, standing up! I thought Jessica, Holly, and Sis looked the best of the women. I liked Christie’s face makeup, but the outfit was “meh.” Even though I don’t like Jack or “Achy Breaky Heart,” I thought it was a good look for him. 

16 hours ago, green said:

I want to go back to ORIGINAL Season 1 rules.

America voted on who they wanted out.  The two HGs with the highest vote totals go on the block.  Then the others vote one of them out.

Still the best damn season of BB ever.

I disagree. US voters were too nice, and voted for the person they liked the best (and I was just as guilty as most). The UK voters were more ruthless. 

14 hours ago, hhawks said:

The use of 'like" becomes more and more common all the time.  How long before the nightly news begins  "And today Congress was like....and I was like.....and it was like...."

I thought it was going away, but no. I mean, like, hasn’t it been like 30 years since the Valley Girl days?

Maybe Jackson’s safe phrase, “blueberry pancakes” isn’t about sex, but is a “It’s safe to go into the bathroom now,” public service message.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

jackson says he couldn't bring in his insomnia prescription either (and then fish) 

And this is why I side-eye Jackson hard. Because of course Big Brother isn't going to allow a sleeping pill and if he's talking about Xanax, it's not recommended for sleep because of it's short life. Jackson, you either need a better doctor or you need to stop buying from Willie on the corner.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

When they showed the brief Holly, Jackson, Christie convo Jackson was on a rant and said something to the effect of how he's not even thinking about game right now because he's got a lot on his plate and pointed upward (meaning to the upstairs DR where the psych person has been seeing him).  As for his Xanax stuff, I remember he told someone that the prescription for it was only a recent thing but he had been taking it illegally for quite some time before he got the legal prescription.

• Useful 1

I hate it that BB won't let us see jackson spiraling 

nick - you and christie are allowed to talk to people outside of our alliance but we're not. 

jackson is spiraling.... nick is spiraling.... my own actual workplace has people spiraling..... 

• Love 1

nick thinks jack is a good person. 

also says he has nothing bad to say about sis or christie. 

he feels confident about the hoh - he says if you don't feel confident about the hoh then why are you here (talking in general) 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

The numbers and types of people of color cast, and their fates on the show, definitely show bigotry. Not as overt as Aaryn’s, but the kind people face everyday in job searches, school, etc., where white people subconsciously feel more uncomfortable around people of color and don’t give them the benefit of the doubt, or end up excluding them in subtle ways. People like Jack haven’t figured out that the unexamined life is not worth living.

Who is Beth? I’ve seen that name in a couple of posts, and I keep getting BB confused with Love Island, where there is an Elizabeth.  

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Kris117 said:

Who is Beth? I’ve seen that name in a couple of posts, and I keep getting BB confused with Love Island, where there is an Elizabeth.  

Holly - I guess David accidentally called her Beth when he got back in the house and it's been a running joke 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

I never took that to mean that David wanted the Jacks to magically learn to stop being bigots or anything like that.  I presumed he was saying that he wanted to succeed in a game where, historically, African-American men (especially heterosexuals who might be thought "threatening") have done very poorly.

So when David kept saying "this year", I assumed he was wanting to do better than Swaggy and Howard and BB13's Keith.  It's not as if he had any history of personal failures…and it's not as if bigotry has been an ongoing theme (thankfully) post-BB15.  He just wanted to be the "Scary Black Dude" who could survive in a game that hasn't been easy for black men to do well in.  No attempt to earn "sympathy" via the "race card", at least not IMO.

And, as we saw, had he won re-entry, David was positioned rather well, I thought.  But we'll never know, of course.  JMO.

You wrote. He just wanted to be the “Scary Black Dude”.....  who could survive in a game that hasn’t been easy for black men to do well in. 

Are you African American???

(btw: David already gave an interview and answered why he was crying)

50 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Out here, I have a better chance of getting Ativan from my dentist (but only 1 mg) than I do from my family doctor (none).

You're right. When I was going through extreme stress before my dad passed away, I had to beg my doctor for Ativan and he still only gave me a few half mg pills. 

Good point, though, about Jackson. He probably didn't have a prescription. 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

Holly - I guess David accidentally called her Beth when he got back in the house and it's been a running joke 

Ah, thanks! 

Christie reminds me a lot of Vanessa. She talks a mile-a-minute and is often hard to follow. She also cries at the drop of a hat. However, her crying is much less intimidating and accusatory than Vanessa’s was. Vanessa used her crying as a guilt trip on the poor schmo she was directing it at so she could beat that person down to do her will. Christie’s is just crying with some babbling thrown in and it’s easier for people to tune out. 

I did enjoy that she won the Chaos power. Seems appropriate. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

He just wanted to be the "Scary Black Dude" who could survive in a game that hasn't been easy for black men to do well in.  No attempt to earn "sympathy" via the "race card", at least not IMO.

I disagree with that. I took what he said as wanting to be the Average Joe, non-wacky, competent, person of color. An African-American version of the Average Joe white houseguest. Impressive because of his skill in the game rather than because he was cast as a “character.”

I remember how impressed I was when Marcellus was cast on BB 3. Casting a gay African-American was a daring step. That was in 2002, but casting seems to be stuck back there when it comes to black men. And of course the women have to have “attitude.” 

I loved Marcellus, even if he did make one of the dumbest moves in BB history. 

• Love 6

I was a pharmacist before I retired.  Xanax withdrawal is considered one of the hardest of the benzodiazepines.  if he has been taking it a long time and then suddenly stopped, the side effects can be really bad.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I will die laughing if it is the wall comp and if the first four to drop are the week's Have Nots. And Jackson is one of the first four. 

From your mouth to the BB God’s ears.

Just now, MrHufflepuff said:

The BB God is a cruel, trickster God who hates the viewers, though.

The BB God delivers once in a blue moon. 

Equally funny would be a Never Not pass announced for the first to drop and someone like Kat drops before they even finish announcing it. 

• LOL 4

I really hope Nick wins the HOH and his goal is to get CHristie to use her power. It doesn't matter if she goes home or not, just use it. He has to put up all members of the 6. No backing down now. His days are pretty much numbered so go out in style. 
Nick is the only one in the house who would make this move. Sam will not. Too scared and wants to eke out another week.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, missyb said:

Nick is the only one in the house who would make this move. Sam will not. Too scared and wants to eke out another week.

I agree. The only way we're gonna get Shitty 6 noms is if Nick wins HOH. And even then unless Sam or Nick wins veto then Christy will use her DPOV and remove someone and get Sam put up so basically this coming week is a wash unless Nick wins HOH and Sam or Nick wins veto.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, watch2much said:

I was a pharmacist before I retired.  Xanax withdrawal is considered one of the hardest of the benzodiazepines.  if he has been taking it a long time and then suddenly stopped, the side effects can be really bad.

The best use of Xanax is to have it on hand in case of a panic attack.  SInce a lot of panic attacks are triggered by the fear of having a panic attack,  (sounds weird, but it's true) just knowing you  have a Xanax with you can help, even if you don't take it.   Xanax is not a good daily long-term  med for most people who have anxiety but are functioning well.  If you need Xanax daily, you don't belong on reality TV.  

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Kris117 said:

I disagree. US voters were too nice, and voted for the person they liked the best (and I was just as guilty as most). The UK voters were more ruthless. 

I have to wonder if the same would be true for viewers today. Would people be more about team good feeds/drama? 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Now that I think about it, what would I have in my HOH basket?  Hmmmm....

Being from Philly, I'd have to have my Utz plain potato chips, Mountain Dew, Polar Ice gum, Snickers, Reesy Cups, Vanilla Zingers and guacamole fixin's.  As for music, I need Disco, 90's dance and some R&B.

What—no soft pretzels or cheese steaks?

👋🏻 from across the bridge in Jersey

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

I wish this Beth thing would go away from this thread.  It is like BB trying to force us to call Jackson something else.  I have no idea who she is and never will.

No.  What I said is America voted for the worst people to be nominated in BB1.  Not the nice ones.  They wanted the nicer -- and far FAR more interesting -- people to stay.  So we ended up with a great BB1 filled with interesting people and not a horror show of villain mactors like we have now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

We ended up with a season of people blatantly pandering to America to stay. I mean, really, Chicken George?

That’s who Owl Cliff reminds me of. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Tonight, I'm torn between expecting disappointment...and expecting great disappointment.

I hope Nick (bleh) is fired up to win HOH, but sorry, I'm really expecting a Sis (GAG) win tonight if it's a balance or wall comp. Maybe Kat or Tommy...does he want to win right now?

C'mon Grodner, give us something...please? A cancelled eviction (even with Bella, I'll take it at this point) would be great. Didn't she do that once when her beloved Frank was on the block?

I am 100% on board with blatant production interference. Or this season will just be a total snoozefest by the Smug Crew.

• Love 4