Type keyword(s) to search

House Hunters - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 8/5/2022 at 12:32 AM, Hedgehog2022 said:

They kind of annoyed me...all the "bro" stuff...the house they chose was so close to their neighbor that I wondered how that would work out if they had late night pool parties. I was wondering why they chose Phoenix? Maybe I missed it in the beginning. I lived in Phoenix for a summer after college and absoloutely hated it. The heat was unbearable. Scottsdale is nice but it isn't a place for young singles, unless it's changed. The people of Phoenix  freak out when it rains...at the time I was there they didn't have storm drains on any streets. When it rained, the streets inevitably would have some flooding that would be hazardous. I was glad to get out of there...I literally drove out and never looked back. When I crossed the Mississippi River and saw green grass and the rolling hills of Tennessee, I was almost crying. I never realized how much I liked the East Coast until I lived out there.

I agree. I visited Arizona once and thought it was in no way comparable to the East Coast with its green grass and trees and beautiful flowers etc. every time I see a house hunters from Arizona or New Mexico I just get very depressed. I don’t know what it is, all that dirt and sand a, cactus, and ugly grassy things growing out on the front lawn , The houses they show are  jammed  together in new communities, why don’t they ever show vintage homes are they few and far between ? You couldn’t pay me to live in a desert state..

• Love 4
3 hours ago, chediavolo said:

I agree. I visited Arizona once and thought it was in no way comparable to the East Coast with its green grass and trees and beautiful flowers etc. every time I see a house hunters from Arizona or New Mexico I just get very depressed. I don’t know what it is, all that dirt and sand a, cactus, and ugly grassy things growing out on the front lawn , The houses they show are  jammed  together in new communities, why don’t they ever show vintage homes are they few and far between ? You couldn’t pay me to live in a desert state..

And the scorpions…yikes! They seem to be as invasive in homes there as ants are on the East Coast. Also rattle snakes that you find relaxing in your front “yard”.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Agree that the barrel sink wasn't practical, but it was unique.

I stayed in a resort that had a barrel sink just like that. The water splashed all over it and the bathroom always smelled like wet wood.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Deserts have their own beauty. The housing developments that are pictured might not highlight. I spent a lot of time in Palm Springs and the mountains and desert scape are beautiful and the light can be extraordinary. 

I wouldn't want to live in the desert year round but it is fantastic in the winter. I certainly wouldn't opt for Florida or Louisiana because that climate in the summer is just as terrible in a different way. 

• Like 2

Brick, NJ. At the first house, when Nicole said the kitchen's not white! I replied the appliances are. My husband thinks he's handy too. He is able to do a lot but is awful about finishing things. I understand the desire to have waterfront. But pharmacists are not millionaires. Sounds like they'll take #3 for the space.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

And the scorpions…yikes! They seem to be as invasive in homes there as ants are on the East Coast. Also rattle snakes that you find relaxing in your front “yard”.

I lived in the desert for nearly 10 years. Never encountered a single scorpion or rattlesnake. I liked it there because the dry climate was good for my arthritis. And the housing prices were better, at least a few years ago. I moved back "home" a couple of years ago and my joints are miserable in the humidity.

This PA lady...wants the primary bedroom in the back because of murderers but is fine with the kids bedrooms being toward the front. I guess it's OK for the murderers to get to the kids first?

• Wink 1
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, rhofmovalley said:

I lived in the desert for nearly 10 years. Never encountered a single scorpion or rattlesnake. I liked it there because the dry climate was good for my arthritis. And the housing prices were better, at least a few years ago. I moved back "home" a couple of years ago and my joints are miserable in the humidity.

This PA lady...wants the primary bedroom in the back because of murderers but is fine with the kids bedrooms being toward the front. I guess it's OK for the murderers to get to the kids first?

There was a House Hunters a few seasons back in Phoenix…one home that was empty had been invaded by scorpions. They had an exterminator that had been there but there were still some scorpions in the home.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, rhofmovalley said:

I have friends that live in Tucson and have a couple of rattlers in their yard every year. Also scorpions and wild pigs (javelina).

• Like 1

NC'er here and in my yard I encounter rattle snakes, water moccasin snakes along with the non-poison variety several times a year. There are wild pigs (not one in my yard yet). Bobcats. Coyotes. Poisonous spiders. Bears. All of those have been in my yard on the regular. There is danger in every state. I think if I were to be in a situation of moving to a different area that the weather would be more of a choice than the critters. 

While I do think the toddler woman was childlike, I don't think she is a stupid woman. I think she would be exhausting to be around (just like a toddler) but she was not what I expected from the comments I read before watching. Did she or a contractor figure out that solution of building a platform on top of the stairs for the fridge? It seemed like that would be just as annoying, unpleasant to look at, as where it was situated now. Also not very safe unless they built it to a code. I really liked that third house and wish she had picked it. I was also expecting the camera crew to follow her down the street at the second house when the realtor shoved her out the door so he could talk sense into the mother showed her the outside side entrance that lead to the road. It was funny how she just wandered around out there all "wow" walking farther down the sidewalk. I thought there would be a scene where the realtor and mother found her a block away at a coffee house. I think the mother and daughter were very loving with each other and that the mother is flat out exhausted. 

I would like to see what features the Omaha babies would each get. Both of them had unique faces and I kept thinking there must be an app to combine them and see what they would look like. I liked the houses they looked at because they for the most part didn't have wonky floor plans. I hated that she was one of those women who wear those shirts with the sleeves that make you hold your hands wide open. Or I don't remember if she was just one of those women who holds their hands wide open. It is a peeve for me. 

Edited by stewedsquash
spelling
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

hated that she was one of those women who wear those shirts with the sleeves that make you hold your hands wide open. Or I don't remember if she was just one of those women who holds their hands wide open. It is a peeve for me. 

I was so intrigued by your observation, I had to rewatch to check that out 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

I have friends that live in Tucson and have a couple of rattlers in their yard every year. Also scorpions and wild pigs (javelina).

There are rattle snakes routinely found in Los Angeles as well.

They are common anywhere there is natural habitat. Coyotes even roam the metropolitan streets and small dogs and cats are at risk. 

Deers are a risk in the Northeast because of their ticks and there have been sightings of brown bears in New Jersey suburbs. 

2 hours ago, amarante said:

They are common anywhere there is natural habitat. Coyotes even roam the metropolitan streets and small dogs and cats are at risk. 

Deers are a risk in the Northeast because of their ticks and there have been sightings of brown bears in New Jersey suburbs. 

Yeah, we moved into their habitat. They didn't move into ours.

Is "I want my kids to go to the same elementary and high school me and my parents went to" really a thing??

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, rhofmovalley said:

Is "I want my kids to go to the same elementary and high school me and my parents went to" really a thing??

I'd be looking for a school with better English teachers.

If my parents & I had gone there, it is also likely that it has asbestos, old plumbing, old wiring or HVAC that cause problems.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

My husband and I were adamant our child would NOT go to a school we went to (with the exception of college). We went to Catholic schools and both of us got terrible educations. We wanted our child to be prepared for college, not be far behind the other students like we were.

But maybe the PA guy was prom king or captain of the football team or something and has nothing but fond memories of his school years.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, amarante said:

7 hours ago, amarante said:

I think we can all agree that are many different types of wildlife no matter where you live...for me I would prefer not to have scorpions in my house and rattlesnakes in my backyard. Having said that, my husband and son got Lyme disease a few years ago from tick bites and my son was bitten by a Copperhead two summers ago...and we live in Virginia...just outside DC so not exactly in a rural area.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
14 minutes ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

I think we can all agree that are many different types of wildlife no matter where you live...for me I would prefer not to have scorpions in my house and rattlesnakes in my backyard. Having said that, my husband and son got Lyme disease a few years ago from tick bites and my son was bitten by a Copperhead two summers ago...and we live in Virginia...just outside DC so not exactly in a rural area.

Yikes! When we lived in El Paso, TX my stepfather was leaving for work one morning and there was a rattlesnake on the hood of his car. He pulled out of the carport and used a broom to get it on the ground. Then he shot it. 🤣 Fun times!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, deirdra said:

I'd be looking for a school with better English teachers.

If my parents & I had gone there, it is also likely that it has asbestos, old plumbing, old wiring or HVAC that cause problems.

The "me and him" bad grammar is extremely grating to me. 

I expect it on reality shows since it represents a cross section which would include poorly educated people.

However when I hear that kind of poor grammar on scripted shows, I am completely confused. Are the writers stupid or is the use of poor grammar deliberate as a way of enlarging the character background since obviously characters in motions, tv or plays have always had deliberate accents, idioms etc. Marlon Brando in On The Waterfront didn't speak like that in person nor do most of the actors who portray New York characters. Tyne Daly speaks the equivalent of the "King's English" in terms of her accent but she had a real Queens accent when she was in Cagney and Lacey

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Is it just me or do we seem to have more home buyers ages 25-35 who are saying things like "he worked his whole life to buy a house" (Jersey Shore buyers) or "this is our forever house" (multiple) with no awareness of how ridiculous they sound? I don't mean that as an old man shaking my fist on the front lawn, I'm just talking logic. "His whole life" at 30 is (hopefully) barely any of it as an adult, and "forever" isn't something most of us get to decide. Life throws curves.

On 8/12/2022 at 10:15 PM, Hedgehog2022 said:

Having said that, my husband and son got Lyme disease a few years ago from tick bites and my son was bitten by a Copperhead two summers ago...and we live in Virginia...just outside DC so not exactly in a rural area.

Dale City represent, here!

On 8/12/2022 at 6:11 PM, rhofmovalley said:

My husband and I were adamant our child would NOT go to a school we went to (with the exception of college). We went to Catholic schools and both of us got terrible educations. We wanted our child to be prepared for college, not be far behind the other students like we were.

That's the other weird thing we see so often... relatively young homebuyers who want something because "that's what I grew up with." Does no one want new experiences anymore? If I grew up with something, that's usually the last thing I want *more* of as an adult simply because I grew up with it. Try something new, for pete's sake. If you hate it because of a legit reason, fine, but "I grew up with it" is all about you and not about your partner or learning or anything that actually matters.

Now get off my lawn!

Full disclosure: I grew up in a townhouse and a 2 story home, and have owned as an adult a bungalow, a tri-level, a two-story with walkout basement and a ranch.

• Like 2
  • Love 6

Reality check in Seattle.  I always snap to attention when I see a local episode.  It was a decent cross-section of typical housing in this area.

West Seattle is a more affordable area - it is a little remote and has been very difficult to get to in the last couple of years after the bridge was damaged.  It has retained more of a single-family modest neighborhood feel than other areas.

The townhouse had a familiar look - this type of new construction is very common now since land is so valuable. They tend to be bunched  together in certain parts of the city - definitely lacking in charm, often clustered so close to each other that even though a garage space may be provided it would be almost impossible to maneuver your car into it.  But more affordable than a single-family home, more space and privacy than a condo, you may possibly get a small yard.  

The house in Burien was a great example of quirky PNW charm.  Its distance and location, south of Seattle, kept the price down.

When I looked mom up on the Seattle Times website, I found links to 120 of her photos. Her daughter may be a challenge, but mom does great work!

I don't blame mom for being concerned about her daughter being able to afford the mortgage payments. It does seem like a lot of house for someone who has just recently started a working for a nonprofit.  The sector trying to solve the problem of homelessness in Seattle has had a rough ride in recent years. Lots of organizations are failing or losing funding.  I wouldn't want to bet on her job security.

And - bless the pollinators - but "hosting" mason bees is a pretty minor undertaking.  

Edited by kirklandia
  • Like 2
  • Useful 4

Is it a localism of New Jersey to call any two story house a "Colonial". I ask because I noticed that specifically in a recent NJ episode where even the realtor called a home a Colonial but it might also be occurring in other episodes in different locations.

A Colonial house is a specific style of facade although something the interior is also a specific configuration - typically the center hall colonial with the staircase in the middle. But the universe of two story homes also contains other architectural styles - Victorian and Queen Ann and Foursquare are always two story. 

The recent reveal of the "Colonial" they bought was a complete nondescript home from the 1970's which did not have even the slightest resemblance to Colonial architecture. I mean even the new "Craftsman" style homes at least generally have the porch with the square columns as a salute to the authentic style.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 8/14/2022 at 5:57 PM, Grrarrggh said:

I'm also a bit amazed by parents with infants or toddlers who want to buy a house as if that child will never grow and mature. 

I agree.   The tiny bedroom that's only suitable for a nursery or a kid's room is ridiculous.   A baby room isn't going to work for a family that wants big bedrooms, and probably still want a playroom.   That ranks up there with the $5000 to redo the kitchen and other stupid statements. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I agree.   The tiny bedroom is suitable for a nursery or a kid's room is ridiculous.   That ranks up there with the $5000 to redo the kitchen and other stupid statements. 

Or the killer stairs, and an obsession to see the child at all times while in the kitchen. Also, don't parents actually eat meals with their children on HGTV? It seems they all want an island for the kids to eat at. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, chessiegal said:

I picture kids eating breakfast or lunch at the counter while dad or mom is puttering around doing something else.

Yep. Breakfast and lunch when kids not at school. My kids like to sit on island too (I disinfect). My house now is 1st ever to have Island. It would be hard to not have one now.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, amarante said:

Is it a localism of New Jersey to call any two story house a "Colonial". I ask because I noticed that specifically in a recent NJ episode where even the realtor called a home a Colonial but it might also be occurring in other episodes in different locations.

A Colonial house is a specific style of facade although something the interior is also a specific configuration - typically the center hall colonial with the staircase in the middle. But the universe of two story homes also contains other architectural styles - Victorian and Queen Ann and Foursquare are always two story. 

The recent reveal of the "Colonial" they bought was a complete nondescript home from the 1970's which did not have even the slightest resemblance to Colonial architecture. I mean even the new "Craftsman" style homes at least generally have the porch with the square columns as a salute to the authentic style.

Unfortunately, that is the case. But to be fair, most NJ 2-story homes ARE colonials. And what some realtors call a "raised ranch" is actually a called a "bi-level" in NJ. And then there are some folks referring to a "split level" as a "bi-level", even though the prefix "bi" usually means two. Apparently, terminology is regional.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Grrarrggh said:

Or the killer stairs, and an obsession to see the child at all times while in the kitchen. Also, don't parents actually eat meals with their children on HGTV? It seems they all want an island for the kids to eat at. 

Or how about buying a home with the perfect spot for the ginormous Christmas tree? Or the moms who want the elegant, sweeping staircase where their princess can pose for prom pictures? 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Or the moms who want the elegant, sweeping staircase where their princess can pose for prom pictures? 

Yeah, it's always girls going to prom and boys who need a garden to play sports in. Ick. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 8/16/2022 at 9:11 AM, ECM1231 said:

Or how about buying a home with the perfect spot for the ginormous Christmas tree? Or the moms who want the elegant, sweeping staircase where their princess can pose for prom pictures? 

I still remember one episode in the past couple of years, where the wife demanded perfect locations for huge Christmas trees in several rooms.    

The Philadelphia episode is sad.   They bought a duplex to rent the other side out, instead some relatives live in the other half, his brother sleeps on their couch, and the half the couple are moving out of will go to relatives too.   So, they're buying a place to move into and turning both duplex units over to the relatives.   

I bet that within a month of move in, that more relatives were living in the basement, and maybe the guest room also.    It's a good thing the craft room was too small to put a bed in, or the husband would have moved more relatives in there too.  

By the way, further down I put a laugh emoji on the post that asked if the relatives were paying rent.   You know they aren't paying a penny, both units in the duplex are full of relatives, and no one but the couple will ever pay for anything.     I know why the wife only wanted two bedrooms, and one for her crafts, so the husband's relatives can't move in again.   However, I'm sure that the basement family room has at least one or two relatives living in it. and sponging off of them.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

The husband tonight kept talking about needing space to have his family over, while the reason why they were buying another home was supposed to be so he and his wife could have their own space.

I would've suggested he stay in the duplex and get my own place if he's so fired up to have his family around all the time.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Philadelphia - when the wife questioned the skylight in the bathroom of the 2nd house, that people flying over could look in - my husband and I guffawed. The look of disbelief on the real estate agent's face was priceless. Yesirree, people at 40,000 feet are going to be watching you!

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I bet that within a month of move in, that more relatives were living in the basement, and maybe the guest room also.    It's a good thing the craft room was too small to put a bed in, or the husband would have moved more relatives in there too.  

Philly: I wondered whether they'd actually pay any rent as well. So much for the investment.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

Philadelphia

Poor woman. I noted that these two spoke of no plans for children. I would guess that they are still recuperating from their own childhoods. He's pretty bogged down by his family and I fear he's on the brink of having to choose between his wife and his dependent family members. 

I thought it was funny how the wife wanted two bedrooms. You only see that on HHI. 

Maybe she'll eventually be on HHI, looking for a spacious one bedroom for her new life in some exotic location. 

11 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Yesirree, people at 40,000 feet are going to be watching you!

Yep, they'll hover above her for several moments to take photos.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
12 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Philadelphia - when the wife questioned the skylight in the bathroom of the 2nd house, that people flying over could look in - my husband and I guffawed. The look of disbelief on the real estate agent's face was priceless. Yesirree, people at 40,000 feet are going to be watching you!

I am probably the antithesis of this woman as I live in an urban high-rise and there are buildings around me but no windows directly across from me - if I look out I can't see into anyone else's windows as I am higher than anyone else for about two blocks.

I don't keep the shades down except in the morning because of glare from the sun.

I guess theoretically someone could spy on my with high powered binoculars but my life is so boring that I can't imagine why anyone would do that so I just keep my blinds up and carry on with my normal boring life. I feel the same way about my email and texts - anyone would fall asleep if they hacked into my correspondence and read it. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, mojito said:

Philadelphia

Poor woman. I noted that these two spoke of no plans for children. I would guess that they are still recuperating from their own childhoods. He's pretty bogged down by his family and I fear he's on the brink of having to choose between his wife and his dependent family members. 

I thought it was funny how the wife wanted two bedrooms. You only see that on HHI. 

Maybe she'll eventually be on HHI, looking for a spacious one bedroom for her new life in some exotic location. 

Yep, they'll hover above her for several moments to take photos.

Sad lives that these two grew up with and are now reliving again.  Hope things work out for them.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, cameron said:

Sad lives that these two grew up with and are now reliving again.  Hope things work out for them.

I do too. But the husband came across as seriously codependent. He seems to feel like it's his responsibility to keep his siblings and parents from a life on the streets. He's likely wracked with guilt either from within himself or from his family members whining about how they have nowhere else to go. 

I hope he's in counseling. Their marriage is going to need it.

• Like 2
  • Love 6

Omaha.  I snapped to attention when I heard "professional baseball player"!
Then when I heard their budget, I had to check him out.
He was a minor leaguer for a few years and played in Australia for a year.
He currently plays for the Lincoln Saltdogs - a member of the West Division of the American Association of Independent Professional Baseball.      
Never made it to the bigs (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Edited by kirklandia
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

Washington, DC. Watch on mute! Meghan sounds like a Kardashian with the adding a syllable or two at the end of every sentence. I'm sure she'd consider that a compliment. Oh God, the realtor does it to! I hope Elle gets what she wants. The first 2 homes were nicely modern. But that was a strange backyard at #2. I've never seen a space that big be concrete at a house. Yay, for the sports room.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

Puerto Rico. At least they are upfront about wanting to rent it out. I want to like her but she grates on my nerves. I would have taken the place on the beach and to heck with renters.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Washington, DC. Watch on mute! Meghan sounds like a Kardashian with the adding a syllable or two at the end of every sentence. I'm sure she'd consider that a compliment. Oh God, the realtor does it to! I hope Elle gets what she wants. The first 2 homes were nicely modern. But that was a strange backyard at #2. I've never seen a space that big be concrete at a house. Yay, for the sports room.

These women are so hard to listen to.  Mute is a good suggestion.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Washington DC buyers.  Hope the Trinidad neighborhood has gotten better in the six years since we left DC area.  Found all three areas last night to be less than desirable. Hope they enjoy all those tv's. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Puerto Rico. At least they are upfront about wanting to rent it out. I want to like her but she grates on my nerves. I would have taken the place on the beach and to heck with renters.

She looked, sounded and acted a bit like a 12-year-old.

So you are allowed to use 0% down VA loans to establish a real estate portfolio. Interesting.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Puerto Rico

I wonder if her voice just carried exceptionally well or my ears suddenly became sensitive. I found myself turning down the volume when the woman spoke. She seemed like she was talking loud enough to be teaching a class. 

I'm pretty conflicted about mainlanders going to Puerto Rico to purchase and rent out places. Yes, investors are making life difficult for cities' local population all over, but when you're on an island, you can't relocate 50 miles away to a more affordable town.  Native Puerto Ricans are being squeezed by real estate investors. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5

Washington DC:  Worst case of vocal fry I have ever heard anywhere, on anything.  My God.  The three of them, especially the food blogger, made my ears bleed. Here is a tip, ladies:  STOP adding multiple sounds and syllables to vowels. For instance:  Meeeeeeeeeeee. Bedroooooooooom. Entertaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiining. ACK!!! Seriously, just stop.  It’s not sexy and it certainly isn’t charming.

Edited by MooCat Pretzel
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
On 8/18/2022 at 6:55 AM, Dehumidifier said:

She looked, sounded and acted a bit like a 12-year-old.

So you are allowed to use 0% down VA loans to establish a real estate portfolio. Interesting.

From a VA loan website: "Also, with a VA loan, you're limited to a primary home only; you can't use one to buy a vacation or investment property. However, you can take out a VA loan to finance the purchase of a home you occupy and then rent out a portion of to generate rental income.Apr 4, 2022"    However, their idea of buying the property #1 and building separate tiny houses doesn't sound legit. 

So, I guess property #3 was legal, but how long before someone slips on the big stairs to the income property part?   

With the D.C. episode, I wasn't thrilled about any of the rowhouses, or the other house.   Locations were all sketchy, and going on TV and showing their several TV's wasn't a good move. 

I barely made it though because of the constant photos of every bite of food, and worrying about getting the perfect light for her food photos.      They were ignoring the big factor with those houses, the locations weren't good.   By the way, the brownies at the end of the episode looked a little charcoaled around the edges. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • Love 6

Washington, DC:  I have nothing to add about the vocal fry, or whatever the hell you call it.  Those were some of the most annoying voices I've ever heard.  Makes the Kardashians sound like radio announcers.   I wonder how much food blogger Meghan (yaaaahhhhh) makes.  I didn't catch what her partner did.   That was quite a high budget.  

I grew up in DC, but wouldn't live anywhere there now, mainly because of crime.  The last rowhouse is in the Parkview neighborhood where I grew up, and it's sad what it's come to now.  The Trinidad neighborhood where house they chose is, isn't safe anymore either.   

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Washington, DC:  I have nothing to add about the vocal fry, or whatever the hell you call it.  Those were some of the most annoying voices I've ever heard.  Makes the Kardashians sound like radio announcers.   I wonder how much food blogger Meghan (yaaaahhhhh) makes.  I didn't catch what her partner did.   That was quite a high budget.  

I grew up in DC, but wouldn't live anywhere there now, mainly because of crime.  The last rowhouse is in the Parkview neighborhood where I grew up, and it's sad what it's come to now.  The Trinidad neighborhood where house they chose is, isn't safe anymore either.   

And the second house was in Anacostia which isn't great either.

• Like 1
  • Love 3