Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Maya said:

That box on her head!!! Lol

It's 6.5 x 4.5 x 2". 

4 hours ago, Humbugged said:

Bella had packing tape in her hair instead of a ribbon and some of the models had trash bags (with trash) as outfits

3D96B55E00000578-4254522-What_a_load_of_

I think I saw a model with a plunger hat.

ETA. It was a feather duster hat

_MOS0879.jpg

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The one with the garbage looks like a kindergarten recycling event.

Apparently that was Jeremy Scott's point but he was probably off his face as well - his collections are always barking mad (remember the human barbie dolls)

http://nypost.com/2017/02/24/kendall-jenner-wears-cardboard-courture-in-moschino-show/

In Jeremy Scott’s world, one woman’s trash is another’s couture gown.

On the second night of Milan fashion week, Scott unveiled his latest collection for Moschino. The theme? “Cardbord Couture,” according to the designer’s shownotes.

Supermodels Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid and Bella Hadid stormed the runway (which was cleverly crafted from taped-up cardboard boxes) in a plethora of high-low looks borrowed from what one could imagine Oscar the Grouch’s girlfriend would wear: a black garbage bag imagined as cocktail frock (with a garbage lid as a hat), clear bubble wrap disguised as a party dress, and a plastic lace gown topped with a chandelier tiara.

In the end, Scott walked the runway in a T-shirt that declared: “Couture is an attitude. It’s not a price point.”

Translation: It’s not what you wear, but how you wear it. Even if it means swathing yourself in a shower curtain for a cheeky ballgown moment.

Versace

Versace-Runway-Milan-Fashion-Week-FallWi

Edited by Humbugged

Are these fashion designers just trolling the public? Most of those outfits look like bad jokes. I realize that runway design sample clothes are supposed to be somewhat extreme, and that they're toned down for manufacture and sale to the public, but still... that stuff looks like shit.

• Love 11
21 hours ago, Humbugged said:

In the end, Scott walked the runway in a T-shirt that declared: “Couture is an attitude. It’s not a price point.”

Unless he's actually selling his clothes for $3.99 he's full of BS.

• Love 10

The model with the feather duster is really unattractive.

I can't decide what I think about Fendi.  It stands out, but I'm not sure if its in a good way or not.  Anna Sui is still my favorite look.  

Gigi looks practically emaciated.  Has she aleays been that skinny???

• Love 1

GiGi looks horrible. She's starving herself into oblivion to fight her natural body type and it's aging her face by twenty years. 

Kendall looks like she's been hitting up the Botox, the lifted outer corners of the brows are a dead giveaway.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Shangrilala said:

The model with the feather duster is really unattractive.

I can't decide what I think about Fendi.  It stands out, but I'm not sure if its in a good way or not.  Anna Sui is still my favorite look.  

Gigi looks practically emaciated.  Has she aleays been that skinny???

None of the girls shown above are pretty, most of them are unique looking enough to make the clothes look good.  I love fendi. Versace has some good looks too, understated.  I even like the shows that show unwearable clothes, makes a good show. 

Edited by Lemons

LOLOL!!! These "fashuns!!!" If the designers had a sense of humor, they'd be laughing all the way to the bank. Sadly, most of them take themselves Dead Serious because, you know, Important.

Trash couture. Cardboard clothing. Didn't Kimmee say she didn't like touching cardboard? Invite her to model the 100% recycled cardboard crap. And buy some for her "everyday" life. Wear once, recycle!! Great way to rehab her public image.

A LOT of these clothes makes the young ladies look So. Old. I thought GiGi was YoYo for a hot minute. Bella is scary looking. Halloween-like.

Honestly, Kendall looks the most "model-like?" Some times. Other times, she looks like a generic "pretty" brunette. Maybe that's what They want.

Makes me want to riffle through the recycle bag and grab a hot glue gun and whip up a bunch of Haute Couture. For my Booteek

• Love 1

I always thought Bella looked old for her age, and now Gigi does too because of what the weight loss did to her face. 

Does anybody here think Bella, Gigi, and Kendall could've made it as models if they were just regular girls?

54 minutes ago, Bucwild said:

I always thought Bella looked old for her age, and now Gigi does too because of what the weight loss did to her face. 

Does anybody here think Bella, Gigi, and Kendall could've made it as models if they were just regular girls?

I can see Kendall being recruited. She has the height, body type and the type of face that can be morphed into many looks via make up and hairstyle. I don't think she's by any means a super model contender, that's all  due to the hype of her name and family connection, but I do think she would have had a decent career. The other two? Meh.

Bella with her current face and Kendall at the most would've been a basic filler model without their connections. Gigi with her bloated, puffy face wouldn't have made it as model.

Edited by Bucwild
  • Love 2

Gigi before last year got criticism though because she was a lot curvier than everybody else on the runway, so much that she didn't fit the designers' standard measurements and had to wear loose-fitting stuff sometimes. So how did she still get booked everywhere despite being healthy fit insteady of super thin? Guess. Poor Barbara Palvin had to rebrand herself as a plus size model when she gained five pounds and was dropped everywhere. Not to mention Gigi's runway walk used to be atrocious and has only now graduated to serviceable. She even said she was "learning on the job", without reflecting that maybe normal models aren't given that same option. If you can't walk, you don't. Maybe Yolanda's fame didn't help her but her connections and daddy's money certainly did.

I think she photographs well but only because she's got good bone structure and an interesting face, aside from the cheeks (which can be photoshopped very easily / don't have to be now that she's lost so much weight). Her eyes are as dead as Kendall's or Bella's IMO, it's just that they also can't manage a facial expression more often than not and their faces need some movement to look interesting.

Mainly it annoys me when you put them next to some really talented models like Liu Wen or Joan Smalls, they just look like amateurs and yet get 100x the attention all because they're connected to the right people and hang with the celebrity crowd.

• Love 4
On 2/28/2017 at 6:09 AM, Bucwild said:

GiGi yes, Bella and Kendall no.

• Love 5

Not to derail the thread, but just to add to a previous discussion about photoshopping that started here with this post about the Vogue cover with Kendall & a bunch of other models. These are unphotoshopped pictures of Ashley Graham on a recent shoot. It shows exactly how much "fixing" Vogue did on the cover, & I bet they did a ton of it on the other models too. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:
On 2/28/2017 at 9:09 AM, Bucwild said:

Can't this be said about all the latest models coming up these days? Practically all the latest models have famous parents.

Kaia Gerber? Georgia Jagger? Hailey & Ireland Baldwin? Corrine Fox? Sofia Ritchie? Delilah Belle Hamlin? Sailor Brinkley? Destry Speilberg?

(edited)

Can't this be said about all the latest models coming up these days? Practically all the latest models have famous parents.

No, these are  just the models the media prefer to talk about because "daughter of celebrity X walks the runway" is a more eye-catching headline than "Model whose name few outside of the fashion world have heard walks the runway".  For example, the only models with famous parents in the latest Victoria's Secret Fashion Show were Kendall, Gigi and Bella. The nepotism trend in fashion is annoying, no doubt, but the vast majority of successful models are not children of celebrities.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

That's not simply gold lipstick, its tooth chipping lip grillz 

57q3RGoB.jpg

And now we know why Kimmy has been walking around with the lip ring.

• Love 2
(edited)
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 0:13 AM, Artsda said:

Kaia Gerber? Georgia Jagger? Hailey & Ireland Baldwin? Corrine Fox? Sofia Ritchie? Delilah Belle Hamlin? Sailor Brinkley? Destry Speilberg?

Another celebrity model: Michael Jackson's daughter Paris Jackson just signed a modeling contract with IMG Models (same company that handles the Hadid sisters and other well-known models).

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2017/03/03/paris-jackson-signs-with-img-models/98682872/

Paris is really beautiful, much better looking than the Hadids and Kendall. Little nitpick here: I think she looks more striking with her natural dark hair than the blonde hair she's currently wearing.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Another celebrity model: Michael Jackson's daughter Paris Jackson just signed a modeling contract with IMG Models (same company that handles the Hadid sisters and other well-known models).

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2017/03/03/paris-jackson-signs-with-img-models/98682872/

Paris is really beautiful, much better looking than the Hadids and Kendall. Little nitpick here: I think she looks more striking with her natural dark hair than the blonde hair she's currently wearing.

I don't think Paris is wrapped all that tight. The modeling life can be stressful, as Kendall complains about it all the time, might not be a wise choice for a fragile girl.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

I agree. She got those amazing eyes from her mother, & they look so much better with dark hair. I don't like her bleached hair at all.

• Love 1

I personally think Kendall is very pretty and modelesque. I don't trash her because of who her family is. She draws me into a picture for sure.

Bella Hadid, however, I think is pure nepotism. Different strokes, I guess.

• Love 3

In those Chanel photos, I thought Kendall outshone both Gigi and Bella.  Maybe it was a lucky photo or maybe Kendall is suited to Chanel's design aesthetic, but I think she looks beautiful.  Those boots however looked equally ugly on everybody!

• Love 4

Lorenzo, from Tom and Lorenzo, had this to say about Kendall last fall and he articulated what I also suspect: Kendall without her name would be a filler model. Every fashion show has like, 30 looks, and there are a bunch in the middle that don't open or close. She'd be one of those. She's tall enough and thin enough, and she's certainly pretty but she's not a great model and she's not a great walker. She gets the cover of Vogue because of her name. 

Lorenzo said in their podcast (PopStyle Opinionfest)  that he has seen Kendall a lot at New York Fashion Week. They see so many shows and fashion people look at the clothes and not the girls. He said he can tell the really premier girls because they have a very distinctive walk or way of working the clothes and he gave Karlie Kloss as an example. He knows it's Karlie Kloss just by her walk. He said he'll see Kendall walk and only notice because people around him might make some noise and he'll look up at her face, but not because of anything she is doing on the runway. 

• Love 5

That's all well and good but it's also the case that most of us that post here couldn't be any kind of model anywhere ever.  So Kendall is only fair-to-middling talented.  Who cares? She still the only one of that whole bunch who works outside of the family businesses.  She's the only one with a real job.  Given the things that are happening in this country right now I just don't have any outrage left to spend on whether or not Kendall is profiting off of her name.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Pogojoco said:

Lorenzo, from Tom and Lorenzo, had this to say about Kendall last fall and he articulated what I also suspect: Kendall without her name would be a filler model. Every fashion show has like, 30 looks, and there are a bunch in the middle that don't open or close. She'd be one of those. She's tall enough and thin enough, and she's certainly pretty but she's not a great model and she's not a great walker. She gets the cover of Vogue because of her name. 

3 hours ago, toolazy said:

That's all well and good but it's also the case that most of us that post here couldn't be any kind of model anywhere ever.  So Kendall is only fair-to-middling talented.  Who cares? She still the only one of that whole bunch who works outside of the family businesses.  

The real reason Kendall is used up front so much is because she has 70M IG followers. Social media presence is now a huge part of how successful a model is nowadays, & Kendall delivers. Of course, the reason she has so many followers is because she's part of the Kardashian/Jenner family & she takes advantage of it. She is not working outside of the family business, she's expanding it. 

• Love 5