Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

http://www.eonline.com/news/843364/kendall-jenner-gives-major-elizabeth-taylor-vibes-on-150th-anniversary-cover-of-harper-s-bazaar

"Kendall Jenner Gives Major Elizabeth Taylor Vibes on 150th Anniversary Cover of Harper's Bazaar"

... " With her wavy, brunette, shoulder-length locks, bold brows and red lip, the 21-year-old looks stunningly reminiscent of a young Elizabeth Taylor..."

Is E Online crazy? Kendall looks absolutely nothing like Elizabeth Taylor! How much did Kris pay E to write that?

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

http://www.eonline.com/news/843364/kendall-jenner-gives-major-elizabeth-taylor-vibes-on-150th-anniversary-cover-of-harper-s-bazaar

"Kendall Jenner Gives Major Elizabeth Taylor Vibes on 150th Anniversary Cover of Harper's Bazaar"

... " With her wavy, brunette, shoulder-length locks, bold brows and red lip, the 21-year-old looks stunningly reminiscent of a young Elizabeth Taylor..."

Is E Online crazy? Kendall looks absolutely nothing like Elizabeth Taylor! How much did Kris pay E to write that?

She's more of a Jenner than a Kardashian? Huh? She doesn't have an ounce of Kardashian blood in her. The eyebrows aren't even close to Liz.  Plus one side is straight and the other has a wave in it.

• Love 4

First they tried (and failed) to make her look like Marilyn Monroe, now they try (and fail) to make her look like Elizabeth Taylor? First, why are they trying to make her look like anyone else? Second, if they're going to play look-alike, why are they trying for women who were known for being voluptuous, something that Kendall is not?

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, GaT said:

First they tried (and failed) to make her look like Marilyn Monroe, now they try (and fail) to make her look like Elizabeth Taylor? First, why are they trying to make her look like anyone else? Second, if they're going to play look-alike, why are they trying for women who were known for being voluptuous, something that Kendall is not?

Instead of having Kurvy Kim do Audrey Hepburn, why not have stick straight Kendall do Audrey? Makes more sense.  

• Love 3

Actually ENews, Kendall doesn't come remotely close to resembling Elizabeth Taylor, but nice try. Brain-dead Botox zombies are incapable of channeling people with talent and charisma.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 11

What's most ridiculous about the Liz Taylor comparison isn't even the look, it's the fact that Liz was known to be a witty and engaging conversationalist. Even towards the end of her life she was having a relationship with Colin Farrell where the two would talk on the phone for hours every night. Kendall and the entire Kardashian/Jenner clan combined don't have the fraction of the wit and charm that Liz Taylor had.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

What's most ridiculous about the Liz Taylor comparison isn't even the look, it's the fact that Liz was known to be a witty and engaging conversationalist. Even towards the end of her life she was having a relationship with Colin Farrell where the two would talk on the phone for hours every night. Kendall and the entire Kardashian/Jenner clan combined don't have the fraction of the wit and charm that Liz Taylor had.

No but somehow they manage to talk on the phone for hours.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, iwasish said:

No but somehow they manage to talk on the phone for hours.

Do they actually talk though? My impression was that most of their phone time is spent on taking selfies and posting them on social media.

• Love 3

I hate the whole 'I had no control over the content' duck and cover.  Assume, for the sake of argument, that the ad was a huge sensation, loved by everyone, who would get the credit?  The ad agency, director, or even Pepsi; those entities now getting the blame, or the public face of the ad, Kendall?  That was what she and Kris expected to happen.  She was certainly touting the ad before the universally negative public reaction happened.  They thought it would be a big coup for Kendall and Kendall's career.  Pitch: Kendall blows off her modelling assignment (giving up nothing tangible because she is a star while inconveniencing others), to join with the masses (of beautiful, young, creative people just like herself) to demonstrate against a cause, something bad (fill in the blank), and bring peace and joy to all (as represented by a really cute young police officer who looks like a model) by offering a police officer a can of Pepsi (iconic like putting a flower in a national guardsman's rifle).  Who wouldn't love it?  To then turn around and disown it because it is universally panned is so disingenuous.  Sad that she will get away with it, her overall popularity unscathed as she feigns ignorance and laughs it off/blames creative/that she was deceived in some way, in her next talk show interview.  It will even give her something interesting to talk about and allow her to exude innocence and embrace victimhood, as she loves to do anyway.  All incidents that are supposed to hurt the Kardashian popularity never seem to stick and are soon forgotten, replaced by well-timed instagram posts, "interesting" "revelations", a PDA with someone famous, etc.  Nothing negative ever hurts their "brand." 

Looking at the Harper's cover she is pretty but nothing special.  She is not an all-time icon of beauty such that her image should be projected on the Empire State Building or grace the 50th anniversary edition.

To encapsulate what bothers me about Kendall is that she and what she represents is just so phony.  My particular Kendall issues: IMO she got undeserved superstar model success based on already being famous and having instagram followers.  She is thrust upon us by the fashion industry and media as if she were universally loved with the public as a whole not really having a say in her fame.  Her obnoxious faux complaints about being shy and how hard fame/media attention/modeling/travel/lack of grilled cheese sandwiches in fabulous locales are on her, claims of being down-to-earth and normal, while courting more fame by appearing at clubs with other models/celebs designed to get attention, sprinklings of PDAs with various celeb "boyfriends" du jour every few weeks designed to get attention, wearing revealing clothes designed to get attention.  The way she disassociates herself with being a Kardashian (her "Jenner side") as a badge of honor, while embracing being a Kardashian at the same time in every way meaningful.  The lies about plastic surgery, just like the rest of the Ks.

She bugs in ways that even Kylie, Khloe, and Kim don't and I hate Kylie with a passion!  Just something insidious about her whole persona.  Her success as a model legitimizes and covers over all her phoniness. 

Last point: Kendall's look is comparable to Ali MacGraw not Marilyn Monroe, Elizabeth Taylor or Audrey Hepburn.  Just that Ali MacGraw is kind of forgotten now, so not the direction art directors think to go with Kendall.

Ali MacGraw, 1970...

mad7205a.jpeg

1411675305328_wps_3_Mandatory_Credit_Photo_by.jpeg

Edited by Bazinga
Added Images
  • Love 15

@Bazinga

Everything you said was spot on. I feel like she gets a lot of credit because she's the 'most likable' one out of her family or 'not as bad as the others', but if that's the measuring tool you're using to judge people with, then 90% of the world deserves attention and praise because they're more likable than the Kardashians.
I'm sure she works hard. That doesn't stop a lot of her success from being handed to her. Those two things can happen simultaneously. 

(Also agree about the Ali MacGraw comment. At this point all the comparisons to Marilyn Monroe and Elizabeth Taylor feels like a desperate attempt to turn Kendall into something other than what she is. She can be popular, but she's never going to be iconic.)

and @ginger90

Thanks for the link!
This charity attempt is... a little see through.
Going through Kendall's twitter, for months and months she doesn't seem to tweet about anything but herself, with the occasional message about a friend/sister.
The fact that this is one of the first things she does after the pepsi thing is a little cringey.

Isn't getting celebrities to start posting about charities after a scandal one of the oldest tricks in the book? Couldn't the Kardashian/Jenner PR team come up with something better than that???

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, CharlieKayi said:
24 minutes ago, CharlieKayi said:

Isn't getting celebrities to start posting about charities after a scandal one of the oldest tricks in the book? Couldn't the Kardashian/Jenner PR team come up with something better than that???

We are talking Kardashian here. Don't forget they also thought the whole PEPSI thing was a winner.

• Love 3

It's not like she scares people but I don't think Kendall is pretty. Her face is interesting, maybe, in some photos - but too many of them have me thinking "Oh, my, she is odd-looking, isn't she?" I think she sells her look and comes across better when she walks, but her print work rarely works for me. She's no Kate Moss, that's for sure. I have never seen an unflattering professional photo of KM.

• Love 5
On 4/28/2017 at 1:12 PM, GaT said:

I hadn't even heard of this, but it sounds absolutely horrible what is happening to all the people.

I'm sorry, but I think this is hilarious. Some famous-for-nothing airheads like Kendall, Bella Hadid, and Emily Ratajkowski promote a " luxury festival" that costs up to $250,000 to attend (no, that's not a typo), a bunch of stupid rich kids fall for it, and when they arrive at the venue they have to stay in tents and eat food out of styrofoam containers - you know, just like regular people going to regular festivals - and suddenly this thing is being called "hellish" and "disaster" as if dozens of people were maimed or killed.

I don't usually condone fraud, but I can't stop laughing at this.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 17

Kendall Jenner Hires Beyoncé’s Stylist Marni Senofonte

Why though...I think Beyoncé is drop dead gorgeous but her style is tragic. Everytime I see her I'm like, how is it possible to make a genuinely stunning woman look so tacky.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, KatWay said:

Why though...I think Beyoncé is drop dead gorgeous but her style is tragic. Everytime I see her I'm like, how is it possible to make a genuinely stunning woman look so tacky.

So basically they gone from one or two (if we believe Kanye styles Kim) crappy stylists to another crappy stylist. 

Wonder what Kim will wear if she goes to the Met Gala? 

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Seems like they're going from everyone using the 1 stylist to everyone choosing their own. 

Yes, that's apparently what they've done. It makes me wonder why, did the stylist do something, or is this part of an attempt to make people stop thinking of them as "Kardashians" & more as different people? 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, GaT said:

Yes, that's apparently what they've done. It makes me wonder why, did the stylist do something, or is this part of an attempt to make people stop thinking of them as "Kardashians" & more as different people? 

They'll never come across as individuals in their style, because their joint style standard is "Show as much T&A as possible."  Especially the A part.

They copy each other and try to outdo each other in showing their privates. For example, Kourtney and Kylie are both wearing  "underboob" tops now.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

They'll never come across as individuals in their style, because their joint style standard is "Show as much T&A as possible."  Especially the A part.

They don't really have a choice, it's not like they can hide the giant lumps anywhere. Unless they wear actual tents.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Kendall had some sort of recent work done on her face. Definitely Botox because she has the wonky eyebrows, but the rest of it looks different as well. 

Looks like unnecessary fillers to me.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, stacyasp said:

Apparently they are suing their old stylist Monica rose, don't know what happened though...????

Maybe Monica is the "leaky asshole" who has been selling inside info on the family?

9 hours ago, Artsda said:

Looks like just Khloe is the one wanting to sue. There's no way Kendall's real management lets her sue a stylist. 

http://pagesix.com/2017/05/01/khloe-kardashian-may-sue-stylist-monica-rose-after-dramatic-split/

That's a dumb article.  On what grounds would you sue a stylist?  Breach of contract, but Khloe is the one walking out on this business arrangement.  Page six operates by getting tips from PR reps anyway.  I can't imagine the Kardashians would involve themselves in any unnecessary lawsuit because their business would become public.

1 hour ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

That's a dumb article.  On what grounds would you sue a stylist?  Breach of contract, but Khloe is the one walking out on this business arrangement.  Page six operates by getting tips from PR reps anyway.  I can't imagine the Kardashians would involve themselves in any unnecessary lawsuit because their business would become public.

Sue her for making her wear such crappy outfits? 

• Love 2