Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E22: ...and Executioner

• Start Topic

Good episode. 

Damn Mallory sunk even further. I thought they would redeem her. I guess Vance is still unlucky in love.  But am I the only one that thinks him and Jack have chemistry?

• Love 2
(edited)

That pesky murder is never going to go away for Gibbs.

I really liked this episode.  Mallory was the obvious choice for the person who shot at Gibbs.  Mike Farrell played the judge guy really well.  Loved the closing scene of him being walked into court.  That was really well done.  

I really liked the line (might be paraphrasing). “Agent Gibbs,  maybe we’re accusing each other of the same thing.  Maybe we’re on the same side.”  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, mommalib said:

But am I the only one that thinks [Vance] and Jack have chemistry?

No you are not ~ I had the very same reaction to that last scene when Jack comes into Vance's office to check up on him!  I just wonder whether their shared past is too much baggage for a romantic relationship to handle.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, mommalib said:

But am I the only one that thinks him and Jack have chemistry?

I am seeing it too.  I don't know if Jack was planned as a love interest for Gibbs but, if so, it hasn't worked out.  She really does fit better with Vance.

I was actually surprised that Gibbs told the team that he had killed Gonzales. I liked that they just took it in and went on taking down the bad guy. 

That ending really felt like a season finale but I see there are two more episodes.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Trey said:

I am seeing it too.  I don't know if Jack was planned as a love interest for Gibbs but, if so, it hasn't worked out.  She really does fit better with Vance.

I was actually surprised that Gibbs told the team that he had killed Gonzales. I liked that they just took it in and went on taking down the bad guy. 

That ending really felt like a season finale but I see there are two more episodes.

I think she was for Gibbs but maybe they noticed the chemistry with her and Vance and decided to go the other way. We'll see I guess.

• Love 1

I'd be OK if they do a Jack/Vance relationship--which would certainly be better than a Jack/Gibbs relationship.  However, I just kind of like them being really, really good friends with a close relationship forged from long association, mutual respect, and shared experiences. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Trey said:

I thought McGee already knew because of what happened at the end of the 7th season??

• Love 4

Not only did I like the fact that Gibbs told the team about killing Gonzalez, but I loved the no-nonsense Gibbs style of (almost) blurting it out. " I killed the man who murdered my family...."

However painful that admission might have been.

• Love 3

Do you think they will show the trial of the judge next week or is this story arc over? Because if it's over, they kinda neglected to mention how the judge was able to gain access to a quarter of a billion dollar Defense Department account.

51 minutes ago, Rambler said:

they kinda neglected to mention how the judge was able to gain access to a quarter of a billion dollar Defense Department account.

Very good point!  How did that happen?

Did we know, or were we supposed to know, the other people on the judge's panel?

1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

I thought McGee already knew because of what happened at the end of the 7th season??

I don't remember what happened at the end of season 7.  I know Abby knew but I don't know who else did.

4 minutes ago, Trey said:

Did we know, or were we supposed to know, the other people on the judge's panel?

I don't remember what happened at the end of season 7.  I know Abby knew but I don't know who else did.

Vance knew cause I think Gibbs tried to tell him at the beginning of Season 8.  He made some comment about not caring about a 20 year old cold case.  And I thought Ducky knew.  I guess I thought the rest of the crew knew cause he had to explain being kidnapped and chasing Pablo Hernandez's daughter around.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

We never met them individually, but it was revealed that they were all current judges, who had all began their careers as law clerks to the Mike Farrell Judge. 

• Love 1

I was curious about the time invested in the Secnav's gift of the commemorative coin/medal to Vance.  They lingered on that scene, and then again when Vance was alone.  Wondering about the significance of that in future episodes.  

• Love 1
23 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Who wants to go bowling in that gorgeous vintage bowling alley?

::raises hand::

I don't even like to bowl, but I would totally bowl there.

Am I the only one who found the panel sentencing Gibbs to death a little non-sensical.  If they knew he killed the guy, presumably they knew why he killed him.  Vigilantes vigilantiing another vigilante?  Seems hypocritical to me. Which is why I hate it when the "good guys" go rogue on this or any other show.  Gibbs took justice into his own hands, but finds it wrong that this judge panel does.  The judge panel takes justice into their own hands, but finds Gibbs guilty for doing the same thing.  Once you've killed in non-self-defense, yo have no business being in law enforcement or in judgment of anyone else.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Katy M said:

I don't even like to bowl, but I would totally bowl there.

Am I the only one who found the panel sentencing Gibbs to death a little non-sensical.  If they knew he killed the guy, presumably they knew why he killed him.  Vigilantes vigilantiing another vigilante?  Seems hypocritical to me. Which is why I hate it when the "good guys" go rogue on this or any other show.  Gibbs took justice into his own hands, but finds it wrong that this judge panel does.  The judge panel takes justice into their own hands, but finds Gibbs guilty for doing the same thing.  Once you've killed in non-self-defense, yo have no business being in law enforcement or in judgment of anyone else.

Who knows what Judge Michael Farrell told the panel.  He may have told them half the story.   He knew Gibbs was on his trail so he used the panel to assignation Gibbs.   The whole scene reminded me of The movie The Star Chamber. A movie that came out in  the early 80 about a judge who becomes a part of a organization that secretly hands out justice to those who might have escaped it until one of the characters thinks an innocent man might have gotten picked.  

Anyone the reasons the judge gave the others are really beside the point.   We know what really happens.   The show could have spend time having the judge lie to his fellow judge or the show could do something far worse.  He could send them a thin file and they convict Gibbs because they can.  

On 5/8/2019 at 3:06 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Agreed.  I swear they retconned McGee's memory because I also think he's known for years.  Everyone who's not Bishop, Torres, or Jack already knows.

I was bored with this episode.  Pedro Hernandez has been mined to death.  I was hoping for something way more interesting.

• Love 3

Near the end, when McGee, Bishop, and Torres were talking, what did Torres say when he whispered someone's name and McGee asked who it was?

On 5/7/2019 at 10:31 PM, Chaos Theory said:

Mike Farrell played the judge guy really well.  Loved the closing scene of him being walked into court.  That was really well done. 

What I liked about Mike Farrell being walked down that hallway is that Gibbs finally looked hawt again!  I think they must have cut his hair, or maybe it was the suit, but as he walked Farrell down the hall, he really really looked good!

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Ohmo said:

Agreed.  I swear they retconned McGee's memory because I also think he's known for years.  Everyone who's not Bishop, Torres, or Jack already knows.

I was bored with this episode.  Pedro Hernandez has been mined to death.  I was hoping for something way more interesting.

I wonder if the actor who played Pedro gets residuals every time they show that clip of him driving the truck.  If so, he may not have to worry about getting actual acting jobs 😄  (He didn't have any lines, just was driving).

• Love 3

Are we sure McGee knew?   I know Ducky knows.  Abby Knows.  Vance knows.   But did Tony. Ziva and McGee know?  They knew some of the story.   But I am not completely certain how much and Gibbs isn’t going to tell them.   

8 hours ago, transitfan said:

I wonder if the actor who played Pedro gets residuals every time they show that clip of him driving the truck.  If so, he may not have to worry about getting actual acting jobs 😄  (He didn't have any lines, just was driving).

I can't remember who it was, but they showed a residuals check they had just received and it was for .14 or something like that:)  

3 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

Are we sure McGee knew?   I know Ducky knows.  Abby Knows.  Vance knows.   But did Tony. Ziva and McGee know?  They knew some of the story.   But I am not completely certain how much and Gibbs isn’t going to tell them.   

I always took it that Abby knew, Vance knew, Ducky knew because he knows Gibbs so well, and that the others knew about it but did not have confirmation. And understandably they wouldn't want confirmation, because then they wouldn't ever have to testify against Gibbs.

I think it's kind of interesting that somehow, because it's Gibbs, it seems almost okay, what he did, although it would not even remotely be okay in real life, particularly with him being in law enforcement.

A prisoner in custody is driven up to the front door of the courthouse and walked up the steps?  That would never happen.  I thought an assassin with a rifle and scope was going to take him out.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Calvada said:

A prisoner in custody is driven up to the front door of the courthouse and walked up the steps?  That would never happen.  I thought an assassin with a rifle and scope was going to take him out.  

Yeah I did a double take at that too. And thought for sure he’d be in Kevlar. But nope. He just walked in the front door of the courthouse in a prison jumpsuit.

2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Yeah I did a double take at that too. And thought for sure he’d be in Kevlar. But nope. He just walked in the front door of the courthouse in a prison jumpsuit.

As the vigilante responsible for the group that took out the reviled ice cream killer, when the law failed?

Nah, I doubt the general public is too displeased with him.

• Love 4
On 5/10/2019 at 10:22 PM, Chaos Theory said:

Tony knew. He once confronted Gibbs about it. 

I was shocked McGee didn`t know. I thought the entire original team knew. 

Helpful chart of people "in the know"

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 5/10/2019 at 4:22 PM, Chaos Theory said:

But did Tony. Ziva and McGee know?  

Ziva knew. She had done a dossier on him, and he even asked her if she knew what happened to his family when she first joined the show. No way she wouldn't have found out what he'd done. And for all of Ducky being "shocked" when he learned of it, he knew  Gibbs wouldn't have let the person who murdered his family live--as he stated to Jenny in "Hiatus" I think it was. Or whatever that episode was when he was in a coma.

• Love 2
On 5/16/2019 at 11:13 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Ziva knew. She had done a dossier on him, and he even asked her if she knew what happened to his family when she first joined the show. No way she wouldn't have found out what he'd done. And for all of Ducky being "shocked" when he learned of it, he knew  Gibbs wouldn't have let the person who murdered his family live--as he stated to Jenny in "Hiatus" I think it was. Or whatever that episode was when he was in a coma.

Caitlin might have known.  She knew he'd been married four times, probably from the dossier she would have gotten when she was in the Secret Service.  She said it once, and he immediately corrected her to (IIRC) three ex-wives.

On 5/12/2019 at 10:12 AM, Aeryn13 said:

Tony knew. He once confronted Gibbs about it. 

I was shocked McGee didn`t know. I thought the entire original team knew. 

That's why I'm pretty certain that McGee also knows.  Ziva knew and knew from early on, as soon as she arrived.  Tony knows, and Season 7 or 8 sounds about right...around the time of Paloma.  And it wasn't like Gibbs confirmed it to Tony and McGee.   I seem to recall a tacit acknowledgement that what Paloma was saying had some truth to it, and Gibbs didn't deny it.  However, it was done on some level and somehow McGee has known.  How he's behaving now is a total retcon.

On 5/10/2019 at 8:21 AM, transitfan said:

I hope he does, and if so, good for him!  Dude should get paid.  Isn't there some rule that if your image is used, they have to pay you?  I think I heard something along those lines in a commentary or an interview about how the show has had to seek Sasha's permission/pay her whenever Kate comes back on the canvas in some way.

• Love 2
On 5/10/2019 at 8:21 AM, transitfan said:

My hypothesis is that the actor has some dirt on someone in the higher-ups of NCIS and so whenever the actor is running behind on his yacht payments or something, he calls up the guy and demands another Hernandez episode so he can get caught up.

• LOL 2