Type keyword(s) to search

The Brown Kids

• Start Topic

On 8/24/2023 at 8:58 AM, EarlGreyTea said:

I heard a saying that I think rings true here. Each child in a household has a different parent. They will experience their parents differently based on different factors, like age, birth order, gender, etc. And, of course, with such separate households as we've seen on this show, it's no wonder their experiences of Kody vary wildly.

My younger sister and I are 8 years apart and to hear her tell it, we never lived in the same house with the same parents. I always felt she was coddled and a little spoiled but to her, she was raised in abject poverty and rarely had a treat. She has a huge chip on her shoulder to this day and tells stories that I can't believe, yet it's very true to her.

• Like 15
40 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

And we take theirs. But I have never seen a visitor from another country dressed like a slob. And I've met a lot of them.

When visiting abroad, I have heard more complaints about North American attitude rather than attire.

• Like 8
On 9/2/2023 at 7:50 AM, Art Of Noiz said:

No wonder Europeans turn their noses up at American tourists. No need to look like slobs.

I'm european. And I don't turn my nose up on american tourists, neither do my friends. I'm all about being comfortable while being on vacation 😊And maybe I was wearing some slightly questionable choices of clothing while vacationing in the US too. 😉

• Like 16
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

@kassa Gwen has been reviewing early episodes on YouTube. She’s on season 3 now I believe. She was quite young when these episodes are filmed, but she has memories, she comments that it feels like watching home movies. 

I watch her YouTube videos (sometimes fast forwarding) and find them fairly cute. I read on another forum that Gwen's study abroad semester has been cut off and so she's back home and live reviewing this season too. Not sure if all that is true or not?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3
8 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I watch her YouTube videos (sometimes fast forwarding) and find them fairly cute. I read on another forum that Gwen's study abroad semester has been cut off and so she's back home and live reviewing this season too. Not sure if all that is true or not?

What does cut off mean? Was she studing abroad and went home early for some reasonor or did the semester end? Where was she studying?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2E20AE67-7CF7-4683-8748-47F290D28532.jpeg

8B12A82A-F0C7-4051-9787-68687EC9A0CA.jpeg

Who are the two young ladies with darker hair? Are these GFs of the brothers or friends? 

Cute picture- they look like they are having fun. Ysabel loves to be goofy and I swear Gwendolyn and Gabe look more alike than ANY of the Brown siblings. 

• Like 6
9 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Who are the two young ladies with darker hair?

David had posted a picture of his family. Some don’t want to be on social media so he blocked their faces. I’m going with they are 2 of his daughters in Gwen’s picture.

F636FF88-70A4-40EC-A1A6-12B97FA62AB8.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

David had posted a picture of his family. Some don’t want to be on social media so he blocked their faces. I’m going with they are 2 of his daughters in Gwen’s picture.

F636FF88-70A4-40EC-A1A6-12B97FA62AB8.jpeg

Oh that’s nice! Good they are hanging out with David’s kids and getting to know each other. 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, suomi said:

Logan is a looker, very easy on the eyes, and he and Michelle are a cute couple. Plus, they are good people. Who is the other gal next to Janelle? Is she related to Michelle?

I think the dark haired woman is Audrey, Hunter's girlfriend.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
On 9/30/2023 at 2:44 PM, Canadian Girl said:

It's heartwarming that Michelle likes and appreciates Janelle. "I have the best mother in law". 

Meanwhile, the unspoken part of that sentiment is, "too bad my father-in-law is a complete asshat."  Just kidding, Michelle is far too classy to say that but I'm not.

• Like 9
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Meanwhile, the unspoken part of that sentiment is, "too bad my father-in-law is a complete asshat."  Just kidding, Michelle is far too classy to say that but I'm not.

Michelle didn't have to add it - it was understood by everyone to be the second part of that sentence. Not sure Kody would have gotten it, though. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Just gotta get "asshat" in as often as possible. Love it @laurakaye.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 9

Responding to @General Days from the episode thread. 

I know these episodes are filmed so far out, but if Brianna/Aurora/Dayton wanted to reach out to Garrison/Gabe/Gwen (who all live in Flagstaff) to build some type of relationship (or rebuild) I think thats possible.

However Robyn would have a SHIT FIT, and I could see the kids not wanting to upset their mother OR Kody. It might not be worth it to them, given that they have full bio siblings to interact with, as well as time and energy to make friends (both Brianna and Aurora are in school right now). Mommies KNOW how to push buttons/lay on the guilt etc, and I can see Robyn and Kody never letting the kids live it down if they dared say they understood that the OG13 had a point (either through actions or a friendly relationship). Also, Robyn's older three arent totally dim- they have seen how Kody has turned on his biological children when he is displeased with them, I could see them also being afraid of losing Kody's favor next if they step one toe out of the "respect line".

Mykelti gets away with being "Switzerland" and having a relationship with everyone because she was raised in the first co-hort of kids, actually was parented by Kody when she was small and has lived away from home a decent amount of time. Kody doesnt see her as "under his umbrella" any more. Mykelti might actually be the bridge between Robyn's adult kids and the Flagstaff kids if they would like a bridge. 

It's a fucking mess. 

• Like 13
13 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Responding to @General Days from the episode thread. 

I know these episodes are filmed so far out, but if Brianna/Aurora/Dayton wanted to reach out to Garrison/Gabe/Gwen (who all live in Flagstaff) to build some type of relationship (or rebuild) I think thats possible.

However Robyn would have a SHIT FIT, and I could see the kids not wanting to upset their mother OR Kody. It might not be worth it to them, given that they have full bio siblings to interact with, as well as time and energy to make friends (both Brianna and Aurora are in school right now). Mommies KNOW how to push buttons/lay on the guilt etc, and I can see Robyn and Kody never letting the kids live it down if they dared say they understood that the OG13 had a point (either through actions or a friendly relationship). Also, Robyn's older three arent totally dim- they have seen how Kody has turned on his biological children when he is displeased with them, I could see them also being afraid of losing Kody's favor next if they step one toe out of the "respect line".

Mykelti gets away with being "Switzerland" and having a relationship with everyone because she was raised in the first co-hort of kids, actually was parented by Kody when she was small and has lived away from home a decent amount of time. Kody doesnt see her as "under his umbrella" any more. Mykelti might actually be the bridge between Robyn's adult kids and the Flagstaff kids if they would like a bridge. 

It's a fucking mess. 

Yes to all of this.  In addition, I think that the producers show clips from the episode in question to whomever is doing the TH, and then ask questions. It’s my thought that Brianna and Aurora were shown the clips of the kids discussing Textgate and were then asked their thoughts on the text fiasco.  Aurora could then have stopped Gabe in the hall and made arrangements to meet with Gwen etc if she wanted to.  My point is she didn’t have to wait until the episode aired to get their side of it. But she won’t because Kody might find out and question her ‘loyalty’ to her mom and him. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

It's a fucking mess. 

It truly is. It is tragic. I think the kids would more or less be fine with each other, if Kody and Robyn were not in the equation.

3 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Yes to all of this.  In addition, I think that the producers show clips from the episode in question to whomever is doing the TH, and then ask questions. It’s my thought that Brianna and Aurora were shown the clips of the kids discussing Textgate and were then asked their thoughts on the text fiasco.  Aurora could then have stopped Gabe in the hall and made arrangements to meet with Gwen etc if she wanted to.  My point is she didn’t have to wait until the episode aired to get their side of it. But she won’t because Kody might find out and question her ‘loyalty’ to her mom and him. 

It's pretty clear Aurora saw the clip of what Gabe said, but I do wonder how much else they saw.

Did they see Garrison saying he missed Dayton and wanted his siblings back? Did they see Gwen's response when Gabe mentioned seeing Aurora? I realize you don't know. I just wish we did know. I hope so. I hope the producers are trying to leave the kids some breadcrumbs on the path back to each other.

Gabe, Garrison, Gwendlyn, and Savanah didn't have any talking head interviews this episode, right? I feel like G, G, and G might take a step that Robyn's girls might be too intimidated to take (because of the Kody and Robyn factor).

Edited by General Days
typo
  • Like 10

A side note to the comments about the kids seeing clips while filming their talking heads.

Gwen was asked in one of her recap videos and she described the couch time as the producers behind the camera would say "do you remember when you did "abc" ? How did that make you feel ? Can you talk about "x" ? etc.

Often it seems like Kody just saw a clip because his anger is so intense...but according to Gwen it is just the producers promoting them to talk about certain things or to explain further.

After hearing Alton Brown describe reality television as "producers poking amateurs with sticks" it does add a new layer watching Sister Wives talking heads.

Edited by Roslyn
another thought
  • Like 4
  • Useful 6

Since reading Jill Dillard's book, I have come away with a greater understanding of how reality TV works.  I do think the producers do a lot of manipulating situation to get a reaction.  Unfortunately, some people like Kody don't need much to get them going.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

To be honest, Aurora and Breanna seem like dolty sticks in the mud and I can't see a reason to build a bridge back to them at this point. The OG kids barely knew them in terms of time pent in their company. I would bet they could count the times they hung out together TBH. And I don't think AurorBreanna would make the effort needed to really bridge the gap because they know Sobbyn and Douche would freak the fuck out. I could totally see Douche telling Aurora "well if you want a relationship with them then you will need to move out of my home because only LOYAL people live with me." And TBH, Aurora seems very ill equipped to live life in the real world. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Does anyone else remember when they lived in Las Vegas and many viewers commented that it seemed like savanah was not hanging out with the other girls? I don’t think Savanah has ever been close with Robyn’s girls. She probably realized at a very young age that Kody had replaced her with Aurora and Breanna. Janelle’s younger boys and Paedon were also abandoned for Dayton. Kody is a mean, petty, small man. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2

I'm putting this here, because while Mykelti said it on her Live-Watch, it's about Dayton.

Dayton was with Kody (and some of the Browns at least) out of town, when he got his eye injury on the four-wheeler. Hunter is the one who found Dayton.

Edit:

This was over whatever Thanksgiving it was, in St. George, with the pawn shop people.

Mykelti: "It was my family, 100%."

Edited by General Days
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 7
32 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Hunter, Audrey, Michelle, and Logan. The last picture includes Michelle’s brother (I believe) and Mykelti.

4EAAF46B-5C87-4781-BCF4-FF1BF807383B.jpeg

CFEFBAFF-423E-4F86-8E66-3EA472F29E85.jpeg

16BC1685-B056-419B-9CF0-D39ACF317333.jpeg

Kody and Robyn will be apoplectic if they see this photo.  Another knife to the kidney to be hamming it up in a bar. Setting poor examples for AuroraBreanna.

Wonder what the blue substance in the baggies represents?

• Like 7

They are dressed as characters from the TV show Breaking Bad. Hubby and I have been rewatching it recently, and it never struck me until just now how much Hunter looks like the character Todd (played by Jesse Plemons). I am assuming that is who he is dressed as. 

Edited by juicyfruit
  • Like 11
  • Useful 8
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Wonder what the blue substance in the baggies represents?

It is blue crystal meth, Walter White's signature style of meth on Breaking Bad.

Edited by juicyfruit
🤣 I typed Walt Whitman instead of Walter White.
  • Like 3
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

The order of characters from Michelle’s post:

“We need to cook. 🧪🧑‍🔬#todd #walterwhite #jessepinkman #saulgoodman #skinnypete”

Nice! I didn't pick up on Skinny Pete in the last photo!

• Like 8

Not a watcher of Breaking Bad, but the reference will definitely chaff Koduches "bottom"! Drugs!! OMG how could they be portraying fun around drugs???? And precious Mykelti another stab in his kidney, there she is partying with the "enemies" kids... can he trust her now around his precious/protected tenders??? OMG I can just see his head explode when he sees these photos! NO, I wish I could see it!!

LOL!!

But they are cute and fun photos of the sibs and spouses together. Maybe Leon was taking the photo?

Edited by Gramto6
added on to post
  • Like 4