Type keyword(s) to search

The Brown Kids

• Start Topic

(edited)
55 minutes ago, LilyD said:

To crash down upon someone with all the power they have:

If you ever happen to have the misfortune to start a fight with a Kody or Meri-type, you’ll know what I mean. They’ll scream and rant with so much force, making hurtful remark after hurtful remark, calling names, shouting to get their point or anger across etc. You can do little in terms of defence as they keep coming at you. Their behaviour in such fights is simply scary as hell.

I have 2 like this in my family. They’re both completely unreasonable and want to win thr fight/be in the right at all costs. If one of starts a fight, the impact and damage they did with the things they said is so big that it takes years for it to heal, if ever. (Yeah, I have an awesome family, that’s completely torn apart, mostly because of those 2!)

Anyway, Kody and Meri are exactly like them, including the spiteful remarks that are meant to really hurt someone. And Kody with his beady eyes glaring around like he did last season?? Yikes!

exactly, I had an aunt who made everyone's life hell for years (she's since passed away)

She had absolutely no "stop sign" on what she would repeat or secrets she would reveal in order to win an argument or hurt another family member, often the other family member could have come back with other information to defend themself but they didn't because they didn't want to reveal secrets or expose other family members... she was a literal nightmare!

We all tried very hard to have as little contact with her as possible because she was such a bitch and was always trying to start something... at one wedding she actually said "I know something all of you don't know" and was smirking, giggling for hours and by the end of the evening she just had to let everyone know that she'd had an affair with the grooms father (as he sat there with his wife of 30 years) the affair lasted for a few months several years earlier.... there was absolutely no reason for her to drop that bomb other than she loved stirring the shit, making herself the center of attention but more importantly she loved hurting people and watching other people *squirm*

If "Sister Wives" ever ends and they need money I would not be surprised to see certain family members write a REAL tell all and throw others under the bus, Meri has shown that she can be particularly nasty and I don't trust Sobbyn or Kootie at all especially if they need money to keep Sobbyns ass parked in her McMansion.

Edited by Dustbunny
autocorrect
  • Love 10
On 5/13/2022 at 1:12 AM, CherryBelly said:

Because they're his parents and he doesn't want to cause problems for them or hurt them I expect.

Of course Paedon is attached to his Dad. He may not see him too often but he wouldn't want to be in a position where he was estranged.

You don't have to be financially dependent on someone or physically scared of them to not want to hurt them or put them through drama. Or upset them so much they cut you off.

And with everything that's happened with the Duggars, it could risk the Browns TLC contract and risk their public support if it came out that e.g Meri had hit the kids or been emotionally abusive to them and Kody, Janelle and Christine knew.

Maddie said some pretty damning stuff about Meri but then shut it all down, deleted her twitter and never spoke of it again. Which was pretty telling to me that the Browns had secrets but they shouldn't be spoken about in public. As a family not one person addressed it at all. They just pretended it never happened.

Plus if something bad had happened and someone spoke out now, they risk fracturing the whole family. How would Mariah feel if it was something about Meri? Would all the other siblings think it was the right thing to do or think it was private family business? What if Paedon was a witness more than a victim? Does he get to betray a siblings privacy and discuss their trauma without their permission? Would siblings be pissed off that Paedon saying something now led to a thousand online posts, YT videos and tabloid articles which is causing their parents stress, anxiety and online abuse? What if it led to them losing the TLC contract or endorsements so it has serious financial consequences? Would Paedon feel good about that? Would his parents and siblings be pissed off that now the entire family lose money?

It's a minefield in my opinion.

Completely agree and wanted to add that if anything bad about Meri came out, it would hurt her businesses. Even if she is not contributing her LLR income to the family pot, they've all been in the trenches together with the TV years etc, and Christine strikes me as someone too decent to want to hurt another member of the family, no matter how fractured, just for the sake of gossip and Paedon's influencer aspirations.

• Love 13

Generally, I find all the Brown kids "fairly considerate and careful" on social media or tv. When it comes to the show, few really spill the beans or publicly attack someone (Maddie being the exception to both)

At first I thought about the possibility of an NDA. Now, I'm not so sure. I think it's more likely that they're very aware of the power, positive and negative, of SM and tv because it has always been a huge part of their lives. I'm sure a few have experienced nasty stuff because of something they, or a family member, posted. Add to that some sensible conversations about what could happen if certain things became public knowledge. So, it's probably common sense, experience and not being stupid that holds the Brown kids from dropping bombs on SM.

• Love 6

Completely agree and wanted to add that if anything bad about Meri came out, it would hurt her businesses.

Other than just being a bitch to live with in general, I'm not so sure Meri has actually done anything to anyone that would qualify as horrifying. Everyone already knows about the "Sam" affair and Meri forcing the kids to walk outside in the snow for 2 minutes to avoid walking through her area of the house. Maddie called her a monster, but offered no proof of abuse. And Maddie is prone to exaggeration, so it's very likely that monster = bitch with rules who is a pain in everyone's ass. 

Paedon says he was told not to talk about Meri, but I'm not sure what he would actually say. And Paedon confessed to hitting his own sister and being rude to Robyn's kids, so Paedon's hands aren't exactly clean. 

None of the kids talk to Meri, but that could just be because she's bitch. Which won't really hurt her sales, especially when she gets some sympathy for being dumped by Kody.

• Love 10

Paedon said on TikTok a month or so ago that he was moving to northern Utah to train become a firefighter, but I thought Mykelti lived in southern or central Utah.  

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, jojo3couleurs said:

cute pictures, but when I scrolled down at first I thought that was Kody!  (asshat has strong genes)

From that angle it looks like he has a receding hairline like his dad.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Thanks @ginger90 I don't know what happened, but now I don't seem to be able to view Instagram w/out signing up. And that is not going to happen!

Have you tried clearing your cache? That might help.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Cetacean said:

From that angle it looks like he has a receding hairline like his dad.

Genetics could play a role here though it's definitely not the only cause. But according to research, men have a bigger chance to become bald or have a receding hairline if their father has it too. Best example I can think of, the current British Royal Family: When you follow the male line back up from Willam and Harry to Charles, Philip and his father and grandfather, you'll find they all have a similar pattern of hair loss. 

So yes, I'd say that  Kody's sons stand a certain risk to have inherited this too, though hopefully for them not everyone will have to face this. (Sensitive thing among men!)

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, winsomeone said:

The balding gene is passed down to the son through the mother, not the father.

I’ve read that it’s from both, which makes sense when you think about it.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

Christine is actually related to Kody, albeit distantly.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, winsomeone said:

This is a fairly persistent belief that is not 100% correct, though there is an element of truth in it.

Some genes related to baldness can be found on the X-chromosome, which men inherit from their mothers. So, in this you are correct.

However, recent research has shown that genes related to baldness can be found on other chromosomes as well (no 20 being the most important here) Also, some genes are dormant (so to speak) others are dominant. Then there are ones that strengthen traits and characteristics, which may very well be the case when it comes to hair loss. And particularly if both your mom and your dad have passed on such genes.

In any case: sorry guys, you can't put the full blame for your hair loss on us moms! 😉

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

This is a fairly persistent belief that is not 100% correct, though there is an element of truth in it.

Some genes related to baldness can be found on the X-chromosome, which men inherit from their mothers. So, in this you are correct.

However, recent research has shown that genes related to baldness can be found on other chromosomes as well (no 20 being the most important here) Also, some genes are dormant (so to speak) others are dominant. Then there are ones that strengthen traits and characteristics, which may very well be the case when it comes to hair loss. And particularly if both your mom and your dad have passed on such genes.

In any case: sorry guys, you can't put the full blame for your hair loss on us moms! 😉

Which chromosome carries the asshat gene?

• LOL 22

@ginger90, thanks for posting.  I tried to just look at pictures but IG is now requiring you put in your birthday and they blatantly say it's to target you with appropriate ads!  Thanks but no thanks!

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Cetacean said:

@ginger90, thanks for posting.  I tried to just look at pictures but IG is now requiring you put in your birthday and they blatantly say it's to target you with appropriate ads!  Thanks but no thanks!

I don't belong to IG, I just clicked on the link and the post opened. Weird!

• Like 3
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

I don't belong to IG, I just clicked on the link and the post opened. Weird!

I have never signed up for Instagram either, I can access any of the links except Meri's. 

Edit to add:- tried it on both my laptop and phone and got in on both.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I have never signed up for Instagram either, I can access any of the links except Meri's. 

Edit to add:- tried it on both my laptop and phone and got in on both.

Don't know, but maybe if you are not a member and are just viewing posts/not replying there isn't much they can do to block you.

I will never sign up for IG or FB and have let my Twitter account go silent well over a year ago. I am grateful for the members here that bite the bullet for us and post so we can see what these Zlist "stars" post. Thank You guys!! 🥰

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

How cute…  “It’s my fucking birthday”  😑

FB4CEE83-79CE-4111-B928-8D60819467C3.jpeg

OMG!!! Can Axel read yet? Even if he doesn't know what the word means he'll ask.

• Sad 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

OMG!!! Can Axel read yet? Even if he doesn't know what the word means he'll ask.

Exactly, Maddie should have kiboshed that sash 

That type of thing should be kept to adult partying (personally I think it’s just plain stupid  for no reason and it’s not even funny, it’s just vulgar and dumb)  I guess the Brown girls think it’s edgy and bitch’n  🙄

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

Such a beautiful young lady wearing such a vulgar sash.  If I was that gorgeous I certainly wouldn't ruin it by walking around in a tacky sash.  The dress is really pretty too, although it's too short. 

Wasn't she recently caught in a pic where she had what looked like a babydoll nightie on? I surprised Christine let her wear that around her.  So sad.

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly, Maddie should have kiboshed that sash 

That type of thing should be kept to adult partying (personally I think it’s just plain stupid  for no reason and it’s not even funny, it’s just vulgar and dumb)  I guess the Brown girls think it’s edgy and bitch’n  🙄

Exactly.  If you're out clubbing in Vegas for an evening with your besties then I can see it.  However, there she is, holding a teacup and eating what appears to be a delicate lunch, with kids around.  Classy move, Ysabel.  😒

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

How cute…  “It’s my fucking birthday”  😑

FB4CEE83-79CE-4111-B928-8D60819467C3.jpeg

Once again, I completely missed reading that charming sash!  

The good thing about it is I hope Kootie and his only wife hated it.  Otherwise, it's vulgar and tacky.

One reason I love it here:  you guys catch stuff I miss!

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Exactly.  If you're out clubbing in Vegas for an evening with your besties then I can see it.  However, there she is, holding a teacup and eating what appears to be a delicate lunch, with kids around.  Classy move, Ysabel.  😒

I'm sure Kody would say that Ysabel learned that behavior from living in Las Vegas, and not from being raised by 4 parents who aren't really religious and who back stab each other left and right. It must be Las Vegas' influence. 

Also, Christine is a very passive parent, so I'm sure Ysabel and all the other kids do whatever the hell they want. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

Also, Christine is a very passive parent, so I'm sure Ysabel and all the other kids do whatever the hell they want. 

Including leaping on the Christmas tree - and proud mom filmed it. I suppose some people think thats adorbs. 

I would punch anyone who dared to do that with my tree let alone post it on SM.

• Like 11
  • Love 1

Including leaping on the Christmas tree - and proud mom filmed it. I suppose some people think thats adorbs. 

I would punch anyone who dared to do that with my tree let alone post it on SM.

Both Christine and Janelle are very loving but very passive, and it shows in how their kids speak to them and Kody. There doesn't appear to have been much discipline. And it was made worse by having a mostly absent father who stared at his phone when he did bother to come by. Some of the things Gabe said this past season and his general attitude made me cringe. Ysabel has now been on social media several times in outfits that appear to be lingerie. And Paedon admits he slapped his own sister across the face, with no apparent  consequences. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Ysabel has now been on social media several times in outfits that appear to be lingerie.

I'm not praising any of the Browns for their parenting, but I will say that the short, lingerie inspired clothing is very "in" right now. It's everywhere. I'm not expressing an opinion about whether it's good or bad, but Ysabel is hardly the only young adult out there wearing that style. I don't think it has anything to do with how she was parented. 

• Like 10
  • Love 3

I'm not praising any of the Browns for their parenting, but I will say that the short, lingerie inspired clothing is very "in" right now. It's everywhere. I'm not expressing an opinion about whether it's good or bad, but Ysabel is hardly the only young adult out there wearing that style. I don't think it has anything to do with how she was parented. 

The Brown parents, including Christine, claimed they had to "flee" Las Vegas (they seem to flee everywhere for no apparent reason) because of the bad influence. Yet their kids talk and dress in ways that would fit right in in Las Vegas, and don't reflect the supposedly conservative religious values the Browns claim they raised their kids with. 

I remember one of the girls dressing for a school dance and Kody having a fit about the outfit. I forget if that was Ysabel or one of the other girls.

• Like 5
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

The Brown parents, including Christine, claimed they had to "flee" Las Vegas (they seem to flee everywhere for no apparent reason) because of the bad influence. Yet their kids talk and dress in ways that would fit right in in Las Vegas, and don't reflect the supposedly conservative religious values the Browns claim they raised their kids with. 

I remember one of the girls dressing for a school dance and Kody having a fit about the outfit. I forget if that was Ysabel or one of the other girls.

I think the kids saw through the hypocrisy of their parents.  The wimmen folk have long since abandoned their "modest is hottest" look, Kody has cursed on the program, so we can assume he swears even more IRL, even Janelle let the F word rip. Kody no longer makes a pretense at living the principles of polygamy, where to outward appearances at least, each wife should be treated as fairly and equally as possible

I think the hurried flight to Las Vegas was purely for story line as was leaving Las Vegas may have been so Robyn could Helicopter Mom Dayton. 

Kody did raise a stink about Ysabel's dress but it was nothing out of the ordinary for young women everywhere today. 

• Love 14

I thought the 'sin city' storyline was to cover up Kody's next stupid business decision. Also possibly to spice up their family dynamics so the show wouldn't drop them.

Of course it could have been entirely because Sol and Ariella were getting older and Robyn couldn't raise her new babies there.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4