Type keyword(s) to search

The Brown Kids

• Start Topic

That depends on a lot of things, so until the Browns want to talk about that there won't be any way of us knowing about Robyn's children and their bond to Kody. The short answer is that children born to parents that are sealed in the Temple are automatically sealed to their parents. I assume that Robyn and David were sealed in the Temple, thus those children were sealed to him and would be on his planet. A legal divorce does not automatically mean an unsealing. Even if Robyn and David were unsealed (which I assume they were for Robyn to be sealed to Kody), the unsealing of the kids to David is a completely separate ceremony. Given that Robyn drives the kids to see David, I doubt that the kids were unsealed to him, which means that they can't be sealed to Kody. So, my guess is that the kids will be on David's planet, not Kody's. But again, that's all speculation in regards to what Robyn and David have decided.

• Love 1
But doesn't Day-un get his own planet as an adult (with his wife) and the girls go to their husbands' planets when they get married? I thought only unmarried children remain on their parent's planet

.This frustrates me so much!  If they would only explain this kind of stuff instead of trying to promote some bullshit product.  But, since I don't believe any of it really makes much sense (common sense), they really can't explain it to us. 

• Love 1

I decided it made no more sense to me than that religion of the stars so basically too much of it was nonsense for me.  There are too many holes, gaps, and pieces with no logic.

If they would only explain this kind of stuff instead of trying to promote some bullshit product.

They can't explain it because they make it up as they go along.

I agree with wrestlesflamingos that Kody is Kody's favorite kid.  That way he can forgive his own childish tantrums, justify his own BS persecution stories, play King of the Cul de Sac with impunity, pick a totally inappropriate place to live because it's his "dream", screw any female of childbearing years at any time, and conveniently forget the fact that he doesn't have two brain cells to rub together.  The kids are an unfortunate inconvenience that need to be clothed and fed but since he has the psyche of a hormone driven teen he doesn't need to worry about it.

• Love 2

I agree with wrestlesflamingos

I love the internet.  I laugh and imagine future anthropologists completely baffled.  "We can't explain it.  In the late 20th century, adults began shedding traditional names and using absurd monikers. While they had been raised as Jennifer and Ryan, they preferred to be called Super#1GR8-420 and **LuvsShus**.  We did discover why the gold standard fell though, Kody Brown."

• Love 7

How to say this without being incredibly cruel to Mariah.......  Well, Aspyn is a very pretty girl and Mariah, well - she looks like her mom.  Maybe you can tell them apart more easily now that Aspyn has lost a lot of weight - not on the show yet.  Also, Aspyn is kind and Mariah is spoiled.  Both girls look just like their moms, but I think their hair colour is similar.

• Love 2

Oh sure, Maddie is getting her mothers pin up look. Most of the kids are pretty attractive. Only Hunter pulls off the features Mariah and Mykelti share. When Mykelti puts herself together she looks pretty good, so this is really a plain/less plain kind of debate.

(edited)

That's Maddie. It's tough to keep track. We only see the kids briefly and puberty keep changing their looks. My method is to look for shades of the mother: Christine's kids have her longer nose, Janelle's kids have her close set eyes. Christine has mosty girls, Janelle has mostly boys.

The non-blond kids are Robyn's. Even Maddie is a natural blond.

Edited by wrestlesflamingos

wrestlesflamingos, I think you meant to say that Janelle's children have her far set eyes.

The Browns like to say that all the Brown children look like Kody.  I couldn't disagree with them more.  Those children are almost clones of their mothers, except for Logan.  At TWoP, some people talked about Logan in a way I found extremely uncomfortable.  They tried to claim that Logan is actually Janelle's first husband's child.  This was speculation based solely on the fact that Logan doesn't look like his siblings or his parents.  It was pointed out that Logan looks a lot like one of Kody's brothers.

Although I think Logan is Kody's, I also think that Kody has shown that he's capable of loving and fathering children that are not his biologically.

• Love 3
My method is to look for shades of the mother: Christine's kids have her longer nose, Janelle's kids have her close set eyes. Christine has mosty girls, Janelle has mostly boys.

Yes, I definitely can tell which daughter belongs to which mother, not just from the face and coloring, but sometimes even from the way they speak (Janelle's daughter especially sounds a lot like her).  Only problem is, I can never remember which kid comes from which mom, so this method isn't foolproof.

• Love 2

Okay, as dorky as this is, I'm going to admit it in case it might help other viewers. I only started watching this show near the end of Season 3 when the houses were being built. There was no way I could keep any of the kids straight.

Then, last December when new episodes were about to begin, I came across this article and saved it because it listed all the kids, (and the dates of the marriages, which I also had no clue about). I referred to it a few items while watching  the show because I wanted to know which kids went with which moms:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/12/03/sister-wives-face-relationship-issues-and-family-heartbreak-in-new-episodes-beginning-december-29/219848/

Handy dandy cheat sheet for those who like to keep track, (ages as of  December 2013):

MEET THE BROWN FAMILY

·      Kody: 45-years old, father of 17 children, husband to four women – Meri in April 1990, Janelle in January 1993, Christine in March 1994, and Robyn in May 2010.

·      Meri (first wife): 42-years old, married 23-years and has one daughter named Mariah, 18.

·      Janelle (second wife): 44-years old, married 20-years and has six children – Logan, 19; Madison, 18; Hunter, 16; Garrison, 15; Gabriel, 12 and Savanah, 9.

·      Christine (third wife): 41-years old, married 19-years and has six children – Aspyn, 18; Mykelti, 17; Paedon, 15; Gwendlyn, 12; Ysabel,10 and Truely, 3-years old.

·      Robyn (fourth wife): 35-years old, married three years and has three children from her last marriage – Dayton, 13; Aurora, 11 and Breanna, 9, and one child by Kody – Solomon, 2.

May I just say that it has always baffled me that Christine (Chrystyne?) put all those superfluous and/or ill- placed y's in her daughters' names, yet she took an ACTUAL Y out of a perfectly good name for her only son (Payton) and turned it into alphabyt soup?!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
May I just say that it has always baffled me that Christine (Chrystyne?) put all those superfluous and/or ill- placed y's in her daughters' names, yet she took an ACTUAL Y out of a perfectly good name for her only son (Payton) and turned it into alphabyt soup?!

It's a Mormon thing.  There are whole websites devoted to bizarre Mormon names.

• Love 3

The first chick (who I assume knows she's in a vid about unusual names and their spelling?) says her name is Aunistee (Honesty) and that she's from Pleasant Grove. When someone says "Can you spell that for us?" she starts out with "P - L .." and they have to tell her "No, no. your name." My hell, that is sad but true, and funny!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Moving on...

Which child you all believe is Kody's favorite?

I really do believe that Kody loves his kids with all his heart. That DOESN'T make him a great parent, of course--how we feel about our kids and what we do on their behalf, as their parents, can be miles apart. I agree that Kody is running around in the Kody Show--and probably has been for his whole life.

• Love 1

It took me a few minutes to realize that the video was only two girls with different clothes and hairstyles, not the actual girls. Still hysterical. Also, for you Toddlers & Tiaras fans, the very last name was Alycesaundra. Gotta be only one kid in the entire world with that name... right?

I wonder how the adult children and minor children are handling the divorce/remarriage?

I figure that Janelle's children are a little resentful that Kody didn't marry their mother; after all, she was #2 and bust her ass to support the family for a decade.

Christine's children have most likely watched their mother fall apart emotionally over the last few months and may be confused and angry over the changes.

Robyn's kids come out the victors.

• Love 4

No kidding. Especially after viewing tonight's episode! Those boys of Janelles have zero respect for him. Who can blame them? That is a delicate balance with sons that age. I found i was more effective with mine cus i kept my tone calm and reasonable. Boys that age are so full of energy and hormones that they are powder kegs at times. An aggressive male interrogating would just escalate things. How nice he wants to drag Paedon and Day-un in to rat out their brothers. What an ass.

Good for Maddie! !

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 3

I must preface this comment by expressing that I , in no way, think that Kody is a pedophile, but that Aurora is so damned needy.  Now, I am a "Daddy's Girl," and have a great relationship with my father, but it seemed so strangely inappropriate to see Aurora go up and plant herself on Kody's lap.  First of all, it's not as though this is a child that Kody has raised for years and years.  He has more interaction with her than I've seen with his other children--besides Solomon, and it's because she seems so needy that she's constantly insinuating herself into conversations and sidling herself up to people, namely, Kody.  She was also seated directly next to the "anthropologist" in one scene. She needs a LOT of attention.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 5

I must preface this comment by expressing that I , in no way, think that Kody is a pedophile, but that Aurora is so damned needy.  Now, I am a "Daddy's Girl," and have a great relationship with my father, but it seemed so strangely inappropriate to see Aurora go up and plant herself on Kody's lap.  First of all, it's not as though this is a child that Kody has raised for years and years.  He has more interaction with her than I've seen with his other children--besides Solomon, and it's because she seems so needy that she's constantly insinuating herself into conversations and sidling herself up to people, namely, Kody.  She was also seated directly next to the "anthropologist" in one scene. She needs a LOT of attention.

Yeah, I noticed it too last night in the shows that were on. The camera really just cannot get away from that child, it seems. Maybe she  has already been taught that you need to REALLY stand out for Kody to notice you....as in SIT ON HIM.

Otherwise you are just another nameless rugrat  orbiting the Kody Universe.

Kody.

I wish I could like this twice, jellybeans!

I laughed out loud at work here. :)

• Love 2

And Solomon only does it because he's too little to run away.

Plus he's medicated cus of rot mouth and can't move fast. .lol

Hunter wrestles, that's a connection between the two of them.

Out of all the kids, Janelles kids cant stand Kody. Kody wants to bask in hunters wrestling fame, that useless ass. I really think Maddie going LDS will be the turning point for Janelle. Maddie will eventually have to turn her back on her family's lifestyle and Janelle will choose seeing Maddie over continuing in this farce. I sure hope so anyway. Edited by MarysWetBar

Something i noticed watching the last few episodes is the weight gain of Meri and Bobbyn and also the children. I don't think i had noticed until they aired the looking back episodes.

Both Meri and Bobbyn have gained significant weight. I could cut Bobbyn slack as she had the heir apparent in the last few years but she had three kids previously and was pretty thin in the courting eps. Meri i think is miserable. I'm a stress eater so totally understand how she has packed on the pounds but it is like she is still trying to cram herself into her old clothes which looks ten times worse.

Now for the sensitive part of this post. Some of those kids are seriously overweight.

Mariah is huge. Aspyn and Mykelti are heavy but looks like Christine was as well when she was younger so i will give them a pass.

Maddie has gained a bunch of weight too! Janelles boys look big but not fat..and Gabe looks like a little Logan.

Paedon and Dayton? Both overweight and unhealthy looking. Even Aurora has packed on a ton of weight!

I'm not trying to be mean here but i think someone in that family needs to look at what their diets are cus in the case of the young women, i cannot imagine how much more weight they will gain once the kids start coming.

I know kids go thru chubby phases and all...but i worry about their health in the future.

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 2

Something i noticed watching the last few episodes is the weight gain of Meri and Bobbyn and also the children. I don't think i had noticed until they aired the looking back episodes.

Both Meri and Bobbyn have gained significant weight. I could cut Bobbyn slack as she had the heir apparent in the last few years but she had three kids previously and was pretty thin in the courting eps. Meri i think is miserable. I'm a stress eater so totally understand how she has packed on the pounds but it is like she is still trying to cram herself into her old clothes which looks ten times worse.

Now for the sensitive part of this post. Some of those kids are seriously overweight.

Mariah is huge. Aspyn and Mykelti are heavy but looks like Christine was as well when she was younger so i will give them a pass.

Maddie has gained a bunch of weight too! Janelles boys look big but not fat..and Gabe looks like a little Logan.

Paedon and Dayton? Both overweight and unhealthy looking. Even Aurora has packed on a ton of weight!

I'm not trying to be mean here but i think someone in that family needs to look at what their diets are cus in the case of the young women, i cannot imagine how much more weight they will gain once the kids start coming.

I know kids go thru chubby phases and all...but i worry about their health in the future.

Maybe it's Meri's pastries from her wetbar.