Type keyword(s) to search

Extra Hot Great

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

That wasn't me, I'm the jerk who stepped in with the correct answer.

Jessica Jones? Sure, like I said the Alias stories PI cases were fun and could have been in a 13-episode season. TV in general? No way. I'm old enough to remember when everything on TV was procedural and it suck-dilly-ucked.

I think the show would be much improved with a case-of-the-week (or the rather the episode) along with the main story. As it is there is too much of the main story every episode and nothing of significance is happening which makes the whole thing a slog. I've been stuck on episode 6 for a week.

Also, I'd be totally down for an Unbeatable Squirrel Girls series, the comments on this episode have made me want to check out the book.

I was going to ask about Mark on Jeopardy! I am so thrilled for you and "Girl, eat a cheese stick, it will help" is my favorite line from the podcast, possibly ever.

Tara%u2019s reaction to the aliens on Fargo made me think they had dropped a dome on the town.

And congratulations to Joe on the new job!

Great canon submission! I just have to talk about Six Feet Under for a minute. So my husband and I have been married for 11 years but when SFU started we were just boyfriend and girlfriend and newly living together. We both decided that it looked interesting and we watched the whole season faithfully each week. It did have it's weaker story lines for sure but overall it was great and thought provoking and we had never seen TV like this. That series finale killed me. When the episode ended I was trying to keep it in and not look like a fool in front of my husband so I went to the kitchen to get something and just started bawling. Like ugly cry. I had never been moved to tears like that because of TV. Teary and choked up sure, but not like this. It was a good episode and that montage was brilliant. I remember being especially choked up when we see Keith and David getting married. For a week or so I would put on that Sia song because I liked it after hearing it on the show but it would just make me cry all over again. I actually got teary in the car on my way to work this morning hearing those clips. I haven't watched a single bit of SFU since it ended 10 years ago.

Edited by kimbrchick

I love the distinction between "best" and "favorite". For years I've told people that my all-time favorite show is The X-Files but that I would never describe it as the best. Though Tara's explanation of why she considers Friends her favorite did make me think maybe it's mine as well. I care a lot more intensely about XF but Friends is definitely the show I've watched the most, probably reference the most, and I think I'm pretty much always in the mood for it, which is definitely not true for XF.

Holiday Inn could be a good series. The movie had Bing Crosby open up a farm, after a life as part of a trio act, but decide he wasn't really a farmer. So he opened up his inn on holidays and put on a show reflecting that holiday.

We forget the horrible romance plot of the movie, but retain the connection to Broadway.  Maybe some of the show folks are college students getting credit for being in Ted's production. Being set in Connecticut also makes it easier to believe Ted's Broadway pals could just drop by to lend a hand or take a break.  Also, there is a plethora of holidays, and business being what it is, being closed until you come up with a show seems a little sillier today than in the 1940s. So there could be more filling out of the local townsfolk and seeing Ted and whoever helping him figure out his next show.  There doesn't have to be filler, as Ted would only have to do local auditions once, really. He'd know who he could reliable count on  for what. It's newcomers to town or the college folks that would have to get Ted's okay.  

Showing the prep work for the show implies that there's enough of a show to get ready for, it's just hammering out the last bits for Ted and company. Unless that is the point of a story, maybe about Ted determined to do a show about  Tax Day that doesn't bore everyone, including him.  

For broadcast, maybe FOX or the CW, as they have taken on musical shows. For cable, maybe Starz, as they aren't afraid of genre?  If My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend doesn't get a second season, maybe they could be talked into Holiday Inn? The songs on MCXG are funny, edgy and not boring.  Plus they seem to understand a musical's balance between musical numbers and dramedy.

As for the L&O question: Paul Sorvino could be the best Santa because he fits the bill and probably has an awesome Santa laugh.

I am having a crappy day so my mind went to It's a Wonderful Life remade as a reality show.  Contestants come on and judges review their formative moments.  If it is determined that the world would have been better off if the contestant hadn't been born, well then, um, let's just say he or she will not be back for another episode...

I was expecting someone to pick the DA from the pilot episode (who only had one scene), since a zero like him still would've been better than anyone not named McCoy or Schiff. Also, I'm not clear on why Rubirosa was available as an EADA.

Also, I'm not clear on why Rubirosa was available as an EADA.

Was that her position when she was on L&O: LA?

The draft was sooo much fun, I want to do a full version of my own!  But for now, I have to second what Sarah D. Bunting said about Alexandra Eames, who I always really liked and who I always felt got unfairly overshadowed by the Goren.

Edited by TeeVee329

Aw, looks like I picked the wrong week to never watch "Law and Order" or "Breaking Bad".

I've never seen an episode of the Law and Order franchise either. My knowledge of the show comes exclusively from Extra Hot Great.

Do you need someone to organize categories and make picklists for Star Trek? I'd volunteer. I think you're going to want Ships, Captains, First Officers, Engineering Officers, Doctors, Helm/Conn, Security and I'd lump Navigation/Ops/Communications together. Also Foe/Individual, Foe/Species, Love Interests. What else?

Do you need someone to organize categories and make picklists for Star Trek? I'd volunteer. I think you're going to want Ships, Captains, First Officers, Engineering Officers, Doctors, Helm/Conn, Security and I'd lump Navigation/Ops/Communications together. Also Foe/Individual, Foe/Species, Love Interests. What else?

Holodeck entity that inexplicably comes to life?

Major scientific advance that is forgotten in the next episode?

Some sort of R&R/Mental health worker category that would include Guinan, Quark, and Troi.  Anyone else? I tuned out during Voyager.

1. Your hired. Should we do a Google sheet or something?

2. Ship?

Fukui San-  I'd agree Recreation/Mental Health is a good grouping.  Ezri Dax was also a counselor.  Neelix was Morale Officer on Voyager.  I'd also put in Vic Fontaine and Leeta from Deep Space Nine.

David T Cole-  1.  Ok.   I can create it and share it once I get some it filled in some.

Should I include movie only stuff? For example, do I want William Decker or the Enterprise-A?