Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Was that the Indian outfit with the spear? I think her 2nd time at finals (when she got cut) she had an issue with her pants falling down. The outfit kind of looked like a tuxedo.

The only one I can remember with pants falling down (and a tuxedo-ish outfit) was Terry from a completely different season.

1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

The only one I can remember with pants falling down (and a tuxedo-ish outfit) was Terry from a completely different season.

Morgan had issues too - not the caveman year but the following season. She did wear a tux looking costume at finals and had to shimmy up her pants. It wasn’t obvious like Teri though.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

Morgan had issues too - not the caveman year but the following season. She did wear a tux looking costume at finals and had to shimmy up her pants. It wasn’t obvious like Teri though.

Cool.  I'll have to re-watch that because I don't remember it.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, ByTor said:

I remember Morgan saying in a TH about her pants almost falling down. 

Yep and I also remember her saying that some of the dances she saw took her breath away.  I always agreed with that. That was the year the talent at auditions seemed to really level up. 

I posted this on “The Process” thread too, & sorry for the dupe but I noticed this camera on this morning’s DCC Insta post. I know cameras have been around but it’s cool to see it there! 🎥 🤞🤞 

A little glimmer of hope maybe

E8B39597-82CE-4DB0-9D60-97FE1353CDEC.jpeg

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dariafan said:

I can’t believe they cut Julia and kept Meredith   What a hold Meredith had on them 

It's been posted here ( and on other boards) that Meredith's family is supposedly friends with the Jones family. Kelli probably did it as a favor to them the same way she put Morgan on because her family is friends with Kitty.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
On 11/22/2022 at 1:04 PM, StepKickClunk said:

Agreed, true, …but then one would have to say that Daphne shouldn’t have re-auditioned either… or Danielle should’ve pulled out etc etc.  I’m just saying Cassie wasn’t the ONLY VET EVER that received grace/time for an injury during the re-audition process.  So the “Judy’s daughter injury favoritism” theory doesn’t really stand up.   Side note:  I personally don’t see anything wrong with being hell bent on getting a fifth year, or Pro Bowl, or VotY….😆….but her coming back one last time SURELY wasn’t going to get her ANY of those accolades!!! …and SHE KNEW that.  Like she said herself, she was never going to be the smiley girl, or the yes girl, or the point of the triangle girl, with a big fake smile plastered on her face to win votes from her peers.  Cassie wouldn’t have changed who she was for a title.  She could care less.  It’s just not her style.  I really think it was as simple as she just wanted one last year.

I agree. Maybe she just wasn’t ready to be done. I know the feeling. When something forces you to quit something you adore. For me, it was running. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DCCFan123 said:

Is Jalyn excluded because she cheered for another team first? Or did she miss a game?

85598F74-297C-450F-B645-F9C74CE285EF.jpeg

She cheered for the jets so technically she has more games under her belt then Caroline and Ashlee 

• Love 3
On 12/11/2022 at 8:44 PM, Holly85 said:

She cheered for the jets so technically she has more games under her belt then Caroline and Ashlee 

Did Jalyn receive recognition when she cheered 50 NFL games? I don't remember seeing anything but could have missed it. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Kees080 said:

Did Jalyn receive recognition when she cheered 50 NFL games? I don't remember seeing anything but could have missed it. 

She got her recognition last year. It is still on her Instagram. She had a season with the Jets under her belt before joining DCC so is way ahead of Caroline or Ashlee. She probably has well over sixty games by now.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
On 12/11/2022 at 10:05 PM, MrsEVH said:

It's been posted here ( and on other boards) that Meredith's family is supposedly friends with the Jones family. Kelli probably did it as a favor to them the same way she put Morgan on because her family is friends with Kitty.

I heard it too and it wouldn't surprise me if it indeed was a favour. Let's be honest, she simply wasn't good enough to make the team without help.  Why wasn't the favour  extended for another year? 

And then there's the matter of that very awkward and cruel culling among the veterans toward the end of training camp. It was cold, unexpected, unfair and extremely brutal, without any respect for the veterans who had dedicated a year (or even a lot longer like Hannah and Brennan) to the team. Meredith was one of them. I do wonder what that action did to the friendship? So, not necessarily her cut, which was fair because she lacked the skills, but the way it was done?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, LilyD said:

And then there's the matter of that very awkward and cruel culling among the veterans toward the end of training camp. It was cold, unexpected, unfair and extremely brutal, without any respect for the veterans who had dedicated a year (or even a lot longer like Hannah and Brennan) to the team. Meredith was one of them. I do wonder what that action did to the friendship?

Yeah I'm not really believing that rumor about a friendship. If that were the case, Meredith would have made training camp the 1st time she auditioned.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

As much as I want the show back they would really need to reformat it. The 20/21 seasons were hard to keep up with. Looking at the squad photos I can only name half of the girls. Also, the girls coming into TC can already dance and basically have "the look". I think it would be hard to gain interest. I think If they brought it back it should be a docu of the season: TC, calendar shoot, games, appearances, charity work.

• Like 10
On 12/30/2022 at 12:17 PM, Teriyaki Terror said:

As much as I want the show back they would really need to reformat it. The 20/21 seasons were hard to keep up with. Looking at the squad photos I can only name half of the girls. Also, the girls coming into TC can already dance and basically have "the look". I think it would be hard to gain interest. I think If they brought it back it should be a docu of the season: TC, calendar shoot, games, appearances, charity work.

I agree the candidates are much stronger now but also the season where covid was rampant, did the candidates learn the dances ahead of time? Also, as someone said..Paramount+ has seasons 1-15.  

On 1/4/2023 at 4:16 PM, Jazzmom said:

I agree the candidates are much stronger now but also the season where covid was rampant, did the candidates learn the dances ahead of time? Also, as someone said..Paramount+ has seasons 1-15.  

i've been rewatching season 15 and thinking about that. all of them seemed SOOOOO strong and it was constantly 'omg they're outdancing the vets!' but didn't they have a while to perfect the dances before showing up so they didn't look like baby deer when TC started

• Like 1
On 1/4/2023 at 3:16 PM, Jazzmom said:

I believe they were given videos to work on the dances before they got to camp - since it was only a couple of weeks long in the bubble during COVID. I haven't watched it in a while, but I seem to remember Kelli and Judy talking about maybe starting to give the girls videos from now on because of how well they knew the dances coming into camp. You would think that would have been a thing years ago.

• Like 3
On 11/18/2022 at 5:27 PM, DCCFan2021 said:

The ideal body fat percentage also changed between seasons. Season 3 with the girl you talked about said it was like 10-16% and she absolutely nailed a girl (Jordyn Ketchum maybe?) for having like 18% body fat. And then season 4 all of a sudden it was recommended to be like 18-25% and Ashley Kelly was told to gain weight when she had 16%. And in none of those critiques did they ever say, "Here's the number of a good nutritionist." Because seriously these girls are dancing SO much I'd be surprised if extra cardio would do much for them, it's much more likely to be their diet (though everyone's different).

I believe the ideal body fat percentage is basically the same, it's just that they were using different ways of measuring it and each version had it's own standards - if that makes sense. Or some were more precise than others. There's a way to quickly figure out the normal weight range for women that pretty much lines up with BMI. Basically it starts with 100 pounds at 5 feet, then you add 5 pounds for each inch. So if a woman is 5'3", you get 115 pounds. Then you add 15 pounds to that and subtract 15 pounds to get the range of 100-130. I noticed when Kelli was talking to Courtney season 8, she told her that most of the girls her height (around 5'2.5") weighed around 104. So basically, they want them to be about 5 pounds above the lowest "normal" weight for their height.

Edited by Bindilou
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
14 hours ago, Bindilou said:

So do you think that when CMT cancelled the show they said "Well, Kelli, you gave it a good run. But tonight's going to have to be your last night." ;) 

Since Kelli was the Executive Producer, I hope it was more like her telling them: “CMT our contract is finally up and tonight’s your last night… we’ve got to move on to a modern streaming service!”….

😂I’m wishing and hoping!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 10/24/2022 at 1:44 AM, sATL said:

5? In a university that is on a traditional semester system? If so, that would mean 20 hours for 4 classes. 

Agree on AP & transferring credits to/from other colleges. Agree that some non core classes are less credit, and some schools give a credit for the lab portion of a course. 

My college was normally 3 credits per course that met either 3x or 2x per week. Science courses usually had a lab hour and they were 4 credits. Even grad school I believe was 3 credits per hour. Phys Ed classes were 1 credit. Both were traditional 2 semester systems.

• Like 1
On 1/6/2023 at 8:58 PM, Bindilou said:

I believe the ideal body fat percentage is basically the same, it's just that they were using different ways of measuring it and each version had it's own standards - if that makes sense. Or some were more precise than others. There's a way to quickly figure out the normal weight range for women that pretty much lines up with BMI. Basically it starts with 100 pounds at 5 feet, then you add 5 pounds for each inch. So if a woman is 5'3", you get 115 pounds. Then you add 15 pounds to that and subtract 15 pounds to get the range of 100-130. I noticed when Kelli was talking to Courtney season 8, she told her that most of the girls her height (around 5'2.5") weighed around 104. So basically, they want them to be about 5 pounds above the lowest "normal" weight for their height.

I made pretty much the same assumption except mine was “normal weight” minus 10, which gets us to the same place. By that calculation I should be 115. With my build, at 123-125, people start asking if something is wrong with me. I can’t imagine losing another 10. Which I haven’t seen since 2007 😆

• Love 1
4 hours ago, 88Keys said:

I'm watching season 7 on PlutoTV right now.  Did Kelli just tell one of the girls that she thought she would be a "take home girl?"  What does that even mean?

It's always meant that you're a 'take the choreo home and practise extra' girl but I think it sounds odd! It's usually those with rubbish memory that are told they're a take home girl (Lauren the nurse springs to mind).

• Like 1
7 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

It's always meant that you're a 'take the choreo home and practise extra' girl but I think it sounds odd! It's usually those with rubbish memory that are told they're a take home girl (Lauren the nurse springs to mind).

Yep, and I thought I remember @ShellyB saying once that the girls would also get choreo/routine video tapes that they could take home and study from each night.  

• Like 1

Is it completely sad that I knew the episode/season of the show that was playing on Pluto within 10-15 seconds of starting it just now (the season that Megan girl quit when she thought Kelli was going to cut her citing schoolwork)?  "I guess you're telling US this needs to be your last night?"

Edited by JarlenaFan2022
Clarity
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

When I started watching DCC MTT, there were no videos for the take home girls. In fact what we saw were girls before or after practice place the music while a veteran might be off in the corner doing the routine so the rookie could video it.  We have come a long way since then.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, JarlenaFan2022 said:

Season 7 Episode 6.  Chelsea should have been cut right then and there rather than "talking  her way out" of the office.  Wondering if she was kept for "drama" and they knew they might end up cutting her the next season?

It always shocks me they still kept her until that next rehearsal or whatever … especially when she was creepin’ out of the office saying something like: “you’re suure, you’re suuuuuuure you don’t want me to show up Monday for cameos??…because I’ll just be waiting by my phone…” 

I was like shocked they kept her after that condescending comment. Had to be for the drama. 

• Like 8
On 1/16/2023 at 7:10 AM, JarlenaFan2022 said:

Season 7 Episode 6.  Chelsea should have been cut right then and there rather than "talking  her way out" of the office.  Wondering if she was kept for "drama" and they knew they might end up cutting her the next season?

I think Kelli really liked her. She sort of looked like her daughter (and I think they became friends), and they liked her sob stories too.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
On 1/17/2023 at 12:09 PM, MaryWebGirl said:

I think Kelli really liked her. She sort of looked like her daughter (and I think they became friends), and they liked her sob stories too.

Yep. Kelli loved her in S7. She and “pretty little Emily” seemed like her favorites. Kelli was hooked after her interview where she talked about her dad seeing the cheerleaders on tour. 

Its interesting because Chelsea was all about being a DCC during trading camp her rookie season and then clearly did not seem to give a damn about toeing the line by that second training camp. The “fatties” and “oh no mam…well, on the weekend” in response to the question about partying still cracks me up.  It was so condescending. The novelty had definitely worn off.

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Yep. Kelli loved her in S7. She and “pretty little Emily” seemed like her favorites. Kelli was hooked after her interview where she talked about her dad seeing the cheerleaders on tour. 

Its interesting because Chelsea was all about being a DCC during trading camp her rookie season and then clearly did not seem to give a damn about toeing the line by that second training camp. The “fatties” and “oh no mam…well, on the weekend” in response to the question about partying still cracks me up.  It was so condescending. The novelty had definitely worn off.

In season 7 Chelsea was a major kiss ass and got an eye-rolling amount of air time, but I never minded her in season 8. At least she had personality and a sense of humor. "The fatties are still on the team" was just her trying to get her crying teammates to laugh, none who even showed any weight gain? It all seems contrived by the show and Kitty was their go to person to make some sort of drama happen. I have no doubt the producers put Kitty up to going back to K&J to report that Chelsea was being "toxic" in the locker room. Considering Chelsea was struggling dance-wise, it was a win win for TPTB - cut her, but find a way to make it a dramatic and entertaining storyline. They didn't give a damn back then what reality tv did to these gals after the show aired - Carla, Vivian, Chelsea, they were all collateral damage to get their tv show plot. 

Edited by StellaCL
  • Like 10
2 hours ago, StellaCL said:

In season 7 Chelsea was a major kiss ass and got an eye-rolling amount of air time, but I never minded her in season 8. At least she had personality and a sense of humor. "The fatties are still on the team" was just her trying to get her crying teammates to laugh, none who even showed any weight gain? It all seems contrived by the show and Kitty was their go to person to make some sort of drama happen. I have no doubt the producers put Kitty up to going back to K&J to report that Chelsea was being "toxic" in the locker room. Considering Chelsea was struggling dance-wise, it was a win win for TPTB - cut her, but find a way to make it a dramatic and entertaining storyline. They didn't give a damn back then what reality tv did to these gals after the show aired - Carla, Vivian, Chelsea, they were all collateral damage to get their tv show plot. 

I found Chelsea’s reaction to be hilarious and far more entertaining than her S7 persona, so I’m not complaining about her lol. However, I really don’t buy that the “fatties” comments were just about making her teammates laugh. Now, to be clear, I don’t think it’s “toxic” either. I just think that’s probably how the DCCs regularly talk and joke amongst themselves about K&J and their BS weight (and other) requirements. Back when I was a cheerleader in high school, I could absolutely see us having a similar reaction after getting called out for something that we thought was dumb or uncalled for. I think Chelsea, who was pretty young, just forgot for a moment or didn’t care anymore that she was on tv. 

Kitty strikes me as someone who would go tattle on the girls for laughing about a weight talk, especially since she’s one of the main ones who was always calling out cheerleaders for weight gain. Also, we’ve seen over the years that Kelli loathes when anyone doesn’t toe the line exactly how she wants them to. So, sure, maybe it was all contrived, but that situation didn’t seem that far-fetched to me.

I do agree about Kelli, etc when it comes to reality tv though. There are plenty of instances where it seemed like they went out of their way to embarrass girls. 

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
11 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Kitty strikes me as someone who would go tattle on the girls for laughing about a weight talk, especially since she’s one of the main ones who was always calling out cheerleaders for weight gain. 

Kitty was the one we saw call out girls for weight gain the most.  She's also the one that said to give Victoria "the respect she deserves to get it off." after Victoria gained 11+ pounds so why her and not the other veterans? Rhetorical question I know.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Kitty strikes me as someone who would go tattle on the girls for laughing about a weight talk, especially since she’s one of the main ones who was always calling out cheerleaders for weight gain.

And let’s be honest here… it’s not like Kitty was outside chilling on the curb with the other girls and “overheard” all this.  I understood it to be a known fact amongst the vets that if you want something to get back to K&J, and quick-like, tell Kitty Carter!

(Although they would have seen Chelsea’s comment ultimately anyways since it was filmed.)

• Like 1
On 1/19/2023 at 3:18 AM, Jess14 said:

found Chelsea’s reaction to be hilarious and far more entertaining than her S7 persona, so I’m not complaining about her lol. However, I really don’t buy that the “fatties” comments were just about making her teammates laugh. Now, to be clear, I don’t think it’s “toxic” either. I just think that’s probably how the DCCs regularly talk and joke amongst themselves about K&J and their BS weight (and other) requirements

Hilarious; yes. Disrespectful;yes. Understandable; absolutely!

First, there is nothing wrong with asking to show some respect and good manners but TPTB pushed it a little too far in my humble opinion. They were treated like young girls, not the young adults they were. The childish approach really got on my nerves. And how the the group always responded in chorus with those high-pitched voices with “yes ma’m!” That’s an elementary school practice!

Second, I completely agree with your take on “joking and talking amongst the DCC”. The weight goals are ridiculous and must have been a struggle. The girls know and this must have been how they dealt with it. I mean….calling a 5ft 7 girl with 120 lbs overweight? Or saying that a 5ft 2 girl typically weighs 104lbs? What else can you do? Cry? Laugh? Or joke about it and move on? 

For those who might have seen a ?1992 video featuring Kelli & Judy that someone posted on another site. I wasn’t paying attention to when it ended(it was a YouTube posting) & it rolled into another DCC offering which was the DCC Brides which I have always enjoyed.

Chelsea's "fatty" comment I have mixed feelings about. I do think it was her way of trying to "cheer the girls up" but I'm not so sure, if I'd been one of the girls whose dream was about to be taken away, that I'd have found it funny and it certainly wouldn't have cheered me up. But I do think it was just meant to be a stupid joke. Kitty running to go tattle on her makes me think that there was more going on between Kitty and Chelsea because otherwise that is beyond petty.

The bigger issue with Chelsea was the whole "were you drinking" thing. There is absolutely no way that wasn't her lying to their faces, getting caught and trying to backpeddle. As an employer I wouldn't want someone who could lie to my face like that. And if it wasn't a lie, which I think it was because I'm giving Chelsea some credit for not being a moron, then the girl is stupid, and kelli doesn't like stupid. 

• Like 1
On 1/12/2023 at 4:04 AM, DCC-UK said:

Like when Kelli said Morgan would be a "locker room favorite."  I know she meant a girl that the other girls on the team liked, but wow- that phrase could have a whole different meaning.

On 1/22/2023 at 12:49 AM, LilyD said:

Hilarious; yes. Disrespectful;yes. Understandable; absolutely!

First, there is nothing wrong with asking to show some respect and good manners but TPTB pushed it a little too far in my humble opinion. They were treated like young girls, not the young adults they were. The childish approach really got on my nerves. And how the the group always responded in chorus with those high-pitched voices with “yes ma’m!” That’s an elementary school practice!

I hate how Kelli talks about the girls being confident and intelligent young women but then still treats them like children.  The way they make them sit on the FLOOR while they are waiting for their turn in the office is so demeaning!  

• Like 3

I was watching season 4 last night and besides the Minchews of it all, I was struck by just how skeevy the “body fat” testing was in this episode (is this the last season they did this little exercise?). Like okay, I guess the girls need to be in bikinis for the test (though I feel like they could/should be wearing hospital gowns like any other patient), but it’s absolutely ridiculous to have the TCC remain dressed only in her bikini during the office visit portion of that segment. Like the girls didn’t drive to the clinic in their bikinis, right? Let them put their clothes back on instead of having them sit perched on a chair in just a tiny bathing suit while the two fully-clothed adults discuss their body composition. 

I’m sure we’ve talked about this in the past, but it just really struck me as wild. Even “little, tiny uniform” isn’t that small and exposing. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1