Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/25/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, March 25 – Day of Hot Topics; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices 

Tuesday, March 26 – Former “The View” co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck (“Point of View: A Fresh Look at Work, Faith, and Freedom”)

Wednesday, March 27 – The Political View with former Democratic candidate for Governor of Georgia Stacey Abrams (“Minority Leader: How to Build Your Future and Make Real Change”)

Thursday, March 28 – Lupita Nyong’o (“Us”)

Friday, March 29 – A performance by Stephanie J. Block (Broadway’s “The Cher Show”); “Feel Good Friday: View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

• Love 2

I think it's funny because I remember someone in last week's thread talking about how she only cared about her own family and mentioned how she would react differently if it was the Gold Star family being attacked again. Now the father is appearing on Monday... Sounds like somebody reads here, ha.

• Love 12

I don't know if I can deal with Abby today. At all.

I'm glad Whoopi is better, but I kind of wish she was still at home resting right now. It's no secret I can't stand Trump, but her refusal to even say his name was cute at first, but grew tired long before now. It also makes her introduction to any political current events unnecessarily wordy and confusing. 

Whoever told Meghan she could wear that mustard color doesn't like her. 

Has ABC's Jonathan Karl been on recently (last six months)? If so, in what capacity?

When I heard he was going to be the one to break down what we know so far about the Mueller report, my initial reaction was that he was going to give the administration a tongue bath, but I don't know why. (I'm about 5 minutes behind, so I just heard him say this was close to a "complete vindication").

I think I don't have the stomach for this show and its bullshit today.

Edited by General Days
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14

Personally I glad to see the air taken out of Joy’s sails. I really can’t stand her relentless bashing of the President. I’m not a huge fan of his but she’s been ridiculous in her comments. 

• Love 3

Meghan- I would argue that you are part of the media.  All of the attention that she has gotten lately (guest on other talk shows) has made her a target for Trump lovers. This woman is completely unaware of herself

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

I love you Joy but I have no idea what you were just trying to say about your theory re: same sex sex.  Huh?  Whaa??  And shocker of shocks, Megsy's favourite Spice Girl was Baby Spice and she used to dress like her.  Used to?  And fuck off with your fake British accent, Whoopi.  I find that shit mocking, not funny.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Cementhead said:

And fuck off with your fake British accent, Whoopi.  I find that shit mocking, not funny.

I really hate when Whoopi does the accent thing. I wish she would just retire that whole shtick. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
8 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan keeps blaming the media for "hyping the Mueller report up." I liked Jonathan Karl's response: this is a massive story and the biggest investigation of a sitting President since Nixon. Of course it would be heavily reported on. And then she randomly says Adam Schiff shouldn't be on tv right now? Just shut up. Ugh, my nerves...

I must have confused Karl with someone else. Wasn't there some ABC journo on the show this season who really just seemed like he ought to be part of the Fox News infotainment complex?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, General Days said:

I must have confused Karl with someone else. Wasn't there some ABC journo on the show this season who really just seemed like he ought to be part of the Fox News infotainment complex?

Hm, I can't remember at the moment.

And did Whoopi just make a smart mouth comment about Sunny's children going to Catholic school? 

• Love 2

Didn't we hear last week that The View's makeup and wardrobe people had been nominated for Emmy awards?  I'm guessing that Whoopi must not use these people, because I can't imagine anyone would recommend wearing a hole-y, beat up, wrinkled and dirty looking painter's coat as a good wardrobe choice!!  This is one of the worst looks I've ever seen on Whoopi!!  

There are homeless people outside the studio that are better dressed.

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8

Flipping channels. Caught 1 minute of Joy misrepresenting, misunderstanding, and saying untruths about the Mueller report vindicating Trump and finding no collusion. She really has no grasp. Sorry, but, she gets it wrong often. 

Khizr Khan got it right. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Mr. Khan is dropping truth bombs right now about the Mueller report.

Yes, and they were fantastic.

Joy's first attempt at moving the interview along was interrupted with, "I don’t want to make this all about me, but….” Three guesses who!

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
Just now, AdeleDazeem said:

Flipping channels. Caught 1 minute of Joy misrepresenting, misunderstanding, and saying untruths about the Mueller report vindicating Trump and finding no collusion. She really has no grasp. Sorry, but, she gets it wrong often. 

Khizr Khan got it right. 

I love Joy, but, she disappointed me today with her conclusions about the report and why society finds female bisexuality more palatable and accepting than male bisexuality..

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I really hate when Whoopi does the accent thing. I wish she would just retire that whole shtick. 

I really hate when Whoopi does the accent thing. I wish she would just retire.  that whole shtick

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, General Days said:

I think it was him. Meghan loved loved loved him. I remember not liking him lol.

I haven't watched today. It didn't record. I'm not sure I'll watch.  I'm not feeling great about everything that is happening.  I dont want to hear Abby and Meghan talk about the Mueller Report. 

I'll stick with reading about Wendy Williams gossip lol.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

One segment McCain says I'm not a Trump supporter. The following segment, she goes all out in defense of Trump. Yeah, sure. What a liar.

It’s called being objective. You don’t have to like someone or support someone to defend them.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Saw these, wonder if something changed for Monday.

06E293CD-80A3-4009-8706-6CDD53CDB675.jpeg

F0DFF3F7-E879-408C-88FF-59027D137124.jpeg

I didn't watch this segment but he is only on because of Meghan. I agree that Trump is wrong to talk about John McCain but how much needs to be on The View?

Sunny's sappy speech last week was enough. How much more attention does Meghan need?

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 15
27 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I didn't watch this segment but he is only on because of Meghan.

He started out by telling Meghan something along the lines of "he was honoured to be in the presence of such Grace."  My phone rang after that so I didn't catch the rest.  I have nothing but mad respect for the man but no, Meghan is a million years away from having grace.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 19
5 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

He started out by telling Meghan something along the lines of "he was honoured to be in the presence of such Grace."  My phone rang after that so I didn't catch the rest.  I have nothing but mad respect for the man but no, Meghan is a million years away from having grace.

This is precisely when I turned Youtube off, don't wanna hear that horseshit at work.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
14 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

hmmm, the producers must have worked overtime on that line for him!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Why was NutMeg snarling about Adam Schiff today?  Isn't it is his job to represent the people?  He is supposed to be on the political shows.  It was an ugly look on her, but not quite as ugly as....

THAT HORRID MUSTARD COLOURED BLOUSE SHE WAS STUFFED INTO!

• colour was all wrong for her
  • fabric was all wrong as it showed not only her back fat but also the bump where her mike pack is
  • unaboob...always a bad idea
  • peekaboo neckline that did not flatter and showed her bra; with the tightly tied bow evoking just how tightly wound she is

Why is NutMeg blaming the media?  Even what we know from the Mueller Report, he indicates that there is so much that has been publicly reported re obstruction, meaning that Trump has tweeted or said these things, or his actions have shown obstruction.  So, the media is to blame for his behaviour?  That is what Nixon said.

• Love 21
6 minutes ago, bannana said:

Why is NutMeg blaming the media?  Even what we know from the Mueller Report, he indicates that there is so much that has been publicly reported re obstruction, meaning that Trump has tweeted or said these things, or his actions have shown obstruction.  So, the media is to blame for his behaviour?  That is what Nixon said.

banana, banana, banana! Don't you remember? Twat wasn't "born then." How is she expected to know that?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Spill! Which means: DETAILS!

I transcribed it as best I could for you Scorpio! It may not be verbatim but still, fairly close:

Joy: Let me ask you something because we know that he divides people in this country. We know that he's, uh, he makes people like you guys feel terrible. But - so the Mueller report comes out and we were thinking maybe, they, ya know, have something on him. How did you feel about it when you heard there was no collusion and that Barr exonerated him on obstruction? Not Mueller, but Barr did, which is still up in the air. How do you feel about all that?

Khizr Khan: We haven't seen the report. What are we talking about? All we have seen is that Barr wrote a 19-page employment memo in 2018 to Trump to hire me. He is reflecting - he is reflecting in that 4 pages exactly the same thing that he said in 2018 (?), so what are we talking about [this] report? We haven't seen the report. This is what I remember and this is what his supporters ought to remember - in early 2016, prior to the election, he stood on the podium and said, 'Russia, I want you to hack the emails, 30,000 emails,' - everybody heard that. And Russia did that. He sits in the white house, partly because of that favor - that is the President that we have today. So the report - we have to see, we have to read it, we have to find out what it is that has caused this.

Also wanted to add that I didn't like Joy's take on the Mueller report either.

• Love 20
13 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I transcribed it as best I could for you Scorpio! It may not be verbatim but still, fairly close:

Joy: Let me ask you something because we know that he divides people in this country. We know that he's, uh, he makes people like you guys feel terrible. But - so the Mueller report comes out and we were thinking maybe, they, ya know, have something on him. How did you feel about it when you heard there was no collusion and that Barr exonerated him on obstruction? Not Mueller, but Barr did, which is still up in the air. How do you feel about all that?

Khizr Khan: We haven't seen the report. What are we talking about? All we have seen is that Barr wrote a 19-page employment memo in 2018 to Trump to hire me. He is reflecting - he is reflecting in that 4 pages exactly the same thing that he said in 2018 (?), so what are we talking about [this] report? We haven't seen the report. This is what I remember and this is what his supporters ought to remember - in early 2016, prior to the election, he stood on the podium and said, 'Russia, I want you to hack the emails, 30,000 emails,' - everybody heard that. And Russia did that. He sits in the white house, partly because of that favor - that is the President that we have today. So the report - we have to see, we have to read it, we have to find out what it is that has caused this.

Also wanted to add that I didn't like Joy's take on the Mueller report either.

Thanks!

• Love 2

NutMeg, I absolutely love that.  I swear she has multiple personalities.  Hell, I come from a military family, all the way back to my great-great grandfather who was a Hungarian Freedom Fighter.  I would bet most families have had family members who served in the military, so she ain’t nothing special.

Elisabeth is on in part, I’m guessing, to respond to allegations in a book written about the View that said Rosie O’Donnell had lesbian feelings for her.  Rosie was quoted as saying that she loved EH and was trying to coach her on being a good panelist, and had “feelings” for her.

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

NutMeg, I absolutely love that.  I swear she has multiple personalities.  Hell, I come from a military family, all the way back to my great-great grandfather who was a Hungarian Freedom Fighter.  I would bet most families have had family members who served in the military, so she ain’t nothing special.

Elisabeth is on in part, I’m guessing, to respond to allegations in a book written about the View that said Rosie O’Donnell had lesbian feelings for her.  Rosie was quoted as saying that she loved EH and was trying to coach her on being a good panelist, and had “feelings” for her.

OMG WHAT? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

Do you walk around all day telling people that?  Do you mention it at least once a day to some rando?  I am guessing no.  Unlike NutMeg.

Edited by Cementhead
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9