Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: Aaron's Story LIVE CHAT

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Reminder: Please do not discuss politics via topic of disability/Medicare & "stealing from the public". Only address issues related to people on the show, not everyone in a given group.  Let's veer away from assumptions that head us down that slope.

• Start Topic

Their house is really clean so that makes me less depressed watching this. 

Really, it's the littlest things at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Wanda said:

He’s 30 and in such bad shape I’m guessing 730lbs

He’s gotta be super tall, right? Or I’m massively jaded by this show. Because when they were showing pictures of him at 500lbs, I didn’t think he looked “that big”. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

200 lbs at 8, 300 lbs at 13, and he comes by it honestly, since Mom was huge too.   Do any of the Poundticipants actually chew their food?     He's really shoveling that French Toast in.    

I don't like him at all, everything is about him, and nothing about the 76 year old father who has to drive and shop for him.  

That's what I love about mobile homes, some have huge tubs, and some have huge showers, or both.    

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Lizz said:

Let him watch last night’s ‘Hoarders’ and he might lose that appetite real fast. 

Is ‘licking fingers while eating’ on the bingo card ?  They all do it. 

Well now I must look for this Hoarders episode everyone is mentioning!

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Grocery shopping scene, check. One more "journey" and I'll have Bingo! 

Time for the blackout round!

there is the elusive “oh my leg” square to go after and the “Lola has a new wig square”

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Hi, Pounders! Thanks to those who answered my question about where Aaron lives.

My eating habit tonight is a big salad including fresh avocado, and a grilled angus beef patty. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, String Theory said:

How ya'll doin?  My eating habit over the past 3 days has been birthday cake based - Tiramisu b-day cake Monday(the actual birthday), Carrot Cake Tuesday (thanks to my next  door neighbor) and then at work today they threw me a birthday party with wait for it............a chocolate and vanilla chip ice cream cake.   Just turned 60 (!!)  and I'm drowning my sorrows in cake!    If I don't watch myself pounders, I'll be on the road to Nowzardin.   

Cold turkey tomorrow.  No cake came home today and all the ice cream is gone.  Salad days are back again, honestly, I like cake, but I'm looking forward to going back to my veggie eating ways.

Dammit.  Now I want cake🎂.  Happy birthday.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
Just now, Smoothcoat said:

Well now I must look for this Hoarders episode everyone is mentioning!

Make sure to watch on an empty stomach and don't plan on eating afterwards 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

It's the new "Leaving the House" Workout! All you do is leave your house and the pounds melt off!

Don't forget the long walk to the bathroom every morning!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

More irony:  the "thin," "normal weight" family member is someone who probably could stand to lose a good 50 lbs themselves.  But in comparison to the subject of the show, they are entitled to eat the burgers and fries.  You know, because they are "thin" (to read: able to walk and wear shoes."

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

Sister isn't particularly thin herself, and she brings fast food for lunch.  At least her kids look normal weight.

I watched him eat earlier.   Can't even hold his fork properly, and doesn't put it down between bites like he is scared the food will disappear before he can eat it.   

We have supermarkets that will do  your shopping for you; some deliver, and others will have it ready when you drive up.   That would save his poor dad the trip to the store, but I guess that's the only time he gets out unless Sister Margaret takes him somewhere.

And he has a tattoo.  Can't go out and buy groceries, but can go get a tattoo.  I realize that tattoo was probably from the days when he was only 500 pounds.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
Just now, Miss Chevious said:

Grocery store parking lots or fast food drive throughs more likely.

New business model to consider - a drive thru grocery/tattoo parlour.  

Guess that most of these folks don't live anywhere near stores that will shop for you - like Walmart and deliver.  

• LOL 3