Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I alway wondered why she left and left a bunch of garbage behind.  I never heard of someone moving out of a house and leaving all their unwanted shit.  

Technically, when you sell a house, you're supposed to leave it completely empty and "broom clean."  But then, technically, when you sell a house, you generally aren't allowed to take years to move out of it, either, so this case is an exception.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I'm sorry but there were multiple seasons of episodes from 2016 onward where the plot was "Matt wants Amy to move, Matt's vocally unhappy with living in the double wide, Matt wants Amy to sell, Matt's living in miserable pain in the dw while Amy got the house he wants and why won't she move?"... complete with Matt hectoring her on multiple occasions to make the decision he wanted. There was constant pressure.

Wrong.  Yes, he wanted her to make a decision so he could then make his own decisions (based on her decision) and get on with his life, already, but never did he pressure her to make one choice or the other.  It was always entirely up to her, she could have stayed on the farm and even in the house if she wanted to.  As he said, "I can work with either outcome," and I have no doubt that's true.  Matt takes lemons and makes lemonade...  Amy takes lemonade and makes lemons!

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I alway wondered why she left and left a bunch of garbage behind.  I never heard of someone moving out of a house and leaving all their unwanted shit.  

Well, it happened when we rented out our previous home because we needed to move and the real estate market at that time was in the dumps.
The renters moved out and left so much crap it was unbelievable. They even left photos and memorabilia from their son’s school athletic activities! We called them numerous times to tell them they had a deadline to remove their things and they never responded. We donated some things like clothes and trashed the rest.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, all4mom2 said:

Wrong.  Yes, he wanted her to make a decision so he could then make his own decisions (based on her decision) and get on with his life, already, but never did he pressure her to make one choice or the other.  It was always entirely up to her, she could have stayed on the farm and even in the house if she wanted to.  As he said, "I can work with either outcome," and I have no doubt that's true.  Matt takes lemons and makes lemonade...  Amy takes lemonade and makes lemons!

Wrong. Matt did pressure Amy to make a decision— the one he wanted. He never seriously offered to leave the farm, really. And not being ready to make a decision is, in fact, a decision unto itself.

• Love 3

How is demanding she make a decision not pressure? You're attempting to suggest he was quiet in his house when again, there's multiple episodes showing Matt demanding she decide.

There's even one where she refused to sell and he actually shouted at her that that wasn't a decision. Was that Matt accepting whatever she decided?

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Wrong. Matt did pressure Amy to make a decision— the one he wanted. He never seriously offered to leave the farm, really. And not being ready to make a decision is, in fact, a decision unto itself.

He did not pressure to make a particular decision, as I said; a decision, yes, he gave her a few gentle nudges YEARS AFTER THEY WERE DIVORCED.  Who wouldn't, and why shouldn't he?  He was remarkably restrained, considering.

Why should Matt have to "leave the farm"?  That was never in the equation.  There was room for both.

People have -- or can -- watch for themselves and judge; we don't have to convince each other or other posters of our views.  Obviously nothing will budge them on either side; we're as deeply entrenched as Amy was in that hoard.

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11

A gentle nudge is not shouting at her that she's making the wrong decision. Nor is constantly asking her to make a decision. Its harassment. Thats what was happening as soon the divorce happened. Considering the terms of the divorce, that Amy gets tenancy, Matt had no business constantly telling her she needed to move. BTW thats also harassment. And if there was no reason for Matt to move, well, help me out, Amy got tenancy of the big house, so why was Matt constantly harping about how she had to move?

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

He did not pressure to make a particular decision, as I said; a decision, yes, he gave her a few gentle nudges YEARS AFTER THEY WERE DIVORCED.  Who wouldn't, and why shouldn't he?  He was remarkably restrained, considering.

Why should Matt have to "leave the farm"?  That was never in the equation.  There was room for both.

People have -- or can -- watch for themselves and judge; we don't have to convince each other or other posters of our views.  Obviously nothing will budge them on either side; we're as deeply entrenched as Amy was in that hoard.

Why should Amy “ leave the farm?”  From what I watched, there was always the assumption that Amy would leave, it was just a matter of when. It seemed as if Matt was always the default as to who would live at the farm after the divorce. 
This is just my take from watching the show, of course. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and perception of events.

As an aside, I was watching the Betty Broderick story on Netflix. I did feel some sympathy for Betty (before the murders, of course), but that doesn’t mean I think she was always right— or even a nice person. And that also doesn’t mean that I felt Dan was, either. I can think that Betty was wrong and horrible while still thinking that Dan was a lying, cheating douche. 
If I defend Amy, it’s not because I think she is a saint— it’s because I feel Matt’s faults and accountability are often overlooked. Ymmv

• Love 6

*sigh*

As I recall it, Amy was expected to leave the farm only after she announced she was leaving the farm.  She had the option of staying (either in the farmhouse or elsewhere on the farm) if that's what she wanted...

She didn't.  There would have been no "poor me" victim story in that scenario.

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Geography……

Fans in the Pacific Northwest,🌲I want to cook with you! On September 13th, Lisa and I will be celebrating the most beautiful season in our area by cooking a Fall🍁 themed dish, and we need some fellow PNW dwellers to help.😃 If you live here, then you know what a special place it is!

Because the theme is Friends and Family in the Pacific Northwest, this is only open to residents of Oregon, Washington, and Northern California. But don't worry, we're going to cook with fans from all the different regions in the US in the future!

Here's how to enter:

1. Tag a friend or family member who also lives in the Pacific Northwest in the comments below
2. Share your favorite thing about living in this beautiful area!

We'll be randomly selecting three winning entries, and you and the person you tag will join us on September 13th on a live video call. 💻

The deadline to enter is this Sunday, August 29th, at 11:59PM PST!

0551DFB0-E424-4749-BF85-544DB570DDAB.jpeg

• Love 1

If Amy wanted to stay on the farm she should have stayed.  She should have just told Matt, I'm not leaving I like living here so lets put up a border wall and figure out how to deal with pumpkin season.  I really believe she was waiting to see where her life was going with Chris (once they started seeing each other) and she was stalling. Not fair that everyone should sit around waiting for Amy to make a decision.  Life goes on Amy!

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

If Amy wanted to stay on the farm she should have stayed.  She should have just told Matt, I'm not leaving I like living here so lets put up a border wall and figure out how to deal with pumpkin season.  I really believe she was waiting to see where her life was going with Chris (once they started seeing each other) and she was stalling. Not fair that everyone should sit around waiting for Amy to make a decision.  Life goes on Amy!

That was totally open to her, Matt said he would be fine either way (and why should Matt lie?), and even Chris obviously preferred it...but Amy has to Amy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

If Matt was totally open to her not moving, why did he yell at her that she was making the wrong decision when she refused his buyout? I've watched the post divorce episodes, Matt does lie and "I'm happy with whatever Amy chooses" was shown to be a lie based on his behavior.

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Love 2

Amy bailed out because the place was falling down around her!  Roof leaked, house banged and dirty, pool leaking and cracked and outside work was overgrown and desperately needed attention.

Amy surely wasn’t spending a dime because she’s cheep so she sold out!

Well she was supposed to leave but she almost needed an eviction to get her out!

Poor Matt. I’ve never seen him so happy as he is now!  I bet he’d love to ‘give the bride away’. Lol

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

I do remember that the place needed a lot of work and she was saying she couldn't take care of it, why not?  She had plenty of money and if it needs repairs etc you hire someone. I hire people all the time to get things done.   Just an excuse to stall and then leave the place looking like a shit show.  Matt and Caryn and crazy, I would have never done all that work getting the place ready for her wedding especially when she probably does not even appreciate it and her and her butthead friend Lisa throw shade at Matt during their stupid "lives".   I hope Matt charged her and Chris for all the clean up, plants, use of electricity etc.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Lisa again.  Maybe Amy should marry Lisa and Chris should marry Matt; might turn out better all around!

Also make more belivable TV.anything beats this' paid to show up' wedding.Oh well bullshit keeps rollin on.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

A gentle nudge is not shouting at her that she's making the wrong decision. Nor is constantly asking her to make a decision. Its harassment. Thats what was happening as soon the divorce happened. Considering the terms of the divorce, that Amy gets tenancy, Matt had no business constantly telling her she needed to move. BTW thats also harassment. And if there was no reason for Matt to move, well, help me out, Amy got tenancy of the big house, so why was Matt constantly harping about how she had to move?

Matt was making noises like maybe it was time for him to move and put the farm behind him .  Caryn wouldn’t shut up  that she didn’t want Amy impeding with their relationship and their life  . Bottom line she  didn’t want to have to drive by Amy’s big house on her way to the double wide, or be reminded she screwed the boss.  She’s earning her TLC money puffing up his ego non stop.  They deserve each other.  Wonder if he married her if she would have access to his checking account. 
i totally  understand Amy wanting  the house in her name after being kept in the dark by Mr Locked and Loaded all those years as he bought auction stuff he just hoarded away and forgot about. 

• Love 5
Just now, LucyEth said:

What will she do when the wedding is over?  He whole world for the past year or so has been this wedding.  She will be lost.  Lots more drinks, chips and salsa I guess.

After recovering from post-wedding let-down, bad-mouthing Chris would be my guess.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5

I have never really seen a collage full of pictures of people at a wedding.  I have seen many at funerals so people will be reminded of the good memories of the person.  Amy really doesn't know when to stop.  She probably has someone tying tin cans, ribbons and a just married sign on the back of the bike, so they can dramatically ride off when the reception is over.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

That's him; cock of the walk!

Doesn't the farm look just perfect?  Matt doesn't want ANYTHING to go wrong tomorrow!

No matter what would go wrong, it would be all his fault, even if Amy pops a seam on her dress!

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

He's certainly getting a nice paycheck from TLC to do this.

As is she.

He would have appeared in the wedding episode anyway ("Meanwhile...  In Arizona...") and thus gotten his usual TLC cut even without the aggravation.

• Love 12

No, he gets paid for farm usage. For everything. Back when Grimm was filming locally, he was bragging how he was letting the TV show use his parking lot.... but it was very much for a fee. Matt is definitely getting a check from Tlc for this wedding.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

No, he gets paid for farm usage. For everything. Back when Grimm was filming locally, he was bragging how he was letting the TV show use his parking lot.... but it was very much for a fee. Matt is definitely getting a check from Tlc for this wedding.

Good; he deserves it -- and more!

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, EllaWycliffe said:

If tlc wasn't involved he would have told Amy to go screw herself.

You don't know that.  Maybe he just wants to be a good ex-husband, especially because they share children and grandchildren.  I don't see Matt as a bad guy wanting to make his ex-wife miserable.  What would be the point in that?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9