Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Oops, didn’t know that. Did she mention that they used it as a term of endearment, or was it that her own family teased her? If it’s the latter, I think that’s very sad. Context is everything. If an angry stranger calls you a “ bitch” it’s different than a good friend jokingly chiding you, saying “you’re such a bitch.” Ymmv

At any rate, this is a site for snark and opinions, so rock on with your bad self.

She was laughing about it with Lisa in one of her instagram live videos like it was a pet name or joke within her family, definitely not upset. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Ummmm excuse me but….She’s the one who said she was the “runt” of her family and that they called her “runty”  🙄

Sounds like something Gordon would do.  But I think Amy's self-esteem is a-ok!

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

So Deb is single AGAIN? and she needs a date for the wedding and wants to meet men… what’s that 3 divorces?

Amy said the wedding will be on tv in a couple months.

Amy had to say Deb and I organized the painting party, as you may recall, and now I'M getting married to the man I met there, but (poor) Deb is still looking!

Pretty sure Deb's been single this whole time, but not sure how many divorces.

• Useful 2
6 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Amy had to say Deb and I organized the painting party, as you may recall, and now I'M getting married to the man I met there, but (poor) Deb is still looking!

Pretty sure Deb's been single this whole time, but not sure how many divorces.

I wonder if Chris tried to date Deb?  
Maybe Deb wasn’t interested in him.. 🤔

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

Found it and how arrogant is Amy!  I think that's the part most people don't like about her!

She's nothing to look at but thinks she's all that.  She's not the least bit humble.

Lisa told her to step back a bit because I'm sure she's read the online criticism.  But know it all Amy plows even closer.

Looks like her uppers might have been bleached but her lowers!!!!!  Brown tooth or food caught in it!

I thought Deb had some strange looking dude hanging around a while back?  Lisa has a goofy looking one too!

Filming and getting paid to kiss Amy's ass plus benefits of travel and meals!  Plus they think they are movie stars!  I guess it gives their single boring lives a lift!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

They both tried to shush her when she revealed they were filming.  Guess they're both TLC employees!  Then they also tried to get her off the live, but Amy wasn't having it.  She loves the spotlight!

Can't wait for the episode where Amy "relinguishes" and has to get glasses...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Oh brothers she's not drunk.  Got a little snotty too!

How ridiculous that she could not end the live.  Idiots!

It's obvious she had a buzz, especially at the beginning. Nothing wrong with that, but don't complain about the comments if you're slurring your words on Instagram Live.

I'm starting to get concerned about what Amy will do with herself after all the wedding nonsense is over.

• Love 8

The couples!

28 minutes ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

I'm starting to get concerned about what Amy will do with herself after all the wedding nonsense is over.

I get concerned what kind of friendships she will really have when no more checks for friends occurs!

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Adiba said:

However, Amy can do nothing about being of short stature ("runty"), so I think it's unfair to criticize her on that. YMMV

I don't recall anyone on this thread criticizing Amy for being short but I don't remember every comment posted. 

It's not Amy's height that annoys anyone. It's her bitchy, selfish, bossy, entitled attitude. She thinks she is some A list Hollywood celebrity with multiple talents: cooking, kayaking, skydiving, zip lining, camping, hiking, riding on a Harley on long road trips, scrap booking, rock collecting, eating fattening foods. She thinks she is so much more than she really is. She is a selfish, bossy bitch on the inside. Good luck Chris! Meowwwww! 😄

• LOL 5
  • Love 8

I've been watching the show for years, and in the early years, I thought Amy was OK, maybe on the negative side. She had children to raise and a job. But the empty nest, plenty of money, rockin' grandma bride to be is irritating. 

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I get concerned what kind of friendships she will really have when no more checks for friends occurs!

After all this time, they're probably ACTUAL friends (like you get to be with your coworkers eventually), but she sure was lucky the TLC paychecks were there in the beginning of her #secondact, or we'd have seen Amy sitting home watching TV!

• LOL 3

I'm really not sure why people would think Amy was friendless. Deb dates all the way back to season 2 and Lisa to season 9 and I don't see their names on the cast so I don't think they're getting paid at all.  Amy was always pretty popular at the LP conventions and appears to have a large circle of friends. Take it as you like, I know social media comments aren't always true (unless you know, an anonymous stripper is involved) but various locals and friends have always described Amy as a popular friendly person in the communities she frequents. 

I mean, I get that she's not well liked *here* but the notion that she's friendless without providing cash pay outs seems a bit silly. 

• Love 3

My understanding is people on reality shows get paid something. Friends may not get paid as much as the family, but it's considered a TV show, and the cast would have to be compensated. 

It's very likely they're her friends, but reality shows come with perks like free trips and other things.

Edited by babyhouseman
add more
  • Love 2

In what context did Deb appear in Season 2?  Were their children on the same soccer team or something?  Because Amy wasn't doing "girls' nights out" back then.  If I had every episode at my fingertips, I'd definitely rewatch that one and look for her!  I remember Lisa's first appearances in connection with her charity around 2012 (and she's confirmed on Live that's when they "became friends").

• Love 1

No, the friends would just have to sign permission slips to be filmed - thats what was done with the kids friends in the early years. Thats also one reason we stopped seeing Pop and Honey - they asked to *get* paid and got dropped. 

All4mom2 - it was season 2 and Deb had come over to get some peaches. I remember being surprised to see her. 

6 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

No, the friends would just have to sign permission slips to be filmed - thats what was done with the kids friends in the early years. Thats also one reason we stopped seeing Pop and Honey - they asked to *get* paid and got dropped. 

All4mom2 - it was season 2 and Deb had come over to get some peaches. I remember being surprised to see her. 

They used to sell peaches, didn't they?  So she was a customer? 

Okay...

I'd love to see a screenshot!

I distinctly remember Amy lamenting that she had no friends when Matt moved out and desperately scrambling to find some...  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, all4mom2 said:

They used to sell peaches, didn't they?  So she was a customer? 

In the context of the episode, she was a friend Amy had invited over to pick peaches from "the secret stash" - Matt was annoyed that Amy had invited friends over to get the last peaches. It was Deb and another woman. I'd love to do a screen shot but no idea how to get it from my tv to here. 

4 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

I distinctly remember Amy lamenting that she had no friends when Matt moved out and desperately scrambling to find some...  

I remember she was sad and alone and crying when Matt moved out and a lot of their friends were married friends who no doubt isolated her. I remember Rob and Amy? A dwarf couple - who seemed pretty close to Amy and Matt who disappeared around this time. 

I don't think they were getting paychecks either. 

• Useful 1

So that still doesn't explain how Amy and Deb became "friends"...

Regulars on these shows get paychecks; there was a huge kerfuffle when Hate Gosselin didn't want her brother and SIL being paid despite their appearing in almost every episode -- keeping the kids for her!

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

So that still doesn't explain how Amy and Deb became "friends"

I'm sorry, what are you expecting here? She was in an early episode presented at one of Amy's friends. It was a fairly minor scene but being season two, and Deb was presented as Amy's friend. 

5 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Regulars on these shows get paychecks; there was a huge kerfuffle when Hate Gosselin didn't want her brother and SIL being paid despite their appearing in almost every episode -- keeping the kids for her!

Regulars are in the credits. Pop and Honey were dropped from the show when they asked to get paid. Friends aren't getting paychecks. The kids friends have stated they were required to sign agreements to be on the show and weren't paid. Chris and Caryn, due to their partner status, probably are getting a paycheck under the stipulation that they are part of the family. TLC is not dropping checks to everyone who makes more than one appearance on this show. Mike didn't get paid for the show and he was much more of a regular than Deb (rarely in episodes) or Lisa (more often than Deb but still not exactly every episode. 

• Useful 1

Lisa and Deb both benefit from their relationship with Amy…

Deb said how her followers increased substantially and Lisa is Amy’s business partner.. she’s not doing that for FREE

even her 2 “fan club” stooges have gone on about all the followers they have now

its all about followers for people who are trying to be influencers and get free stuff

• Love 9
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

but it's considered a TV show, and the cast would have to be compensated. 

It really isn't considered a regular TV show.  People may appear for whatever reason they choose and many are not compensated.  

6 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

She was laughing about it with Lisa in one of her instagram live videos like it was a pet name or joke within her family, definitely not upset. 🤷‍♀️

She said they called her "runty raisin" 

Not sure if she explained why but I figured she must have been wrinkled up like a raisin as a baby or something.

Our first was a bit of a raisin  😂

• LOL 3
19 minutes ago, Munchkin said:

She said they called her "runty raisin" 

Not sure if she explained why but I figured she must have been wrinkled up like a raisin as a baby or something.

Our first was a bit of a raisin  😂

0hhhh yes… you’re right! 🤗
I forgot the “raisin” reference but yes it was “runty raisin” and I don’t recall an explanation, as you said it was probably when she was a baby or toddler.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

The couples!

that's easy there won't be any. Just chris and her sorry ass.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Runty raisin, way to go giving your dwarf child a shitty nickname.  That would be like Z&T calling Lilah  Little bitty 4 eyes.  I think Amy's parents were jackasses.  

Edited by LucyEth
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, stoppro said:

that's easy there won't be any. Just chris and her sorry ass.

Lisa and Deb put up with Amy now because it benefits them!  Once they no longer benefit Amy can kiss them goodbye. 

Lisa isn’t putting up with Amy and her rudeness for free. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Her instagram post about the latest pre wedding celebration had mostly complimentary posts, but one person suggested she change her hair and another said she should get a facial and deep moisturizing.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6

Thanks to all that posted the video.  I don’t think I’ve laughed so hard in my life with Amy trying to figure out if the IG Live was still going.  Lisa and Deb in the back trying to tell Amy to step back; Amy ignoring them. 😂 Amy saying let’s move over then completely cuts the other two out of the shot.  AMY IS NOT DRUNK! Deb is single and ready to mingle! Random people walking by asking Amy questions, while Amy is still determining if she ended the video.  Oh brothers!! 🤣

6DC25A7D-D0DD-4D0A-9475-229B08A96E8E.thumb.jpeg.7c90cb38b91c9659d91b591c9e2b8dc0.jpeg

At least she wrote,” Oh brother” in the comments!  Although I’m not sure what a pre girlfriend get together is 😂

• LOL 8

I realize that this wedding had to be a big deal for television, and it had to be held at the farm for television, but it didn't have to be this silly.  She could have had a simple but elegant affair perfect for a mature couple or she could have had a casual event that would have pleased Chris.  But this whole-nine-yards teenage fantasy is ridiculous...especially since she already had that with her first marriage.

• Love 14

So per the video Amy took food for the room!  I'm guessing the three meals a day plus drinks needed the Amy boost of Chicken Salad, Cheese and Grapes plus whatever else she loaded up on!

Most brides try to lose a pound of two before the big day but Amy just rolls along!

Regarding the comments on her Instagram video posting Amy has most of them removed pronto!

I'm kind of surprised her daughter's in law and daughter, Molly, aren't involved.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

So per the video Amy took food for the room!  I'm guessing the three meals a day plus drinks needed the Amy boost of Chicken Salad, Cheese and Grapes plus whatever else she loaded up on!

Most brides try to lose a pound of two before the big day but Amy just rolls along!

Regarding the comments on her Instagram video posting Amy has most of them removed pronto!

I'm kind of surprised her daughter's in law and daughter, Molly, aren't involved.

She sure looks shit faced.and no class at all.The perfect bride.Chris is a horse's ass for even considering doing this  money or no.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, Absolom said:

It really isn't considered a regular TV show.  People may appear for whatever reason they choose and many are not compensated.  

Many years ago, I had a non-speaking part on a commercial for the company where I worked.  In order for there to be a contract, there has to be consideration.  Each participant/employee was paid $1, and the advertising company that filmed the show had us sign a release/contract that - among other things - allowed them to edit the sequence of the filming and, if they wished, to leave the shots of any of us on the cutting room floor.

Deb and Lisa are probably paid more than $1, but I suspect there is a similar contract that allows the production company to do pretty much whatever they want to do with their appearances on the show.  If Amy were generous, she'd insist they be paid an adequate amount.  From what we've seen of Amy's frugal nature, they will be offered bare minimum, and Amy will be asking for a pay raise.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

It is known fact that many people on reality TV are not compensated or the compensation is "in kind."  Remember those baby birth shows TLC used to have on?  They received a tape of the birth and a sort of sketchy gift basket.  That was it.  There is no requirement to pay the participants in reality TV.  For some of them having their face on TV is recompense enough.

Appearing on reality TV does not require a contract.  They can simply sign an appearance waiver.

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 3
4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Remember that boatload of food she loaded into the RV with Chris looking on aghast?  The chicken salad and grapes must've been lest she grow faint from hunger on the one-hour car ride to the coast!  No wonder Deb was a nervous backseat driver if Amy was stuffing her face while zooming around the curves.

(As an aside, I can't even imagine living one hour from the ocean and NEVER going there; great locations are wasted on the wrong people!)

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Absolom said:

It is known fact that many people on reality TV are not compensated or the compensation is "in kind."  Remember those baby birth shows TLC used to have on?  They received a tape of the birth and a sort of sketchy gift basket.

The baby birth shows were a one-time appearance; not quite the same as being a (nearly) weekly regular on an established show.  What then was the problem with Hate Gosselin's brother and SIL appearing if all they earned was $2 or "in kind"???

• Love 2