Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

They appeared for many, many episodes without compensation.  Kate threw a fit when TLC offered to pay them after a year or more.  TLC wasn't obliged to make the offer, but neither were Kate's brother and SIL obliged to appear.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

(As an aside, I can't even imagine living one hour from the ocean and NEVER going there; great locations are wasted on the wrong people!)

It can be perplexing, but I’ve lived in two states (NY and PA), and haven’t been to many places tourists would bombard.

It took a school trip, (many moons ago) for me to see the Statue of Liberty, and Ellis Island, as an example.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Absolom said:

They appeared for many, many episodes without compensation.  Kate threw a fit when TLC offered to pay them after a year or more.  TLC wasn't obliged to make the offer, but neither were Kate's brother and SIL obliged to appear.

So we have no way of knowing if Lisa and/or Deb have been tendered a similar offer by TLC (or they're working for Amy in some capacity).  That is, unless anyone here has insider information...

3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It can be perplexing, but I’ve lived in two states (NY and PA), and haven’t been to many places tourists would bombard.

I think that's true of all of us, to some extent, in our home states, but water babies couldn't stay away from the sea if it were that close; it's not just another "tourist attraction."

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

So we have no way of knowing if Lisa and/or Deb have been tendered a similar offer by TLC (or they're working for Amy in some capacity).  That is, unless anyone here has insider information...

Exactly.  We aren't privy to the show's contracts so it's all speculation.  Fun maybe, but unless one of them spills the tea, just our opinions.  

6 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

I think that's true of all of us, to some extent, in our home states, but water babies couldn't stay away from the sea if it were that close; it's not just another "tourist attraction."

I live less than 30 minutes from the beach.  I haven't been except with my children in probably 20 years.  I like to look at the ocean driving on the freeway, but I hate the parking situation especially in good weather.   Amy seems to have made several beach trips over the years that were on the show. 

• Love 1

I’m guessing the ladies are being paid. The Kate G happened a long time ago and things change every year. 

No way would Lisa put up with Amy for free!

Deb might not make much with her infrequent appearance but she is enjoying a weekend at the beach with all that entails. Plus she was hostess for the bridal shower. Paychecks for those filming days.

I’m going to pay close attention to commercials. They pay the bills!

• Love 2

Because Kate's brother etc weren't being paid and wanted to be paid for appearing constantly. That's why they got the boot. They were asking to get paid. Frankly Deb and Lisa aren't on the show often enough to go beyond signing an appearance waiver.

As for Amy wanting food, hey you know what? It ain't my A1C that gets affected. Eating isn't a crime.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Oh and there has been tea spilled, the various friends of the kids who put in a lot of time on the show were not paid, and had to sign appearance waivers to hang out for filming. 

I don't think minors are paid, in any event; even if part of the show's family/cast.

Regardless if TLC is paying the two besties, I wouldn't put it past Amy to put folks on her personal payroll (we know Lisa's there or has been) or at least bribe them with parties, perks, outings, and being on tee-vee and "famous" just so she doesn't look friendless and pathetic as she did for a short while after Matt left.  Those heavy-set, menopausal church ladies she had to tea once aren't the same cool singles she hung out with shortly thereafter.  Just the meals out would make it worthwhile.  Deb is single and ready to mingle; nationwide exposure can't hurt!

• Love 5

Some of the "kids" were well into their twenties when on the show.

Mike wasn't paid. Pop and Honey weren't paid to where they left the show, much like the Gosselin situation. All the tea indicates minor players get no cash.

As for Amy directly paying her pals, seems a little convoluted to me. Plus isn't she supposed to be super cheap?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Plus isn't she supposed to be super cheap?

Not when it comes to the farmer's market and cheese!  We all have our priorities; food is obviously one of Amy's.  Her pride/image/looking more popular than Matt may be another one.

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

How can anything be stated as being factual, regarding contracts, and who gets paid or not?

It can't.  Again, unless someone here has insider information...

• Love 5

Again, some of the friends of the kids in years past have described things. I mean, they could be lying but since its also consistent with TLC policy on other shows.    

Pop and Honey were pretty vocal at the time about no longer being on the show because they wanted to be paid and got a no.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Link to the Pop and Honey article?

They weren't on there enough to merit a paycheck and I'm sure didn't need the money!

According to this article on goodhousekeeping.com, they no longer appear regularly because they live in California.

"The great-grandparents hinted that perhaps distance had been the reason why they have not appeared on the show as much, since they live in California and most of the Roloff family are in Oregon."

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

According to this article on goodhousekeeping.com, they no longer appear regularly because they live in California.

"The great-grandparents hinted that perhaps distance had been the reason why they have not appeared on the show as much, since they live in California and most of the Roloff family are in Oregon."

That's how I remember it...and that makes a lot more sense.  They were never what I would call "regulars" anyway.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

(As an aside, I can't even imagine living one hour from the ocean and NEVER going there; great locations are wasted on the wrong people!)

I agree and especially during the summer.  Maybe it was to cool off after their first pre-wedding trip to Palm Springs at the hottest time of the year.

It was a while ago  when they abruptly stopped doing pumpkin season.. Peg even posted on line about it because she was mad in part that the prior farm manager Becky was also unkind to her and Matt didn't seem to care. If you don't wish to look it up or take my word, don't. But unless people here have insider knowledge there's no way for anyone to state Deb and Lisa MUST be getting a check to be Amy's friends on camera. 

AzChristian you may want to do a rewatch, pop and honey were on the show pretty constantly in the early seasons. More than Lisa and Deb in this season. 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I live 20 minutes from the beach. I don’t ever go because I can’t swim. 

Not even to walk on the beach?  I think a beach stroll is such a lovely way to get exercise with the waves gently slapping against your feet.  Wish I didn't live so far from the ocean.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I'm not sure what someone "being unkind" to Honey has to do with Matt's parents - already old and financially established - demanding payment to appear with their family on the show, which seems pretty unlikely to me.  Is there any evidence that they did?

Moving hundreds of miles away would also be a feasible explanation for being seen less frequently!

Just now, DonnaMae said:

Not even to walk on the beach?  I think a beach stroll is such a lovely way to get exercise with the waves gently slapping against your feet.  Wish I didn't live so far from the ocean.

I can't swim, either, but could happily spend all day at the beach!  Too bad we can't switch places...

• Love 2

Amy's two lady friends sure do dedicate a lot of their personal time to her and her needs. Don't they work or have things they need to take care of in their own lives? How can they continually travel, eat out, go out with Amy and afford this? Like I said, it's a lot of time to dedicate to a friend. I don't see Amy reciprocating HER time to THEIR needs within their own lives. This is why I think they are paid something from someone to constantly appear either in her videos and tv show. They are part of the cast of characters!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

demanding payment to appear with their family on the show, which seems pretty unlikely to me.  Is there any evidence that they did?

Moving hundreds of miles away would also be a feasible explanation for being seen less frequently!

Nope… Not that I’ve seen 

and yes moving hundreds of miles away seems like an obvious reason for not appearing as regularly as when they lived nearby 👍🏻

• Love 4

My problem with Amy and her "friends" is that their relationships seem so one-sided. They seem to be simply there as props for her. It's always, always about Amy and they seem like a couple of doormats just waiting for her to point to where on the floor they should lie down. Of course, I don't follow any of them outside of the show, so maybe there is a more balanced friendship on the outside, but on the show, it just seems very fake. 

• Love 11

Hey, sorry it happened in 2008 or so and you missed it. ;)  I'm cool if you don't want to believe  because the tlc forums and spirits wander blog where it was discussed at the time are now down but at last check, despite all the insisting there's no evidence or links showing:

1. Deb and Lisa get paychecks from TLC 

2. Deb and Lisa are payed by Amy.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

My problem with Amy and her "friends" is that their relationships seem so one-sided. They seem to be simply there as props for her. It's always, always about Amy and they seem like a couple of doormats just waiting for her to point to where on the floor they should lie down. Of course, I don't follow any of them outside of the show, so maybe there is a more balanced friendship on the outside, but on the show, it just seems very fake. 

That and the times Lisa or even Deb will pipe up with something that makes it sound like they're TLC employees trying to keep Amy on track (such as Lisa with her discussion checklist during the lives) or from spilling something (such as when they both tried to stop her from revealing that they were filming) or maybe they're there just to keep her from getting too drunk and embarrassing herself!

At any rate, no actual friend lets it be all about only one of them for no reason.

• Love 7
(edited)

It is my opinion that if anyone has the opinion someone on the show is, or is not being paid, that’s ok. The only evidence required for an opinion, is the opinion itself.

edited to add: in stating something as fact, the above doesn’t apply.

Edited by ginger90
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

Oh, wow, looking at that photo with the bride sash and crown, this is really ridiculous. A woman Amy's age who has been married with 4 children for 30 years should be planning an ADULTS second wedding. No matter the Chris hasn't ever been married. He, too, is a 50something grown up man. Ms. Amy does not need a flower girl and ring bearer. All of this "bride hoopla" is silly at this point. A first time younger bride, as far as I know, has ONE bachelorette party...not many "get away girlie pre-wedding trips" as Amy has had. I also noticed that Amy has not lost any weight for her wedding. I'm still shaking my head that Chris is marrying her. He is in for the ride of his life with her and her stubborn, sloppy attitudes. I hope it really works out for them but I do not see an easy time for Chris. He makes his dissatisfaction with Amy known in that 'calm, quiet manner' that I think will annoy Amy more than coming right out and 'having it out'.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14

Jackson fell and could have really have busted up his face and Ember might have been tripping down the stairs in her dress(if that's the real dress). I can only imagine Amy's reactions to both of these IG posts. And, I have to admit that I'm taking a certain kind of glee if we really did get to see Ember's dress before Princess Amy's royal wedding given Amy's habit of spilling the news of other family members before they get a chance to announce things themselves. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

A woman Amy's age who has been married with 4 children for 30 years should be planning an ADULTS second wedding.

Because it makes more sense for a pregnant 19 year old to spend this kind of money? Why can't someone have the wedding they want if they have the money? What's the cut off age where you are WRONG and MUST have an ADULTS aka less fancy or expensive wedding?

Ms. Amy does not need a flower girl and ring bearer.

Matt doesn't need a granpa cabin, a SECOND dream house mcmansion, or two restored VW bugs he can't even drive anymore but its his money. Amy wants a ring bearer and a flower girl. These aren't ridiculous requests at a wedding. She's not required to stick to needs only if she can afford it. And she can. 

I also noticed that Amy has not lost any weight for her wedding.

How much weight was she required to lose? Only thin brides can have the wedding they want? Is this a new etiquette rule, no fatty fatty boom ba latties can have fancy weddings?

1 hour ago, Fostersmom said:

Jackson fell and could have really have busted up his face and Ember might have been tripping down the stairs in her dress(if that's the real dress).

I mean, I know there's lots of folks hoping this wedding has some hideous fail but I'm just not ready to delight in the idea that a small child might get hurt and ruin things. 

Its just a fancy wedding. Its not something I would want but its Amy's want and wish and I don't have to pay for it. She's not too divorced, too old, too fat, or too ugly to have the wedding she wants. While I personally would crawl in a rock and die if forced to get married like this, you know what? I am sure Amy knows what she looks like and good for her, not listening to everyone crying and moaning how she's too fat, old, not virginal, and ugly to have the wedding she wants. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

Oh, wow, looking at that photo with the bride sash andI hope it really works out for them but I do not see an easy time for Chris. He makes his dissatisfaction with Amy known in that 'calm, quiet manner' that I think will annoy Amy more than coming right out and 'having it out'.

This is such a good point!  I don't know that Matt ever had a knock-down, drag-out fight with Amy, but he was always vocal and direct.  Amy is combative and confrontational.  Chris's calm, quiet, polite, but effectively passive-aggressive way of dealing with her - or retaliating against her controlling nature - is going to drive Amy absolutely bonkers.  I'm there for it!

Edited by all4mom2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, all4mom2 said:

"Are you kidding me?  Are you KIDDING me???"

"Can you believe it???"

Why is Amy so gob-smacked and flabbergasted that she's getting married?

Because she spent her childhood hearing how she would never marry because no one will love a dwarf woman? Just a guess there. Because dwarfs in general hear a lot of "you're too ugly and fat, there's something wrong with you" in regards to finding partners?

Because she's probably joyous over the idea that despite being divorced, which a lot of people have internal issues over, she's going to be married again?

Amy was pretty clearly raised to believe a woman's role was to be a wife and mother, which is a major reason why she was so devastated by her divorce. By getting married again, she's subconciously reclaiming her woman power.

• Love 4

So victim Amy again?

Cool.  But she's had like six years to get used to the idea (I'm sure remarriage was her goal the minute she laid eyes on Chris and likely before she ever met anyone).

Enough with the "Golly gee whiz!" already.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

So victim Amy again?

It's easy to dismiss what you haven't experienced, I have found. 

Enough with the "Golly gee whiz!" already.

She's allowed to express her joy. How it is that she's happy to get married and expresses it by saying she's still surprised she could be loved enough to marry.

I mean, what's the right way for her to express it? Where no one complains? 

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I mean, I know there's lots of folks hoping this wedding has some hideous fail but I'm just not ready to delight in the idea that a small child might get hurt and ruin things. 

DO NOT imply I'm hoping a small chid gets hurt! I know you feel the need to defend Amy in all things, but I NEVER even implied any sort of happiness for a child to be hurt. I was however implying how Amy would potentially react if Jackson had a scab on his face or Ember tore her dress before MeMe's (spelling intended) big fabulous royal wedding. While I'm sure she'd be happy neither of them were hurt, I can also see her complaining about the timing of the skatepark fall and the practice of walking down a flight of steps (which I also question.... are there stairs involved in the wedding that we don't know about? Why have Ember walk down stairs in a floor length dress, any floor length dress if there's not? I'm 44 and would be tripping my way down, she's like 5 years old).

• Love 17
20 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

It's easy to dismiss what you haven't experienced, I have found. 

How do you know I haven't?  

8 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

DO NOT imply I'm hoping a small chid gets hurt! I know you feel the need to defend Amy in all things, but I NEVER even implied any sort of happiness for a child to be hurt. 

It reminds me of that segment on the old 60 Minutes show, "Point-Counterpoint."

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

How do you know I haven't?  

If you have, then I am surprised you'd be so dismissive of another's pain.  Feel free to expand if you wish, understanding I am not asking you to share your private experiences. 

15 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

DO NOT imply I'm hoping a small chid gets hurt! I know you feel the need to defend Amy in all things, but I NEVER even implied any sort of happiness for a child to be hurt. I was however implying how Amy would potentially react if Jackson had a scab on his face or Ember tore her dress before MeMe's (spelling intended) big fabulous royal wedding. While I'm sure she'd be happy neither of them were hurt, I can also see her complaining about the timing of the skatepark fall and the practice of walking down a flight of steps (which I also question.... are there stairs involved in the wedding that we don't know about?

It's less about defending Amy in all things (I've often called her bitchy and stupid, and pretty sure I am on record that I would not be married this way), and more that I don't think children should be illwished in order to upset Amy so that people can complain about her reaction. If it's about upsetting Amy, then wish that the wedding barn burns down - that would certainly ruin things. Leave the kids getting injured out of it. 

There's no stairs involved on the wedding walk so I assume the photo was one of the standard Auj and Jer safety fails. 

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Because it makes more sense for a pregnant 19 year old to spend this kind of money? Why can't someone have the wedding they want if they have the money? What's the cut off age where you are WRONG and MUST have an ADULTS aka less fancy or expensive wedding?

These are all just opinions, and speaking for myself, this wedding, or more to the point, AMY’s wedding and the planning of it, has turned into an overblown, self-indulgent, obnoxious spectacle. And seeing how her friends have to constantly celebrate, pre-celebrate, re-celebrate her is pathetic. Had all of this been done in a more toned-down fashion, I don't think anyone would have really cared that much. And I will always have in the back of my head that Chris just wanted something simple and comfortable, with a smaller crowd. But no, because what Amy wants, Amy gets. And I personally don't believe that her agreeing to the farm venue was a compromise or a sacrifice on her part, because we all know it was for the show. If Amy wasn’t cashing in on it somehow, they wouldn’t be getting married there. But like I said, it’s just opinions.

Edited by Teri313
  • Love 15
37 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Maybe if she weren't doing so many "girl trips" at such a busy time, things wouldn't need to be done in a whirlwind at the last minute.  Why create a "crunch time" if it's not necessary?

"Drama Queen for a Day."

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, EllaWycliffe said:

If you have, then I am surprised you'd be so dismissive of another's pain.  Feel free to expand if you wish, understanding I am not asking you to share your private experiences. 

I'm not saying that I have or I haven't...  Simply that you have no idea either way, so please don't make assumptions.  I also don't appreciate being called "dismissive."  We've heard all about Amy's supposedly traumatic childhood when one boy picked on her until her brother put a stop to it (this is her victim story designed to rationalize her anger management problem), yet Matt is not supposed to "whine about" the cumulative years he spent flat on his back (or front) alone a hospital bed as a small child to say nothing - because he's said nothing - of the bullying and discrimination HE no doubt endured, yet has never found necessary to use an an excuse for character flaws as a middle-aged adult.  Finally, whatever experiences I may or may not have had would certainly not be "shared" here because that would be totally off-topic. 

Back to our regularly scheduled programming!

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Matt is not supposed to "whine about" the cumulative years he spent flat on his back (or front) alone a hospital bed as a child to say nothing - because he's said nothing - of the bullying and discrimination HE no doubt endured, yet has never found necessarily to use an an excuse for character flaws as a middle-aged adult. 

All roads lead to Matt? ;) 

I'll respond in the Matt thread.

• Love 1

Amy said we would see the wedding in a couple of months, I am sure that was an estimate on her part.  I know pictures will be posted on social media and we will get a sneak preview.  It will definitely be in People Magazine.  Can't wait!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1