Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

I would guess that Amy's remark about a new oven not being in her budget is an attempt to get a manufacturer to send her one for free in return for "product placement" in her cookery videos. Well, maybe I should re-phrase that - her "I'm pretending I can cook" videos

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, gerry said:

I would guess that Amy's remark about a new oven not being in her budget is an attempt to get a manufacturer to send her one for free in return for "product placement" in her cookery videos. Well, maybe I should re-phrase that - her "I'm pretending I can cook" videos

She would be better served shilling for a line of stomach pumps.What a pig!

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
7 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Has Amy mentioned any dwarf related health problems she suffered from?  

She mentioned some sort of intestinal problem, but I don't know if it's related to being a LP. But she does seem to be pretty healthy and active. 

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

She mentioned some sort of intestinal problem, but I don't know if it's related to being a LP. But she does seem to be pretty healthy and active. 

Probably related to her greasy, fat infested meals. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
27 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Probably related to her greasy, fat infested meals. 

No, she's had ulcerative colitis, which is an autoimmune disorder, since she was a child. It isn't a disease anyone can blame her for doing something wrong to get.  And, it has nothing to do with being an LP.

Edited by readheaded
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
(edited)
20 minutes ago, readheaded said:

No, she's had ulcerative colitis, which is an autoimmune disorder, since she was a child. It isn't a disease anyone can blame her for doing something wrong to get.  And, it has nothing to do with being an LP.

Not blaming her medical issues on her LP status nor blaming her for getting it from her past food choices.

Spoiler

However she apparently knows she has UC and still  eats very unhealthy foods and many of them are listed on the "foods to avoid" if you have ulcerative colitis. 

Thanks for the info though. 

ETA: No idea how the "spoiler alert" message got in my post. Can't delete it.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 7
On 7/8/2022 at 5:49 PM, Redrum said:

Yeah thats seven minutes of nothing :) fun video tho, thanks endora!

Yeah, I thought people might enjoy a bloggers take, thought it was interesting and funny!

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Not blaming her medical issues on her LP status nor blaming her for getting it from her past food choices.

Hide contents

However she apparently knows she has UC and still  eats very unhealthy foods and many of them are listed on the "foods to avoid" if you have ulcerative colitis. 

Thanks for the info though. 

ETA: No idea how the "spoiler alert" message got in my post. Can't delete it.

The post you replied to asked if her stomach issues were LP related.

Food choices are very individual for people with IBD. What bothers one person, may not bother another. Some people, like my sons, aren't bothered by any foods when they're in remission and food doesn't trigger their flares. She knows better than anyone what her particular food limits are, which may not include anything on a list on the internet.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

I thought I read somewhere that Amy has a colostomy bag, is that not the case?

I think in a previous discussion it was mentioned as a possibility, not as fact.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
30 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

Is there any other surgery that would "cure" colitis? I think not.

I agree. I think she was pretty clear in the book that it was a colostomy. That said, I have also heard that (and I don't pretend to be an expert, just going by internet articles) that surgery doesn't necessarily mean a permanent colostomy. Based on what was described in the book, it seems likely at least for a while. There was definitely surgery.

She may have originally had an ostomy bag, and then a procedure to reverse it. Then she’d just “go” normally.

I didn’t read her book, I have no idea what terminology she used. What would make it clear if she didn’t straight out say it? Did she say ileostomy, colostomy, anything?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

She said she had to wear a device after the surgery that changed how her body was viewed by others and altered her lifestyle. Based on the diagnosis of ulcerative colitis and that surgery was done.... sounds like some sort of "crap in a bag" situation for a time. 

24 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

If she had colitis, I would think she'd be more careful with what she eats and not stuff herself.  

Once the surgery is done, the problem is resolved. No special diet afterwards. (Aside from like immediately post surgery)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

If she had colitis, I would think she'd be more careful with what she eats and not stuff herself.  

Why? As mentioned above, food doesn't necessarily cause a problem for people with IBD. It just depends on the person. I'm sure she knows what she can and can't eat.

• LOL 1

I haven't read Amy's memoir and don't plan to, but I take everything Amy says - verbally or in print - with a large grain of salt and a pinch of garlic powder.  She's definitely not above prevaricating and creating false impressions with vague statements, from what I've seen over the years, so "a text that isn't appropriate between coworkers" isn't proof of a physical affair in my view, for instance.

As for her digestive issues, I well remember the trip to Michigan with Chris during which there seems to be a concerted effort including her brother to convince him that her anger management issues stemmed from a lifetime of being bullied.  She at that time claimed to have gotten a stomach ulcer from the stress of it all; there was no mention of ulcerative colitis (an entirely different disorder), a surgery, a device, etc., and it wouldn't have been like Amy to leave pity points on the table.  

It worked, BTW; Chris was shocked and sympathetic and forgave Amy her bad temper and rageful outbursts which had looked like they might derail the budding relationship shortly before this.  It was surprising that even Zach was shocked to hear that Amy was bullied as a child.  Really?  She wouldn't have shared that with him???  I, for one, find that hard to believe had it really happened.  Maybe that one guy picked on her, but I wouldn't put it past Amy to exaggerate it for effect.

As for currently wearing an ostomy bag, she's worn very tight two-piece swimsuits since meeting Chris, so I doubt it.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2
On 7/7/2022 at 8:43 PM, Irate Panda said:

I can’t wait for some of these questions 😂 Wish I still had IG

1. Did you run out of perfume on the trip?

2. What’s that crown hanging off your bed post all about?

3. Why do you have black pepper on your night stand?

4. Who do you love the most: Chris, selfies, or garlic?

5. Who does Chris love most: you, Matt, or the Farm? (The correct answer is Henry!)

* Seriously though, I do wonder what people would ask…maybe about the farm sale or recipe questions.

Sounds like the questions she's soliciting are strictly Grandma-related.  She's loving every minute of this Grandma thing, but is Chris?  Yes, that's "normal," but her main pleasure, I have a sneaking suspicion, is rubbing Matt's and "Chi-Chi's" faces in it...

Amy and Zach are two spiteful, vengeful little bookends with a common enemy.

On 7/9/2022 at 12:28 AM, Phoebe70 said:

Are all Amy’s cooking shows as boring as the Tex Mex casserole one that I just watched? Actually, I only watched 4.5 minutes of the 35 minute video before getting bored and turning it off. I like Amy, but she seemed so awkward, nervous and unprepared. Just rambled on and repeated herself. I don’t think a cooking show for her is the way to go. The casserole sounded gross and very unhealthy. 6 tbsp butter, a cup of cream and a crapload of cheese. Instead of having all the ingredients and utensils handy, she’d walk off camera to get something she forgot. It’s like she was just winging it. 

Yes, they're all that boring.  Or that entertaining, depending on your perspective.

• Sad 2
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1
(edited)
On 7/10/2022 at 3:56 PM, ginger90 said:

462B4AE3-65DB-4FFA-B940-AC5D22D9703B.jpeg

6B96EA3C-92B2-4F6B-A1D9-4E29DEC33735.jpeg

That looks like one hot mess, even by Amy's standards. That's a "garden"?  Let's just hope this isn't the area of homemaking or homesteading she ventures into into next in her quest to be Martha Stewart.

Edited by Dibs
  • LOL 6
5 minutes ago, Dibs said:

I haven't read Amy's memoir and don't plan to, but I take everything Amy says - verbally or in print - with a large grain of salt and a pinch of garlic powder.  She's definitely not above prevaricating and creating false impressions with vague statements, from what I've seen over the years, so "a text that isn't appropriate between coworkers" isn't proof of a physical affair in my view, for instance.

As for her digestive issues, I well remember the trip to Michigan with Chris during which there seems to be a concerted effort including her brother to convince him that her anger management issues stemmed from a lifetime of being bullied.  She at that time claimed to have gotten a stomach ulcer from the stress of it all; there was no mention of ulcerative colitis (an entirely different disorder), a surgery, a device, etc., and it wouldn't have been like Amy to leave pity points on the table.  

It worked, BTW; Chris was shocked and sympathetic and forgave Amy her bad temper and rageful outbursts which had looked like they might derail the budding relationship shortly before this.  It was surprising that even Zach was shocked to hear that Amy was bullied as a child.  Really?  She wouldn't have shared that with him???  I, for one, find that hard to believe had it really happened.  Maybe that one guy picked on her, but I wouldn't put it past Amy to exaggerate it for effect.

As for currently wearing an ostomy bag, she's worn very tight two-piece swimsuits since meeting Chris, so I doubt it.

I think it was during the same trip to Michigan that Amy claimed one of Chris’s friends had picked her up like a child, Chris was shocked because he was there when it supposedly happened and never saw anything like that.

meanwhile Zach was outraged and Amy sat there enjoying the pity party 

she was in full victim mode during that entire trip.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
1 minute ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think it was during the same trip to Michigan that Amy claimed one of Chris’s friends had picked her up like a child, Chris was shocked because he was there when it supposedly happened and never saw anything like that.

Like Little Bulldozer with anger management issues would let someone pick her up against her will and not say anything at the time?  Right, Amy; pull the other one!  Lucky for her good-natured Chris is such a credulous dumb-bunny pushover...

Edited by Dibs
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Dibs said:

Like Little Bulldozer with anger management issues would let someone pick her up and not say anything at the time?  Right, Amy; pull the other one!

I thought it was suspicious because Chris looked shocked and said something like “Someone I KNOW!?!?”….. Amy said yes but wouldn’t say who the person was. 🙄

• Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I thought it was suspicious because Chris looked shocked and said something like “Someone I KNOW!?!?”….. Amy said yes but wouldn’t say who the person was. 🙄

Oh, brothers! 😂

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/12/2022 at 11:51 AM, Joan of Argh said:

That story sounded like BS made up to add more drama to the story line of that episode "oh poor pitiful Amy bullied as a child and disrespected as an adult she's had the hardest life ever but has risen above it all to conquer the world!"  🙄 

I can't believe that Amy who has no problem hollering "Blow it out your ASS!" or chasing a building inspector to his car and sitting on top of him in his vehicle let an adult pick her up at a dinner party like a child and she didn't do or say anything, no one noticed and she never took Chris aside and told him about it.... he was hearing about this supposed incident for the first time during the Amy pity party several months or years later and he had absolutely no idea it happened and couldn't believe one of his friends would do that.... of course she never said "who" it was not even a first name and she never leaned over to Chris and whispered who it was, that part was just ignored.

She's full of it, she's never cared about making a scene and embarrassing herself, her family or her guests but she did nothing when this happened??

marcia-sure-jan.gif

Edited by Dustbunny
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 7/10/2022 at 8:27 AM, Redrum said:

I agree. I think she was pretty clear in the book that it was a colostomy. That said, I have also heard that (and I don't pretend to be an expert, just going by internet articles) that surgery doesn't necessarily mean a permanent colostomy. Based on what was described in the book, it seems likely at least for a while. There was definitely surgery.

Yes the surgeon’s remove part of area of problem intestine  and a temporary colostomy bag while it heals then intestine connected again. My son had his whole large intestine removed and had temporary colostomy bag then surgeon went back in created a new bowel/  internal pocket. Misdiagnosed Crohn’s. It’s been years but I saw his scar the other day which is belly button up to nipple level.   Depending on severity some surgeries are relatively simple.  

• Useful 2
5 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think it was during the same trip to Michigan that Amy claimed one of Chris’s friends had picked her up like a child,

LOL....I have my doubts about this. Amy might be short but she isn't built like I child. It would take a pretty good effort to pick up Amy like a child.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Watching other LP, there does seem to be a thing with “strangers”/people picking up LP, so I could believe it happened, but I’m surprised Amy never mentioned it to Chris. I could even see if she didn’t tell him early in their relationship if that’s when it happened, but figured she would have mentioned to him later on. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, b4pjoe said:

LOL....I have my doubts about this. Amy might be short but she isn't built like I child. It would take a pretty good effort to pick up Amy like a child.

I can’t tell how much she weighs….probably not too much though.  I think Zach weighed about 120 when he was wrestling, right?  

I love to be picked up.  I recall when my boyfriends would pick me up in a playful way or dancing….I loved it!  I guess a little person would have a different perspective on it, though.   I can understand that.  

• Love 1
(edited)
22 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I can’t tell how much she weighs….probably not too much though.  I think Zach weighed about 120 when he was wrestling, right?  

I love to be picked up.  I recall when my boyfriends would pick me up in a playful way or dancing….I loved it!  I guess a little person would have a different perspective on it, though.   I can understand that.  

I think on her Noom app she posted she weighed 122lbs at around 4’2”.  I just got weighed at the doctor’s today and I was 115 at around 5’5”, so I would guess she’s overweight as a LP, but if you are a bigger guy she could be lifted up.  I would be angry if somebody I didn’t know was trying to grab me, but I am surprised she never mentioned to Chris and I guess she never said anything to the person, but I was basing that on her darn near bodychecking the county inspector, but maybe she was embarrassed if this person was Chris’ friend. 

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Useful 2

Folks,

First, let's back off on the body shaming.  You can comment that you do not believe Amy's story that someone picked her up without it.  

Second, the definition of the term "built like a brick shithouse":

To be built like a brick shithouse, said of a man, means to be very solidly built and muscular. When a woman is said to be built like a brick shithouse, it means she has a very shapely figure.

Let's stop using this phrase as an insult.  Posts have been removed. 

• Thanks 3
  • Applause 1
22 hours ago, b4pjoe said:

I agree, she's full of shit

There's no way some guy at a dinner party picked her up like a child, no one noticed including Chris and Amy just let herself be picked up, didn't make a fuss or say anything and didn't even tell Chris about it.

She's never held back in the past, she's more than happy to holler obscenities in front of guests and bulldoze past full grown men, barge into their vehicle and sit on top of them but this time we're supposed to believe she shyly said nothing and suffered in silence? GMAFB.... 🙄

She's also lying about wishing she had bought the place from Matt because she would have given it to Zach, she wouldn't even give Zach some crappy old cast off shit she was hoarding in her garage before moving, all she agreed to give him was broken stuff and some of it he was only allowed to "borrow" but now she would have given him the farm, please! 

She lies like a rug and Chris is starting to lie just like her.

• Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I agree.  Chris is apparently determined to back Amy up on any and every claim, however outlandish.  That's very surprising - and disturbing!  But I suppose self-preservation is a very powerful instinct.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

About the story she told on the trip to Michigan about the man following her home from school everyday and tormenting her, why was this allowed to continue?  Where was her father and why weren’t the authorities called?  That’s pretty dangerous for a little girl to be followed by an adult male.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Endora said:

About the story she told on the trip to Michigan about the man following her home from school everyday and tormenting her, why was this allowed to continue?  Where was her father and why weren’t the authorities called?  That’s pretty dangerous for a little girl to be followed by an adult male.  

ok I could be wrong, I wasn't listening that carefully but I thought the story was an older kid was following her and bullying her (someone her brothers age)

Her brother fought the kid and beat him up, I doubt her brother could have beat up an adult man.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

ok I could be wrong, I wasn't listening that carefully but I thought the story was an older kid was following her and bullying her (someone her brothers age)

It was a kid her age, and her brother, being younger, was praised for standing up for her. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

D2123D51-6A14-44F2-A305-E011D31A02C9.jpeg

After doing some filming with Lisa in downtown Hillsboro, did a little shopping and finished off with a drink at one of my favorite restaurants @pizzariopdx to celebrate friendship.  We don’t get together as much as we want, though we talk all the time, but when we do it’s an all day affair.  I’m glad she likes hanging out together 🎉😂🌸♥️. It was my first time going to the @topburmese restaurant in Hillsboro and it was amazing.  Here’s to friendship #girlfriends #localhangouts #hillsborooregon

• LOL 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

D2123D51-6A14-44F2-A305-E011D31A02C9.jpeg

After doing some filming with Lisa in downtown Hillsboro, did a little shopping and finished off with a drink at one of my favorite restaurants @pizzariopdx to celebrate friendship.  We don’t get together as much as we want, though we talk all the time, but when we do it’s an all day affair.  I’m glad she likes hanging out together 🎉😂🌸♥️. It was my first time going to the @topburmese restaurant in Hillsboro and it was amazing.  Here’s to friendship #girlfriends #localhangouts #hillsborooregon

You can tell Amy's been filming.  Her hair looks clean.  It's always so greasy looking in her selfies.

Still has the wonky eye liner.

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Completely different observation; something I only just realised and started thinking about: 

Amy divorced Matt, married another guy but chooses to still go by the name of her ex? Am I the only one finding this really awkward? Why the heck is Chris ok with that? 

She’s probably doing it to cling to the Roloff-fame status. But still…. Personally I find this choice very awkward and disrespectful to Chris to keep on using the name of an ex and thus not acknowledging him as her new husband.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Amy divorced Matt, married another guy but chooses to still go by the name of her ex.

10 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Am I the only one finding this really awkward? 

NO!! 

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Amy divorced Matt, married another guy but chooses to still go by the name of her ex? Am I the only one finding this really awkward? Why the heck is Chris ok with that? 

She’s probably doing it to cling to the Roloff-fame status. But still…. Personally I find this choice very awkward and disrespectful to Chris to keep on using the name of an ex and thus not acknowledging him as her new husband.

I'm not on TV or famous or infamous in any way and I did the same thing.  It was the name I was known by most of my life, it matched my kids, and I was comfortable with it.  No one has ever even asked me about it.  It's how they knew me and it didn't matter.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Amy divorced Matt, married another guy but chooses to still go by the name of her ex.

She's a TV "celebrity" and is known by that name, so I think that's just normal.  However, no one told that to Jennifer Lopez when she recently changed her name to Jennifer Affleck.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1