Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: The Hospies

• Start Topic

I absolutely adored seeing Johnny and Moira go full-on supportive parent with Stevie after her romantic crash-and-burn. It's a side we don't get to see often in the Roses, and it reminded me how far they've progressed since their own life-changing loss at the start of the series.

• Like 1
  • Love 21

This was an absolute cracker of an episode with real great character moments.

While I was a rather  put off by Patrick’s rude attitude towards Ronnie but then I thought, Patrick is always such a good nice guy it was good to see a different side to him that we have never seen before. 

Alexis’ 30 seconds one of the funniest things I’ve seen on this show. Loved it. Although was it just me or did Annie Murphy’s face look a bit different this episode. 

Loved the moments between Moria and Jonny with Stevie and especially the end scene. It was so sweet and topped off by Moria decreeing that she shouldn’t burden Stevie with another bottle of wine and taking it back with her. Perfect. 

Definitely my fav episode of the season. 

• Love 13

Alexis was on fire this week! Between driving Barbra Streisand's vocal coach out of the business entirely and her terrible Britney-esque song, I was totally cracking up. But Moira is right - Alexis definitely has a lot of confidence in her abilities.

I loved how Johnny was so excited to win that award and then immediately switched to "I'm kind of tired so maybe we should just head home" when he saw how heartbroken Stevie was. Awwww.

• Like 1
  • Love 22

I was sure Moira was setting things up to snatch the Sally Bowles role for herself, as she must feel she on a comeback trail after her crow movie, and that is why she was trying to steer Stevie from auditioning. Instead she was trying to spare her daughter. Add to that her concern for Stevie and it looks like her parental instincts have indeed awakened late in life (same for her husband).

Although she has not totally changed, as evidenced by her taking back the wine bottle undet the pretext of not burdening Stevie.

8 hours ago, GSManiac said:

Patrick is always such a good nice guy it was good to see a different side to him that we have never seen before. 

It's often his boyfriend who acts unthinkingly and ends up being rude, so it was a nice change of pace; it's completely believable since it has repeatedly been established how invested he is in the store and seeing it in such a state and not really open for business must have shocked him to the core.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 8

You can download A Little Bit Alexis from Apple Music, Spotify, etc... you're welcome.

Stevie's broken heart was hard to take. She's normally so tough and to see her veneer just crumbling rapidly was so sad. Good for Johnny for figuring it out and not being his usual obtuse self. Really sweet to see him protective of her like that.

• Like 1
  • Love 21

Thanks for the heads up about the song beings on Apple Music etc. It’s fantastic.

I loved how they even included an “ew David”.

Although I do wonder how Alexis planned on pulling off showing her full range in one of the verses when said verse required a lot of auto tune on the actual track. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Valerie said:

You can download A Little Bit Alexis from Apple Music, Spotify, etc...

The link in the second post above (which came from the Schitt's Creek Instagram account) offers links to the song on Apple, Spotify and Google Play. Or here: http://smarturl.it/alittlebitalexis

eta: Looks like they've updated it with Amazon, so there may be additional ones coming as well.

Edited by TheOtherOne

Why did Emir have to turn out to be a shit? Can't Stevie be allowed to be happy?

Johnny Rose was in full on dad mode tonight and I love him. I actually teared up. I hope he spilled some drinks on Emir when he went to fetch Stevie's bag.

Jocelyn (Jennifer Robertson) is, for me, possibly the greatest gift this show has given us. She is always a delight. And she holds her own with Moira.

• Like 1
  • Love 14

I actually thought Joselyn was channeling Moira a little bit at the hotel in the beginning of the episode minus the vocal affectation. The line and joke when she was congratulating Jonny on the hotel’s nomination despite her reservations sounded like the sort of thing Moria would say. 

• Love 2

This season is becoming all about Moira for me. It's is really showing her layers.  The writing and Catherine O'Hara's brilliant way of playing her is amazing and makes me happy!

National Lampoon's Vacation came on right after this episode - Eugene Levy sure looked different when he was younger! 

• Love 5
On 2/27/2019 at 9:51 AM, Florinaldo said:

Although she has not totally changed, as evidenced by her taking back the wine bottle undet the pretext of not burdening Stevie.

That was so perfect -- just that little comedy button there so we don't land with a thud into purely-saccharine. Keeping the heart and the comedy. A balance this show is keeping spectacularly.

• Love 12
(edited)

Moira kicking Jocelyn under the chair during Alexis's performance was beyond priceless.

That whole scene was hilarious.

I was really surprised by the whole Stevie/Amir break up. After the whole Jake thing, it was good to see someone who seemed to be legitimately into her. And she was into him too. 

The less Roland, the better.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, Florinaldo said:

He's the single truly grating element of the show.

I'm not a fan of Bob, but Rolland is in a league of his own. I almost didn't get past the first episode because of him.

• Love 10
On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 2:53 AM, cousin oliver said:

Oh great, now I've got 'A Little Bit Alexis' stuck in my head.

I'm a Lamborghini/I'm a Hollywood star/I'm a little bit tipsy/When I drive my car...

Me too.

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 3:31 PM, GSManiac said:

I think they missed a trick by not rhyming Lexus with Alexis. 

"Hide your diamonds, hide your exes" wasn't bad, I thought.

I could literally picture that song being played on the radio and not seeming out of place.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

A Little Bit Alexis honestly would have been a totally normal, readily expected song for that window of time during which Lindsay Lohan/Paris Hilton/Heidi Pratt were all trying to cross over into pop music. They captured that era perfectly.

• Love 10

OMG Alexis's song. At first I was just cringing from second-hand embarrassment, but by the time she got to the part with "I'm a little bit Alexis" I just lost it. Easily the funniest thing this show has ever done, hands down. Well, top 5 anyway. 

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA I'm a little bit Alexis.

• Love 5

I guess it's just me, but I didn't get why we were supposed to think Alexis's audition was bad! I mean, she's not a top-flight Broadway-caliber talent, but is anyone in the town of Schitt's Creek really going to be able to put over a number with the energy she did? While not having a great voice, she sang in tune, and while not being a great dancer, she moved acceptably. Clearly we were meant to cringe, but for that to work, she'd have had to be a lot more inept than she was. The song was silly, but that had nothing to do with how well she sold it. I'd have cast her in a heartbeat, given the likely talent pool in the town.

Edited by Milburn Stone
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

Based on that song, though, we don't actually know if she can carry a tune or not. The only part she actually sang was the "la la la la la la la la la." The rest was sexy-voiced talking. And whatever the melody of the la la break was meant to be, I think we can assume she did not hit those notes. 😂

• Love 4

Stevie just broke my heart. I thought for sure the show would end with her & Emir being together.  "A strong willed woman who's been knocked around a little too much". I can't relate to that at all. 

As someone who deals with contractors all the time I was glad that Ronny was actually getting the work done.  

Was Alexis' song a rif on Countess LuAnn from RHONYC?  

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 2/26/2019 at 10:51 PM, TheOtherOne said:

A little bit Alexis!

There's still plenty of time left in the season--and Stevie as Sally Bowles and Patrick as The Emcee promise to bring great things--but as of now, that 30 seconds made the season for me. It's hard to imagine it being topped. Perfection.

eta: Link to the full song!  http://smarturl.it/alittlebitalexis

On 2/27/2019 at 3:31 AM, GSManiac said:

This was an absolute cracker of an episode with real great character moments.

While I was a rather  put off by Patrick’s rude attitude towards Ronnie but then I thought, Patrick is always such a good nice guy it was good to see a different side to him that we have never seen before. 

Alexis’ 30 seconds one of the funniest things I’ve seen on this show. Loved it. Although was it just me or did Annie Murphy’s face look a bit different this episode. 

Loved the moments between Moria and Jonny with Stevie and especially the end scene. It was so sweet and topped off by Moria decreeing that she shouldn’t burden Stevie with another bottle of wine and taking it back with her. Perfect. 

Definitely my fav episode of the season. 

On 2/27/2019 at 5:53 AM, Fake Jan Brady said:

Oh great, now I've got 'A Little Bit Alexis' stuck in my head.

I'm a Lamborghini/I'm a Hollywood star/I'm a little bit tipsy/When I drive my car...

On 2/27/2019 at 7:15 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Alexis was on fire this week! Between driving Barbra Streisand's vocal coach out of the business entirely and her terrible Britney-esque song, I was totally cracking up. But Moira is right - Alexis definitely has a lot of confidence in her abilities.

I loved how Johnny was so excited to win that award and then immediately switched to "I'm kind of tired so maybe we should just head home" when he saw how heartbroken Stevie was. Awwww.

On 2/27/2019 at 1:40 PM, GSManiac said:

Thanks for the heads up about the song beings on Apple Music etc. It’s fantastic.

I loved how they even included an “ew David”.

Although I do wonder how Alexis planned on pulling off showing her full range in one of the verses when said verse required a lot of auto tune on the actual track. 

On 3/2/2019 at 11:20 AM, YaddaYadda said:

Moira kicking Jocelyn under the chair during Alexis's performance was beyond priceless.

That whole scene was hilarious.

I was really surprised by the whole Stevie/Amir break up. After the whole Jake thing, it was good to see someone who seemed to be legitimately into her. And she was into him too. 

The less Roland, the better.

On 3/4/2019 at 2:57 PM, Jordan61 said:

Me too.

"Hide your diamonds, hide your exes" wasn't bad, I thought.

I could literally picture that song being played on the radio and not seeming out of place.

On 3/4/2019 at 11:42 PM, incandescent said:

A Little Bit Alexis honestly would have been a totally normal, readily expected song for that window of time during which Lindsay Lohan/Paris Hilton/Heidi Pratt were all trying to cross over into pop music. They captured that era perfectly.

On 8/7/2019 at 7:42 PM, iMonrey said:

OMG Alexis's song. At first I was just cringing from second-hand embarrassment, but by the time she got to the part with "I'm a little bit Alexis" I just lost it. Easily the funniest thing this show has ever done, hands down. Well, top 5 anyway. 

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA I'm a little bit Alexis.

I loved Alexis's song. I have shown it to my daughters and they adored it and her. It was comedy gold!

I actually think her song is better than the horrible stuff put out by Heidi and other c-list reality people. On another thread someone mentioned that it was almost a parody of a Britney song.

I think she could of been a star during the time period. Its too bad Moira was not more supportive. I do think Moira does have a tinge of rivalry when it comes to Alexis.

Emir can go to hell for hurting Stevie like that and it was sweet of Moira being supportive of her.

Young people, do not ever let a jerk make you feel "less than".

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

As much as I enjoyed "A little Big Alexis," that wasn't my favorite part of this episode. My favorite thing was the smile that crept over Stevie's face in the last few seconds as she started to look over the Cabaret script.

• Love 4
On 9/18/2019 at 10:07 AM, teddysmom said:

Was Alexis' song a rif on Countess LuAnn from RHONYC?  

I like to think that musically the inspiration was Britney Spear’s “Work Bitch”. 

Edited to add: After looking up the lyrics I see it was directly inspired by it.

Edited by Not4Me
  • Love 3

Aw, my heart broke with disappointment for Stevie about Emir. I really thought they’d be happily ever after. Why wouldn’t he want a weekend of fun with her even if it wasn’t going to be a long term relationship for him?