Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

kariyaki

S02.E14: Stupid Things in the Name of Sex

Recommended Posts

When Conrad's attempt to surprise Nic with a lavish Valentine's Day dinner is foiled, he gives the reservation away to someone who could really use it. Mina and Devon distract themselves from all Valentine's celebrations by trying to figure out how their seemingly healthy neighbor has suddenly passed away. Meanwhile, Kit gives dating advice to a sex-injured patient, Irving hits a crossroads in his not-so-secret relationship with Nurse Jessica, and Bell decides to celebrate the day in the OR.

Airdate: Monday, February 11, 2019

Share this post


Link to post

Andre and Otto were sweet. I don't usually like sweet, but I liked them and hope they can find a way to deal with Otto's condition, not that we are likely to hear about them again.

The Mina-Micah scene at the end would have been better if they had not spoiled it in last week's promo.

  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post

Wow what a snooze fest!  I kept waiting for the neighbor to have been killed by Quovadis  due to the cat having a microchip or something.

I don't see a renewal in the show's future.  Conrad and Nic were pretty cute, tho.  You all know how heroines are TSTL - too stupid to live; Conrad is TGTBT - too good to be true. 

  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post

I thought this episode was kind of boring. I was also thinking the neighbor’s death was somehow quo vadis related. Of course Mina hates all things romantic. Everything seemed kind of done before.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

Way to ruin the surprise proposal, promo monkeys. Poor Micah is going to get his heart broken, isn’t he? 

Liking Bell and Kit a lot. She is a good person and he needs that. Did his tremors magically get better with the meds he was prescribed by the neurologist last season? They dropped that storyline way too quickly.

I’m also liking that they did not drop the Irving/Jessica storyline and his cold feet was about his own insecurities. They are cute together.

Andre and Otto were so sweet together. I hope we don’t see them again, because that will mean that Otto’s dementia or polyarteritis nodosa would have worsened. Don’t kill either of them off in a future episode writers!

  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post

Kit is a very good person and Bell is...well Bell. I am fascinated to see where this heads. I was against it but the actors and potential storyline has me sold.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Dr Austin is a romantic! That is all kinds of awesome. I wouldn't say it was unexpected but it does add a nice element to his character. He's not a flashy romantic either but definitely a romantic. He made me smile with his scenes today.

Aww Irving and Jessica are so cute and same with Conic!

A sex scene and tooth rotting fluff at the end. I hope we have swerved whatever drama was planned for them. They seemed to have dropped the drama. I am still paranoid but I hope! 

I love this show. The cast ranges from top notch to rock solid! Even the side interactions between Bell and his assistant are so enjoyable to watch. Not the most exciting episode but I did love the little character moments.

  • Love 13

Share this post


Link to post

Somewhat of a fluff episode but hey, it is Valentine's week, LOL!

I, too, thought that perhaps Gerty's death somehow may have been related to Quo Vadis but no, sadly an opportunity to show the callous relative (Nora) who wasn't any better (personality-wise) after they removed the tumors.  Gerty actually saved her life and she's still ungrateful and petulant - what a bitch!   We've seen how unscrupulous the Quo Vadis CEO is and the instability of the product.  They've just dropped that storyline for the moment although I'm sure it, and all the "trappings", e.g., Bell, Julian, Greg, will return in sweeps week or season finale.

Could have done without car-sex guy; it really didn't add much to the episode.  Maybe I misread it but I found, at times, the smirky, facial expression funny on Kit - perhaps "reminiscing" about some of her "good times" in a car, LOL!   Kit and Bell - I'm just not buying this.  It was fairly obvious, to me, that she would be his love interest when they brought her on board and Lane left.   Yes, Kit is a seemingly good person but for me, a better plot twist, than a straight-forward romantic interest, would be an ulterior motive, i.e. long-lost friend of Lane's and is seeking revenge against Bell or maybe just revenge for all the underhanded things he's done throughout his career.    Bell has done so much dirt (and continues to do so) yet, it seems as if they're changing his character--as if he's realized his evil ways and making amends/atonement.    That's OOC (out of character) for him!   However, I'm sure he's up to more despicable behavior; just a matter of time.   Finally, agree with another poster - what's happened with the hand tremors? They've just disappeared; he's cured?   That was something the writers shouldn't forget as that was/is pivotal to his storyline and why he has the moniker HODAD!   Anyone else notice how much surgery he's performed lately?

Hope whatever short-lived drama there was with Connic has passed; they seem to be on solid ground--at least for the moment (no Dr. Alex these last 2 weeks!)   

Mena and Micah - I don't think she'll say "yes"--at least hope she won't.  Micah is a good guy but there's just no chemistry between them and should have been more of a platonic relationship, siblings, something else.  I think Mena has feelings for AJ but won't act upon it since she's with Micah.  And I believe it would be an AJ to melt her "unromantic" heart.  Now, the "dilemma" is hers!

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

I liked Conrad in this episode (and in general) but I feel like he’s going to get his heart broken by Nic.  Just my gut feeling.

Micah and Mina...oh no.  Don’t say yes.  I’m not sure I want her with the Raptor either.  I like her fiercely independent.  

And the other doctor and nurse (whose name escapes me as I haven’t had coffee yet) was very sweet.  

Loved Kit and Bell.

I, too, thought the women might have died from a QuoVadis implant.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

DId I miss something with Nic and her sister? Last week Nic was kicking her out and now she's spending a few days at drug rehab with the sister?

10 hours ago, twoods said:

Andre and Otto were so sweet together. I hope we don’t see them again, because that will mean that Otto’s dementia or polyarteritis nodosa would have worsened. Don’t kill either of them off in a future episode writers!

I hope one and done. I honestly don't know that I approve of Conrad's "Just play along with the crazy hallucinations and enjoy your time" advice. Yes it's going to make Otto's time easier, but Andre gets the shit spot of being a caregiver AND this is never going to get better and certainly will become lots less manageable. 

11 hours ago, Brookside said:

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but smug, smirky, do-gooder Conrad makes me want to stick my fingers down my throat.

I'm not *entirely* with you, but I would like there to be more consequences for some of his behavior. I mean, he's a resident, he's not a hospital administrator and I dislike his daddy issues and how he's basically using his dad's position to get his way. 

3 hours ago, cathmed said:

I, too, thought that perhaps Gerty's death somehow may have been related to Quo Vadis but no, sadly an opportunity to show the callous relative (Nora) who wasn't any better (personality-wise) after they removed the tumors.  Gerty actually saved her life and she's still ungrateful and petulant - what a bitch!  

I assumed that is where we were going, yet another Quo Vadis victim, but I rather liked that it wasn't. Also, I didn't like that they portrayed a relationship with black and white villians and good guys. The nice kindly old woman was so nice to her neighbors, and of course, the niece is the bad guy who deserves the scorn for not loving the aunt the way Mina and Devon think she should. Guess what? This dynamic isn't ALWAYS evil niece and loving kindly aunt.  A relative of mine recently passed and while I wasn't this brutal about it, I also wasn't weeping and caught flack for basically not falling apart because "she was such a nice woman!" - yeah, she was nice to *you* because she kind of a manipulative narcissist and just maybe had an agenda in keeping you sweet. It would have been nice if they tried harder than a "selfish millennial being a bitch" storyline.

DId I miss something with Nic and her sister? Last week Nic was kicking her out and now she's spending a few days at drug rehab with the sister?

10 hours ago, twoods said:

Andre and Otto were so sweet together. I hope we don’t see them again, because that will mean that Otto’s dementia or polyarteritis nodosa would have worsened. Don’t kill either of them off in a future episode writers!

I hope one and done. I honestly don't know that I approve of Conrad's "Just play along with the crazy hallucinations and enjoy your time" advice. Yes it's going to make Otto's time easier, but Andre gets the shit spot of being a caregiver AND this is never going to get better and certainly will become lots less manageable. 

11 hours ago, Brookside said:

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but smug, smirky, do-gooder Conrad makes me want to stick my fingers down my throat.

I'm not *entirely* with you, but I would like there to be more consequences for some of his behavior. I mean, he's a resident, he's not a hospital administrator and I dislike his daddy issues and how he's basically using his dad's position to get his way. 

3 hours ago, cathmed said:

I, too, thought that perhaps Gerty's death somehow may have been related to Quo Vadis but no, sadly an opportunity to show the callous relative (Nora) who wasn't any better (personality-wise) after they removed the tumors.  Gerty actually saved her life and she's still ungrateful and petulant - what a bitch!  

I assumed that is where we were going, yet another Quo Vadis victim, but I rather liked that it wasn't. Also, I didn't like that they portrayed a relationship with black and white villians and good guys. The nice kindly old woman was so nice to her neighbors, and of course, the niece is the bad guy who deserves the scorn for not loving the aunt the way Mina and Devon think she should. Guess what? This dynamic isn't ALWAYS evil niece and loving kindly aunt.  A relative of mine recently passed and while I wasn't this brutal about it, I also wasn't weeping and caught flack for basically not falling apart because "she was such a nice woman!" - yeah, she was nice to *you* because she kind of a manipulative narcissist and just maybe had an agenda in keeping you sweet. It would have been nice if they tried harder than a "selfish millennial being a bitch" storyline.

Share this post


Link to post

Do we think the FDA guy that the pharma gal called is paid off by Quo Vadis to say she was looking for a career change or if she really did say that?

  • Love 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, DFWGina said:

Do we think the FDA guy that the pharma gal called is paid off by Quo Vadis to say she was looking for a career change or if she really did say that?

YES!

Isn't the FDA guy the one who blew the whistle on pharma girl to QuoVadis?

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Rap541 said:

DId I miss something with Nic and her sister? Last week Nic was kicking her out and now she's spending a few days at drug rehab with the sister?

I was wondering that too, when did the sister have a change of heart and go to rehab?

Also, weren't Nic and Conrad still fighting last week about him saying she just saw him as a project?

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, DFWGina said:

Do we think the FDA guy that the pharma gal called is paid off by Quo Vadis to say she was looking for a career change or if she really did say that?

Yeah definitely.

There has to be one episode missing, unless the V day episode was shown earlier than it should have. Nic’s sister is hysterically crying last week and now she’s in rehab. Same with the Nik/Conrad fight that is now hot sex. Doesn’t make sense.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

The previous episode had Jess crying and then seeming to stand outside the house and reach for the doorknob. I'm assuming she went in and apologized to Nic and agreed to go to rehab. They just chose to have it all done offscreen. It also would explain why in the previouslies they reshowed the scene of Jess outside and crying. Just my two cents...

  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post

I must be taking different mushrooms than everyone else; I thought Nora the Ungrateful Niece (aka Dwayne Pride's daughter) poisoned dear Aunt Gertie.

TVLine has this show as a safe bet for renewal, for what it's worth.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, torqy said:

I must be taking different mushrooms than everyone else; I thought Nora the Ungrateful Niece (aka Dwayne Pride's daughter) poisoned dear Aunt Gertie.

No, I initially thought that too when the niece was such a complete unlikable ass when compared to dear Aunt Gertie. But honestly this was a blah storyline.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mrs Shibbles said:

I must be watching too many hospital shows, but as soon as Gerty's niece complained about a headache the first time,  I called the aneurysm.

Yes, anytime on a show when somebody complains about something TWICE you know they'll soon be on death's door.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

I loved this episode, loved everything about it. I loved Nic and Conrad. I loved Bell and Kit. I loved the older gay couple and how the one chose to make his dreams reality because that was the only way it could be (I mean, it legit made me tear up). I loved how the Raptor is a romantic. I loved Irving and Jessica. I loved how the niece stayed not super nice and didn't suddenly have a personality transplant because that's just how people are. I loved how every story worked together and flowed. I just loved everything. It was a great episode for me.

  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/11/2019 at 11:51 PM, Jlina said:

Wow what a snooze fest!  I kept waiting for the neighbor to have been killed by Quovadis  due to the cat having a microchip or something.

I don't see a renewal in the show's future.  Conrad and Nic were pretty cute, tho.  You all know how heroines are TSTL - too stupid to live; Conrad is TGTBT - too good to be true. 

Does it mean something that I was thinking the EXACT SAME THING about the neighbor? Let's have coffee at the next Conspiracy Theorists' Club meeting, lol!

  • Love 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/11/2019 at 11:51 PM, Jlina said:

Wow what a snooze fest!  I kept waiting for the neighbor to have been killed by Quovadis  due to the cat having a microchip or something.

My initial thought was that there was something bad in those cookies or whatever she handed to Mina and Devon...like maybe she got mentally confused and put something poisonous in them.

On 2/12/2019 at 7:36 PM, twoods said:

Yeah definitely.

There has to be one episode missing, unless the V day episode was shown earlier than it should have. Nic’s sister is hysterically crying last week and now she’s in rehab. Same with the Nik/Conrad fight that is now hot sex. Doesn’t make sense.

That's what I was wondering too! Last week we ended with Jess hesitating outside Nic's door; this week she's already in rehab? I know that sometimes they have to skip things for the sake of time, but it just felt like something important was omitted.

I was also wondering why we only saw Nic in snippets this week. Was there some reason the actress was not available for more scenes? She's one of the main characters and always more part of everything.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

The epi did bring up another health care issue ie the assumption that many seniors die of old age when it's something else. Seniors are just starting to get the attention they deserve.

Setting that aside I get the impression they are setting up for a big season if not series finale.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size