Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Brandon's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I couldn't drive on the interstate for a year. I listen to podcasts and talk back to them when I drive and that helps. 

I talk, too. Usually to an imaginary passenger but often about whatever podcast subject I'm listening to.

• Love 4

Mom can't separate her relationship with her ex-husband to at least hesitate for a second to think about Brandon (though I don't know the history).  It is just that she didn't miss a beat to say no.

Edited by umgoblue
Because husband and ex-husband are two different things!
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

He reminds me a bit of someone I used to know. Can't quite think of they guy's name, though.

He said it looked like he had gallstones and he was concerned with him having complications from them so he took it out as a precaution, basically.

There was a whole tray of black gallstones next to the removed stomach, after the surgery.  You'll see it when you watch the episode again!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Attention Brandon! You are a GROWN ASS MAN. Whose father walked out when you were already a GROWN ASS MAN. MOVE THE FUCK ON. 

Hi Pounders! I’m late tonight because the forum was down for awhile and because I lost my damn mind today and ate everything that wasn’t nailed down. 30 minutes of Brandon being a big baby put me. Ack on the straight and narrow. Carb-free day coming tomorrow with lots of water. How’s y’all’s eating habit tonight?

• Love 9

"I've dealt with the past well enough without bringing it back up."

Dude...you weighed over 700 pounds.  That's not properly dealing with the past.

With that said, he looks positively svelte compared to the beginning of the episode.

11 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I don’t always like her hair but tonight I really like it

But it sounds like I’m the only one.

You're not alone!

2 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

Twit's Everest my ass. She got 2 feet up that climbing wall last week and thought THAT was an accomplishment!

Right?  We have rocky hills like that in Southern Illinois.  They're really not that hard to climb.

• Love 8
Just now, Gbb said:

Hi Pounders! I’m late tonight because the forum was down for awhile and because I lost my damn mind today and ate everything that wasn’t nailed down. 30 minutes of Brandon being a big baby put me. Ack on the straight and narrow. Carb-free day coming tomorrow with lots of water. How’s y’all’s eating habit tonight?

Pretty good today, but my cravings are coming on.  This show makes me want to drink wine, for some reason.  

• Love 5

If you have a really low calorie diet, you can form gallstones.     

He needs to lose the bun, he looks like a woman now.    

He doesn't need to contact his father.     The father could have contacted him if he wanted a relationship, and I'm betting that the father doesn't.       There certainly is a huge gap between Brandon, and the much younger siblings, so I'm wondering if Daddy suspects Brandon isn't his?   

Next Wednesday has a woman falling out of the drivers seat, so maybe it will be fun, but she didn't say the magic phrase, Ow Mah Legs!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, umgoblue said:

Sit in front of the piano (closed, mind you) and STILL no music!! Rinse, repeat with guitar. 

It's all lies or at least props.

I don't think so.  Pianos and guitars aren't necessarily cheap, and moving the piano down to Houston shows some commitment to me.  

Does Brandon really need to call his Dad?  I mean, if someone wants to walk out of your life, let them go.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Julyolo said:

Get out of your parents divorce and call your dad.

Seriously. Their marriage has NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM. He was 21 when it all went south for good. He's a big old baby who doesn't want to get a job, get a life, or get laid.

Also: pet peeve -- I hate the phrase, "reach out." Say you'll call, email, write, whatever. Not "reach out." That just really grates my cheese.

1 minute ago, ThereButFor said:

We have another "falling out of the car" incident next week!

Falling seems to be this season's "Ow mah laig!" 

1 minute ago, Wanda said:

Is it my imagination that every time he says he has to work as hard as he can’t hes always sitting like a lump? Granted my attention has wandered to the masked singer

They love to do that. The 600 pounder is voice overing "I'm working so hard" and we cut to them sitting on the couch, staring glumly into the middle distance. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Wanda said:

Is it my imagination that every time he says he has to work as hard as he can’t he's always sitting like a lump? 

Love it.....he was standing there saying he needed to do something more to increase his weight loss, then plopped himself on the couch.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Sit in front of the piano (closed, mind you) and STILL no music!! Rinse, repeat with guitar. 

It's all lies or at least props.

Now let's add the guitar AND the piano together...still no music!  Seriously people....

• Love 1

He singing! Not bad, but I wanted to hear opera.

2 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Oh mom. Being a bad husband doesn't automatically make him a bad father. I wouldn't discourage Brandon from reaching out to dad if that's what he feels he needs.

Right? My best friend's parents split up when we were around 11 or so. He was still their dad (and her parents get along well enough now). I have an aunt who probably had a better relationship with her ex after they divorced (even joined him on a business trip once to watch his then-toddler son (with his third ex-wife) during the day while he was doing whatever he was there for; she got a free trip and the evenings free to do whatever she wanted).

1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

Where is Taylor and where did the dog come from?

There's a dog? I missed the dog?!

5 minutes ago, LizzyB said:

There was a whole tray of black gallstones next to the removed stomach, after the surgery.  You'll see it when you watch the episode again!

I missed it but I will probably not watch again. I'll take your word for it.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Also: pet peeve -- I hate the phrase, "reach out." Say you'll call, email, write, whatever. Not "reach out." That just really grates my cheese.

If you are not a member of the Four Tops, you have no business using the phrase "reach out". 

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
Just now, CrazyInAlabama said:

He doesn't need to contact his father.     The father could have contacted him if he wanted a relationship, and I'm betting that the father doesn't.      

This!!! It’s been 12 years and his dad knew where he was the whole time.  And let’s not forget he was already 500lbs when he and his dad had their falling out. I’m sorry but there’s a come a time when, as an adult, you just have to say fuck them and move on with your life.

• Love 7