Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Holly's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

42 minutes ago, shouldbedancing said:

I'm behind in the ep but I'm wondering if she has some sort of physical condition where she can't feel full. She really shovels that food down, it's more disturbing than usual.

IIRC, a previous patient--Diane I think--had a stomach four times the size of the average person according to Dr. Now. If that's the case with her, then she really doesn't ever feel full which is quite sad really.

• Love 4
Just now, Godfrey said:

My neighbor is morbidly obese. I ran into her husband at the store and he was buying biscuits, sausage, and sausage biscuits.

I love those but never eat them. I would feel awful.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

My friend and her family were out of their house for a year because they had to have it raised (hurricane Sandy aftermath), and they stayed a house that belonged to a friend of her mom's. The place was straight out of an early '70s time machine. We were born in '75 and I am 100% positive the stove and oven are older than we are. And yes, there was shag carpet in the family room. (And wall-to-wall carpet in the bathroom. I can't even.) 

We bought our current house four years ago.  We buy oldish houses, update them and live in them a few years before moving to the next.  This house had a 50 year old  blue dishwasher, which still worked.  It is gone!

• Love 3
22 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

This is the LIVE CHAT thread for Holly's story.   It will be open during the US East Coast showing for your snarking pleasure. 

Original air date 2019.01.30

Please let Holly's childhood story have to do with her father who was a high school chemistry teacher until he was diagnosed with lung cancer.   Then he started manufacturing meth, becoming the infamous cook Heisenberg. Is that too much to ask?

Holly's dad is certainly no Heisenberg.  Bummer😡

Edited by toodles
  • Love 11

Aw darn.  She gets her bypass after all.  How many months until her first cheat meal?

Months?   Are you kidding?   It won't be long before she stops losing, and start gaining.   

Lost 36 pounds since surgery, after full gastric bypass, and the huge hernia?   I bet she lost a bunch of weight the first week from being too sore to eat.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, fonfereksglen said:

We bought our current house four years ago.  We buy oldish houses, update them and live in them a few years before moving to the next.  This house had a 50 year old  blue dishwasher, which still worked.  It is gone!

If it still worked, why did you get rid of it? We've been in this house for almost 5 years. It had a new dishwasher when we moved in. It started making a howling noise today. I hope we PCS before it fails completely. 

• Love 2

LOLOLOLOL 

If I'm exhausted by the drive, I won't be able to talk to my mom. 

I'm so glad this episode is almost over. 

1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

Is there anything on earth that Holly ISN'T nervous about?

How to fit a 2nd breakfast and 2nd dinner into her busy schedule. 

• Love 10

From what I've read, some centers have rather low weight requirements for gastric bypass, or sleeve, and the lapband is even lower, because it's removable.

If you're willing to go to Mexico for WLS, they do it at any weight, no qualifications or requirements at all.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, mysticalflute said:

Oh boy. She's going home. That rarely ends well.

Also, a 12 hour drive in a day? That seems like a lot, even for me... and I'm 27 and healthy.

You're obviously not from Texas. Lol. We drove from Houston to El Paso in one trip. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, mysticalflute said:

Oh boy. She's going home. That rarely ends well.

Also, a 12 hour drive in a day? That seems like a lot, even for me... and I'm 27 and healthy.

Eh, I used to make a 12 hr drive to see my parents. I’d always do it in a day. 

Holly those cravings are NOT gone, you WILL feel them again, and dealing with what you felt were problems with your mom is NOT going to make them go away forever.  Will there be a fast food stop on this trip?

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

I hate how the patients sound like they are reading from cue cards written by Jack Handey

Same writer maybe?  Yes the monotone script is just a lot of blah blah.   So now comes the obligatory chat with the person she blames for all her problems....mommy!  Zero accountability.  Oh, next well looks like a real doozy.

• Love 8