Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Justin's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Weight guesses??

Are we allowed to post links to other forums on here?  Because the guy from this episode showed up and posted a thread a few days ago.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Man, I know how I feel at the end of long travel day—I just want to get the fuck out of the airport and to where I need to be. I can't imagine how frustrating this is for Justin.

And it's Houston which is usually hot and humid when you're outdoors. And he's having to walk all over the damn rental car lot to find a vehicle he can fit in. Ugh.

• Love 3

Initial thoughts:

That’s a really nice house. I assumed that he lived with his mother.

One of the delivery meals he got included a salad! It had all kinds of crazy stuff on it like fried chicken and garlic bread and cheese. But I think that’s the first time we’ve seen a person on this show order a salad prior to starting with Dr. Now. 

Why did he choose to eat his meal laying on his bed on his stomach? He’s able to get up and walk around the house. Wouldn’t you sit in a chair or at a table?  He’s not bed bound!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, methadonna said:

I think something has gone very wrong when I look at this guy and think,”He doesn’t look so bad...”

Also, how do some of these people stay on their stomachs and prop themselves up on their arms? Granted, it’s mostly disability-related, but even if I didn’t have a jacked up neck, shoulders,everything, I dont think I could do that for more than a minute—I spend most of my time in bed, too, (albeit only in about a fifth of it: if I am overhanging the edge, it’s because my cat thinks she gets the other 80%, not because I am surpassing the bed in a body::bed surface area race), but I’ve never once thought to prop myself up prone to eat or bead bracelets—and I’m about 100 lbs. Maybe it’s the lack of counterweight (a ridiculous percentage of that weight is in my...chest). Maybe a matching set of butt-wings would provide the anchor to make such a position possible. Maybe nother 500 lbs could open up a whole new range of possibilities 

Laying on my stomach like that kills my back after a few minutes.

37 minutes in and we're still trying to get out of the car rental.

Just let her drive. Geez.

2 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

The "gravy" was a clear thick liquid with chunks of hard-boiled eggs floating on it...

What.

1 minute ago, Azubah said:

Well, Schenee was very knowledged.

Hee!

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Right there with you. I love staying home. But I'm old. At 28 I was out every night with my friends. 

At 28, I was a mom and law school student. Party time was over. But don't cry; I did not spend all my time at Michigan in the library. :  )

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

When they have a pet and leave for a few days I wish they would tell us who's taking care of the animals. I am sure they don't leave the poor thing alone but still..

I'm sure he made arrangements for the dog but if it were up to mom, she'd lift the lid on the toilet, toss some Alpo on the floor, and move on.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, 88Keys said:

Why is it such a big deal if his mom has to drive?  

I think because she didnt’ have a credit card she can’t rent the car to technically he has to rent it. They are mother and son not husband and wife so they weren’t sure she was allowed to drive if he rented the car. It turns out she could for an additional fee. Not everywhere allows that. 

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

What’s happening pounders?  Eating habit tonight was tacos and a leftover cupcake from Little Judgey’s birthday which I think permanently stained my teeth with its irradiated hot pink frosting.

Who else didn’t go to work today because of ice storm 2019?

I’m in Wisco and we got hit with a great snowfall in the last 2 days. I worked from home today and yesterday. 

1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

And it's Houston which is usually hot and humid when you're outdoors. And he's having to walk all over the damn rental car lot to find a vehicle he can fit in. Ugh.

And that Houston airport is giant

• Love 2
Just now, 88Keys said:

I was only 1.5 pounds off!  But I went over, so if we're playing Price is Right rules, I would be out.  

But its Pounder Pool, so you WIN!! A gallon of sausage gravy and McDonald's gift certificates are on the way!

2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Dammit, I missed the weight.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

“He may not help me becasue I’m so big.” Seriously, how has this dude never seen this show?

It's just part of the script to generate, um, suspense? I guess?

• Love 2
Just now, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

“He may not help me becasue I’m so big.” Seriously, how has this dude never seen this show?

I’m convinced they only take Poundticipants that have never seen the show. So we’d all be disqualified. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

But its Pounder Pool, so you WIN!! A gallon of sausage gravy and McDonald's gift certificates are on the way!

What an honor!  

Doctor Now just told him to start exercising and that it should be "no problem."  Does he examine these people first?  I mean, I know they need to be active, but I hope he at least checks their hearts and blood pressure and stuff.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

I lived in N. Texas for 22 years, and never developed a taste for cream gravy. But there's something worse; I went to a friend's house for Thanksgiving one year. The turkey was so dry as to be inedible, so I figured I'd get it down by drowning it in gravy. No dice. The "gravy" was a clear thick liquid with chunks of hard-boiled eggs floating on it...

Sounds like badly made giblet gravy.

• Love 1
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Why did it take all day for them to get from South Carolina to Houston? Its only about a 3 hour flight. 

You move a lot more slowly when you’re that heavy, and have a camera crew with you. Who knows how long it took him to navigate the airport.Also they didn’t take the first flight out in the morning. An afternoon flight would put them in Houston at dark depending on the time of year. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, CircusPeanuts said:

I don’t think most of these people will visit a doctor. And participate in overnight sleep studies.

Yep.My husband uses a CPAP and he has to go to the doctor every few months and have a sleep study every couple of years. Im sure the sleep doctor would tell someone who weighs 700 pounds that they have to lose weight. I think these folks avoid the doctor at all costs.

• Love 6

Yikes, 100 pounds in two months!!!!! Is that one of the largest initial weight loss goals ever? I wish him luck but if he "only" loses 70 or 80 pounds, I think that would be great too.

I love the fact that he has already been in therapy AND that Dr. Now is encouraging ongoing therapy from the start, finally.

• Love 6