Type keyword(s) to search

CBB In The Media

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, IndyMischa said:

OT, but if any of you have any remaining f's to give about BB20, go to the mothership forum and check out the media thread. Lady Calypso brought over some awesome drama. (Which I immediately dove into, because duh.) 

It's way more interesting that anything happening on CBB!

23 hours ago, IndyMischa said:

OT, but if any of you have any remaining f's to give about BB20, go to the mothership forum and check out the media thread. Lady Calypso brought over some awesome drama. (Which I immediately dove into, because duh.) 

just found out about this and was hoping we were talking about it somewhere. Thanks for the heads up. 

giphy.gif

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

just found out about this and was hoping we were talking about it somewhere. Thanks for the heads up. 

giphy.gif

I am HERE to tell you, you have no idea how gud it is. Pour some wine and settle in!

• Love 1

Based on the schedules they released last year, I don't think they were going to have it even if covid didn't covid.  I hope it comes back though; it's my favorite version, probably because the age of contestants skews upwards.

• Love 1

Looking forward to CBB 2022. Part of the fun is seeing what random D list celebrities agree to do the show. Talk about eclectic casting! 

In the past I've found that even the celebs I thought would be awful are at least interesting to watch, and a few have proved very different from what I was expecting. I also find most of them to be way more media savvy than your typical BB player, for obvious reasons, and they seem to make a bigger effort to be entertaining. 

Finally, I like the shorter season. No filler. 

I can't lie though. I'd watch almost anything in February, snowbound in the house, so this should be fun. 

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 3

I just read an article about people they're trying to get for CBB. I should have linked it, sorry. But I do recall Clay Aiken and Tiffany Somebody (a particularly messy RH apparently). 

The one that woke my brain right up was KellyAnn Conway. She presses ALL my buttons to the point that long ago I started switching the channel when she came on. This is NOT a political comment whatsoever, but a comment on how much extremely manipulative, deceitful people annoy me. 

That said, I'd totally watch her on CBB, just like I was fascinated to watch Omarosa. I'm always curious to see how people like them interact with others on a personal level, as opposed to during a big interview. I'm curious to see what their body language is, how they try to manipulate people. I'm curious to see what they look like first thing in the morning. 😁

I don't think there's any way they'll get her. I don't think she'd feel enough in control of what people see to agree to do it. But it's sure fun to speculate. 

That's what's great about CBB to me. I don't have to like the celebrities AT ALL to be super curious to see how they function in a house full of other people. It's so revealing. No one can stay "on" 24/7.

• Love 4

Schedule:

Week 1
Wednesday, Feb. 2: 8-9 p.m. 
Thursday, Feb. 3: 9-10 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 4: 8-10 p.m.

Week 2
Sunday, Feb. 6: 8-9 p.m.
Monday, Feb. 7: 9-10 p.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 9: 8-9 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 11: 8-10 p.m.

Week 3
Sunday, Feb. 13: 8-9 p.m.
Monday, Feb. 14: 9-10 p.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 16: 8-9 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 18: 8-10 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 19: 8-9 p.m.

Week 4
Sunday, Feb. 20: 8-9 p.m.
Monday, Feb. 21: 9-11 p.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 23: 8-9 p.m. 

This is gonna be hard to keep up with lol. I'll be watching the feeds though so I can probably skip some eps.

• Love 2

I'm surprised we haven't heard any rumors yet.  I'd imagine they're in quarantine now, yeah? While I'm always excited to see who they'll dredge up, it's not so much the "celebrity" aspect that makes me like this version so much - it's the age of most of the contestants.  This skews WAY older than the regular edition, and even though a lot of them are trying to rekindle their careers, it's not as bad as the thirst traps just there for the instagram followers.  It just changes the whole dynamic of the show, in a way I enjoy.

• Love 7
On 1/14/2022 at 7:08 PM, UniqueHandle said:

Johnny Bananas (The Challenge) has been retweeting and liking everything Julie Chen tweets and Instagrams for a couple months. As I recall, he did that last time too.

Oh jeez, I don’t need to see that guy in my screen ever again and he really stretches the limits of the word “celebrity”.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Other than #4 and (to a lesser extent) #2, I don’t know a single one of these fucking people.  Their definition of “Celebrity” and mine are certainly different animals.

Did Kellyanne Conway decide she couldn’t give up her daily baths in the blood of virgins long enough to do a season?

• LOL 7

OMG! If New York and Vanilla Ice are on, it's going to be lit! However, Sean Spicer? Please be false. I'm going to actually get feeds if NY is on, and I don't want to see him. If he's there, first out please. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Sean Spicer will probably be on only for a week like that other guy from DC. Anthony? Michael? If all these characters are on it should be an interesting season, especially the feeds. I bet Vanilla Ice is the guy who likes to keep things tidy and clean. I was thinking what crazy sports guy could they get and Antonio Brown crossed my mind. That would be crazy feeds. Also Michelle Lafoya may be out of a job after the end of January. Jay Gruden's available, too.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Sean Spicer will probably be on only for a week like that other guy from DC. Anthony? Michael

Anthony Scaramucci. I remember how surreal it was watching him walking on the treadmill in his velour leisure suit. 

One thing I notice on CBB is how behind the scenes most older celebrities are weirdly disciplined and hard-working. Most of them are also surprisingly smart.My theory has always been that no one, no matter how laid-back or crazy or sweet they appear, stays famous for years without being extremely focused, ambitious, self-aware and self-disciplined. Otherwise they'd disappear into anonimity like most do. I love testing this theory by watching them on reality TV. 

(Case in point... Charo on The Surreal Life. Super smart and extremely disciplined and hard-working. Who knew?) 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Nashville said:

Other than #4 and (to a lesser extent) #2, I don’t know a single one of these fucking people.  Their definition of “Celebrity” and mine are certainly different animals.

Same, except I also sort of "know" Todrick Hall as the guy who's house everyone stayed at forever after the end of last BB. Peeps here were speculating he was putting them up for so long (thereby getting himself in the limelight) because he was either already slated for or hoping to be on CBB. Yep! Never underestimate a famewhore, lol.

Edited by kassandra8286
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, kassandra8286 said:

Same, except I also sort of "know" Todrick Hall as the guy who's house everyone stayed at forever after the end of last BB

Okay, THAT'S why his name sounded so familiar, because I definitely didn't recognize his picture. Thank you. 

I'd like to see Jillian Michaels go head-to-head with Nene Leaks with Hope Hicks caught in between, trying to wrangle them. (I'm sure she's had more challenging assignments.) I don't know who most of the others are, so they can stand around and take sides. 🤣🤣

Yup, I'd pay to see that. 

Edited by Melina22
  • LOL 1

They will eat well. They won't vote out Curtis Stone because he'll be cooking for them. He used to be the guest chef on The Biggest Loser while Jillian Michaels was a trainer on the show. Plus Tyler from the Bachelorette?? Hannah Brown's season? Crossover from ABC to CBS. Curtis Stone was also been on Top Chef Masters and I'm pretty sure a judge on Top Chef. He's been on other cheffy shows. I remember Nene from Real Housewives of Atlanta, which I haven't watched in years. 

I see Sean Spicer didn't make the cut.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Curtis Stone is busy selling stuff on HSN. Hope Hicks is probably under investigation, and I'm sure her lawyers wouldn't let her be in a place covered by cameras and microphones. What happened to Vanilla Ice? I mean, I'll take Shangela because I love her, but I was looking forward to NY and Ice. I shall wait for the official release, and if NY isn't on it, Paramount + will get dropped like a hot potato before the 26th.

• LOL 1
On 1/19/2022 at 7:27 AM, Ananayel said:

However, Sean Spicer? Please be false. I'm going to actually get feeds if NY is on, and I don't want to see him. If he's there, first out please. 

Don’t sweat it; it’s Sean Spicer, for crying out loud - when he’s not in front of the camera he’s a nonexistent entity, and when he’s in front of the camera you can disregard anything he says with total safety and lack of fear for missing anything important. Just like the White House, but with more cameras and cheaper decor.

On 1/19/2022 at 3:11 PM, peachmangosteen said:

There is literally no chance this is real but here we go lol:

For a second there I got excited, but then I realized I was confusing Jillian Michaels with Ann Jillian.  
Whodafuck is Jillian Michaels?

I mean, she could be lying lol. 

But yea that list is almost certainly not accurate. I think that twitter only popped up like a couple days ago just to post that stuff. And they already changed some of their supposed confirmed people like 5 minutes after they posted it.

Peach! Do you have inside contacts we don't know about? 😁

I enjoy messy houseguests, but a couple on this list make me uncomfortable. Like Tila Tequila. I don't think I've ever actually watched a reality show she was in, but over the years I've read so many items about her, accusing her of all kinds of awful things and behavior. I don't mind big personalities, even loud, obnoxious people, but I don't especially want to watch people who are mentally ill, or sociopaths. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

On the plus side, this list has no politicians, at least that I recognize.   And I think Colton Underwood is a more likely Bachelor/ Bachelorette alumnae than Tyler Cameron.  But why would Giacomo Gionotti, formerly of Grey’s Anatomy be on the show?

And who is Hassan Minjah?  Do they mean Hassan Minhaj?…not that I would expect to see him on this show.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

And who is Hassan Minjah?  Do they mean Hassan Minhaj?…not that I would expect to see him on this show.  

No clue. I don't recognize the names of half of these people. Definitely they're down to the G list if not lower. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Peach! Do you have inside contacts we don't know about?

tumblr_maiwbb5Ax01rdchx8o1_250.gifv

lol but no I got that from another place and the person who posted it there got it from a Facebook group.

2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

And who is Hassan Minjah?   

2 hours ago, Melina22 said:

No clue.

W86uVN_G_400x400.jpg

Which makes that list completely unbelievable. Like why in the hell would he do Celeb BB lol?

• LOL 3
11 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

More rumors:

269106347_10165969041170461_3032420041572835659_n.jpeg

All these lists are showing real housewives, so it seems like they are trying to cast. For other RH addicts:

1. Teddi Mellencamp - boring (stop trying to make fetch happen)

2. Erika Girardi - her lawyers would advise against this, as they did the last season of RH of Beverly Hills, but she went on anyway. On CBBB she can’t bring a glam team, so that’s doubtful (she can’t afford one anyway).

3. Nene Leakes, mayhem sure to happen.

I really don’t know who most of these people are.

On a personal note - I never mind seeing Tyson Beckford on my TV screen.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Okay why are they going through my adolescent diaries to find these picks?  Jonathan Taylor Thomas?  Tyson Beckford?  Who's next?  Ma$e and Usher?  Sorry but that is way too sexy hot good to believe.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I don't especially want to watch people who are mentally ill, or sociopaths. 

Considering we KNOW you’ve been tuning in for the last couple of years, I don’t see how you can say this with a straight face.  🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 10