Type keyword(s) to search

CBB In The Media

• Start Topic

On 1/23/2022 at 6:14 AM, Nashville said:

Considering we KNOW you’ve been tuning in for the last couple of years, I don’t see how you can say this with a straight face.  🤣🤣🤣

Let me rephrase that. I only want to watch sociopathic or mentally ill or personality-disordered people if they're either extremely interesting, very funny or highly entertaining. I have my standards! 

• LOL 7
37 minutes ago, Ananayel said:

I thought we would hear the official announcement yesterday. What's the holdup? 

I'm assuming they don't wanna announce anything because of the very real chance that someone could test positive for Covid and be out. I would almost think they won't even announce until the premiere but that wouldn't really work with a celeb season. I'm thinking maybe they announce on Sunday during the football game.

• Love 1

So. Former Housewife of Orange County Tamra Judge has a podcast with former Housewife of Beverly Hills Teddi Mellencamp. And she "accidentally" put a story up on IG that mentioned a "Big Brother announcement" (link to Reddit). So it sounds like we'll be getting one of them filling in the obligatory Housewife role for CBB3. Keep your fingers crossed for Tamra - as much as I don't like her, she knows how to produce moments for television and she can stir the pot like no one else. Also, we might get something like this screech (seriously, you don't even need audio to hear it):
giphy.gif

Unfortunately, Teddi Mellencamp is also in play. Peep the last name: yes, she's the daughter of John (formerly Cougar) I fucking hate the song Pink Houses Mellencamp. This is also the most interesting thing about her. She got canned from Beverly Hills despite being besties with most of the HWs because she's boring. And dull. She's your basic Horse Girl that grew up. Okay, there's a lot of drama about her diet program ALL-IN that's really just a platform for uneducated people to coach other people on how to best starve themselves. And a little bit of drama about her husband owning a security company that may or may not be shady. But in the grand scheme of Housewives, she's like instant oatmeal: boring, bland, beige, and you forget about it five minutes later. Did I mention how dull she is? Here, have one of her great moments via GIF.
giphy.gif

(Yeah, that's about the best I could do. Please note that Teddi no longer looks like this, she's currently Single White Female-ing RHOBH's Kyle Richards and a Kardashian. It still doesn't make her interesting.)

I mean, there are way better Housewives (both former and current) to choose from. And I guess there's always a chance that it could be a guest of theirs on the podcast who is going on CBB3? But chances are it's one of them. God help us all.

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 8
35 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

(Yeah, that's about the best I could do. Please note that Teddi no longer looks like this, she's currently Single White Female-ing RHOBH's Kyle Richards and a Kardashian. It still doesn't make her interesting.

Teddi would be the most boring houseguest ever. Tamrat, well she’s no prize. However she is wily which could serve her well. She could do well or fail in spectacular fashion. I imagine her husband Eddie is hoping she’s cast because he can get a break.

All the “leaks” (which I only read her, It seems likely that some current or former real housewife might be cast. 

• Love 2

Apparently Twitter is saying it's gonna be Teddi and it's coming from people who are usually right so that sucks. She will add absolutely nothing. Hopefully she goes first.

People think this tweet means a cast or house reveal is coming today:

Also, if the Housewives are announcing it on Thursday then the cast reveal will almost certainly be before then since I doubt CBS is gonna let them announce it before it's officially announced.

• Useful 1

I don't watch Real Housewives shows so my only exposure to them has been on CBB. Brandi Glanville, Tamar Braxton, and I feel like there was someone  else. I've discovered I enjoy them if they're in a show with non-RHs, because they're forced to downplay the extreme behaviour and faked drama. They still add lots of intensity and emotion but it doesn't go off the rails, or come off as totally done for the cameras. 

So I'm happy if they include one or two RHs, but not more. Unless they fill the rest of the cast with people from similar scripted reality shows, used to manufacturing drama, which I'm not going to enjoy. 

I like some drama and tension on my reality TV obviously, but I don't like when it's mostly faked and overblown for the cameras. I got totally burned years ago, when I discovered that the shows I was watching (The Bachelor? Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire? ) were 99% fake. I know all reality shows are somewhat manipulated behind the scenes, but this degree of phoniness was too much for me. 

No judgement for people who like this stuff - we like what we like. And I watch CBB so I'm not one to talk, but I want to see some real reality. I like when the celebrities masks slip, and we get a sense of who they really are. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Melina22 said:

I don't watch Real Housewives shows so my only exposure to them has been on CBB. Brandi Glanville, Tamar Braxton, and I feel like there was someone  else. I've discovered I enjoy them if they're in a show with non-RHs, because they're forced to downplay the extreme behaviour and faked drama. They still add lots of intensity and emotion but it doesn't go off the rails, or come off as totally done for the cameras. 

Tamar wasn't a housewife; I think you're thinking of Kandi Buress.

Teddi might be better in this context, but she was fairly bland on Housewives.  If she tones down her behavior, she'll disappear.    She'll probably fit in well with any older celebrities who live fairly normal lives outside of this at this point in their lives.

• Useful 2
1 minute ago, lasu said:

Tamar wasn't a housewife; I think you're thinking of Kandi Buress.

Thanks. I honestly thought she was, but now I'm thinking about it, she must have been on a different reality show, something to do with her family. To me she did seem to fit the RH stereotype - extremely big, OTT personality, always in a flap about something or the centre of some drama. 

Thanks for reminding me of Kandi's name. She's the one I meant. Kandi didn't fit my mental stereotype of a Housewife at all. I remember her as very low key, reasonable and logical, always trying to make peace. I liked her, although I can understand how they couldn't make an entertaining RH show out of a bunch of Kandis. Then it would be PBS. 😁

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I honestly thought she was, but now I'm thinking about it, she must have been on a different reality show, something to do with her family.

Braxton Family Values 

Never seen a single episode, btw.

• Useful 1

I never enjoy athletes on CBB. I don't find them entertaining. It sounds like we're getting at least 3. One's probably Lamar Odem which sounds like a terrible idea. 

It sounds like they're going to have someone from SNL. That could be really fun. I wonder who? 

Who's the daughter of a rock star? I doubt they'd get Liv Tyler. Kelly Osbourne? No, also unlikely. 

Was there an announcement?   They just did a quick recap on a commercial during The Amazing Race.  I didn't catch everyone, but saw Chris Kattan, Todd Bridges, John Mellencamp's daughter and Chris Kirkpatrick (complete with obligatory "Bye, Bye, Bye" joke).  

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Was there an announcement?   They just did a quick recap on a commercial during The Amazing Race.  I didn't catch everyone, but saw Chris Kattan, Todd Bridges, John Mellencamp's daughter and Chris Kirkpatrick (complete with obligatory "Bye, Bye, Bye" joke).  

In addition to who you mentioned - Carson Kressley, Todrick Hall, Cynthia Bailey, Lamar Odom, Mirai Nagasu, Miesha Tate, and Shanna Moakler

Edited by NotChristine

Ugh.  Someone Kardashian adjacent.   Is he still married to one of them?   He seemed to wince a lot when he mentioned her.  It was someone's brainwashing was starting to wear off.

Chris Kattan:  'You might now me from some movies and TV shows.'  No, Mr. Peepers, we just know you from one show.   Are you legally prevented from mentioning it?   I heard he was not well liked buy his SNL castmates so I doubt he'll be making friends here.

The skater seems WAY too normal and nice for this.   Is she a stealth bitch or something?   Otherwise some of these famewhores will eat her alive.

I don't know who Toddrick Hall is, but touting being a social media influencer = 'please be the first boot'

• Love 1

Okay, I'm hugely disappointed there is no NY, no Vanilla Ice, but I do like Chris Kattan and Carson Kressley quite a bit, I'm either "meh" or "don't know about all the others. I'll give it a shot I guess. Missed opportunity CBS- you give Miss Pollard any damn thing she wants!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Maverick said:

Ugh.  Someone Kardashian adjacent.   Is he still married to one of them?   He seemed to wince a lot when he mentioned her.  It was someone's brainwashing was starting to wear off.

Chris Kattan:  'You might now me from some movies and TV shows.'  No, Mr. Peepers, we just know you from one show.   Are you legally prevented from mentioning it?   I heard he was not well liked buy his SNL castmates so I doubt he'll be making friends here.

The skater seems WAY too normal and nice for this.   Is she a stealth bitch or something?   Otherwise some of these famewhores will eat her alive.

I don't know who Toddrick Hall is, but touting being a social media influencer = 'please be the first boot'

Shanna Moakler is also Kardashian adjacent. Her ex is now engaged to Kourtney Kardashian. 

• Useful 1

I know approximately....one person in this cast. There are a few I know by name but nothing else.

Needless to say, I'm a bit disappointed. The last two seasons, I had at least two or three who I knew and was rooting for. Here, I know one (Todrick Hall) and am not even rooting for him.

But, at the same time, maybe it'll make it more fun, watching with no attachments right off the bat and having to form them as I watch?

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm soooooooooooooooo glad no Erika Jayne oh my god.   I hope Teddi goes out ASAP.

Erika Jayne would have been a lot more fun versus Teddi. Imagine trying to watch her wiggle into some latex monstrosity in the name of fashun without her glam squadthere. I would've loved to see her have to apply her own drag queen style makeup. Or her nomination speech where she drops her tone and uses that film noir voice she picked up two seasons ago: "Honey, it's fine, we're good. We're good. But I nominated you because you aren't cunty enough." Meanwhile, there's Teddi. Just making sad trombone noises every time she opens her mouth. Wah wah waaaaah.

Todrick Hall, though - he can go play in traffic get voted off first. I'm sad that that is the connection we got from the BB23 cast and not Candiace Dillard from RHOP (she was Azah's pageant coach back in the day). PAY ARTISTS WHAT THEY'RE WORTH, TODRICK.

Cynthia Bailey-Hill coming to CHill in the BB house to tell us all about her 10/10/20 super spreader wedding (seriously, it sounds like one of those cheap long distance commercials with Paul Reiser back in the day - "Just dial 10-10-20, then 1, and the number of the person you're trying to reach and get 3 cents a minute long distance!") and show off her magnificent cheekbones. For non-Housewife fans, Cynthia can also be a dull stick in the mud like Teddi but she can also wake up and read a bitch for filth when she needs to. She just hibernates for three years before she does it. She's also a former HW though she was just on the Ultimate Girls Trip spin-off this winter.

Obligatory "Chris Kirkpatrick, you can get your ass kicked worse than those little Limp Bizkit bastards". I may be an NSYNC girl from back in the day but Eminem is always the first thing I think of when I hear his name.

I'm happy with the cast - I hope Teddi asks Ms. Cupcake to hip check her into a wall if she tries to drunkenly eat one potato chip like Kyle Richards did to her when they were in France. I really don't like Teddi. I don't think I can say that enough.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
  • Carson Kressley I know somewhat, from RuPaul’s Drag Race.
  • Likewise Chris Kattan from SNL, A Night At the Roxbury and Undercover Brother.
  • Funny, I was under the impression Todd Bridges had died a while back - and after seeing that intro clip, I’m still not certain I was wrong.

For the rest…?  I got nothing.

Zero.  Zip, zilch, nada.  

Couldn’t put a name to their faces if I tried.

Couldn’t pick them out of a lineup if it meant a frikkin’ firing squad.

In other words - Welcome to Celebrity Big Brother!!!

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
49 minutes ago, Nashville said:
  • Funny, I was under the impression Todd Bridges had died a while back - and after seeing that intro clip, I’m still not certain I was wrong.

Uh, he DID die... in my universe anyway. Am I in an alt universe now? OMG this is a serious case of a Mandela Effect. He died, now he is alive. What the hell????

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Chris Kattan could be interesting. I have no clue who he is out of character. 

No one else sounds interesting to me so far, but that could change. 

Chris Kattan was on DWTS a few years ago and terrible.   Not mean, but just vague, self absorbed and a bit out of it.  

I guess after Ross Matthews, they were contractually required to have Carson, who I do enjoy.  And he was also on DWTS as was Lamar Odem.  Anyone else!

• LOL 1
29 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Chris Kattan was on DWTS a few years ago and terrible.   Not mean, but just vague, self absorbed and a bit out of it.  

I think what I like about CBB is that we get to see these people 24/7, and no one can be on 24/7. We see them asleep, getting up in the morning, without their makeup and hair done. We see them bored or anxious. Eating toast. Doing their laundry. 

I'm not even sure why this fascinates me so much. Maybe it's because one of my favourite things in life is to see behind the scenes of things. Here we get to see behind the scenes of a famous person's persona. I'm just disappointed that CBB can't ever get anyone who would even make the D list. 

Every season brings surprises, people who aren't what you expected at all I wonder who will surprise me this time? 

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 1

IIRC, Chris had back problems that caused him a lot of pain during DWTS. If that is still there, it will certainly affect him in the ridiculous competitions, not to mention his overall attitude. 

Still crushed there is no New York. If there's a CBB next year, she'd better be on it! 

• Love 3

I haven't watched regular BB in a while, but did see some of the last celebrity one, and was thinking about maybe watching this one.

On that list the only ones I've heard of are Todd Bridges, Lamar Odom (when he was in the news all the time due to whichever Kardashian he was married to), and recently saw mention of John Mellencamp's daughter, which was probably because she was going to be on CBB.   So not really celebrities, to me, but still may tune in.

• Love 2

Yes, I think this could be the least known bunch of "celebrities" we've had so far. I'll still watch though because it's in February. Nothing else to do but stare at snowbanks and try to stop eating so much. 😁

• LOL 6

That's...an underwhelming list, even for the normally C-list Celeb BB. 

But I do love Carson so I'll check it out until he gets voted out. At least I don't have a bunch of favorites so it makes for low stress viewing, ha.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Me too. I feel like she won’t do well though, unless maybe Todrick and Carson pull her into an alliance since she guest judged on Drag Race lol.

okay that would be awessssssommmme though!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 1

I just started watching Rob and Taran on RHAP discussing the CBB cast and they both admitted they hardly knew who any of these people were. Rob's comment was "We  saw the list and we were....whelmed." 😁

Edited by Melina22
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

On the plus side, no Spicer or Hicks etc.   That’s one good thing about the cast list.  

This plus no Erika Jayne makes it almost perfect for me.

I knew the JTT and Tyson Beckford ideas were too good to be true.  Sigh.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1

At least I have HEARD of every single person except the UFC fighter.  I just don't know what a few of them are famous FOR.

Mirai is actually somebody I know of the LEAST which is probably why I am cheering for her the MOST.

For me, Chris Kattan is definitely the most famous.  Then Carson, or maybe Chris Kirkpatrick.  They're probably tied.
I would never know about Cynthia and Teddi if not for being such a big RHONY fan, but unfortunately, I am.

Former NBA star Lamar Odom

Olympian ice-skater Mirai Nagasu

Former Miss USA Shanna Moakler

Designer and RuPaul’s Drag Race Judge Carson Kressley

TV Personality and daughter of singer John Mellencamp, Teddi Mellencamp

“Real Housewives of Atlanta’s” Cynthia Bailey

Singer and choreographer Todrick Hall

*NSYNC’s Chris Kirkpatrick

“Different Strokes” actor Todd Bridges

“Saturday Night Live’s” Chris Kattan

UFC Fighter Miesha “Cupcake” Tate

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

At present (and lacking any other information) I reckon I’m rooting for Carson; I’m leaving my impressions open to future review and revision, though, as I see/hear more from the collective horses’ mouths.  
As I said earlier, I don’t know most of these people from Adam - but I’m open (hoping, even?) to be pleasantly surprised.

• Love 2